PDA

View Full Version : Can we beat the Rockets Tuesday?

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-26-2014, 03:26 PM
After this tough loss against Miami, and still 3 starters out, it's gonna be tough if we lose to another top dog team against the Rockets on Tuesday? Can we beat them this time?

RD2191
01-26-2014, 03:26 PM
:lmao

TheGoldStandard
01-26-2014, 03:27 PM
No

Bruno
01-26-2014, 03:29 PM
Losing games against good teams while you have 3 starters out isn't tough, it's logical.

timtonymanu
01-26-2014, 03:29 PM
Against one of the best perimeter shooting teams, um no.

Leonard and Green could have helped with Parsons/Harden.

HI-FI
01-26-2014, 03:31 PM
prepare for thine shit to be pusheth in.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 03:31 PM
prepare for thine shit to be pusheth in.
:lol

Raven
01-26-2014, 03:33 PM
ugh, this could get milwakee type of bad. let's hope they have a cold game so it's not too shameful

DapDaGenius
01-26-2014, 03:34 PM
:lol I hope you're ready for another 20+ loss.

Darius Bieber
01-26-2014, 03:35 PM
Nope. Might even lose to the Bulls on Wednesday on National TV.

Budkin
01-26-2014, 03:35 PM
Not a chance in hell. Another loss just like today.

Chomag
01-26-2014, 03:37 PM
Houston is a team built around beating the Spurs so im gonna go with a no.

ThaBigFundamental21
01-26-2014, 03:38 PM
I think it will be ugly. Those knocking Leonard are going to be praying for his return. Be prepared to slip in the standings. Obviously to 3, but possibly to 4th. This is going to be a tough stretch. The game against Miami today was very eye opening. We had a D League roster on the court. I think it is time to officially be worried about Tony Parker. He isn't going to magically flip a switch.

Does anyone know when Green and Splitter are projected to be back?

look_at_g_shred
01-26-2014, 03:39 PM
Are the sitting harden and Howard? Then no. Expect much of the same as today except about 30 more attempts behind the arc.

look_at_g_shred
01-26-2014, 03:40 PM
I think it will be ugly. Those knocking Leonard are going to be praying for his return. Be prepared to slip in the standings. Obviously to 3, but possibly to 4th. This is going to be a tough stretch. The game against Miami today was very eye opening. We had a D League roster on the court. I think it is time to officially be worried about Tony Parker. He isn't going to magically flip a switch.

Second half of the RRT.

Mikeanaro
01-26-2014, 03:47 PM

Praying? what for? Kiwi didnt make shit on all those games against good teams, we are not losing against good teams because we dont have 3 of our starters, we are losing because we cant grab a rebound even to save our lives, defense is shitty and scoring too, even teams like Charlotte or Boston are not 20 points down against Miami.

exstatic
01-26-2014, 03:53 PM

Actually, there's not much going on after the Houston game. The first leg of the RRT, for once, is pretty cake. We should have at least two of the missing back for the second leg, maybe all three.

ThaBigFundamental21
01-26-2014, 03:54 PM
Praying? what for? Kiwi didnt make shit on all those games against good teams, we are not losing against good teams because we dont have 3 of our starters, we are losing because we cant grab a rebound even to save our lives, defense is shitty and scoring too, even teams like Charlotte or Boston are not 20 points down against Miami.

Defense.

ThaBigFundamental21
01-26-2014, 03:56 PM
Actually, there's not much going on after the Houston game. The first leg of the RRT, for once, is pretty cake. We should have at least two of the missing back for the second leg, maybe all three.

That's good tbh. A little bit of good news when we need some.

exstatic
01-26-2014, 03:58 PM

Kawhi rebounds at an elite wing level, and is a plus defender. Please try to contain your hysteria.

Mikeanaro
01-26-2014, 04:04 PM
Kawhi rebounds at an elite wing level, and is a plus defender. Please try to contain your hysteria.
What hysteria do you mean, If you cant see Kawhi is not the all star player everybody was hoping this season thats your problem, Defense on its own cant do shit he needs to score too, but for lots of guys like you D is becoming the new EPIC, BIGOT CLASSY and all those hip terms.
Kawhi was elite in the playoffs last year, too bad after that he went back to his chrysalis.

ElNono
01-26-2014, 04:06 PM
well, we're playing... might aswell try

exstatic
01-26-2014, 04:06 PM
That's good tbh. A little bit of good news when we need some.

Post Houston we have:

Chicago 1/29
Sacto 2/1

@ N.O 2/2
@ Washington 2/5
@ Brooklyn 2/6
@ Charlotte 2/8
@ Detroit 2/10
@ Boston 2/12

All Star Break

@ LAC 2/18
@ Portland 2/19
@ Phoenix 2/21

exstatic
01-26-2014, 04:07 PM
What hysteria do you mean, If you cant see Kawhi is not the all star player everybody was hoping this season thats your problem, Defense on its own cant do shit he needs to score too, but for lots of guys like you D is becoming the new EPIC, BIGOT CLASSY and all those hip terms.
Kawhi was elite in the playoffs last year, too bad after that he went back to his chrysalis.

Uh, like this?

01-26-2014, 04:12 PM
Losing games against good teams while you have 3 starters out isn't tough, it's logical.

01-26-2014, 04:17 PM

the post was about missing Leonard's D against teams like Houston. No mention of Kawhi being an all star or averaging 25 ppg so fins your chill bro.

Mikeanaro
01-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Uh, like this?
Nope, you dont have an argument, Im not insulting Kiwi just saying the truth and I could not be happier if he plays like a supertar even right now after the hand issue is gone. Tiago will always be a pussy, and Green is not reliable dude dont even have the heart of a competitor so how the hell is gonna get motivated? Kiwi is a game changer and if Green had blood he would be a changer too, Tiago should be happy he is 7 foot.

exstatic
01-26-2014, 04:20 PM
the post was about missing Leonard's D against teams like Houston. No mention of Kawhi being an all star or averaging 25 ppg so fins your chill bro.

He even mentioned defense and rebounding in his post as things we needed. What a putz.

exstatic
01-26-2014, 04:21 PM
Nope, you dont have an argument, Im not insulting Kiwi just saying the truth and I could not be happier if he plays like a supertar even right now after the hand issue is gone. Tiago will always be a pussy, and Green is not reliable dude dont even have the heart of a competitor so how the hell is gonna get motivated? Kiwi is a game changer and if Green had blood he would be a changer too, Tiago should be happy he is 7 foot.

His name's not Kiwi, retard. That alone makes your posts not worth responding to.

Mikeanaro
01-26-2014, 04:21 PM
Im cool, but I dont see the point since we fail against good teams even with a full healthy roster, Kawhi D will not be missed.

Mikeanaro
01-26-2014, 04:24 PM
His name's not Kiwi, retard. That alone makes your posts not worth responding to.
Is Kiwi your mother or something? your mind seems exstatic after so many crack rounds whats your problem?

TheGoldStandard
01-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Probably see us going 3-3 for that first leg of the RRT. Parsons & Harden are going to pound our shit on Tuesday. Might as well just sit the big 3

RD2191
01-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Kawhi is overrated on defense. Especially now that Tim is in decline. Diaw>Kawhi on LBJ.

01-26-2014, 04:36 PM
Im cool, but I dont see the point since we fail against good teams even with a full healthy roster, Kawhi D will not be missed.he's not Bowen but he's very capable of locking players up, and he's undoubtedly better than anyone else on the roster.

01-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Kawhi is overrated on defense. Especially now that Tim is in decline. Diaw>Kawhi on LBJ.Diaw is big and can bang with LeHGH but I'll take Leonard over Bobo for guarding most wings. Diaw's defense is really good, though.

01-26-2014, 04:39 PM
He even mentioned defense and rebounding in his post as things we needed. What a putz.This is what spurstalk has become, I suppose.

Mikeanaro
01-26-2014, 04:39 PM
he's not Bowen but he's very capable of locking players up, and he's undoubtedly better than anyone else on the roster.
Yeah he is, but he is just one player thats why im saying he will not be missed, and while he is not having a great season I wish the best for him.

Chris16
01-26-2014, 04:40 PM
The only team right now in the West that is clearly better than Houston is Oklahoma City. They've killed Houston even w/o Westbrook.

Mikeanaro
01-26-2014, 04:42 PM
Lol yeah our rebounding is great, seems he is ignoring me, good! :rollin

GrandeDavid
01-26-2014, 04:48 PM
The Spurs will not win in Houston and will like likely finish 0-16 against OKC, Portland, Houston, Indiana and Miami, which is disgustingly pathetic. Even by luck a team should get a few wins.

Texas_Ranger
01-26-2014, 04:49 PM
nah

Blizzardwizard
01-26-2014, 04:51 PM
Parsons and Harden to hit 30 threes combined.

exstatic
01-26-2014, 04:53 PM
Lol yeah our rebounding is great, seems he is ignoring me, good! :rollin

People dump on you because you're stupid. They stop when they're bored with your stupidity.

McGusto55
01-26-2014, 04:54 PM
He'll fucking no

DMC
01-26-2014, 04:55 PM
Yes they can. Will they? Depends on who shows up to play on both sides.

FireMicoHalili
01-26-2014, 05:17 PM
Of course we can! We went to the Finals last year for pete's sakes

ThaBigFundamental21
01-26-2014, 05:51 PM

Exactly.

spurtech09
01-26-2014, 05:53 PM
with the team we have on the floor now? No.....spurs need splitter,green,and KL to even contend with the top teams.....

ThaBigFundamental21
01-26-2014, 05:58 PM
Kawhi is overrated on defense. Especially now that Tim is in decline. Diaw>Kawhi on LBJ.

I guess you missed the NBA Finals. Kawhi played some amazing Defense on LBJ. Especially early. Then Pop went hair brain and decided to change everything and let Miami dictate matchups.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 06:00 PM
I guess you missed the NBA Finals. Kawhi played some amazing Defense on LBJ. Especially early. Then Pop went hair brain and decided to change everything and let Miami dictate matchups.
Didn't Diaw do a better job in the Finals? At least that's what I remember. Kawhi guarded LeBron for longer but I thought Diaw was more effective.

Mikeanaro
01-26-2014, 06:03 PM
People dump on you because you're stupid. They stop when they're bored with your stupidity.
Nope, you are stupid and take things too seriously and then when you have no argument you call retard someone because said some harmless name like Kiwi, is not even Cowhi, you dont see me going name police after every user here when they say TURNOBILI, URUNOBILI, or when I say Porker no one is after me, chill down and quit on those crazy pills.

ThaBigFundamental21
01-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Why does everyone here on Spurstalk think Houston is so damn good? They aren't the 2 or even 3 seed in the West, but everyone here talks about them like they are.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 06:07 PM
Why does everyone here on Spurstalk think Houston is so damn good? They aren't the 2 or even 3 seed in the West, but everyone here talks about them like they are.
They aren't that good but they're great against us. Very bad match-up sort of like Memphis 2011. Different styles but you get the point.

ThaBigFundamental21
01-26-2014, 06:15 PM
Didn't Diaw do a better job in the Finals? At least that's what I remember. Kawhi guarded LeBron for longer but I thought Diaw was more effective.

Honestly, they both did really well. Surprisingly well tbh. But early in that series they were saying Leonard played the best Defense that they had ever see anyone play on Lebron. No lie. I hate thinking about that damn series...

RD2191
01-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Honestly, they both did really well. Surprisingly well tbh. But early in that series they were saying Leonard played the best Defense that they had ever see anyone play on Lebron. No lie. I hate thinking about that damn series...
Yeah, Diaw was good in spurts, doubt he could guard LeBron all game without getting winded. And yes, it really sucks.

Sobe_Kucks
01-26-2014, 06:40 PM
They aren't that good but they're great against us. Very bad match-up sort of like Memphis 2011. Different styles but you get the point.
^This^ I'm going to the game with die hard Rockettes Fans. Their team has struggled so badly, all they talk anout in town is football. But... They are a terrible match up for us. Gonna need to be heavily liqoured up to enjoy the game.

ElNono
01-26-2014, 06:41 PM
You gotta stay with the shooters... that's all it takes with the Rockets... they can burn you from the perimeter....

heyheymymy
01-26-2014, 06:43 PM
rockets are a bad matchup on us even when we were healthy, but who knows.

cd021
01-26-2014, 08:28 PM
well, we're playing... might aswell try

I like that attitude.

cd021
01-26-2014, 08:34 PM
Yeah, Diaw was good in spurts, doubt he could guard LeBron all game without getting winded. And yes, it really sucks.

If i'm not mistaken, he's done that on a couple of occasions. I know he played predominantly against him in the "rest gate game". One thing that stuck out is that Lebron never seems to post Diaw up. Taking that out of the equation is a good thing.

I'd love to see the Spurs play "small" with Diaw staying in at PF when teams choose to play small ball against them. Like GSW if they go Curry, Thompson, Iggy, Barnes and Bogut.

He can certainly cover Barnes and on offense either post him up or pull him out to the 3pt line.

cd021
01-26-2014, 08:35 PM
You gotta stay with the shooters... that's all it takes with the Rockets... they can burn you from the perimeter....

Plus Duncan, historically, is very good in one on one defense vs Howard. Little need to double unless Dwight is going off.

Juggity
01-26-2014, 08:40 PM

:lmao Christ, just delete your account son. Shitful take after shitful take.

Mikeanaro
01-26-2014, 08:55 PM
:lmao Christ, just delete your account son. Shitful take after shitful take.
Lol thats the new TBH, I saw that shit in some thread minutes ago lots of dudes saying delete blabla, now some fatso behind a computer is calling others son because he is so full of self confidence in some internet forum where nobody cares about nobody, you must be a BB expert your takes could save our team man, no rings since 2007 you can help us jugs.

ducks
01-26-2014, 10:55 PM
rockets are a very funny team

BacktoBasics
01-27-2014, 04:01 PM

Is Kiwi your mother or something? your mind seems exstatic after so many crack rounds whats your problem?

Yeah he is, but he is just one player thats why im saying he will not be missed, and while he is not having a great season I wish the best for him.

Lol thats the new TBH, I saw that shit in some thread minutes ago lots of dudes saying delete blabla, now some fatso behind a computer is calling others son because he is so full of self confidence in some internet forum where nobody cares about nobody, you must be a BB expert your takes could save our team man, no rings since 2007 you can help us jugs.Holy fucking shit if this isn't the bigoted pot calling the kettle black. You're a fucking moron, with a perspective that comes in levels below simpleton and when given the opportunity to recognize and own your own stupidity you hide your fat racist homophobic delusional ass behind the comfort of being able to shit on people here because you don't have to look them in the eye.

Not only should you delete your account you should delete yourself.

Spur|n|Austin
01-27-2014, 04:04 PM
Houston is a team built around beating the Spurs so im gonna go with a no.

This.

Beaverfuzz
01-27-2014, 05:48 PM
Hack a Howard with Nando!

wildchild
01-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Even with Leonard and Green healthy, I'm worried about Pop's defensive assignments against Rox, Leonard on Harden and Green on Parsons.
Like other guys said in the first game vs Houston, I'd have preferred Green on Harden, and Leonard on Parsons and rotate to help on Harden.
Of course, Marco's D on Parsons was awful, too.

However, Spurs can beat them. Rockets lost against Atlanta, Utah, Dallas, Sacremento, Phoenix, they can have a bad night. Bad games happen.

wildchild
01-27-2014, 07:34 PM

Some people think that Leonard is a great defender only since he battled LeBron in the finals, and forgot to mention his pretty good job on D against GS and Memphis in playoffs.

Hoops Czar
01-27-2014, 07:39 PM
After this tough loss against Miami, and still 3 starters out, it's gonna be tough if we lose to another top dog team against the Rockets on Tuesday? Can we beat them this time?

The Miami loss wasn't tough, it was easy. They barely broke a sweat. Let me answer your "Can we beat the Rockets" question with another question. Can the Spurs stop the 3-ball? Recent history suggests NO.

SpurSwag
01-27-2014, 07:46 PM
Can we beat them? Absolutely

Am I going into the game with high hopes? Not really, I expect a pretty bad blow out. Not only do we now run short on bodies to throw at harden and parsons, but their guys are gonna shoot easily over joseph, nando, and patty. I'm expecting a pretty huge scoring night for the rockets.

Suspect
01-27-2014, 10:38 PM
:cry

Solid D
01-28-2014, 03:03 PM
Playing the Spurs is like a B12 shot to this particular Rockets team.

Budkin
01-28-2014, 03:23 PM
First 2 game losing streak of the season tbh

rjv
01-28-2014, 03:32 PM
we can but we probably won't

capek
01-28-2014, 04:56 PM
I got a cheap ticket for this game, which means I'll be there live, and the Spurs nearly always lose in Houston when I attend games, so we'll most likely lose tonight. Looking forward to seeing the new black hope OJ in action though. :tu

Budkin
01-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Harden's out so maybe we have a chance. But probably not.

twincam
01-28-2014, 06:37 PM
Play baynes some solid minutes to get a good groove.....then
maybe they have hope today

Sobe_Kucks
01-28-2014, 06:46 PM
No Harden is huge; changes the landscape plenty. Wouldn't be surprised to see a W tbh.

Cry Havoc
01-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Harden's out so maybe we have a chance. But probably not.

We win by 18.

Skull-1
01-28-2014, 10:06 PM

No.

urunobili
01-28-2014, 10:08 PM
I wanted this one so bad :-(

Skull-1
01-28-2014, 10:30 PM
Howard is pwning Timmeh tbqh, fwiw, IMHO. Out jumped Duncan for a huge rebound in last two mins down by four... Pathetic. Window closed.