PDA

View Full Version : What We've Learned: Defensive "Big Three" Injured

benstanfield
01-26-2014, 03:24 PM
-We should root for the Pacers. The Spurs aren't beating this Heat team. Don't have the personnel to get consistent stops. The Pacers have a chance.

-Kawhi, Danny, and Tiago ARE our defense. Those who have hated on Stiffler and Green should delete their accounts and stop watching basketball. At this point Tim can't guard NBA players, Parker is one of the worst PG defenders in the league, and no one else plays anything but average D. Cojo's special ability "defense" didn't mean shit today...

-Cory Joseph is a waste of a roster spot... and possibly one of the worst players on a playoff NBA team. It's time to give up on him. He makes no difference on defense and we're basically playing 4 on 5 on offense. It's downright pathetic seeing other guys ignore him on offense, but that's basically what it comes down to. Doesn't create, doesn't assist, and sure as hell can't hit shots. Any time he has the ball in his hands it's either a panicked instant pass or a pathetic missed layup on a drive. His one talent, "defense", doesn't mean shit when whoever he guards can take a break and catch his breath while Cojo chills on the perimeter and waits for the other 4 Spurs to do something.

-Wade will probably be at full strength for the playoffs. For some reason the league allows Spo to give Wade weeks off at a time with no real significant injury, but will fine the Spurs for lack of notice if we rest our guys. Spurs should learn from this and give the big 3 large amounts of time off later in the season. I think it's clear that "momentum" or "rhythm" are just empty platitudes that don't mean shit. Either you are gassed in the playoffs or you aren't, you either have that second gear or you don't. Parker needs to take a month off.

-Tim is a net negative on the court when the other team exploits him on the PnR. He was the only consistent scorer today, but in these last weeks there is no doubt that his defensive flaws have been exposed. The fact that we have no better alternative does not contradict this. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Diaw and healthy Splitter was our best big man combo on both sides of the court.

-Pop has given up on Nando. The fact that Cojo still sees a second of playing time while a 6'5 player that can at least put the ball in the bucket is a sign that the end of our bench is essentially useless to Pop. You can't tell me that our defense would've been worse if Nando had started for Joseph. The Heat shot like 70% in the first quarter.

...but if this all seems like hyperbole, I think what we've learned most of all is that...

-Basketball is a team game. When our best perimeter defenders are out, along with our best rim protector, it makes everyone's individual defense seem that much worse. Tim sagging on PnR because of the lack of Splitter leaves the PGs that Tony guards open, the lack of perimeter pressure from Danny and Kawhi creates havoc on broken plays, the lack of rebounding added from Danny and Kawhi, along with Splitter over Diaw means more second chance buckets, Tim having to guard more mobile bigs that Splitter would normally guard means open jump shots along with a less crowded lane for driving players. This roster was molded to maximize what advantages the big three still have while mitigating their obvious flaws that come from age and wear & tear. Without our 3 most complementary players, the wheels have fallen off against better competition. When your bishop, knight, and rook are on the sidelines, your queen is that much less threatening.

/rant

edit: I mean "/meltdown" sorry, forgot anything posted after a loss by grays means jack shit

Chomag
01-26-2014, 03:27 PM
Agreed on Nado, wish the FO would have waved him and not Thomas.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 03:31 PM
They're trying to trade Nando.

benstanfield
01-26-2014, 03:34 PM
They're trying to trade Nando.

I would rather trade CoJo for a washing machine.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 03:36 PM
I would rather trade CoJo for a washing machine.Good for you.

Johnny RIngo
01-26-2014, 03:38 PM
-We should root for the Pacers. The Spurs aren't beating this Heat team. Don't have the personnel to get consistent stops. The Pacers have a chance.

No need to worry about this seeing as we aren't even good enough to make it past the Thunder atm.

DMC
01-26-2014, 03:39 PM

-Kawhi, Danny, and Tiago ARE our defense. Those who have hated on Stiffler and Green should delete their accounts and stop watching basketball. At this point Tim can't guard NBA players, Parker is one of the worst PG defenders in the league, and no one else plays anything but average D. Cojo's special ability "defense" didn't mean shit today...

-Cory Joseph is a waste of a roster spot... and possibly one of the worst players on a playoff NBA team. It's time to give up on him. He makes no difference on defense and we're basically playing 4 on 5 on offense. It's downright pathetic seeing other guys ignore him on offense, but that's basically what it comes down to. Doesn't create, doesn't assist, and sure as hell can't hit shots. Any time he has the ball in his hands it's either a panicked instant pass or a pathetic missed layup on a drive. His one talent, "defense", doesn't mean shit when whoever he guards can take a break and catch his breath while Cojo chills on the perimeter and waits for the other 4 Spurs to do something.

-Wade will probably be at full strength for the playoffs. For some reason the league allows Spo to give Wade weeks off at a time with no real significant injury, but will fine the Spurs for lack of notice if we rest our guys. Spurs should learn from this and give the big 3 large amounts of time off later in the season. I think it's clear that "momentum" or "rhythm" are just empty platitudes that don't mean shit. Either you are gassed in the playoffs or you aren't, you either have that second gear or you don't. Parker needs to take a month off.

-Tim is a net negative on the court when the other team exploits him on the PnR. He was the only consistent scorer today, but in these last weeks there is no doubt that his defensive flaws have been exposed. The fact that we have no better alternative does not contradict this. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Diaw and healthy Splitter was our best big man combo on both sides of the court.

-Pop has given up on Nando. The fact that Cojo still sees a second of playing time while a 6'5 player that can at least put the ball in the bucket is a sign that the end of our bench is essentially useless to Pop. You can't tell me that our defense would've been worse if Nando had started for Joseph. The Heat shot like 70% in the first quarter.

...but if this all seems like hyperbole, I think what we've learned most of all is that...

-Basketball is a team game. When our best perimeter defenders are out, along with our best rim protector, it makes everyone's individual defense seem that much worse. Tim sagging on PnR because of the lack of Splitter leaves the PGs that Tony guards open, the lack of perimeter pressure from Danny and Kawhi creates havoc on broken plays, the lack of rebounding added from Danny and Kawhi, along with Splitter over Diaw means more second chance buckets, Tim having to guard more mobile bigs that Splitter would normally guard means open jump shots along with a less crowded lane for driving players. This roster was molded to maximize what advantages the big three still have while mitigating their obvious flaws that come from age and wear & tear. Without our 3 most complementary players, the wheels have fallen off against better competition. When your bishop, knight, and rook are on the sidelines, your queen is that much less threatening.

/rant

Meltdown over a RS game against the defending champs when you have 3 starters injured = fail

Why root for Indiana? If your team isn't going to win, just switch teams.

benstanfield
01-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Good for you.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140114001852/s4s/images/7/76/Rekt.gif

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/23970208.jpg

Capt Bringdown
Even though the Heat are a better team, Lady luck dangled a championship in front of the Spurs last year and said it's yours for the taking.
We know how that ended.
It's not happening again, there will be no more gift-wrapped opportunities.
You can't rest on your laurels. Even with 4 rings, after last year this team is stained with shame and regret. And they play like it.

Players coming back from injury will not heal this team.

ChumpDumper
We're not going to beat Indiana without those players either.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 03:43 PM
http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140114001852/s4s/images/7/76/Rekt.gif

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/23970208.jpgDon't get so upset.

benstanfield
01-26-2014, 03:44 PM
Meltdown over a RS game against the defending champs when you have 3 starters injured = fail

Why root for Indiana? If your team isn't going to win, just switch teams.

:lol reading comprehension
:lol nothing I said refuted
:lol any thread after a loss is a "meltdown"
:lol blacked so must be an expert
:lol shittiest nba board on the web

benstanfield
01-26-2014, 03:45 PM
Don't get so upset.

:lol trolled by kool multiple times daily

ThaBigFundamental21
01-26-2014, 03:49 PM
I'm not sure why the hell you are crying about the Heat? This is the same team we handed a ring last year. Obviously they crushed us today, we have no healthy bodies. If today opened your eyes, then it's your fault for not having them open. Right now, healthy or not, our roster isn't good enough. Tim is almost 40, he has lost a step from last year. Yet you are shocked? Parker is nowhere near as good this year as he was last year. The FO had to make this team better in the off season and they didn't. They put all their faith into Kawhi, and for whatever reason he hasn't blossomed. Part of it is on Kawhi, part of it is on Pop for under utilizing him. The Spurs overpaid Manu and Splitter. Argue it, whatever. I don't care. They aren't impact players. Manu no more, Splitter never was. The FO better figure out a trade, or everyone is just going to have to except that the Spurs had an amazing run, and took us fans for an amazing ride with them. But that last ring might be a no no. That last ring might be that ring from 2007.

benstanfield
01-26-2014, 03:50 PM
Sorry boys back to /r/nba for me, delete this thread go back to your highlight videos with 80s rock music and troll threads.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 03:51 PM
Sorry boys back to /r/nba for me, delete this thread go back to your highlight videos with 80s rock music and troll threads.lol getting upset and running away

ElNono
01-26-2014, 03:51 PM
not disagreeing with the OP, but I thought we knew that coming into the season?

Prime Time
01-26-2014, 03:52 PM
I do agree with the first point. Spurs Fans kept claiming Green's defense was expandable (An athletic wing who can contest shots and defend the fast-break, not to mention guard the top point guards with ease? How is that expandable?) Splitter was "soft" (Dude as a mean machine in the defensive low post, took a ton of tear off of Tim) and the most hilarious of all... Kawhi Leonard being an overrated defender :lmao

Leonard creates plays with his defense. He makes ball-handlers uncomfortable, he contests passes, he's quick enough to not let offensive players blow past him, San Antonio are defensively vulnerable on the perimeter without him. He saved this franchise tbh, not in the same sense as Tim or David did but he's a key reason why any of us are even discussing #5.

Juggity
01-26-2014, 03:54 PM
Those who have hated on Stiffler and Green should delete their accounts and stop watching basketball.

:tu

Baam
01-26-2014, 03:56 PM
Fun fact : Stiffler was by far the worst player of the Finals, lol at saying he is missing piece to compete with MIA... You should be the one deleting your account...

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:00 PM
Fun fact : Stiffler was by far the worst player of the Finals, lol at saying he is missing piece to compete with MIA... You should be the one deleting your account...

DMC
01-26-2014, 04:04 PM
Sorry boys back to /r/nba for me, delete this thread go back to your highlight videos with 80s rock music and troll threads.

lol

DMC
01-26-2014, 04:10 PM
Let's address the drama queen point for point

It's not my desire to beat the Heat, but for the Spurs to win against anyone they play. I have no special love for Indiana.

This is your "stop rooting for my team that just lost" whimper... btw... tbh

That's why he goes back and forth between the D-league and the NBA. Pretty sure the coaching staff and owners know this.

Yeah, because all that time off in the Summer really does wonders for their conditioning during the preseason.

In this game. Otherwise he's still one of the best bigs in the game.

Nando is a fancy passer, nothing else. We are PG heavy, don't need him. We are too Euroball now, no defense and all jumpers.

I haven't read anything that we didn't know about before today's game.

/rant

edit: I mean "/meltdown" sorry, forgot anything posted after a loss by grays means jack shit
When it comes on the heels of a loss, you bet. Inspiration to tell everyone what we already know is part of the meltdown. You're the guy who stands up in the meeting and yells out the obvious because you're frustrated.

Brazil
01-26-2014, 04:20 PM

:lol meltdown

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:23 PM
Bosh was the x-factor today, not sure how Green or Kawhi would of been able to help with that. AND LOL Splitter. That guy is useless against the Heat. Once again we get our shit pushed in by a jump shooting big.

DMC
01-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Bosh was the x-factor today, not sure how Green or Kawhi would of been able to help with that. AND LOL Splitter. That guy is useless against the Heat. Once again we get our shit pushed in by a jump shooting big.

Bosh isn't an X-factor unless you don't know what the term actually means. Bosh is a known quality and quantity. Chris Anderson, had he scored 20, would have been an X-factor.

Brazil
01-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Regarding Parker guys who have 2 ounces of brain will understand he is saving energy and coasting big time on the D end. Parker has always been at best irregular during RS on the defensive end and always has increased his D intensity during the POs not enough for being a stud but enough to not be a liability there. He had some good d stretches during POs... Thought it was a known stuff for a long time.

This year it's worst cauz dude is not 20 y/o anymore and he had no break during summer.

at the end spurs are still top 3 in the west and 2-2 last 4 with a lot of injuries...

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Bosh isn't an X-factor unless you don't know what the term actually means. Bosh is a known quality and quantity. Chris Anderson, had he scored 20, would have been an X-factor.
9-10 shooting, 24 points= x factor. spin that shit whichever way you want, faggot.

Brazil
01-26-2014, 04:28 PM
9-10 shooting, 24 points= x factor. spin that shit whichever way you want, faggot.

Not it's not

go look at the definition of X factor...

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:30 PM
Not it's not

go look at the definition of X factor...
really don't care for it, tbh, we lost because bosh went off, therefore bosh=x factor

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 04:30 PM
lol x-factor.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:31 PM
lol x-factor.
lol david kimbrell

Brazil
01-26-2014, 04:32 PM
really don't care for it, tbh, we lost because bosh went off, therefore bosh=x factor

Stupid

bosh is a good basketball player not sure why you consider he is a kinda scrub who went off against us

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 04:33 PM
lol david kimbrelllol trying to change the subject.

Some desperate shit right there.

spurraider21
highlight videos with 80's rock music > shit highlight videos with dubstep or various edm. just sayin

RD2191
Stupid

bosh is a good basketball player not sure why you consider he is a kinda scrub who went off against us
not sure if serious, if bosh doesn't go off we have a chance to win the game, just because he can go off doesn't mean it was a given, therefore he was the x factor, dipshit

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2014, 04:34 PM
- The Spurs match up very well with the Heat..in case OP hasn't watched the Heat and Spurs play against each other during the RS the past 3 years, virtually every game has been a blowout on either side..

Spurs and Heat are the same teams as last year, tbh..Miami is the same team that needed a Pop gift to give them game 6 and a Lebron historic performance to win game 7 in the Finals..

- Everybody should already know the value of Kawhi, Green and Splitter, only the morons on ST downplay their collective importance..if you take away the Spurs next 3, you have the 2009-2011 Spurs all over again..

- There are only a few teams that can consistently exploit Duncan's poor pick&roll defense, Miami isn't really one of them..Duncan's defense was solid in the Finals last year..the only top teams that will exploit Duncan's pick&roll defense are OKC, Portland and Golden State..

- I've been a big Wade fan, but he is no longer a top 20 player in the league, his impact on a game is inconsistent, at best, tbh..Miami was much better in the playoffs last year when Wade was on the bench, tbh..

- Both Joseph an Nando are ass, tbh, but it seems like Joseph has a much longer leash..

RD2191
lol trying to change the subject.

Some desperate shit right there.
lol david kimbrell

ChumpDumper
not sure if serious, if bosh doesn't go off we have a chance to win the game, just because he can go off doesn't mean it was a given, therefore he was the x factor, dipshitSeriously, non-native English speakers know the language better than you.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:35 PM
Seriously, non-native English speakers know the language better than you.
lol david kimbrell

DMC
Heat top Spurs in Finals rematch as Wade back (http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489527)

See, no injuries. Otherwise ESPN would say "short handed Spurs".

ChumpDumper
lol david kimbrelllol getting owned on English by the French and Argies.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:36 PM
lol getting owned on English by the French and Argies.
lol getting owned daily in the club, lol david kimbrell

Juggity

Fun Fact: Without Splitter's clutch defensive performance in the WCF, the spurs probably repeat the outcome of 2011.

Splitter had issues with Miami for sure because they played smallball. They're playing a bit less smallball this year. We'll see if that continues once the playoffs commence.

In any case, it's mindblowing that anyone would deny the defensive impact of Splitter-Duncan, which took the spurs to the WCFs and Finals in back to back years after first round exits and skunkers from 2009-2011.

DMC

Only if he was a variable prior to the start of the game. He's a 20/10 career guy.

Brazil
01-26-2014, 04:37 PM
not sure if serious, if bosh doesn't go off we have a chance to win the game, just because he can go off doesn't mean it was a given, therefore he was the x factor, dipshit

You think using dipshit makes you smarter?
You are wrong, let it go and move on

omg if bosh wasn't a good bb player we had a chance.., stupid

ChumpDumper
lol getting owned daily in the club, lol david kimbrelllol still trying to change the subject, once again can only talk about me.

DMC

Maybe you need to stay in the Club and post cheap photoshop knockoffs. Your basketball takes are horrible.

Brazil
01-26-2014, 04:39 PM
:cry I'm not Mexican :cry

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:39 PM
You think using dipshit makes you smarter?
You are wrong, let it go and move one

omg if bosh wasn't a good bb player we had a chance.., stupid
lol, why would I think dipshit makes me seem smarter?

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:40 PM
???

HarlemHeat37
Splitter's absence isn't important against the Heat, but missing Leonard and Green is huge, obviously..they were 2 of the top 3 Spurs players in the Finals last year, and playing Kawhi at the 4 was arguably the Spurs' most effective move in that series..

RD2191
Maybe you need to stay in the Club and post cheap photoshop knockoffs. Your basketball takes are horrible.
I've never posted a photo of chump.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Easy to get under your skin though, that is hilarious.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:41 PM
lol still trying to change the subject, once again can only talk about me.
okay expert, why did the spurs lose today?

Brazil
01-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Easy to get under your skin though, that is hilarious.

Your constant meltdown is hilarious

getting under my skin because you use a word without knowing its definition ? :lmao

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:44 PM
Your constant meltdown is hilarious

getting under my skin because you use a word without knowing its definition ? :lmao
lol, meltdown. chris bosh=x factor.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:47 PM
lol, loser ass chump can't answer the question because his loser ass didn't even watch the game and only comes in here to talk shit to make himself feel better because of the pathetic life he lives

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:49 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1647244-nba-playoffs-2013-why-chris-bosh-is-the-x-factor-in-heat-vs-bulls

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/59333/chris-bosh-nba-finals-x-factor

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/story/2012-06-14/Chris-Bosh-has-become-Heats-X-factor/55609208/1

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:50 PM
X Factor:wakeup

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:58 PM
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/05/21/heats-chris-bosh-the-x-factor-in-east-final-against-pacers/

http://talkinhoopz.com/james-jones-says-chris-bosh-has-always-been-an-x-factor-for-the-heat/

http://www.themarsreel.com/chris-bosh-is-quietly-becoming-miamis-x-factor/

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:59 PM
okay expert, why did the spurs lose today?
Where you at David?

Brazil
01-26-2014, 05:00 PM
X Factor:wakeup

Stupid

if bosh merely put his career average or less heat still win by a mile

RD2191
01-26-2014, 05:01 PM
Stupid

if bosh merely put his career average or less heat still win by a mile
:lmaoX...................................Factor

Kidd K
01-26-2014, 05:11 PM
OP, on one hand you say we can't beat this Heat team yet oh yeah, we're missing our three best defensive players is your next paragraph. Wtf? Which is it? Our team's a lot worse without some of our major guys or it's not?

We can beat this Heat team if we're healthy. Don't forget last year Miller and Battier had miracle games at the EXACT SAME TIME while LeBron also turned around his fortunes while Pop made multiple coaching mistakes in the fourth (treated the start of the 4th like a regular season game, took Tim out on the final two defensive plays). They were fortunate. They beat us, but they were also very lucky. What we were lucky with exactly besides Danny Green's performance? Manu was awful, Tony was hurt, Tiago was a ghost, etc. We are capable of playing them better.

Duncan isn't a net negative, gtfo. He's old and needs time to get back into the groove mentally after last season and what happened to him in his personal life. He will be ready by playoff time. He's Tim Duncan.

Wade's health is a question mark. This has been clear for years before Miami ever won their first title. He's maybe twice as likely to be healthy by playoff time as Ginobili. And you know the odds of that aren't very good.

Pop should give up on Nando, he's not a playoff caliber player. Neither is Joseph, but we have Mills so it doesn't really matter.

DMC
01-26-2014, 05:22 PM
:lmaoX...................................Factor

:lol Trying to morph your retarded take to a troll attempt...

RD2191
01-26-2014, 05:23 PM
:lol Trying to morph your retarded take to a troll attempt...
Troll attempt? Chris Bosh was the X-factor in todays Heat win. It is what it is.

DMC
01-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Troll attempt? Chris Bosh was the X-factor in todays Heat win. It is what it is.

- In his last 7 games, Bosh has averaged 24 points per game on 61.1% shooting. I'm not saying Bosh isn't the major contributor, but that he's not an x-factor since the term implies an unknown. Bosh scored what he's averaged over the past 7 games. Hardly an unknown. You need to brush up on terms or just leave them to the pundits.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 05:54 PM
- In his last 7 games, Bosh has averaged 24 points per game on 61.1% shooting.
Yeah but this season he is averaging 16.7 and 1 assist, he went off for 24 and 3 assist tonight, he had a major impact and I believe was key in the Heat winning this game. Yes it got ugly in the 3rd but Bosh hit some timely shots.

CitizenDwayne
01-26-2014, 06:10 PM
If the Spurs had won tonight, would Duncan have been the 'x factor'?

RD2191
01-26-2014, 06:13 PM
If the Spurs had won tonight, would Duncan have been the 'x factor'?
Of course, he is averaging 14.6 and went off for 23, probably more if we weren't getting blown out.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 06:38 PM
okay expert, why did the spurs lose today?Not because of an x factor.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 06:39 PM
- In his last 7 games, Bosh has averaged 24 points per game on 61.1% shooting. I'm not saying Bosh isn't the major contributor, but that he's not an x-factor since the term implies an unknown. Bosh scored what he's averaged over the past 7 games. Hardly an unknown. You need to brush up on terms or just leave them to the pundits.Or the French.

Jean-Claude Van Damme
01-26-2014, 06:55 PM

:lmao

Brazil
01-26-2014, 06:56 PM
Unbelievable to see dude being wrong and still trying to spin it forever. Not even man enough to say I stand corrected and move on... Kids

RD2191
01-26-2014, 06:58 PM
Unbelievable to see dude being wrong and still trying to spin it forever. Not even man enough to say I stand corrected and move on... Kids
Says the guy who is still asshurt, Bosh=X Factor, end of story.

Budkin
01-26-2014, 06:59 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061215212149/marveldatabase/images/d/d0/X-Factor_Vol_1_1.jpg

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 07:01 PM
:lmaoDamn, how many accounts does SA210 have?

Brazil
01-26-2014, 07:02 PM
Says the guy who is still asshurt, Bosh=X Factor, end of story.

No he is not

Sobe_Kucks
01-26-2014, 07:51 PM
Jesus! What happened to this board??? Used to be full of insight, humor and the occasional troll. Now it's nothing meltdowns, anti-Manu trolls and people who clearly don't understand terminology such as "X-Factor" and are willing to go on arguing like a child for hours. Grow up... Can we focus on basketball again?

RD2191
01-26-2014, 07:52 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061215212149/marveldatabase/images/d/d0/X-Factor_Vol_1_1.jpg
:lol

RD2191
01-26-2014, 07:53 PM
Jesus! What happened to this board??? Used to be full of insight, humor and the occasional troll. Now it's nothing meltdowns, anti-Manu trolls and people who clearly don't understand terminology such as "X-Factor" and are willing to go on arguing like a child for hours. Grow up... Can we focus on basketball again?
I know, its sad that DMC and Brazil don't know what X-Factor means.

Sobe_Kucks
01-26-2014, 08:01 PM
I know, its sad that DMC and Brazil don't know what X-Factor means.
You're what wrong with this board dude... No need to go on and on about me or anything of the like, I'm above 15 years of age and could care less what you have to say. It's just a shame guys like you waste so much space on here these days with childish banter. This place was once great. Thanks for ruining it. Who knows maybe some of the trolls will go away and this place with actually be about basketball again.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 08:04 PM
You're what wrong with this board dude... No need to go on and on about me or anything of the like, I'm above 15 years of age and could care less what you have to say. It's just a shame guys like you waste so much space on here these days with childish banter. This place was once great. Thanks for ruining it. Who knows maybe some of the trolls will go away and this place with actually be about basketball again.
Step your game up bro, if you wanna bitch about a shitty board then start some decent threads discussing quality topics. Simple as that.

T Park
01-26-2014, 08:04 PM
They played a lot of small ball also due to having Mike Miller. Miller ain't there anymore. Which is advantage spurs. Belinelli> Neal, Ayres>>>>>>>> Blair.

Now, they have Oden, and Beasley, and....? By them getting bigger it only benefits the Spurs, who's best lineupsc are with Duncan and splitter.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Step your game up bro, if you wanna bitch about a shitty board then start some decent threads discussing quality topics. Simple as that.Learn what x factor means.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 08:08 PM
Learn what x factor means.
I know what it means and my take was still correct, Bosh was the X-factor for the Heat today.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 08:20 PM
I know what it means and my take was still correct, Bosh was the X-factor for the Heat today.Bosh played exactly like he has lately.

Not an x factor at all.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 08:24 PM
Bosh played exactly like he has lately.

Not an x factor at all.
Averaging 16.7 and 1.1 assist, he went off for 24 and 3 today on 9-10 shooting. X-factor.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 08:28 PM
Averaging 16.7 and 1.1 assist, he went off for 24 and 3 today on 9-10 shooting. X-factor.23.4 ppg in the last five games.

Not an x factor.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 08:28 PM
23.4 ppg in the last five games.

Not an x factor.
16.7 for the season, x factor in todays game.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 08:34 PM
16.7 for the season, x factor in todays game.Keep repeating your failure.

It's hilarious.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 08:39 PM
Keep repeating your failure.

It's hilarious.
Says the guy who didn't even watch the game and is hung up on the proper use of a term which by the way is correct. And the only fail is your life which has been made a mockery of in the club.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Says the guy who didn't even watch the game and is hung up on the proper use of a term which by the way is correct. And the only fail is your life which has been made a mockery of in the club.I watched the game.

Bosh was not an x factor.

The Spurs have three starters injured.

You're trying to make me the subject again. Desperately.

Sobe_Kucks
01-26-2014, 08:49 PM
Step your game up bro, if you wanna bitch about a shitty board then start some decent threads discussing quality topics. Simple as that.
The board and many many posters are definitely good; but, guys like yourself... C'mon really... Are you just trolling or are you really the type to go to the mat for hours over an "X-Factor." If myself or someone "steps their game up" and starts a basketball thread, then we get to read hours worth of personal insults because more than one person doesn't agree with your opinion. Yeah sounds great, I'm in.

Dverde
01-26-2014, 08:52 PM
If you are looking Spurs legacy wise. You want the Heat to make the finals and sweep whoever they play (assuming the Spurs are not there). Spurs took them to seven games and had their boot on their throat.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 08:52 PM
The board and many many posters are definitely good; but, guys like yourself... C'mon really... Are you just trolling or are you really the type to go to the mat for hours over an "X-Factor." If myself or someone "steps their game up" and starts a basketball thread, then we get to read hours worth of personal insults because more than one person doesn't agree with your opinion. Yeah sounds great, I'm in.
Well that can be said of many posters, even bolded ones. Its a discussion board, opinions will differ, that's the fun part.

weeks
01-27-2014, 01:12 AM
Well that can be said of many posters, even bolded ones. Its a discussion board, opinions will differ, that's the fun part.
which is fine, but it's a little annoying when a dozen pages are filled with four posters, each trying to be wittier than the last over some random unrelated bullshit.

at some point it's not about arguing opinion, just insistence on getting the last word

Yuixafun
01-27-2014, 03:43 AM
X- factor: a circumstance, quality, or person that has a strong but unpredictable influence

Being that Bosh is a former All-Star and Main Franchise player on an NBA team... scoring an extra 8 points on his season average is not being an x-factor. That's playing to your potential.

Anyway...

Here are some other fun words.

Inane-
1: empty, insubstantial
2: lacking significance, meaning, or point : silly <inane comments>

Retarded-
: slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development or academic progress

Insipid-
1: lacking taste or savor : tasteless <insipid food>
2: lacking in qualities that interest, stimulate, or challenge :

End of story. It is what it is. Add other random stale cliche filler to finish the post.

RD2191
01-27-2014, 03:50 AM
X factor

Skull-1
01-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Even though the Heat are a better team, Lady luck dangled a championship in front of the Spurs last year and said it's yours for the taking.
We know how that ended.
It's not happening again, there will be no more gift-wrapped opportunities.
You can't rest on your laurels. Even with 4 rings, after last year this team is stained with shame and regret. And they play like it.

Players coming back from injury will not heal this team.

Well said. We had an upset in the back. Everything went our way until the end. We lost by one. One rebound or one free throw or one fewer turnover by Manu or one more miss by the Heat, one more stop. One.

Also good post by the OP.

rjv
01-27-2014, 02:34 PM
tiago has been missed on the screen and roll as well. we also had no seven footers to counter the larger lineup miami went at with us at times yesterday. i expect houston to do the same tomorrow.

Skull-1
01-28-2014, 11:53 AM
Fun Fact: Without Splitter's clutch defensive performance in the WCF, the spurs probably repeat the outcome of 2011.

In any case, it's mindblowing that anyone would deny the defensive impact of Splitter-Duncan, which took the spurs to the WCFs and Finals in back to back years after first round exits and skunkers from 2009-2011.

Uh, uh, I seem to recall a defense-oriented guy named Leonard....

Bill_Brasky
01-28-2014, 01:00 PM

/r/nba is full of failure and dick riding reactionary bullshit. No surprise that's where you crawled out here from.