PDA

View Full Version : Do People Still Believe In Global Warming?

KoolAid Mans Brother
01-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Just wondering is this fad finally died as people walk outside and freeze their balls off, or if they still have a small group who buy into what scientists, meteorologists, politicians, and the media tell them what to believe.

Clipper Nation
01-23-2014, 05:52 PM
It used to be global cooling, then it changed to global warming, and now it's just "climate change".... no matter what self-righteous hippies call this scam, it all boils down to wanting more of our money, tbh....

ChumpDumper
01-23-2014, 06:10 PM
I believe threads like this are started in winter.

Rogue
01-23-2014, 08:21 PM
Climate changes periodically by its nature. In some certain eras it warms up, others it cools down, the cycle rolling on and on. I believe the globe is warming because the earth is current in a "warming" session, but I don't believe the "global warming" has so much to do with human activities as people's stupidity does with the twice elections of Barack Obama, tbh

HI-FI
01-23-2014, 08:56 PM
agree with Rogue.

I don't know if global warming is legit, I do know the elites will use any excuse to control the people though.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-23-2014, 09:39 PM
Climate changes periodically by its nature. In some certain eras it warms up, others it cools down, the cycle rolling on and on. I believe the globe is warming because the earth is current in a "warming" session, but I don't believe the "global warming" has so much to do with human activities as people's stupidity does with the twice elections of Barack Obama, tbh

The folks at Berkley did a frequency analysis. They determined that we should be on the waxing part of the sinusoid so it should be getting cooler. However it has not gone cooler despite every single anecdote people throw out there. Its cold today: climate change is a lie!

MultiTroll
01-23-2014, 09:56 PM
Just wondering is this fad finally died as people walk outside and freeze their balls off, or if they still have a small group who buy into what scientists, meteorologists, politicians, and the media tell them what to believe.
Freezing. Ya.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/01/17/brown-to-declare-california-drought-emergency-as-western-water-woes-intensify/

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2014012133775/life-and-science/energy-and-environment/the-worst-drought-in-the-history-of-california-is-happening-right-now.html

Is the West’s Dry Spell Really a Megadrought?http://www.climatecentral.org/news/is-the-wests-dry-spell-really-a-megadrought-16824

rascal
01-23-2014, 10:05 PM
Yes
Climate has been warmer over the last couple of decades.

CuckingFunt
01-23-2014, 10:07 PM
A lot of people have a hard time keeping clear the difference between weather and climate.

Das Texan
01-23-2014, 10:15 PM
When I was learning about global warming back in late 90s and early 00s, people generally assumed the term global warming = warmer temperatures lock stock and barrel when what I was taught was that it was just a term for much more extreme temperatures of which we have seen a fucking shit ton of that shit in the last decade and a half.

Just saying.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-23-2014, 10:28 PM
lol these dumb libertarians who think global warming is a tool to control people

For too long the alternative energy industry has had its boot on the throat of big oil :lmao

Thread
01-23-2014, 10:54 PM
It used to be global cooling, then it changed to global warming, and now it's just "climate change".... no matter what self-righteous hippies call this scam, it all boils down to wanting more of our money, tbh....

CN

Nbadan
01-23-2014, 11:00 PM
:lol

Flat earthers...

Because I don't believe in it, it must not exist.....

Clipper Nation
01-24-2014, 12:39 AM
lol these dumb libertarians who think global warming is a tool to control people

Not seeing how it "controls people," but even you have to admit that 90% of the climate change drama is geared towards convincing everyone to pay extra for "green" shit :lol

Jacob1983
01-24-2014, 01:05 AM
I'm not sure if climate change is created by humans but we got to cut back on shit. We need to cut back on cars, planes, gas, oil, and electricity. If not, we are gonna wind up like the humans in wall-e. I don't want the son of Johnny 5 cleaning up the trash on this planet.

AaronY
01-24-2014, 01:33 AM
I believe threads like this are started in winter.
rofl

HI-FI
01-24-2014, 02:01 AM
Not seeing how it "controls people," but even you have to admit that 90% of the climate change drama is geared towards convincing everyone to pay extra for "green" shit :lol
He might be referring to my comment, which tbh, I already said I don't know if it's true or not. I just don't trust some of the types that are pushing it, like Dok's boy Soros. Global warming could be real, I hope it's not.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-24-2014, 02:04 AM
Meh. Global Warming is probably real. There's evidence that the worlds temperature has steadily risen, and it is due to man more than likely. But there's not really shit we can do at this point. So fuck it.

Reck
01-24-2014, 02:24 AM
But there's not really shit we can do at this point. So fuck it.

Except try to live a normal, smooth breathing life by getting rid of pussy cat hairs in our apartments.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-24-2014, 02:27 AM
Except try to live a normal, smooth breathing life by getting rid of pussy cat hairs in our apartments.

:lmao meltdown

http://www.amothersthoughts.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Vagisil.jpg

this may help

Reck
01-24-2014, 02:46 AM
:lmao meltdown

http://www.amothersthoughts.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Vagisil.jpg

this may help

http://www.moveoneinc.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/cat-in-coat.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-24-2014, 05:50 AM

:lmao "That evil alternative energy industry!"

:lmao being a big oil shill and not even knowing it

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-24-2014, 05:53 AM
He might be referring to my comment, which tbh, I already said I don't know if it's true or not. I just don't trust some of the types that are pushing it, like Dok's boy Soros. Global warming could be real, I hope it's not.
It was but more towards Clipper Nation. He's right alongside me in making fun of people in the military for being oil slaves, but he's shilling for Haliburton/Exxon/Koch just as much as the military by being a global warming denier.

Soros also has no financial skin in the game. The side that denies global warming (big oil) clearly has a conflict of interest.

Warlord23
01-24-2014, 06:34 AM
FYI, you might want to take a look at the Southern Hemisphere as well, which experiences summer when the Northern Hemisphere has winter. As America freezes its balls off, Australia is suffering through a heatwave. Tennis is being played at the Australian Open at 108 degrees Fahrenheit - a player recently blacked out during a match.

Either way, neither of those single data points by themselves should be used to draw conclusions about climate. What is relevant is aggregates / frequency / probability of extreme events.

rascal
01-24-2014, 07:47 AM
Either way, neither of those single data points by themselves should be used to draw conclusions about climate. What is relevant is aggregates / frequency / probability of extreme events.

And that points to rising overall temperatures.

Brazil
01-24-2014, 09:06 AM

For too long the alternative energy industry has had its boot on the throat of big oil :lmao

I am always surprised to be 90% of the time on the same page with DoK ...

:lmao control people with global warming

Creepn
01-24-2014, 09:39 AM
How do you control people with global warming? We was going to try to go green whether this happened or not because it's the smart thing to do.

Chinook
01-24-2014, 11:17 AM
Lol.

Yes, global warming is real. It's just not something you can feel. The earth's average temperature has increased something like 1 degree Celsius over the last decade or so. That is too small for us to notice with daily temperature fluctuations. But certain creatures are much more sensitive. There's also a lot of chemistry that depends on the appropriate temperatures for equilibrium.

So yeah, global warming in real, but it really doesn't matter until something we care about dies.

Rogue
01-25-2014, 11:11 PM
the first of all solutions to the issue of global warming, if there is such an issue, is that those so-called scientists should fart less so there'll be less greenhouse gas in the atmosphere, imho.

Jacob1983
01-26-2014, 12:47 AM
Can't you make an argument that anything and everything can be dangerous to planet Earth?

Big Empty
01-26-2014, 01:07 PM
i think global warming is real and i think we cause it. the past few years its been warmer. just a tiny bit. its alot of things. mostly, more carbon dioxide in the air from less trees, more live stock needed to feed the growing populations omitting gas, and more cars on the street. i have no research to back it up. just from things ive read over the years it seems to make sense. im 50.5 % republican and 49.5 % democrat. not going off anything CNN or Fox has tried to brainwash into anyone.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 02:00 PM
How do you control people with global warming? We was going to try to go green whether this happened or not because it's the smart thing to do.

Fear is the control. People buy in to the alarmist point of view.

Ever watch Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth?"

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 02:02 PM
the first of all solutions to the issue of global warming, if there is such an issue, is that those so-called scientists should fart less so there'll be less greenhouse gas in the atmosphere, imho.
There is only one aspect of AWG that all scientists agree on and I agree we should take action on. That is greatly reducing, and preferably eliminating, the aerosol emissions from fossil fuel burning.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 02:13 PM
i think global warming is real and i think we cause it. the past few years its been warmer. just a tiny bit. its alot of things. mostly, more carbon dioxide in the air from less trees, more live stock needed to feed the growing populations omitting gas, and more cars on the street. i have no research to back it up. just from things ive read over the years it seems to make sense. im 50.5 % republican and 49.5 % democrat. not going off anything CNN or Fox has tried to brainwash into anyone.
Actually, the balance of plants and trees is growing, if anything. Primarily through control of forest fires. Even the destruction of the rainforests give way to crops that are maintained and grown as fast as possible.

I agree global warming is real. I have no doubt that we haven't stopped warming from the last ice age, that the sun changes in output, and that soot on ice is a problem. I will disagree that CO2 is a problem however. CO2 is not as powerful of a greenhouse gas as H2O is, and we have more water vapor in the lower troposphere than CO2 by at least a factor of 50. The changing temperature of the ocean surface drives the moisture content, and the ocean is most influenced by the sun. spectral emissions from CO2 effectively reflect off of water, causing no warming, but visible light and UV are more than 90% absorbed by the oceans. For the few microns that the spectral emissions from CO2 do penetrate water, if anything, it cools the water by what little extra H2O it excites to evaporate. Therefore, the net effect is zero. The extra heat the H2O requires to evaporate, takes it from the water. It's like how you feel colder as the wind picks up. Moisture is evaporating from the skin, robbing heat from you.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 02:15 PM
Lol.

Yes, global warming is real. It's just not something you can feel. The earth's average temperature has increased something like 1 degree Celsius over the last decade or so. That is too small for us to notice with daily temperature fluctuations. But certain creatures are much more sensitive. There's also a lot of chemistry that depends on the appropriate temperatures for equilibrium.

So yeah, global warming in real, but it really doesn't matter until something we care about dies.

I think the most apparent way we see global warming is the melting of ice sheets and the thermal expansion of the oceans, causing a sea level rise. However, how do you distinguish, with any accuracy, what is natural and what is anthropogenic?

spurraider21
01-26-2014, 04:36 PM
"climate change" is hilarious. if literally anything happens to the weather, its artificial now

climate change is not a new phenomenon. the earth had an ice age (many, in fact) and it went through warmer periods as well. were those climate shifts caused by greenhouse gases, tbh?

spurraider21
01-26-2014, 04:37 PM
http://socioecohistory.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/time-magazine-april-1977.jpg

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 05:10 PM

Let's not forget all that hot air spewing from Gore's mouth.

Big Empty
01-26-2014, 05:12 PM
Actually, the balance of plants and trees is growing, if anything. Primarily through control of forest fires. Even the destruction of the rainforests give way to crops that are maintained and grown as fast as possible.

I agree global warming is real. I have no doubt that we haven't stopped warming from the last ice age, that the sun changes in output, and that soot on ice is a problem. I will disagree that CO2 is a problem however. CO2 is not as powerful of a greenhouse gas as H2O is, and we have more water vapor in the lower troposphere than CO2 by at least a factor of 50. The changing temperature of the ocean surface drives the moisture content, and the ocean is most influenced by the sun. spectral emissions from CO2 effectively reflect off of water, causing no warming, but visible light and UV are more than 90% absorbed by the oceans. For the few microns that the spectral emissions from CO2 do penetrate water, if anything, it cools the water by what little extra H2O it excites to evaporate. Therefore, the net effect is zero. The extra heat the H2O requires to evaporate, takes it from the water. It's like how you feel colder as the wind picks up. Moisture is evaporating from the skin, robbing heat from you.nice :) you've don your homework on this.

spurraider21
01-26-2014, 05:53 PM
5 year old vid, but not bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glnaW1NbmXs

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 06:38 PM
5 year old vid, but not bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glnaW1NbmXs

LOL...

I don't recall seeing this before, but I was laughing from the start!

I like this:

1:40

So why don't we talk about the suns contribution to the global warming problem... well... because we can't regulate it, tax it, or make it feel guilty for what it's doing.

Proxy
01-26-2014, 06:50 PM

I agree global warming is real. I have no doubt that we haven't stopped warming from the last ice age, that the sun changes in output, and that soot on ice is a problem. I will disagree that CO2 is a problem however. CO2 is not as powerful of a greenhouse gas as H2O is, and we have more water vapor in the lower troposphere than CO2 by at least a factor of 50. The changing temperature of the ocean surface drives the moisture content, and the ocean is most influenced by the sun. spectral emissions from CO2 effectively reflect off of water, causing no warming, but visible light and UV are more than 90% absorbed by the oceans. For the few microns that the spectral emissions from CO2 do penetrate water, if anything, it cools the water by what little extra H2O it excites to evaporate. Therefore, the net effect is zero. The extra heat the H2O requires to evaporate, takes it from the water. It's like how you feel colder as the wind picks up. Moisture is evaporating from the skin, robbing heat from you.

The sun has been cooler during the warming trend

the earth accounts for it's own CO2 emissions through natural means. That's the way it's always been. It's our contribution that leads to the imbalance of a sensitive climate.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2014, 06:55 PM

There is a mountain of empirical evidence that subsumes our annual 'it's cold today SEE NO GW!' and it all points to the same thing. Every, and I mean every science foundation in the world including our National Academy is in concord on this.

Yet for some reason people that don't know a fucking thing about frequency analysis or conduction across thermal layers think they know whats up.

It's been well documented the political style fundraising and campaigning that creates this illusion that its not really 99.5%of scientist are in agreement.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2014, 06:57 PM
LOL...

I don't recall seeing this before, but I was laughing from the start!

I like this:

While I am not surprised that you think climate scientists don't include solar radiation in their calculus, it is nonetheless pathetic.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-26-2014, 07:00 PM
There is a mountain of empirical evidence that subsumes our annual 'it's cold today SEE NO GW!' and it all points to the same thing. Every, and I mean every science foundation in the world including our National Academy is in concord on this.

Yet for some reason people that don't know a fucking thing about frequency analysis or conduction across thermal layers think they know whats up.

It's been well documented the political style fundraising and campaigning that creates this illusion that its not really 99.5%of scientist are in agreement.

My favorite is when they claim publicly funded scientists who get paid the same regardless of what they research/publish are the ones with an agenda and special interests, NOT the scientists funded by Exxon Mobil and Koch Industry. They're the honest ones with no agenda :lmao

Clipper Nation
01-26-2014, 07:04 PM
:lol That theory is about as scientific as Al Gore's whole movie, tbh....

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2014, 07:06 PM
nice :) you've don your homework on this.

No he hasn't. He is regurgitating something else as he is wont to do. Bertrand Russell has a quote that describes WC to a tee.

A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

He used to claim that they didn't consider black carbon. Now he claims they don't consider water or feedback cycles. He is a dumbfuck that doesn't even know what the parts he changes do.

Brazil
01-26-2014, 07:10 PM
"climate change" is hilarious. if literally anything happens to the weather, its artificial now

climate change is not a new phenomenon. the earth had an ice age (many, in fact) and it went through warmer periods as well. were those climate shifts caused by greenhouse gases, tbh?

No shit Sherlock ? Issue is not on the fact it happened before, issues are on the fact it's probably not natural and the pace is much faster. Other issue being ocean level affecting desert lands thousand years ago and now it's affecting potentially entire cities and millions of people. With 8 or 9 billion people consequences of climate changes are much more impactful. Screw a rice harvest and you will see the consequences.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 07:12 PM
The sun has been cooler during the warming trend

Has it? What are you defining as the warming trend? I see it as 1750 to present day. Different papers have different values, but they all show relatively little change since around 1950, and an increase since 1750:

http://davidpratt.info/climate/clim9-4.png (http://davidpratt.info/climatecon2.htm)

the earth accounts for it's own CO2 emissions through natural means. That's the way it's always been. It's our contribution that leads to the imbalance of a sensitive climate.
Yet to date, there is no math formula released that shows warming from CO2 in an atmospheric mix.

Again, there is more than 50 timers more H2O in the lower troposphere than CO2. Please show me the math that shows how CO2 makes any notable difference.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 07:14 PM
While I am not surprised that you think climate scientists don't include solar radiation in their calculus, it is nonetheless pathetic.
Did you watch the Youtube, or not?

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2014, 07:15 PM
Has it? What are you defining as the warming trend? I see it as 1750 to present day. Different papers have different values, but they all show relatively little change since around 1950, and an increase since 1750:

http://davidpratt.info/climate/clim9-4.png (http://davidpratt.info/climatecon2.htm)

Yet to date, there is no math formula released that shows warming from CO2 in an atmospheric mix.

Again, there is more than 50 timers more H2O in the lower troposphere than CO2. Please show me the math that shows how CO2 makes any notable difference.

The front page of the site wilddumbass got that shit from has for a header:

Exploring Theosophy

The Synthesis of Science, Religion and Philosophy
David Pratt's Homepage

This is the same type of shit he go that a solar 'burp' caused the great flood. Explaining to him what that much hydrogen combustion throughout the atmosphere would do was entertaining.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2014, 07:18 PM
Did you watch the Youtube, or not?

:lmao

spurraider21
01-26-2014, 07:23 PM
No shit Sherlock ? Issue is not on the fact it happened before, issues are on the fact it's probably not natural and the pace is much faster. Other issue being ocean level affecting desert lands thousand years ago and now it's affecting potentially entire cities and millions of people. With 8 or 9 billion people consequences of climate changes are much more impactful. Screw a rice harvest and you will see the consequences.
not sure we can measure the pace of hundreds of thousdands of years ago. we have only measured the pace of it for about 100 years, and we can't really compare it to past eras since they study those in much larger timescales

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 07:23 PM
No he hasn't. He is regurgitating something else as he is wont to do. Bertrand Russell has a quote that describes WC to a tee.

He used to claim that they didn't consider black carbon. Now he claims they don't consider water or feedback cycles. He is a dumbfuck that doesn't even know what the parts he changes do.
You sure are guilty at what you accuse others of. Worse yet, you lie about my point of view. I never said they don't consider solar or soot, and if I ever did, it was a misspeak that you won't let go of, and I have countless said otherwise.

My related points are they do not consider the indirect solar changes. Only direct, and that they have low balled soot. I have repeatedly said they have been increasing the soot estimate as time goes by.

I really wish you would stop being a chronic liar.

People see it. Don't you realize you have no credibility?

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 07:27 PM
The front page of the site wilddumbass got that shit from has for a header:

Exploring Theosophy

The Synthesis of Science, Religion and Philosophy
David Pratt's Homepage

This is the same type of shit he go that a solar 'burp' caused the great flood. Explaining to him what that much hydrogen combustion throughout the atmosphere would do was entertaining.

Does it matter where I got the image to, when i am pointing out the graphs from the works of Hoyt, Lean, Wang, Svalgaard, etc. etc?

I liked the compiled graph which is an accurate representation of these peoples works, so I used it and linked the site.

Are you so dumb, or do you think others here are so dumb, that they don't see the way you obfuscate things?

Brazil
01-26-2014, 07:28 PM
not sure we can measure the pace of hundreds of thousdands of years ago. we have only measured the pace of it for about 100 years, and we can't really compare it to past eras since they study those in much larger timescales

Not sure I'm able to contest the work of hundreds of scientists.

At the end what's the point ? Are you implying human activities have no impact on global climatic trends or just saying we are not sure... The fact our industries and agriculture release tons of shit everywhere is an issue. People saying there is no correlation uses that to justify the do nothing and continue to fuck up.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2014, 07:28 PM
You sure are guilty at what you accuse others of. Worse yet, you lie about my point of view. I never said they don't consider solar or soot, and if I ever did, it was a misspeak that you won't let go of, and I have countless said otherwise.

My related points are they do not consider the indirect solar changes. Only direct, and that they have low balled soot. I have repeatedly said they have been increasing the soot estimate as time goes by.

I really wish you would stop being a chronic liar.

People see it. Don't you realize you have no credibility?

You can claim that I have no credibility but I am not the one that gets multiple people everyday telling me how dumb I am.

:lol misspeak

Did you misspeak when you said warming drives CO2?

Ignorant sophist fuck are you.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Does it matter where I got the image to, when i am pointing out the graphs from the works of Hoyt, Lean, Wang, Svalgaard, etc. etc?

I liked the compiled graph which is an accurate representation of these peoples works, so I used it and linked the site.

Are you so dumb, or do you think others here are so dumb, that they don't see the way you obfuscate things?

:lol obfuscate. you don't even know what it means.

If you do not think the credibility of a source is an issue then you are a fool.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2014, 07:32 PM
WAIT!!!

another WC classic:

the ocean is like a giant soda, fizzing.

And befoer you start whining about bullies keep in mind that you get it because you say stupid, mind-numbingly ignorant shit. Stop that and you will stop getting the 'picked on.' :cry

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 07:33 PM
:lol obfuscate. you don't even know what it means.

If you do not think the credibility of a source is an issue then you are a fool.

The source is Lean, Hoyt, etc.

Are you questioning their peer reviewed works? I simply used a graphic of their combined work from someone else. I'm sorry you are so stupid, but that's not my fault.

This thread is about global warming. Once again you are so obsessed about me, you make it about me. How many threads have you made about me now? I lost track. When will your obsessions stop?

I would suggest if you aren't going to add value to this thread, that you leave.

spurraider21
01-26-2014, 07:34 PM
Not sure I'm able to contest the work of hundreds of scientists.

At the end what's the point ? Are you implying human activities have no impact on global climatic trends or just saying we are not sure... The fact our industries and agriculture release tons of shit everywhere is an issue. People saying there is no correlation uses that to justify the do nothing and continue to fuck up.
the latter, we can't be sure how much of an impact we have. we've been doing advanced global temperature studies for less than 50 years yet we are so certain we are having a drastic effect. when we talk about studies of previous ice ages, they can't study such small time scales (less than 50 or 100 years) accurately at all. so its hard to compare them tbh.

spurraider21
01-26-2014, 07:35 PM
an emoticon is an interesting answer to a yes or no question, tbh

Brazil
01-26-2014, 07:37 PM
the latter, we can't be sure how much of an impact we have. we've been doing advanced global temperature studies for less than 50 years yet we are so certain we are having a drastic effect. when we talk about studies of previous ice ages, they can't study such small time scales (less than 50 or 100 years) accurately at all. so its hard to compare them tbh.

Again even if not sure even if if do you imply human activities have no effect ? Let's say you answer we are not sure is that a reason to do nothing ?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-26-2014, 07:41 PM

:lol this is like creationists saying we can't prove how old the planet is because we haven't been around that long

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2014, 07:41 PM
The source is Lean, Hoyt, etc.

Are you questioning their peer reviewed works? I simply used a graphic of their combined work from someone else. I'm sorry you are so stupid, but that's not my fault.

This thread is about global warming. Once again you are so obsessed about me, you make it about me. How many threads have you made about me now? I lost track. When will your obsessions stop?

I would suggest if you aren't going to add value to this thread, that you leave.

No a graph from there may have been but the compilation of bullshit that you are regurgitating comes from that guy.

For anyone else who wants to see for themselves its found @ http://davidpratt.info/climatecon2.htm

It's about 10 graphs taken from academic works with that guys 'interpretations.'

Heres another gem from WC's guy titled

http://davidpratt.info/aids.htm

HIV=AIDS=Death: A Killer Myth

And of course we need UFO's

http://davidpratt.info/ufo1.htm

Brazil
01-26-2014, 07:44 PM
:lol this is like creationists saying we can't prove how old the planet is because we haven't been around that long

Mouse is not a creationist :lol not sure what he is either

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2014, 07:45 PM
an emoticon is an interesting answer to a yes or no question, tbh

What is the emoticon of and what do think that action is to.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 07:47 PM
WAIT!!!

another WC classic:

the ocean is like a giant soda, fizzing.

And befoer you start whining about bullies keep in mind that you get it because you say stupid, mind-numbingly ignorant shit. Stop that and you will stop getting the 'picked on.' :cry
I see you are one who believes if you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it.

I never said that... liar...

I sad:

Carbon dioxide is in soft drinks. Notice how the carbon dioxide stays longer in them when they stay cold, but if you open a warm one up, it may fizz like crazy? More gas dissolves in cold water than warm water.

Again.

When will you stop lying?

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2014, 07:53 PM
I see you are one who believes if you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it.

I sad:

Again.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163637&page=59&p=5458330&viewfull=1#post5458330

below the first graph you say

The ocean is like a soda, going flat.

This is like when I called you on all that racist shit and you called me a liar. Now people have sigs of my collage of WC racism.

It's sad you cannot even keep up with your own shit.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 07:59 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163637&page=59&p=5458330&viewfull=1#post5458330

below the first graph you say

This is like when I called you on all that racist shit and you called me a liar. Now people have sigs of my collage of WC racism.

It's sad you cannot even keep up with your own shit.

So you agree. I didn't say it fizzes...

I think we are making progress. You can now acknowledge that you lie!

spurraider21
01-26-2014, 09:19 PM
no, its nothing like that. we know very well how long ago we had ice ages. we can also study co2 levels by studying gas bubbles in the arctic shelves. that's not at all what i am insinuating. what i'm saying is, we can't study historical climates a small sample like a 50 year span to compare it to our 50 year span of advanced climate studies.

spurraider21
01-26-2014, 09:23 PM
Again even if not sure even if if do you imply human activities have no effect ? Let's say you answer we are not sure is that a reason to do nothing ?
i don't understand your phrasing for a majority of this post tbh. do i think we should do nothing? not at all. we have technological means to improve our "green efforts" and i'm fine with us taking those steps. but these apoctolypic statements regarding climate change or how if we don't change now the earth as we know it will be destroyed are asinine imo

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 09:32 PM
no, its nothing like that. we know very well how long ago we had ice ages. we can also study co2 levels by studying gas bubbles in the arctic shelves. that's not at all what i am insinuating. what i'm saying is, we can't study historical climates a small sample like a 50 year span to compare it to our 50 year span of advanced climate studies.

Worse yet, ice core CO2 samples are an average of 1460 years apart, and the newest Vostok is about 300 BC. It takes time for the ice to be compacted to give a usable sample.

Alarmists don't like to hear this, but statistical analysis has the probability really low of detecting a 50 year blip in the ice.

NOAA dot gov link: NOAA CO2 core data (ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/paleo/icecore/antarctica/vostok/co2nat.txt)

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 09:37 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Global%20Warming/TemperatureandCO2overthelast12000ye.jpg

Brazil
01-26-2014, 09:39 PM
i don't understand your phrasing for a majority of this post tbh. do i think we should do nothing? not at all. we have technological means to improve our "green efforts" and i'm fine with us taking those steps. but these apoctolypic statements regarding climate change or how if we don't change now the earth as we know it will be destroyed are asinine imo

You got my phrasing right.

So now here we are, we all agree we have to do something. What sense of emergency we want to put in it? Let's pray you are right and actual predictions are wrong, we have time, oil companies are happy and republicans are happy too, Kyoto is good for European but not for American....

now if you are wrong ?

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 09:50 PM

So now here we are, we all agree we have to do something. What sense of emergency we want to put in it? Let's pray you are right and actual predictions are wrong, we have time, oil companies are happy and republicans are happy too, Kyoto is good for European but not for American....

now if you are wrong ?

Something to improve green sustainability is a good idea. However, anything like the Kyoto Protocol is a fools errand. As for replacing fossil fuels, it will be a natural process that doesn't need to be forced.

Brazil
01-26-2014, 09:55 PM
Something to improve green sustainability is a good idea. However, anything like the Kyoto Protocol is a fools errand. As for replacing fossil fuels, it will be a natural process that doesn't need to be forced.

Not that I don't trust your fucking genius, a dude like you who posts 38000 times here must an eminent scientist who understood everything but if you are wrong and indeed it is urgent we do something ? Like for instance we need to force the process...

so what then ? Enlighten me

spurraider21
01-26-2014, 10:01 PM

now if you are wrong ?
why are you bringing political parties into this, tbh? 50 years ago scientists thought we were undergoing global cooling, were heading to an ice age, and actually pitched the idea of MELTING the polar ice caps to fight it. we didn't take rash actions with the thought process of "what if the skeptics are wrong"

RD2191
01-26-2014, 10:09 PM
:lmaoBrazil getting owned per par

FuzzyLumpkins
Mouse is not a creationist :lol not sure what he is either

He calls it alternative design. Maybe it's mice that rule the universe.

Brazil
why are you bringing political parties into this, tbh? 50 years ago scientists thought we were undergoing global cooling, were heading to an ice age, and actually pitched the idea of MELTING the polar ice caps to fight it. we didn't take rash actions with the thought process of "what if the skeptics are wrong"

So what raider ? What's your point again? Do you tell me fighting against c02 concentration could be a bad thing ? So it's better to do nothing ? Until when we gonna do like that ?

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2014, 10:10 PM

You're going to have to do more than blow him if you are going to sell that weak shit in here.

Brazil
01-26-2014, 10:11 PM
He calls it alternative design. Maybe it's mice that rule the universe.

Somebody needs to explain to me what's alternative design tbh ? Aliens ?

RD2191
01-26-2014, 10:14 PM
You're going to have to do more than blow him if you are going to sell that weak shit in here.
:lmaoFuzzy foreskin with the dick riding goods.

spurraider21
01-26-2014, 10:20 PM
So what raider ? What's your point again? Do you tell me fighting against c02 concentration could be a bad thing ? So it's better to do nothing ? Until when we gonna do like that ?
stop putting words in my mouth. i said i was in favor of becoming smarter about our environmental efforts.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2014, 10:26 PM

I sad:

Again.

It didn't redo the quote in your original post so I will manually enter it and then right below it post the quote I have in mind. I will even bold key words to help you out.

Carbon dioxide is in soft drinks. Notice how the carbon dioxide stays longer in them when they stay cold, but if you open a warm one up, it may fizz like crazy? More gas dissolves in cold water than warm water.

The ocean is like a soda, going flat.

Its damn obvious that you are comparing the ocean to a fizzing soda. As these posts happened in sequence.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Fighting against increased CO2 is not a bad thing, until it is advocated that we spend large amounts of money doing so.

Why not fight the fights that are more easily won, like reducing or stopping aerosol emissions?

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 11:03 PM
Its damn obvious that you are comparing the ocean to a fizzing soda. As these posts happened in sequence.
My God.

When will your stupidity stop?

Is the ocean under pressure... do you have some magical cap on it to cause a sudden, drastic, change in pressure?

A soda can go flat without fizzing. Did you know that? If you change the temperature slowly, without containing it's release of CO2 pressure, you will not know it went flat until you tasted it.

I was not comparing a fizzing soda to the ocean like you imply. I was pointing out in a manner that people with no scientific understanding can comprehend. That a cold soda can just has a mild "pop" when you open it, and a warm soda can will fizz. This is because the fluid is capable of holding more CO2 when cold than when warm. I'm sorry that you cannot comprehend that temperature makes a difference in how much CO2 the water will hold. It's not my fault you are so fucking stupid. The only way this relates to the ocean is helping people to understand that temperature changes the amount of CO2 the ocean will hold.

You are the owner of stupidity. Your attempt to call me stupid because of your lack of understanding, then because it doesn't fit in your simply world, and calling others stupid...

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Somebody needs to explain to me what's alternative design tbh ? Aliens ?
Think of evolution with the help of a higher power. We manipulate genetics already. The thought is that who ever God, or the gods are, manipulated genetics rather than it being purely accidental.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 11:41 PM

How much time separates these posts?

A) 1 week
B) 4 weeks
C) 3 months
D) 1 year
E) 3 years

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Is this an annual ritual for you?

From January 2013:

'if' this solubility chart is true then the soda must fizz.

when you were talking about how you could envision the dynamics of what was going on, I immediately thought of the soda analysis.
Then once again, you are an idiot. My example of a soda going flat was for people who don't understand solubility of gasses in fluids. Almost everyone realizes soda holds less CO2 when warm than when cold. For you to think I literally meant the ocean acts like soda, to the degree soda responds... is so laughable.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-27-2014, 01:15 AM
Is this an annual ritual for you?

From January 2013:

Then once again, you are an idiot. My example of a soda going flat was for people who don't understand solubility of gasses in fluids. Almost everyone realizes soda holds less CO2 when warm than when cold. For you to think I literally meant the ocean acts like soda, to the degree soda responds... is so laughable.

The ocean is like a big soda

those are your words, not mine. Deal with it. Youre the one that felt the need to dumb it down.

would you rather we talk about capacitors, flywheels, PDEs, linearity, consant what ifs, wishful thinking, heat exchange, flaglots, racism, solar burps, when and when not to use a graph, napkin math, warming drives CO2, or any of the other stupid shit you have said, partschanger?

FuzzyLumpkins
01-27-2014, 01:20 AM
stop putting words in my mouth. i said i was in favor of becoming smarter about our environmental efforts.

Which means absolutely nothing.

spurraider21
01-27-2014, 01:22 AM
Which means absolutely nothing.
it means plenty in the context of the post i was responding to

FuzzyLumpkins
01-27-2014, 01:22 AM
Oh and another thing dumbass, you put that solubility chart up immediately after the soda as ocean stupidity. We were talking about solubility, nitwit.

TDMVPDPOY
01-27-2014, 03:12 AM
global warming? fck it who cares, the sooner the human species get burn to death is the best thing to happen to this planet

another week of 40 degrees down here...lmao

Jacob1983
01-27-2014, 03:39 AM
What if climate change has gotten so bad where it's basically pointless to do anything about it? What if it's like a black hole and we just saw the event horizon? I'm not an expert on physics or any science but I always thought that once you see the event horizon, it's game over. Maybe, we're just fucked.

Brazil
01-27-2014, 06:36 AM

I don't see where am I putting words in your mouth, I'm just asking. at the end I'm questionning pace to solve issues. becoming smarter won't do it imo

Wild Cobra
01-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Oh and another thing dumbass, you put that solubility chart up immediately after the soda as ocean stupidity. We were talking about solubility, nitwit.
Yes, I was explaining solubility. Again, the example with soda was a teaching aid that everyone can relate to. That CO2 solubility changes with temperature.

Why can't you get that simple truth through your head?

So...

What is the answer to post #90?

spurraider21
01-27-2014, 01:46 PM

The Gemini Method
01-27-2014, 02:12 PM
I don't know anymore. I know this though: it has been an incredibly warm winter here in SoCal--I don't remember the last time we had rain. I think it was the weekend prior to Thanksgiving. For this area, that is unusual. I know that the air quality of L.A. has improved over the last 15-20 years and that the lack of rain has allowed beach days in January, its just been a weird start to 2k14 in this area so to speak.

Wild Cobra
01-27-2014, 02:23 PM
I don't know anymore. I know this though: it has been an incredibly warm winter here in SoCal--I don't remember the last time we had rain. I think it was the weekend prior to Thanksgiving. For this area, that is unusual. I know that the air quality of L.A. has improved over the last 15-20 years and that the lack of rain has allowed beach days in January, its just been a weird start to 2k14 in this area so to speak.

Just for humor, a 1972 song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pyC7WnvLT4

kamikazi_player
01-27-2014, 04:11 PM

Owned? What thread are you reading?

spurraider21
01-27-2014, 06:00 PM
lack of rain in socal is nothing new here :rollin

spurraider21
01-27-2014, 06:00 PM
and tbh it rained a couple of nights ago

AntiChrist
01-27-2014, 06:05 PM
I think it should be renamed irritable climate syndrome.

Wild Cobra
01-27-2014, 06:07 PM

Works for me!

Brazil
01-27-2014, 06:40 PM
Owned? What thread are you reading?

:lol he is getting mad I guess over a X factor story

HI-FI
01-27-2014, 07:37 PM
global warming? fck it who cares, the sooner the human species get burn to death is the best thing to happen to this planet

another week of 40 degrees down here...lmao
:lol
truth bombs

Thebesteva
01-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Human beings are the worst thing that ever happened to this planet

Rogue
01-28-2014, 11:50 PM
agree. humans at some basic level are still animals and you know when some animals acquire such world-changing power, the planet is in trouble. There would've never been such issues like air pollution, overpopulation and whatever shits if everyone could think and behave one or two levels above an animal's standard, but sadly the vast majority of humans are still animals. You can dress a monkey like a human but you can never make it behave like one imho.

SnakeBoy
01-29-2014, 02:52 AM
agree. humans at some basic level are still animals and you know when some animals acquire such world-changing power, the planet is in trouble. There would've never been such issues like air pollution, overpopulation and whatever shits if everyone could think and behave one or two levels above an animal's standard, but sadly the vast majority of humans are still animals. You can dress a monkey like a human but you can never make it behave like one imho.

That really makes no sense.

Jacob1983
01-29-2014, 02:57 AM
You can make the argument that humans are bad for the planet. The only thing that will change humanity's destruction of Earth is probably the electricity going off for good or Water World.

SnakeBoy
01-29-2014, 03:15 AM
You can make the argument that humans are bad for the planet.

You can make that argument but you can't make the argument that humans are bad for the planet because they are no different than animals.

SupremeGuy
01-29-2014, 03:30 AM
Don't know if I've replied in this thread but I believe the Earth goes through natural warm/cold cycles. The fact that environmentalists have tried to alter/change data and flat out lie is pretty fucking crappy, tbh.

lol @ al gore/celebrities being heroes of environmentalism when they owns giant mansions, yachts, and private jets

Wild Cobra
01-29-2014, 11:38 AM
lol @ al gore/celebrities being heroes of environmentalism when they owns giant mansions, yachts, and private jets
The elitists are just afraid we will use up the things they want.

spurraider21
01-29-2014, 03:49 PM
Lol at the "humans are the worst thing to happen to the planet" fuckery. That's a whole new level of liberal white guilt

Wild Cobra
01-29-2014, 04:50 PM
Lol at the "humans are the worst thing to happen to the planet" fuckery. That's a whole new level of liberal white guilt
It's the level of a playing field libtards believe in.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 06:42 PM

But for those who doubt, they are in for a rude awakening.

The Gemini Method
01-29-2014, 06:48 PM

Lies! It didn't rain here--the last rain I can remember and I'm not talking about the piss fog leaves...was in November!

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-29-2014, 08:54 PM

It also got dark a few nights ago. I guess that means the Sun doesn't exist!

spurraider21
01-29-2014, 09:03 PM
It also got dark a few nights ago. I guess that means the Sun doesn't exist!
Ok numnuts this was a response to somebody saying it hasn't rained in SoCal for months

ive seen that Jon Stewart clip too

baseline bum
01-29-2014, 09:10 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/cold.png

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Ok numnuts this was a response to somebody saying it hasn't rained in SoCal for months

ive seen that Jon Stewart clip too

What John Stewart clip? I don't watch John Stewart except for the rare time when I'm flipping around, Bill Maher is a lot more funny tbh.

spurraider21
01-29-2014, 10:59 PM
What John Stewart clip? I don't watch John Stewart except for the rare time when I'm flipping around, Bill Maher is a lot more funny tbh.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-february-10-2010/unusually-large-snowstorm

the whole thing is pretty funny imo, but the relevant segment about global warming starts around 3:35 or so

spurraider21
01-29-2014, 11:00 PM
and just so its clear, i wasn't implying that one night of rain = global warming is bullshit :lol. i was responding to gemini's claim that socal hasn't seen any rain for a few months