PDA

View Full Version : Brit Hume refers to Chris Christie as "muscular"

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-25-2014, 07:52 PM
http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/13/no-comment-necessary-brit-hume-explains-christie/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

:lmao:lmao what kind of retarded alternative universe does Fox News and its viewers live in where Chris Christie is considered "muscular" :lmao

boutons_deux
01-25-2014, 08:04 PM
I grin every time I see somebody referred to as "beefy" instead of "lardy"

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-25-2014, 08:07 PM
I grin every time I see somebody referred to as "beefy" instead of "lardy"

yeah but "beefy" is a widely known term used for fatasses. "Muscular" has a distinct meaning, and it's pretty much the antithesis of Chris Christie :lol

Trainwreck2100
01-25-2014, 08:24 PM
it's too bad fox is the only people calling out our bullshit femanized society. Sometimes the sunshines on a dog's ass

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-25-2014, 09:34 PM
it's too bad fox is the only people calling out our bullshit femanized society. Sometimes the sunshines on a dog's ass

Fox is plenty femanized itself if it thinks Chris Christie is muscular :lol

Clipper Nation
01-26-2014, 12:21 AM
What's next, FOX promoting Brit Hume as "exciting" and a "great personality"? :lol

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 10:32 AM
I just love (not really) how people misconstrue anything they can so they can talk down about someone they dislike.

The thread title is a lie.

The poster is an absolute idiot.

I suggest you all read it again, and understand the context of the linked material.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 11:09 AM
He called him muscular.

No lie.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 11:39 AM
He called him muscular.

No lie.
Please show me the quote in context and explain it. He was referring to perceptions of male masculinity vs. male feminism. Is this what you are referring to:

This guy is very much an old fashioned masculine, muscular guy

He said "like". He didn't say "is".

Again, is that the quote?

Remember, he is speaking of traditional male actions vs. the modern metrosexuals like you. Actions, not appearances.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 11:40 AM
You libtards read too much misconceptions into words, to suit you hateful agendas.

monosylab1k
01-26-2014, 12:30 PM
Please show me the quote in context and explain it. He was referring to perceptions of male masculinity vs. male feminism. Is this what you are referring to:

He said "like". He didn't say "is".

Again, is that the quote?

Remember, he is speaking of traditional male actions vs. the modern metrosexuals like you. Actions, not appearances.

Did you really just quote the guy saying "is" and then deny that he said "is"?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-26-2014, 12:37 PM

:lmao

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 12:41 PM

Looks like I did.

I could swear the work "like" was in there. Thing is, in full context, it is obvious that is what is meant.

See the video by chance?

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/01/12/foxs-hume-christie-seen-as-a-bully-because-hes/197548

boutons_deux
01-26-2014, 12:46 PM
Looks like I did.

I could swear the work "like" was in there. Thing is, in full context, it is obvious that is what is meant.

See the video by chance?

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/01/12/foxs-hume-christie-seen-as-a-bully-because-hes/197548

your rabbinical parsing sucks like all your ideology sucks.

I'll grant that "muscular" could have been, not a euphemism for Fat Bastard's bloated, gluttonous obesity, but a euphemism of "Fat Bastard is a bully".

Real Men, like old, white Fox viewers hiding their dicklessness, think it's manly to bully and slap people around, if they don't get around to shooting them dead with their dick surrogates.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 12:53 PM
your rabbinical parsing sucks like all your ideology sucks.

I'll grant that "muscular" could have been, not a euphemism for Fat Bastard's bloated, gluttonous obesity, but a euphemism of "Fat Bastard is a bully".

Real Men, like old, white Fox viewers hiding their dicklessness, think it's manly to bully and slap people around, if they don't get around to shooting them dead with their dick surrogates.
So...

Did you watch the video, or are you regurgitating other peoples writings?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-26-2014, 12:59 PM
I've always thought muscular meant having exceptional muscle tone/muscle mass. I guess in the Fox News alternative universe it means something else.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 01:05 PM
I've always thought muscular meant having exceptional muscle tone/muscle mass. I guess in the Fox News alternative universe it means something else.
He was referring to old-speak of how they talked in "Jersey." Consider it slang for the region.

Did you watch the video, or just go by a hit piece article?

boutons_deux
01-26-2014, 01:30 PM
He was referring to old-speak of how they talked in "Jersey." Consider it slang for the region.

everybody shut, rabbi WC has pontificated.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 01:58 PM
everybody shut, rabbi WC has pontificated.
LOL...

I love (not) how you choose to misread my point. Shouldn't the thread be about how Christie muscles his way through politics, rather than making laughing about how he makes Porky Pig look lean?

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 02:16 PM
Please show me the quote in context and explain it.Don't need to. The only claim was Hume called him muscular, which he did.

The claim is true.

You lied.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 02:43 PM
Bla blaa, bla blaaa blaa.

Bla bla blaaa.

Blaa bla
Technically true, but not in intent.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 03:00 PM
Technically true, but not in intent.He certainly intended to call him muscular -- that's why he called him muscular.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 03:12 PM
He certainly intended to call him muscular -- that's why he called him muscular.
Don't you have anything better to do than argue silly notions, after explained in whole?

Bye Chump. You are dumped.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Don't you have anything better to do than argue silly notions, after explained in whole?

Bye Chump. You are dumped.Brit Hume refers to Chris Christie as "muscular"

True.

Wild Cobra said it was false.

Wild Cobra lied.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-26-2014, 04:26 PM

Huh? How they talk in Jersey? I'm pretty sure the word "muscular" isn't slang for morbidly obese in New Jersey (or anywhere else for that matter).

Trainwreck2100
01-26-2014, 04:29 PM
how do we know chritie isn't muscular under all that fat?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-26-2014, 04:35 PM
I'm amazed he got lap band surgery but is still morbidly obese. It's as if he's got a feeding tube pumping alfredo sauce into his gut while he's sleeping.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 05:08 PM
Huh? How they talk in Jersey? I'm pretty sure the word "muscular" isn't slang for morbidly obese in New Jersey (or anywhere else for that matter).
LOL...

I agree. Again, I meant the way he "muscles" people around. I misread the exact words, but I do understand Hume's intent. Why is it so hard to understand?

Where is ElNono at times like this. Doesn't he live in 'Jersey?

ElNono
01-26-2014, 06:03 PM
Anybody call? I was getting some cuoffee...

ElNono
01-26-2014, 06:07 PM
tbh, I don't think it's a jersey thing (does Hume has any relation to Jersey anyways?). I do think he was just trying to basically say Christie is this 'macho' type of guy that's not PC... not sure using "muscular" for that drives the point home though

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 06:26 PM
how do we know chritie isn't muscular under all that fat?
He has to have more than most, in order to propel that mass...

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 06:27 PM
Anybody call? I was getting some cuoffee...

LOL...

I work with a guy from the east coast. When I read that...

LOL...

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-26-2014, 06:28 PM
He has to have more than most, in order to propel that mass...

No, he uses taxpayer money and rents helicopters to propel that mass.

monosylab1k
01-26-2014, 06:35 PM
I'm amazed he got lap band surgery but is still morbidly obese. It's as if he's got a feeding tube pumping alfredo sauce into his gut while he's sleeping.

lol wait, Chris Christie had doctors cut him open to physically prevent him from being a fatass, and he's still fat?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-26-2014, 06:38 PM
lol wait, Chris Christie had doctors cut him open to physically prevent him from being a fatass, and he's still fat?

:lol yes, Christie got lapband surgery awhile back. Supposedly he lost 40 pounds (which is about as noticeable as Africa losing 40 mosquitoes) but then we stopped hearing about it.

Clipper Nation
01-26-2014, 07:13 PM
:cry He's not fat, he's muscular! :cry

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-26-2014, 07:14 PM
He had so much muscle the doctors needed to remove some of it!

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2014, 10:07 PM
yeah but "beefy" is a widely known term used for fatasses. "Muscular" has a distinct meaning, and it's pretty much the antithesis of Chris Christie :lol

dude had lap band surgery and is still porking it.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013-11/enhanced/webdr05/8/20/enhanced-buzz-17405-1383959903-3.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-26-2014, 10:22 PM
dude had lap band surgery and is still porking it.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013-11/enhanced/webdr05/8/20/enhanced-buzz-17405-1383959903-3.jpg
Wow I totally forgot how fucking fat he was before the surgery.

it looks like someone took an already fat person and stuffed them in a trash compactor

ElNono
01-26-2014, 10:29 PM
LOL...

I work with a guy from the east coast. When I read that...

LOL...

I know, when we go to Texas, everybody has a good laugh... us on their accent, and them on ours...

ElNono
01-26-2014, 10:32 PM
Wow I totally forgot how fucking fat he was before the surgery.

it looks like someone took an already fat person and stuffed them in a trash compactor

He actually did lose a noticeable amount of weight. It's a lap band though, not a miracle worker.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2014, 10:42 PM
He actually did lose a noticeable amount of weight. It's a lap band though, not a miracle worker.

If I didn't know better, I'd say Nono has a bit of a crush on Christie.

ElNono
01-26-2014, 10:59 PM
If I didn't know better, I'd say Nono has a bit of a crush on Christie.

It wasn't meant to sound like I was defending him, tbh. We just see him around these places often and you can tell...

I dislike the guy a lot, but he's changed since Sandy... I still don't agree with 85% of what he says, but that's actually an improvement...

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 11:08 PM
It wasn't meant to sound like I was defending him, tbh. We just see him around these places often and you can tell...

I dislike the guy a lot, but he's changed since Sandy... I still don't agree with 85% of what he says, but that's actually an improvement...
LOL...

You agree with him 15% of the time? So... when you agree with his opposition 14% of the time, will you be a Christie voter?

Don't you hate the "lesser of two evils" voting in this country? I most certainly do.

ElNono
01-26-2014, 11:20 PM
LOL...

You agree with him 15% of the time? So... when you agree with his opposition 14% of the time, will you be a Christie voter?

Don't you hate the "lesser of two evils" voting in this country? I most certainly do.

I love the fact that voting isn't obligatory, like in my former country... I'm not really into the "lesser of two evils" stuff... if I vote, it has to be with conviction.

I understand that not voting might eventually help the winning candidate, but somebody has to win anyways, and if I don't like any of the options, then it doesn't really matter to me anyways.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 11:24 PM
I love the fact that voting isn't obligatory, like in my former country... I'm not really into the "lesser of two evils" stuff... if I vote, it has to be with conviction.

I understand that not voting might eventually help the winning candidate, but somebody has to win anyways, and if I don't like any of the options, then it doesn't really matter to me anyways.
I will ask that you do one thing like I do.

Never leave a vote selection blank. If you don't vote for a candidate, at least check the write-in option and put in "none of the above." This way, a crooked election worker cannot have their way with your ballot.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-26-2014, 11:27 PM
When I hate both candidates I generally fill in the write in section, but I don't put none of the above. In the 2010 midterms, I wrote in Trig Palin for several races, and in 2012 I wrote in Gabriel Santorum for a lot of races.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2014, 11:29 PM
When I hate both candidates I generally fill in the write in section, but I don't put none of the above. In the 2010 midterms, I wrote in Trig Palin for several races, and in 2012 I wrote in Gabriel Santorum for a lot of races.
Yep, I sometimes write in Goofy, mickey Mouse, etc. This last presidential election, I was going to vote for Romney as the lesser of two evils, but after the GOP changed their convention rules, I wrote in Ron Paul.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-26-2014, 11:32 PM
I voted for Jill Stein, the only candidate serious about slashing wasteful military spending.

ElNono
01-26-2014, 11:51 PM
I will ask that you do one thing like I do.

Never leave a vote selection blank. If you don't vote for a candidate, at least check the write-in option and put in "none of the above." This way, a crooked election worker cannot have their way with your ballot.

I haven't voted yet. I've been only allowed since becoming a citizen (2-3 years ago?), and while local races are probably more important, I still don't have a good grasp of the politics in this particular area to cast an educated vote.

boutons_deux
01-27-2014, 12:15 AM

I don't know about lap band diet restriction, but for gastric bypass, the dietary restrictions are severe and long lasting, which makes gastric bypass really stoopid, because with severe and long-lasting dietary restrictions, the suckered surgery patient would lose weigh w/o gastric bypass.

Obviously, Fat Bastard's lap band was/is a failure because he's still a Fat Bastard.

ElNono
01-27-2014, 12:45 AM
I don't know about lap band diet restriction, but for gastric bypass, the dietary restrictions are severe and long lasting, which makes gastric bypass really stoopid, because with severe and long-lasting dietary restrictions, the suckered surgery patient would lose weigh w/o gastric bypass.

Silly. Not everyone is the same, but gastric bypass does address more issues than just diet. People will enlarged stomachs do get hungry more often. There's also medical aspects like making it easier on the heart to start a workout program once a lot of weight has been lost, benefits for diabetics, and an entire psychological aspect associated with having another chance to a healthy life.

I know a close person that had the surgery and there's really no long-lasting, severe dietary restrictions. Only the first couple of years. It's actually not uncommon for people that didn't learn their lesson and go back to snacking like crazy to re-gain a lot of the weight.

The biggest issue for people that had gastric bypass is the problems associated with excess skin, which normally require another (cosmetic though) surgery.

Clipper Nation
01-27-2014, 08:34 AM
This last presidential election, I was going to vote for Romney as the lesser of two evils, but after the GOP changed their convention rules, I wrote in Ron Paul.
Welfare Cobra with the rare goods :wow

CavsSuperFan
01-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Chris Christie is getting a lot of support from New Jersey's Hispanic community...Some Hispanics like his moderate conservatism while others believe if you hit him he'll break open and spill out candy...

TeyshaBlue
01-27-2014, 11:32 AM
Im Biligual...I speak English and Texan.