PDA

View Full Version : NBA: How bad has this season been?

HI-FI
01-26-2014, 06:07 PM
obviously if you're a Spursfan, this has been one long hangover. It's basically beat up shitty teams and getting our shit pushed in by other elite teams. Outside of that, it seems like the worst NBA season I recall. Heat are juicing and coasting per the par, so nothing too exciting there. Only drama with that team is if Wade's knee holds up or if Lebron makes it through a Berenstein Bears book pregame. Lakers are laughable but boring without Rapist tbh.

Durant's emergence from the shadows of General Thade has been somewhat intriguing, but OKC is still annoying to watch. 20+ FTs a game is not compelling TV imo.

The East is a wasteland, you're better off getting buried in one of those blizzards than watch games from that region.

What seasons would you consider worse than this one, or is this typical, pre All-Star break garbage from the NBA?

irishock
01-26-2014, 06:10 PM
1999 was worse.

spurraider21
01-26-2014, 06:13 PM
tbh i'm still in hangover mode. haven't gotten that pumped or down yet this year. its just good to seen Duncan getting his offense back after a horrible start. his defensive mobility is a concern. i'm not going to really worry about how the team looks until march or so. the nba as a whole has been story-less. im just hoping something fun happens during the deadline

ElNono
01-26-2014, 06:15 PM
If you're a Spursfan, you gotta love the general mediocrity of the league... even if old as hell, we're basically elite by default because of that...

The main criticism is too much tanking... At least I hope the next draft is worth it, tbh

RD2191
01-26-2014, 06:22 PM
If you're a Spursfan, you gotta love the general mediocrity of the league... even if old as hell, we're basically elite by default because of that...

The main criticism is too much tanking... At least I hope the next draft is worth it, tbh
:lolThe first part, tbh.

HI-FI
01-26-2014, 06:23 PM

true, but I can't tell if the wheels are coming off or it's just the league is so shitty, you can get by with flat tires. of course I'm a cynic so it's possible Spurs are coasting like never before, we'll find out. The tanking problem has reached an all time low imo, but Stern wants his weighted envelopes so fuck it.

agree with spurraider that the only thing interesting me is the trade threads and deadline. that would be awesome if we got an MVPau type deal but I doubt it.

jeebus
01-26-2014, 06:26 PM
yeah it's been a pretty shitty season. I find myself looking forward to seeing how stupid the coaching staff is with their ricockulous lineups than the actual games. That lineup today with Errors as the only "big" was so pathetic. it went from manageable to a blowout in minutes, until my nigga Bane led a mini comeback.

HI-FI
01-26-2014, 06:30 PM
yeah it's been a pretty shitty season. I find myself looking forward to seeing how stupid the coaching staff is with their ricockulous lineups than the actual games. That lineup today with Errors as the only "big" was so pathetic. it went from manageable to a blowout in minutes, until my nigga Bane led a mini comeback.

ya boy Ayres missed another pass today. Stone Hands McGee imho.

Robz4000
The blatant tanking going on around the league has really watered down the product this year tbh. As for the Spurs, I'm just enjoying watching Tim play at a high level and, before he went down, Leonard develop his game. Other than that I won't get too into the season until after the ASG.

Mugen
tbh i'm still in hangover mode. haven't gotten that pumped or down yet this year.

seconded tbh. hopefully the playoffs are fun.

ElNono
01-26-2014, 06:31 PM
true, but I can't tell if the wheels are coming off or it's just the league is so shitty, you can get by with flat tires. of course I'm a cynic so it's possible Spurs are coasting like never before, we'll find out. The tanking problem has reached an all time low imo, but Stern wants his weighted envelopes so fuck it.

Even if you think the wheels did fall off and we can't beat any "good team", the Spurs are still posting a top 5 record in the league... if you don't wanna credit the Spurs for that, then you have to tell me the league is absolute shit.

DMC
01-26-2014, 06:32 PM
obviously if you're a Spursfan, this has been one long hangover. It's basically beat up shitty teams and getting our shit pushed in by other elite teams. Outside of that, it seems like the worst NBA season I recall. Heat are juicing and coasting per the par, so nothing too exciting there. Only drama with that team is if Wade's knee holds up or if Lebron makes it through a Berenstein Bears book pregame. Lakers are laughable but boring without Rapist tbh.

Durant's emergence from the shadows of General Thade has been somewhat intriguing, but OKC is still annoying to watch. 20+ FTs a game is not compelling TV imo.

The East is a wasteland, you're better off getting buried in one of those blizzards than watch games from that region.

What seasons would you consider worse than this one, or is this typical, pre All-Star break garbage from the NBA?

It's been a good season. That bench win over GS was epic (lol that last second heave by Chucker). Watching Lakers hopes go down the drain when their hero re-enlists for half the fuckin' cap was gorgeous, a thing of pure beauty. Seeing the deflecting here from alt named Laker fans wearing the virtual paper bag over their heads is worth the price of admission.

As for the Spurs, we are probably going to win 50 games this season. Outside of that it's all icing.

jeebus
01-26-2014, 06:39 PM
ya boy Ayres missed another pass today. Stone Hands McGee imho.
son I don't even really have to post about him anymore. the fact that his playing speaks for itself and the fact that the faggots upstairs bump his church thread after he scores a basket or gets a rebound speaks even more. :lol

the only thing I can really hope for right now is that Pop is playing him a lot, hoping some other GMs out there are as fucking retarded as upstairs spurfan, in order to showcase him as a "good backup". then trade his ass for an SF before the deadline. that's my wish but I don't think the spurs front office has the brain power to figure it out.

but for that to happen, his ass needs to be benched against any team that's close to .500 or better, because he sucks a great many dicks against those teams.

jeebus
01-26-2014, 06:41 PM
It's been a good season. That bench win over GS was epic (lol that last second heave by Chucker). Watching Lakers hopes go down the drain when their hero re-enlists for half the fuckin' cap was gorgeous, a thing of pure beauty. Seeing the deflecting here from alt named Laker fans wearing the virtual paper bag over their heads is worth the price of admission.

seeing capri in a constant meltdown since The Achilles has also been swell. not just melting down here but in especially in the club in virtually every thread.

HI-FI
01-26-2014, 06:46 PM
Even if you think the wheels did fall off and we can't beat any "good team", the Spurs are still posting a top 5 record in the league... if you don't wanna credit the Spurs for that, then you have to tell me the league is absolute shit.
Spurs have never given up, so they deserve credit. We'll see how things go if we can get healthy and if Parker can kick it up a notch. I do worry about Parker being gassed and choking in the playoffs per the par, but we're still competing so that is very good. However, the league is really shitty right now.

baseline bum
01-26-2014, 06:49 PM
I wish we could just fast-forward to the ECF. Indy vs Miami is about the only thing interesting about this season.

DMC
01-26-2014, 06:55 PM
Spurs have never given up, so they deserve credit. We'll see how things go if we can get healthy and if Parker can kick it up a notch. I do worry about Parker being gassed and choking in the playoffs per the par, but we're still competing so that is very good. However, the league is really shitty right now.

Not shitty, but imbalanced. Too much talent on too few teams, and much of that is for wasted facades of stacking.

New York - Carmelo, Amare, Chandler, Smith
Brooklyn - KG, Pierce, Williams, Johnson, AK47, Lopez
Lakers - Kobe, Nash, Gasol,
Clippers - CP3, Griffin, Jordan, Crawford

None of these teams will even seen the conference finals, and most won't see the playoffs.

If you took one or two players from each team and put them on teams that were close to being competitive, you'd have a better league. Teams that play the right way don't have the talent, and teams with the talent don't play the right way.

I've never seen the league as clustered with talent as it is now, and the majority of that talent isn't doing anything noteworthy.

Imagine Gasol with the Spurs, for example. Imagine the Blazers with TC, or Dallas with a Joe Johnson or Jamal Crawford.

Clipper Nation
01-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Not shitty, but imbalanced. Too much talent on too few teams, and much of that is for wasted facades of stacking.

None of these teams will even seen the conference finals, and most won't see the playoffs.

If you took one or two players from each team and put them on teams that were close to being competitive, you'd have a better league. Teams that play the right way don't have the talent, and teams with the talent don't play the right way.

I've never seen the league as clustered with talent as it is now, and the majority of that talent isn't doing anything noteworthy.

Imagine Gasol with the Spurs, for example. Imagine the Blazers with TC, or Dallas with a Joe Johnson or Jamal Crawford.

Sorry DMC, but that's a horrendous take.... firstly comparing a 31-15 team to three under .500 teams, and then acting like Dallas would be any better with Iso-Joe or Jamal when they already have a chucker in Monta Ellis :lol

timtonymanu
01-26-2014, 07:06 PM
son I don't even really have to post about him anymore. the fact that his playing speaks for itself and the fact that the faggots upstairs bump his church thread after he scores a basket or gets a rebound speaks even more. :lol

the only thing I can really hope for right now is that Pop is playing him a lot, hoping some other GMs out there are as fucking retarded as upstairs spurfan, in order to showcase him as a "good backup". then trade his ass for an SF before the deadline. that's my wish but I don't think the spurs front office has the brain power to figure it out.

but for that to happen, his ass needs to be benched against any team that's close to .500 or better, because he sucks a great many dicks against those teams.

The Errors situation is disturbing. Its like Pop is convinced he's a rotation player and now he's the 4th big on our team. Also upstairs is still believing in him and think his shitty play is gonna turn around (lol T Park).

lefty
01-26-2014, 07:32 PM
The NBA has been shit for years tbh

jeebus
01-26-2014, 07:47 PM
The Errors situation is disturbing. Its like Pop is convinced he's a rotation player and now he's the 4th big on our team. Also upstairs is still believing in him and think his shitty play is gonna turn around (lol T Park).
T Fag is probably Boylen in disguise. Either that or he/she/it's the most blind homer ever.

Brazil
01-26-2014, 07:48 PM
I enjoy this season tbh... 80% of the teams suck or are tanking, teams with a system and a decent coach can do miracles without having a 100M payroll.

lakers are a joke which is always good, Nyets have been comedy gold, boston is tanking, etc...

Not complaining

DMC
01-26-2014, 09:42 PM
Sorry DMC, but that's a horrendous take.... firstly comparing a 31-15 team to three under .500 teams, and then acting like Dallas would be any better with Iso-Joe or Jamal when they already have a chucker in Monta Ellis :lol

When did I compare those teams? I just showed the bulk of the talent on just a few teams. Clippers aren't going anywhere. You guys are just a facade of being a good team but you'll find a way to exit in the 1st or 2nd round again.

Dallas wouldn't be worse if they had another person who could get their own shots, and at least the talent would play on a team that had a shot at winning something. You'd be surprised what just one decent scorer can do for a team that's on the cusp. We've seen the Clippers and they aren't impressive, but they have the individual talent and size to help teams with real coaches and systems other than Ubuntu and "play harder".

Clipper Nation
01-26-2014, 09:49 PM
How is Dallas any more "on the cusp" than us? They're a borderline playoff team without Iso Joe or Jamal and I fail to see how they'd be significantly better with either one, tbh....

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2014, 09:55 PM
Every regular season is the same in the NBA, tbh..

This year isn't any different..the East has been terrible, but most fans of West teams don't even regularly watch East games to begin with..

The NBA regular season doesn't get exciting until post All-Star, and even that doesn't compare to the playoffs..the NBA regular season is largely meaningless, tbh..

Last year's season was an exception, due to Miami's win steak and the hilarity of the Lakers' having the most disappointing year in NBA history..

Juggity
01-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Any year where the Lakers are abysmal and breaking franchise records for mediocrity at least has potential to be fun imo.

Spurs still top 3 in west. Don't really care about the losses yet. If everyone is healthy by March and the Spurs are still losing to NBA elites, I'll have some doubts about the playoffs, but right now things are looking pretty good except for the injury issues.

It's been a decent season so far. Middle-tier overall.

TDMVPDPOY
01-26-2014, 10:14 PM
dont give me this bullshit if the spurs peaking now or need to SPAM peak....

cause a peak spurs team aint going to win shit, when ur hero pg keeps on folding under the same fkn strategy used against him from day 1....

Thread
01-26-2014, 10:28 PM
You know me I always worry about you guys. I thought I was toast last June. I never want to go thru that again. Ever. It was a living Hell. Sure, it ended up peaches & cream, but, that singular two month journey about drove me to commit sideways.

I do not believe you guys can cut the mustard any longer, but, by God, you can still lick the jar and I do not want you anywhere near (5) again. I treasure my 5-4 Kobe over the tired old shit bag Duncan. I'd like to hold onto it for like the rest of my life.

All my love,

- Dale

jeebus
01-26-2014, 10:40 PM
dont give me this bullshit if the spurs peaking now or need to SPAM peak....

cause a peak spurs team aint going to win shit, when ur hero pg keeps on folding under the same fkn strategy used against him from day 1....
rolf.

I remember when my first playoffs on this site and they had that dumbass SPAM banner in the sperm forum. After that fucker went up, 8 happened and it was never seen again.

HI-FI
01-26-2014, 10:45 PM
Every regular season is the same in the NBA, tbh..

This year isn't any different..the East has been terrible, but most fans of West teams don't even regularly watch East games to begin with..

The NBA regular season doesn't get exciting until post All-Star, and even that doesn't compare to the playoffs..the NBA regular season is largely meaningless, tbh..

Last year's season was an exception, due to Miami's win steak and the hilarity of the Lakers' having the most disappointing year in NBA history..

normally I would just follow NBA hardcore after All Star break, lurk this site and others, watch some of the big matchups along the way like on Christmas. I think that was a smarter idea, past two seasons I've watched almost every game and you realize why so many of these guys smoke up and coast so much, too many meaningless games.

some fair points from others too, maybe this season isn't that bad. Tbh, I never seen Lakers tank like this, considering they bragged about "reloading not rebuilding" forever.

TDMVPDPOY
01-26-2014, 10:46 PM
this season will no different to the previous 7

enrique being exposed
pop pulling out that french flag in the first quarter
funnel defense into duncan dont do shit anymore

what a fkn waste of duncan last 7 seasons, surrounding him with shit to play with

ballhogging is not a talent

DMC
01-26-2014, 11:04 PM
How is Dallas any more "on the cusp" than us? They're a borderline playoff team without Iso Joe or Jamal and I fail to see how they'd be significantly better with either one, tbh....

The Clippers are ringless because their owner doesn't believe in playing basketball to win championships. That's changed a bit lately but even now you can see the team doesn't play a winning brand of basketball despite having all that talent and athleticism.

Put it this way: Put Deandre Jordan and CP3 with Dirk in Dallas, bet they are tougher to deal with than the Clippers.

Rogue
01-26-2014, 11:26 PM

truth told tbh, though I wound't like the idea of getting a Johnson or Crawford on our team. We need a quality big first of all, so in that sense, I'd rather take big daddy TC back in Dallas over anyone at this moment. Imagine Blazers with a JJ or Jamal Crawford and Dallas with a healthy TC!!! We would be stacked and very close to our 11' level, and be a championship contender again immediately, mah NIGGA!!!

DMC
01-26-2014, 11:42 PM
Yeah I know Dallas needs a quality big but aside from TC I didn't see any in the list I gave. Lopez is decent but not the defender Chandler is. He also doesn't bring toughness to the team like TC does.