PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Jon Barry said today ....

lefty
01-25-2014, 12:22 AM
"... I don't care how good your stats are or how well you are playing. but if you are on a losing team you shoudn't be an all-star "

So basically, if you are having a great season but your teammates are super shitty, it's your fault
Even so, WTF does the ASG have anything to do with a winning record ?

Venti Quattro
01-25-2014, 12:25 AM
"... I don't care how good your stats are or how well you are playing. but if you are on a losing team you shoudn't be an all-star "

Ayres should start for the West.

lefty
01-25-2014, 12:30 AM
Ayres should start for the West.
" Ayres is a decent player "

- Upstair

Thread
01-25-2014, 12:31 AM
Only pussies & assholes do All Star Games.

lefty
01-25-2014, 12:34 AM
Yup

even pussies and assholes who are not playing

Thread
01-25-2014, 12:37 AM
Yup

even pussies and assholes who are not playing

This, (ASG) THIS you'll gather round, ruminate & obsess over. I'll never understand it if I live to be a 100.

lefty
01-25-2014, 12:38 AM
This, (ASG) THIS you'll gather round, ruminate & obsess over. I'll never understand it if I live to be a 100.
I hope you live to be 100 tbh

Thread
01-25-2014, 12:47 AM
I hope you live to be 100 tbh

Amen.

CitizenDwayne
01-25-2014, 12:51 AM
" Ayres is a decent player "

- Upstair

They hated him.

Then he had 2 dunks. Now he has "serious upside"

lefty
01-25-2014, 12:53 AM
They hated him.

:lol

Venti Quattro
01-25-2014, 12:53 AM
They hated him.

:lol he's like the Lakers' Josh Powell

DMC
01-25-2014, 01:14 AM

So basically, if you are having a great season but your teammates are super shitty, it's your fault
Even so, WTF does the ASG have anything to do with a winning record ?

It has nothing to do with winning at all. That's Barry's point: it should be about winning, and playing top tier ball on a team that's got a winning record is different than putting up numbers on a team that doesn't play the game right. A lot of people can score points in a gimmicky, losing system. It's hard to be a top producer when the rest of the team is also productive, and when you're playing a winning brand of basketball. Those who can deserve the accolades, but shitheads like Kevin Love don't deserve it. If you decide to spend your career cashing paychecks and watching the playoffs from your easy chair, you're resigned to being a nobody.

DMC
01-25-2014, 01:15 AM

Hypocrit: "silver award" and such

jdiggy0424
01-25-2014, 01:23 AM
It has nothing to do with winning at all. That's Barry's point: it should be about winning, and playing top tier ball on a team that's got a winning record is different than putting up numbers on a team that doesn't play the game right. A lot of people can score points in a gimmicky, losing system. It's hard to be a top producer when the rest of the team is also productive, and when you're playing a winning brand of basketball. Those who can deserve the accolades, but shitheads like Kevin Love don't deserve it. If you decide to spend your career cashing paychecks and watching the playoffs from your easy chair, you're resigned to being a nobody.

While I agree on your post, I think exceptions need to be made for the Kyrie Irvings, the John Walls, etc. of the league. No matter how good the system, unless you have talent in all 5 spots, plus a decent bench and a semi-capable coach, its hard to produce a consistently winning brand of basketball.

In all honesty the only player with a losing record that I'm really frustrated about starting the ASG is K-Love, not just because of the empty stats, but a player like Lamarcus Aldridge can't seem to catch a break despite the TrailBlazers great season so far.

Sybok
01-25-2014, 01:34 AM
While I agree on your post, I think exceptions need to be made for the Kyrie Irvings, the John Walls, etc. of the league. No matter how good the system, unless you have talent in all 5 spots, plus a decent bench and a semi-capable coach, its hard to produce a consistently winning brand of basketball.

In all honesty the only player with a losing record that I'm really frustrated about starting the ASG is K-Love, not just because of the empty stats, but a player like Lamarcus Aldridge can't seem to catch a break despite the TrailBlazers great season so far.

I don't think they should be automatically excluded, however if players and coaches were voting, they'd consider more than just how many points a guy scores in an offensively deficient system. They'd also consider defense, but no one seems to care about defense these days until the playoffs arrive.

JohnnyMax
01-25-2014, 01:36 AM
So Kobe shouldn't have been an All Star last year and pre-Gasol years?

scanry
01-25-2014, 02:14 AM
:lol he's like the Lakers' Josh Powell

He was alright with them Clippers though. CN can chip in tbh.

Clipper Nation
01-25-2014, 02:20 AM
He was alright with them Clippers though. CN can chip in tbh.
Only thing I remember about Powell with the Clipps is that he was okay at rebounding off the bench and only played because Paul Davis got hurt.... goddamn, that was a scrubass team :lol

scanry
01-25-2014, 02:49 AM
Only thing I remember about Powell with the Clipps is that he was okay at rebounding off the bench and only played because Paul Davis got hurt.... goddamn, that was a scrubass team :lol

That's an understatement. I still remember the Clipper circus at that time. Baron Davis's super team aspirations with Elton Brand was short lived.

If they had pulled that off, them Clippers would still be the laughing stock of the NBA and more importantly Los Angeles.

KaiRMD1
01-25-2014, 05:33 AM
All star game is a popularity contest, move along ol' sports, nothing to see here

Rogue
01-25-2014, 05:54 AM
if we let baldhead get his way, this year's Eastern team would only feature players from 6 teams imho

Rogue
01-25-2014, 06:04 AM
and I agree with most of you guys, All-star game is meant to feature players who're fans favorites rather than those whose team win the most games (otherwise you could simply select players from Heat and Pacers, and make a Miami-Inddy United team to represent the east). Many fans would be frustrated (myself included) if we don't get to see the likes of Irving and Dirk playing the all-star game. Just because some teams are playing poor it doesn't mean they don't have any great players imho, but it's indeed a joke that Kevin Hate got elected a starter for the ASG. This guy doesn't really have nothing worth speaking of beyond his empty stats imho.

JohnnyMax
01-25-2014, 06:59 AM
Garnett and Pierce are popular but fans didnt vote them in because they're play has declined

UZER
01-25-2014, 08:19 AM
Garnett and Pierce are popular but fans didnt vote them in because they're play has declined

Yup...thats exactly why Kobe wasnt voted in either.

Venti Quattro
01-25-2014, 08:23 AM
Yup...thats exactly why Kobe wasnt voted in either.

:lmao

Koolaid_Man
01-25-2014, 08:26 AM
and I agree with most of you guys, All-star game is meant to feature players who're fans favorites rather than those whose team win the most games (otherwise you could simply select players from Heat and Pacers, and make a Miami-Inddy United team to represent the east). Many fans would be frustrated (myself included) if we don't get to see the likes of Irving and Dirk playing the all-star game. Just because some teams are playing poor it doesn't mean they don't have any great players imho, but it's indeed a joke that Kevin Hate got elected a starter for the ASG. This guy doesn't really have nothing worth speaking of beyond his empty stats imho.

:lol so what does that make the MVP award...Media's favorite award? :lol

that's why titles are the only meaningful award...hence

Kobe 5
Tosb 4

Koolaid_Man
01-25-2014, 08:31 AM

:lmao bullshit of the year post...only couch potato's have this mindset...or guys that played in the league who didn't amount to shit...:lol

Spurs won all those games last yr and gave the world 6...if someone had a scored a few more points Tammy might have 5...instead he was forced to go home with 6, a pending divorce and having being outed as a cuck and a homo :lmao

Dex
01-25-2014, 10:16 AM
Why the fuck does anybody care about what Jon "Wish I Was Brent" Barry has to say?

Thread
01-25-2014, 11:14 AM
^Well, he's white & his father was white and his brother is white. & for Media there is a solid % in that whiteness.

DMC
01-25-2014, 02:31 PM
^Well, he's white & his father was white and his brother is white. & for Media there is a solid % in that whiteness.

"Hello Darlin'" -Twitty

KaiRMD1
01-25-2014, 06:08 PM

Kobe 5
Tosb 4

Agreed, Kobe is nothing more than a tag along like Steve Kerr, ol' sport

Jacob1983
01-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Jon Barry is still butthurt about being ringless. I hate the "players on losing teams" shouldn't be in the all star game argument. Let the fans have a say and if your stats are good, you should get to be in the all star game. Baseball does the best job with making sure there is 1 player of every team is in the all star game. Yeah, it would be hard to do that in the NBA because the rosters have fewer spots. If you have good stats, you should be allowed to have a shot.

Rogue
01-25-2014, 08:41 PM

Kobe 5
Tosb 4
After all those who're working in the media (journalists, ghostwriters etc...), as undereducated as they may be, each have a bachelor's degree at least, which means their opinions concerning the game & everything else are much more credible than yours imho.