PDA

View Full Version : automatic refreshing

testies
01-22-2014, 09:26 PM
I don~t know if the administrators noticed this horrible automatic refreshing that happens in threads, but it makes the game thread unbearable on the browser, and it often bugs, refreshing like 50 posts at once

is there a way to stop it? and who had this pathetic idea?

Bruno
01-22-2014, 09:43 PM
WoW, so much aggressiveness. You had to realize that you're on a add free forum with behind people paying hosting with their own money to make it work. Calling administrators like that is so lame. Shame on you.

IIRC, automatic refresh on game threads is an idea of timvp, before that, there were a chat room during games.

Now, if the majority of you don't like the auto refresh function in game threads, it's very easy for me no to turn it off. Back at the time, it was something appreciated by a lot of people so I will keep enabling it for the moment. If you aren't fine with that, you're free to leave.

jag
01-22-2014, 11:27 PM
Bruno has been doing work in the Spurs forum lately. I like it

DMC
01-22-2014, 11:33 PM
WoW, so much aggressiveness. You had to realize that you're on a add free forum with behind people paying hosting with their own money to make it work. Calling administrators like that is so lame. Shame on you.

IIRC, automatic refresh on game threads is an idea of timvp, before that, there were a chat room during games.

Now, if the majority of you don't like the auto refresh function in game threads, it's very easy for me no to turn it off. Back at the time, it was something appreciated by a lot of people so I will keep enabling it for the moment. If you aren't fine with that, you're free to leave.

It's ok on my PC but sucks on my tablet because it scrolls up while I am typing.

01-22-2014, 11:36 PM
It's ok on my PC but sucks on my tablet because it scrolls up while I am typing.same experience with me, but I'm on an S4.

No complaints here Bruno, I like it.

crc21209
01-22-2014, 11:36 PM
^^^^ Yeah on PC it's great but on my phone it kinda sucks...

Bruno
01-22-2014, 11:41 PM
^^^^ Yeah on PC it's great but on my phone it kinda sucks...

If you use the mobile version of the forum, I don't think there is an auto-refresh.

01-23-2014, 12:04 AM
If you use the mobile version of the forum, I don't think there is an auto-refresh.there's a mobile spurstalk? I was unaware.

DieMrBond
01-23-2014, 12:12 AM
I personally don't really like the feature (only because the page jumps to the bottom when you are reading so you can lose your place), but not enough to demand it be taken down - that's for sure.

Bruno
01-23-2014, 12:14 AM
there's a mobile spurstalk? I was unaware.

Yep, click on the white rectangle at the bottom left on the page to choose between mobile and standard style.

crc21209
01-23-2014, 12:25 AM
If you use the mobile version of the forum, I don't think there is an auto-refresh.

Oh ok I didn't know that either. Thanks! :toast

urunobili
01-23-2014, 08:04 AM
Bruno has been doing work in the Spurs forum lately. I like it