PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: What is up with Tony Parker's defense?

JohnnyMax
01-22-2014, 11:29 PM
Reggie Jackson is killing him

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-22-2014, 11:30 PM
How about putting Corey Joseph, our third-string point guard, on KD?

thunderup
01-22-2014, 11:39 PM
If I'm the Spurs I keep doing it. Reggie owns Parker like he owned Barry that one time back years ago.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-22-2014, 11:39 PM
If I'm the Spurs I keep doing it. Reggie owns Parker like he owned Barry that one time back years ago.

Parker is a top 3 PG.. something Jackson will never dream to be...

and I'm pretty sure Jackson will bolt soon. He's not gonna back-up Westfag forever tbh

elmanutres
01-22-2014, 11:53 PM
Parker has always been terrible at D. This isn't new.

Venti Quattro
01-22-2014, 11:56 PM
Parker's defense is like the Maginot Line

Rogue
01-23-2014, 12:02 AM
the fact that spurs used to have a good defensive system pretty much covered up the defensive weaknesses of some individuals (Enrique, Bonner etc...), but it could no longer work that way with Bruce Bowen and Duncan's legs gone imho

Roger Freemason Jr.
01-23-2014, 12:11 AM
Parker's defense hasn't been terrible the last two seasons. I thought it was acceptable last season. But I do feel that Parker's defense has a lot to do with the Spurs woes. Point guards have been having field days against the Spurs. Every-time I see the roll man set a screen for the opposing PG, I don't see Parker after that. Pick and roll jumpers have been murdering the Spurs as of late.

ElNono
01-23-2014, 12:13 AM
I like to think he's not really trying now, but at some point it will start to make me wonder... he's been really awful...

TDMVPDPOY
01-23-2014, 03:08 AM
Parker is a top 3 PG.. something Jackson will never dream to be...

and I'm pretty sure Jackson will bolt soon. He's not gonna back-up Westfag forever tbh

ur delusional if you stilll believe enrique is top3 pg let alone top5,

dude is nothing more then a ball hog who only looks to score, then playmaking or playing a lick of defense

if you say he has playmaking skills, over dribbling down the clock and weak ass bailout pass for low % bailout shot is not playmaking...

tp has always been overrated, look at all these no name pg who keeps on taking a shit on him

TDMVPDPOY
01-23-2014, 04:00 AM
spurs only play 4 on 5 defense with enrique in the lineup,

now with errors in the line up t hats 3 on 5

now u dont even have a legitimate wing defender both out injured, good luck with whatever defensive system

its time fkn pop has to get errors the fck out for bonner/baynes into the lineup, how much more time and money is FO going to invest into this clown who is at best should be flipping burgers

hater
01-23-2014, 04:14 AM
it's pretty much on par with the rest of the Spurs.

which means it's laughable.

Rogue
01-23-2014, 06:34 AM
Attacking-first PGs are very liable to become cancers imho. Sure, good self-attacking ability gives a PG more freedom to organize the team's defense and poses extra threat to the opposing team (like Steve Nash) but it doesn't mean a PG is privileged to prioritize his own desire above his team's. You may also see Paul or Nash turning from assist-first mode into attacking mode, but you'll never see the likes of Enrique working the other way around tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
01-23-2014, 08:44 AM
enrique fans should never bring up or mention defense in the same sentence/thead for this clown

if he had any form of defense...he wouldve blocked that bottled that shattered on his head at the club by some nigglet

Thread
01-23-2014, 09:02 AM
Though without him you're short 3, and even if I wasn't here, this place woulda never been created for me to even have been here.

TDMVPDPOY
01-23-2014, 09:11 AM
Though without him you're short 3, and even if I wasn't here, this place woulda never been created for me to even have been here.

03 claxton saves his ass
05 beno/brent save his ass against teh suns, finals was all horry or ginoboli
07 lmao a rookie pg gibson no talent hack starting for the cavs

wanker gettin credit for shit he doesnt deserve

01-23-2014, 09:15 AM
I didn't have a problem with his defense much in the playoffs cept for Maybe the GS series? He's never been a DPOTY type of player, but he's either not trying to burn out for the playoffs or he's already burned out from the long summer.

TDMVPDPOY
01-23-2014, 09:24 AM
I didn't have a problem with his defense much in the playoffs cept for Maybe the GS series? He's never been a DPOTY type of player, but he's either not trying to burn out for the playoffs or he's already burned out from the long summer.

dont give me that bs excuse his burnt out, but has no problem going enrique in the game...

Thread
01-23-2014, 10:32 AM
03 claxton saves his ass
05 beno/brent save his ass against teh suns, finals was all horry or ginoboli
07 lmao a rookie pg gibson no talent hack starting for the cavs

wanker gettin credit for shit he doesnt deserve

BUT, without Parker you're short 3. To deny such is like me denying without Gasol I ain't short 2.

Don't be so fucking stubborn. You can still hate the fellow, but, you can't deny him his rights. GD it.

TDMVPDPOY
01-23-2014, 10:36 AM
BUT, without Parker you're short 3. To deny such is like me denying without Gasol I ain't short 2.

Don't be so fucking stubborn. You can still hate the fellow, but, you can't deny him his rights. GD it.

you tellin me if i replace enrique with any top5 pg those seasons spurs wont ring? cause of enriques contribution?

those early playoff rounds was all duncan or ginoboli taking a shit when nature called....

Thread
01-23-2014, 10:46 AM
you tellin me if i replace enrique with any top5 pg those seasons spurs wont ring? cause of enriques contribution?

those early playoff rounds was all duncan or ginoboli taking a shit when nature called....

I'm not tellin you that because I don't talk in that "silly" way (generalities) you guys do around here. And it wouldn't matter if I did. He did it. Parker rang three times. The "any" didn't. "any" talked about doing it and "you" talked about "any" doing it---but "any" didn't ring. Parker rang, three times. Sure, it looks easy now that the smoke has cleared, and the roiling is over, and hand wringing is over, and your prayers were answered and it's quiet. Could you function at that Finals level where everything in your viewfinder looks like your television screen when the vertical hold has foundered & failed?

testies
01-23-2014, 10:59 AM
he played really hard at the eurocup + went to finals.. starting to bother me

TDMVPDPOY
01-23-2014, 11:06 AM
I'm not tellin you that because I don't talk in that "silly" way (generalities) you guys do around here. And it wouldn't matter if I did. He did it. Parker rang three times. The "any" didn't. "any" talked about doing it and "you" talked about "any" doing it---but "any" didn't ring. Parker rang, three times. Sure, it looks easy now that the smoke has cleared, and the roiling is over, and hand wringing is over, and your prayers were answered and it's quiet. Could you function at that Finals level where everything in your viewfinder looks like your television screen when the vertical hold has foundered & failed?

so tell me, why didnt he jump on that gayray 3pt attempt in game 6?

01-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Why did manu fall? It was Danny's man, why didn't he recover? Tony might have faults, but that Ray Allen three wasn't one of them.

Thread
01-23-2014, 12:05 PM

Because obviously Pop and 29 other NBA coaches did not condition him or their'n. to. Otherwise he would have.

& I'm just as guilty as you. I hold Gasol in the same esteem as you hold Parker. Why didn't Gasol respond to Perkins in '08? Why didn't Gasol respond to Dirk & Chandler in '11? I got nary room to condemn you. It's personal with you & Parker, me & Gasol and when it is that way it's inexplicable.

TDMVPDPOY
01-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Why did manu fall? It was Danny's man, why didn't he recover? Tony might have faults, but that Ray Allen three wasn't one of them.

whether whoever man it was, you still had to put up some effort of defense

blaming whoever 3 guys going after a failed rebound, so tell me why didnt parker jump for that rebound also?

he got there first b4 kawhi, yet didnt bother jumping, we all know he wanted OT cause for 4 quarter he did jackshit and fmvp running away

Thread
01-23-2014, 12:13 PM

blaming whoever 3 guys going after a failed rebound, so tell me why didnt parker jump for that rebound also?

he got there first b4 kawhi, yet didnt bother jumping, we all know he wanted OT cause for 4 quarter he did jackshit and fmvp running away

That 3 is on Pop. He never accounted for it in his season preparation nor his playoffs preparation. So then lo & behold when it hit in the Finals it was a Chinese fire drill.

01-23-2014, 02:49 PM

I can't tell if you're trolling or not. You really believe Tony sabotaged his chance of getting his fourth ring because he wouldn't have been finals MVP? I hope your trolling.

KL2
01-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Parker was a beast last year on defense, playing some of the best defense of his career. Then he got injured or some shit and went from elite to average.

This year he is fatigued because he didn't take the off season off, he admitted to being fatigued all the way back in September which has lead to the worst defense of his career this year. He has nobody to blame but himself, as does the Spurs organization for allowing him to do so.

The he funny thing is this isn't even the first time Parker or even Manu have been fatigued from playing during the off season, it's happened before.

Thread
01-23-2014, 07:23 PM
^Until Media condemns the players for participating in these barn storming exhibitions their participation will never end.

Media will never do that.

Rogue
01-23-2014, 09:22 PM
enrique fans should never bring up or mention defense in the same sentence/thead for this clown

if he had any form of defense...he wouldve blocked that bottled that shattered on his head at the club by some nigglet
and he would've blocked that crooked-back 3pt shot by Ray, to win Tammy a 5th ring and the 4th for himself :depressed