01-25-2014, 10:56 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3tyx62.jpg

Oh shit your new sig had me bubbling my head left and right. :lol

Indazone
01-25-2014, 11:15 PM
Holy shit we suck

Killakobe81
01-25-2014, 11:26 PM
Djohn just told me yall had two legit franchise players ...and yall cant beat Memphis without Prince and Tony Allen?
LOL Calathes, Koufus and Ed Davis doing work ...

apalisoc_9
01-25-2014, 11:35 PM
Parsons :lmao

Howard :lmao

Thread
01-25-2014, 11:39 PM
dj's light is off, the chickenshit.

Clipper Nation
01-25-2014, 11:41 PM
You're one to talk, Mr. "Hide in the NFL Forum After Nate Robinson Shat on My Team" :lol

thunderup
01-25-2014, 11:42 PM
:lol yep

testies
01-25-2014, 11:43 PM
they suck but i hope we don't have to play them in playoffs.. shitty teams who only shoot 3s usually hit those 3s against us by some flukey magic.. id rather play memphis and clippers

oh crap
01-25-2014, 11:43 PM
:lmao

HI-FI
01-25-2014, 11:45 PM
:lol
funny and ironic as well.

TheCultOfPersonality
01-25-2014, 11:54 PM
If it weren't for 2 4th quarter chokejobs by the Grizzlies this could of been a 4 game series sweep for the Grizzlies.

Bynumite
01-25-2014, 11:57 PM
Back to back losses against the grizzlies :lmao

Rocketfan suffering from flop city nation syndrome :cry "Let's blame the coach for every loss while ignoring how shitty and flawed our team is" :cry

RsxPiimp
01-26-2014, 12:56 AM
An overrated chucker and a foul machine, offensive liability mental midget

Morey :lol

AchillesHeel
01-26-2014, 12:57 AM

Chickenshit calling another poster chickenshit, classic.

Suspect
01-26-2014, 01:37 AM
Funny, Rogue always paying more attention to the rockets but was quiet as hell when Dallas lost to the NETS yesterday letting Mirza T drop 34 on them

AchillesHeel
01-26-2014, 01:38 AM
lol contenders

Killakobe81
01-26-2014, 02:12 AM
JVG annual prediction:

Breen: Jeff, you like the Rockets and think they are a legit title contender?

JVG: I do, Mike. James Harden really took a step forward as a elite SG. And now when you have Dwight the best center in the game, who took unfair crticism with the Lakers last year ...there is no doubt in my mind the Rockets can contend!

Breen: JA what do you hear from the players on their championship aspirations?

LOL JVG overestimating dem Rockets every year ... thing was I like the rockets, I just want to see Dwight fail dat fucking con artist.

sook
01-26-2014, 02:23 AM
I laughed. :lol

Thread
01-26-2014, 06:11 AM
JVG annual prediction:

Breen: Jeff, you like the Rockets and think they are a legit title contender?

JVG: I do, Mike. James Harden really took a step forward as a elite SG. And now when you have Dwight the best center in the game, who took unfair crticism with the Lakers last year ...there is no doubt in my mind the Rockets can contend!

Breen: JA what do you hear from the players on their championship aspirations?

It's not their fault, Killa, they're sent the tran//script from NYC.

scanry
01-26-2014, 06:56 AM

Not really. JVG was a former Rockets coach and I don't think he has a choice.

He obviously wants them to fail.

Rogue
01-26-2014, 07:31 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228212&p=7093008#post7093008

I did make a couple of posts relating to yesterday's game in the Nets thread though. Just didn't feel like starting a mavs thread when everybody thought the mavs were irrelevant, tbh.

Suspect
01-26-2014, 09:26 AM
I guess the rockets are relevant to yall then

GuerillaBlack
01-26-2014, 12:09 PM
Kevin McHale holding back the Rockets. Last year was more fun to watch.

scanry
01-26-2014, 12:37 PM
Way too many flaws for the Rockets to be contenders.

Katherine Robinson
01-26-2014, 02:57 PM
This team is somewhat like the Clippers. Talent and the pieces to become contenders, but chronic flaws which will only get worse in the playoffs. Unlike the Pacers, Spurs or the Heat who might struggle at points during the season, they are built to shine in the playoffs.

Indazone
01-27-2014, 12:19 PM
Rockets have a bunch of really good players that don't mesh with each other. McHale is not the coach to get them to play like a well oiled machine. Adleman could have done it but not McHale. Given these pieces, I think that Parson's could flourish on any NBA team with that shooting touch and driving ability of his. Harden, lets just say I'd rather see him as the sixth man on the Thunder where he was a critical piece of a Championship contender. Dude cannot play defense if his life depended on it and he chokes under pressure. Terrance Jones is emerging as a really good Power Forward but with the thinking of management, he'll be treated like another trade chip. Jeremy Lin? With the right coach and system, he would flourish again. Right now he's hamstrung as the guy who stands in the corner while Harden drives and iso's. If Harden gets in trouble, he might kick it out to J. Lin who has maybe 3 seconds to get a last sec shot. Certainly not a high percentage shot. Patrick Beverly on any other team would be an energy and defensive guy off the bench. Aaron Brooks could start on some NBA teams. Would have been a really good backup for Parker but he just sits on the bench. Cassipi and Garcia, serviceable players on any squad with outside shooting. Dwight Howard is an All-Star. Say what you want about him but this guy is dominant. However in this system, he's not asked to post up and dominate, he's asked to adjust on the fly. He can do that but he'd be better off with some set plays being run for him down there. The athletic ability of Howard allows him to play either way but I know this guy would rather post up.

Les Alexander and Morey want this team to run. I can't tell whether McHale is a Puppet or is just making bone headed adjustments or coaching moves. My guess it's a bit of both. They want the Rockets to play like a video game. Dunks or three pointers. Real life isn't like that. It's getting your shots off efficiently. Put the ball in the hole and score more points than the other guys. Teach team defense.

Indazone
01-27-2014, 12:20 PM
Way too many flaws for the Rockets to be contenders. Agreed!

AchillesHeel
01-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Rockets to me look like last year's Lakers, but younger and a little healthier.

djohn2oo8
01-27-2014, 12:30 PM
Rockets to me look like last year's Lakers, but younger and a little healthier.
No 100 million dollar payroll.

Thread
01-27-2014, 01:18 PM
^Just count your fucking blessings MJ's father got off'ed.

Double-Up
01-27-2014, 01:27 PM

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/Parrot-thumb-660x438.jpg

Double-Up
01-27-2014, 01:29 PM
:lol Lockets
:lol 6-26 3pt shooting
:lol Asik left out rotting
:lol idolizing yellow dick named Rin
:lol anus of the country

You're a chink, but you hate chinks...now that's some funny shit. :lol

whitemamba
01-27-2014, 01:46 PM
Hardens defense is shameful.

djohn2oo8
01-27-2014, 01:47 PM
Hardens defense is shameful.

Just emulating Kobe.

whitemamba
01-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Just emulating Kobe.

:lol comparing a 35 year old kobe to harden. why doesnt that terrorist emulate kobe and win u faggot.

djohn2oo8
01-27-2014, 01:51 PM
:lol comparing a 35 year old kobe to harden. why doesnt that terrorist emulate kobe and win u faggot.
Kobe has actually never really played defense, but received All NBA Defense honors, now that is shameful.

whitemamba
01-27-2014, 01:51 PM
Kobe has actually never really played defense, but received All NBA Defense honors, now that is shameful.

your an idiot.

djohn2oo8
01-27-2014, 01:55 PM

your an idiot.
You mad at facts?

Clipper Nation
01-27-2014, 01:57 PM
Last I checked, there's no prime Shaq or MVPau/Bynum for him to coattail-ride :lol

whitemamba
01-27-2014, 01:58 PM

so i guess the rest of the basketball is wrong and your right? You need to stop, thunderup's posts look better than yours u salty fuck.

whitemamba
01-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Last I checked, there's no prime Shaq or MVPau/Bynum for him to coattail-ride :lol

CP0

djohn2oo8
01-27-2014, 02:02 PM
so i guess the rest of the basketball is wrong and your right? You need to stop, thunderup's posts look better than yours u salty fuck.

http://asubstituteforwar.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/def20apm0311.jpg?w=700&h=357

Is the trend clear? There have been 3 players who’ve dominated the All-Defensive team for the past decade: Bryant, Garnett, and Tim Duncan (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duncati01.html). Over any extended period, Garnett dominates the list, Duncan is near the top of the list, and Bryant is pretty much at the bottom.

Being at the bottom is visually striking, but it’s actually not that damning in and of itself. If my knock on Kobe was that he was only the 20th best defender in the league on average, this would not be that horrendous of a knock. After all, big men dominate these kind of lists, maybe he’s still won of the top 5 or so perimeter defenders in the game, no?

No. The more damning thing is that every metric I’ve broken down here has Kobe’s defensive impact as utterly average. -0.8, -0.6, 0.1, 0.1, these are not numbers of someone who is consistently a game changer on defense. The other guys given even half the love Kobe’s gotten over the year, pretty consistently do turn up on these metric doing quite well.
I’ll point out also: it’s not that +/- c

djohn2oo8
01-27-2014, 02:02 PM
http://asubstituteforwar.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/kobe-bryant-the-most-overrated-defender-imaginable/

Double-Up
01-27-2014, 02:03 PM

Give him prime Shaq and I'm sure he would. :lol

DPG21920
01-27-2014, 02:09 PM

It's cowardly you won't call out Kool for doing the same thing. He preached the media agenda that Swaggy P would make them contenders. Said they would never lose/tank and that this year was LA's redemption after last year (even knowing Kobe's injury).

whitemamba
01-27-2014, 02:11 PM
http://asubstituteforwar.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/def20apm0311.jpg?w=700&h=357

Is the trend clear? There have been 3 players who’ve dominated the All-Defensive team for the past decade: Bryant, Garnett, and Tim Duncan (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duncati01.html). Over any extended period, Garnett dominates the list, Duncan is near the top of the list, and Bryant is pretty much at the bottom.

Being at the bottom is visually striking, but it’s actually not that damning in and of itself. If my knock on Kobe was that he was only the 20th best defender in the league on average, this would not be that horrendous of a knock. After all, big men dominate these kind of lists, maybe he’s still won of the top 5 or so perimeter defenders in the game, no?

No. The more damning thing is that every metric I’ve broken down here has Kobe’s defensive impact as utterly average. -0.8, -0.6, 0.1, 0.1, these are not numbers of someone who is consistently a game changer on defense. The other guys given even half the love Kobe’s gotten over the year, pretty consistently do turn up on these metric doing quite well.
I’ll point out also: it’s not that +/- c

Your comparisons are hilarious. Garnett is not a SG, his job protecting the basket is much more important than a player like Kobe. Kobes focus is to score, thats obvious. The fact that you are trying to spin not being a good defender just shows how salty you are about harden tbh. Kobe up untill 2010 was a prime defender in this league. There is no comparison at all between harden and Kobe. Harden is a loser, who is rattled by pressure.

Give him prime Shaq and I'm sure he would. :lol

O, are the rockets not stacked ? STFU and quit deflecting, man the fuck up.

djohn2oo8
01-27-2014, 02:12 PM
Your comparisons are hilarious. Garnett is not a SG, his job protecting the basket is much more important than a player like Kobe. Kobes focus is to score, thats obvious. The fact that you are trying to spin not being a good defender just shows how salty you are about harden tbh. Kobe up untill 2010 was a prime defender in this league. There is no comparison at all between harden and Kobe. Harden is a loser, who is rattled by pressure.

O, are the rockets not stacked ? STFU and quit deflecting, man the fuck up.
No, Kobe was never a prime defender, and his weak numbers on defense show that.

Thread
01-27-2014, 02:17 PM
It's cowardly you won't call out Kool for doing the same thing. He preached the media agenda that Swaggy P would make them contenders. Said they would never lose/tank and that this year was LA's redemption after last year (even knowing Kobe's injury).

When did "media" state that?

I got no problem taking Kool to the woodshed.

AchillesHeel
01-27-2014, 02:18 PM

That was actually a good post :lmao. Your posts have improved recently.

AchillesHeel
01-27-2014, 02:19 PM

your an idiot.

you're

whitemamba
01-27-2014, 02:21 PM
you're

You scholar you....

whitemamba
01-27-2014, 02:22 PM
No, Kobe was never a prime defender, and his weak numbers on defense show that.

Why was he voted so many times again?

djohn2oo8
01-27-2014, 02:25 PM
Media overrates Kobe like hell. Phil even stated as such.

whitemamba
01-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Media overrates Kobe like hell. Phil even stated as such.

Ok so they over rate him, what does that have to do with harden sucking on D? :lol

djohn2oo8
01-27-2014, 02:28 PM
Ok so they over rate him, what does that have to do with harden sucking on D? :lol
Harden was never rewarded with all nba defense honors for sucking on D like Kobe.

RD2191
01-27-2014, 02:30 PM
Kobe is the most overrated basketball player of all time, Kobe has never been a good defender or an efficient scorer.

AchillesHeel
01-27-2014, 02:33 PM

Reputation, playing for good defensive teams, getting 1-2 steals a game.

Numbers(from 05-06 season, his prime) show that the team's defense actually improved when Kobe was on the bench during his prime, and opponents had an average of 16.0 PER going up against him, so his defense isn't that great.

For instance, this season, Lebron's opponents have a PER of 11 against him on average.

RsxPiimp
01-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Reputation, playing for good defensive teams, getting 1-2 steals a game.

Numbers(from 05-06 season, his prime) show that the team's defense actually improved when Kobe was on the bench during his prime, and opponents had an average of 16.0 PER going up against him, so his defense isn't that great.

For instance, this season, Lebron's opponents have a PER of 11 against him on average.
If you're scoring 35 ppg along with 5 rpg and 4 dimes on a nightly basis, it would be extremely hard to put the same type of energy on the defensive end tbh.

djohn2oo8
01-27-2014, 02:39 PM
If you're scoring 35 ppg along with 5 rpg and 4 dimes on a nightly basis, it would be extremely hard to put the same type of energy on the defensive end tbh.
:lol excuses

DPG21920
01-27-2014, 02:45 PM
When did "media" state that?

I got no problem taking Kool to the woodshed.

The media stated that LA made good pick up's and that Kobe's comeback would be heroic. They preached that LA was different and they don't tank. They took Dwight to the woodshed for last year's short comings and made a hero of Kobe failing because of the last minute injury.

Uh, uh.

AchillesHeel
01-27-2014, 02:59 PM

MJ won a DPOY scoring 35 ppg :lol, KD is averaging 31 ppg and his opponents on average have a PER of 9 :lol, and their eFG% is much lower than prime Kobe's opponents

Kobe was a starting PG for most of the 2nd half of last season, and PGs had a PER of 30 going up against him :lol

Thread
01-27-2014, 03:46 PM
The media stated that LA made good pick up's and that Kobe's comeback would be heroic. They preached that LA was different and they don't tank. They took Dwight to the woodshed for last year's short comings and made a hero of Kobe failing because of the last minute injury.

Uh, uh.

& you're staying Kool echoed those opines?

I don't quite understand what you're saying and what you want me to do to align my prior statements. Quit talking in tongues, Deeps, and just say it.

Thread
01-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Kobe is the most overrated basketball player of all time, Kobe has never been a good defender or an efficient scorer.

You're still flat-eared about last June and back-to-back Junes 2 years prior to that. Let me clue you in, daddy-O:::it don't count if you win it and then have to give it back.

Clean your own fucking house before you start in on ours.

RD2191
01-27-2014, 03:55 PM
You're still flat-eared about last June and back-to-back Junes 2 years prior to that. Let me clue you in, daddy-O:::it don't count if you win it and then have to give it back.

Clean your own fucking house before you start in on ours.
You can't claim glory in something that isn't yours. Fuck yo team, clown. Swept, begging, rejection, achilles, hurts doesn't it?

Clipper Nation
01-27-2014, 04:02 PM
Media slurps all things Kirby and Laker related, tbh.... he was also handed an undeserving MVP as well :lol

Clipper Nation
01-27-2014, 04:03 PM

How about he stops wasting his energy chucking and redirects some of that energy towards making an impact on defense? Just because you're a volume chucker doesn't absolve you from not trying in half of the game..... the same goes for players like Enrique and Harden, tbh....

Leetonidas
01-27-2014, 04:20 PM
Back to back losses against the grizzlies :lmao

Rocketfan suffering from flop city nation syndrome :cry "Let's blame the coach for every loss while ignoring how shitty and flawed our team is" :cry

your sig :lmao :lmao :lmao

Thread
01-27-2014, 06:31 PM
You can't claim glory in something that isn't yours. Fuck yo team, clown. Swept, begging, rejection, achilles, hurts doesn't it?

5-4 Kobe over the tired old shit bag Duncan & 6 sustains me.

Thread
01-27-2014, 06:32 PM
Kirby and Laker related, tbh.... he was also handed an undeserving MVP as well :lol

Only pussies & assholes do MVP.

Rogue
01-27-2014, 08:18 PM
You're a chink, but you hate chinks...now that's some funny shit. :lol
is it anything new that chinks (and all other Asians for that matter) hate each other? ain't that also the reason why you hate me, bro?

Double-Up
01-27-2014, 09:06 PM
is it anything new that chinks (and all other Asians for that matter) hate each other? ain't that also the reason why you hate me, bro?

No, I'm actually black but believe what you want.

Suspect
01-27-2014, 09:32 PM
dont feed rogue

djohn2oo8
01-28-2014, 08:35 PM
:lol Killa
:lol Enough talent for a WCF run
:lol Harden isn't a max player

thunderup
01-28-2014, 08:39 PM
:lol Killa
:lol Enough talent for a WCF run