PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Cooper in Niger....

ObiwanGinobili
08-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Just say his report from Niger on CNN.
Why arn't peopel helping out over there dang it? Why is help coming soo late?

god, it makes me sick at mankind.
I had 2nd's last night and dessert...... it's not practical at all but I jsut have this need to fed-ex my dinner.

:depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed

T Park
08-02-2005, 11:11 AM
It sounds cold, but I would rather help someone here and fix things here, before helping someone there.

Cold but, oh well.

ObiwanGinobili
08-02-2005, 11:14 AM
well I could see that view.
But i'm in the camp that country is an accident of birth. i also am politically nuetral nad don;t put much stock in mankind's ability to govern itself.
When I see those people suffering in NIger.. I see my neighbors.. they could live down the street for all I know.. i don't want them to have such hopelessness and I want to do anything I can to help.

Jelly
08-02-2005, 01:12 PM
well I could see that view.
But i'm in the camp that country is an accident of birth. i also am politically nuetral nad don;t put much stock in mankind's ability to govern itself.
When I see those people suffering in NIger.. I see my neighbors.. they could live down the street for all I know.. i don't want them to have such hopelessness and I want to do anything I can to help.

Millions (probably billions) of dollars in international aid and humanitarian relief flood into Africa every year. It's not that people aren't helping, the biggest problem throughout Africa is corrupt governments that squander and/or divert the international aid they receive.

Jelly
08-02-2005, 01:16 PM
That said, if you want to help, the International Red Cross and Catholic Charities are supposed to have the best records at getting donations to the intended recipients.

T Park
08-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Millions (probably billions) of dollars in international aid and humanitarian relief flood into Africa every year. It's not that people aren't helping, the biggest problem throughout Africa is corrupt governments that squander and/or divert the international aid they receive.

thats right.

We keep giving millions and billions to the UN to these countries, and they are giving it to the thugs and the corrupt and dont give it to the people.

ObiwanGinobili
08-02-2005, 03:10 PM
That said, if you want to help, the International Red Cross and Catholic Charities are supposed to have the best records at getting donations to the intended recipients.

i usually use:
Doctor's Without Borders
UNICEF
Red Cross