PDA

View Full Version : Best Vacation City in the US

DMC
01-26-2014, 07:08 PM
What's a good vacation city during the summer months, for a week or so, for two adults and no children? I'm looking at the East Coast just because I've not spent a lot of time there, but I'm open to suggestions. Big cities like LA and SF are out, though I do like SF for Fisherman's Wharf so it's not out of the question. I don't want to deal with crazy traffic or public transportation. I want to be able to drive where I want to go and park there.

I'd like a destination that has an international airport or at least located close enough to not make it a trek getting in and out. Somewhere with the ocean nearby (or the Gulf for that matter).

Thanks in advance

TSA
01-26-2014, 07:28 PM
Hard to pass up San Diego. If you're into IPA's, some of the best breweries in the country. 45 mins to the mountains if your in to that. Rosarito/puerta nueva are 30 mins away. Hot chicks. Deep sea fishing, hell I'll take you out if your here. Petco park is fun regardless of the product that's playing.

DMC
01-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Thanks, but I'm looking more at the East right now. Ever spent any time around Virginia Beach?

Brazil
01-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Not San Antonio for a start :lol

Brazil
01-26-2014, 07:31 PM
Why not Boston ? I really enjoyed the time I spent there

TSA
01-26-2014, 07:41 PM
Thanks, but I'm looking more at the East right now. Ever spent any time around Virginia Beach?

You want East coast East coast? Is Florida out? If I'm on vacation I need somewhere to fish. Was in Miami two months ago and was surprised at how cleaned up it had been since the last time I was there.

DJR210
01-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Miami?? Not too far from the Bahamas. .

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-26-2014, 07:52 PM
What's a good vacation city during the summer months, for a week or so, for two adults and no children? I'm looking at the East Coast just because I've not spent a lot of time there, but I'm open to suggestions. Big cities like LA and SF are out, though I do like SF for Fisherman's Wharf so it's not out of the question. I don't want to deal with crazy traffic or public transportation. I want to be able to drive where I want to go and park there.

I'd like a destination that has an international airport or at least located close enough to not make it a trek getting in and out. Somewhere with the ocean nearby (or the Gulf for that matter).

Thanks in advance

Ocean City, Maryland. Best crabs (not the STD kind) you'll ever eat in your life, and it's a pretty happening scene during the summer. You can drive pretty much everywhere and rent a house almost right on the beach. You would want to use public transportation for this, but you could also work in a day trip to DC.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 07:55 PM
Hope you and your boyfriend have a good time.

DJR210
01-26-2014, 07:56 PM

:lol

Def Rowe
01-26-2014, 07:57 PM
I always wondered why there aren't more cool vacation spots along the Texas coastline. I mean, there's the ocean, and there's sun... all you have is Galveston?

DMC
01-26-2014, 08:32 PM
You want East coast East coast? Is Florida out? If I'm on vacation I need somewhere to fish. Was in Miami two months ago and was surprised at how cleaned up it had been since the last time I was there.

I've fished every time on my anniversary trip, and might again, but I'm going to avoid the 100% fishing thing this time. Otherwise I'd hit the lake cabin again. I love Florida for fishing canals for peacock bass and the mangroves for snook and such. It's an anniversary thing, so I cannot just go do a me thing.

DMC
01-26-2014, 08:33 PM
I always wondered why there aren't more cool vacation spots along the Texas coastline. I mean, there's the ocean, and there's sun... all you have is Galveston?

There's a lot of stuff along the Texas coastline, Port Mansfield, South Padre, POC, all of it. Not very vacation like unless you're into poling the flats like me though.

DMC
01-26-2014, 08:34 PM

You can come along and be the x-factor.

rascal

Thanks in advance

Washington DC
Lots to see there.

DMC
Ocean City, Maryland. Best crabs (not the STD kind) you'll ever eat in your life, and it's a pretty happening scene during the summer. You can drive pretty much everywhere and rent a house almost right on the beach. You would want to use public transportation for this, but you could also work in a day trip to DC.

I've tried to avoid DC (Dark Country) for obvious reasons, though part of it are pretty cool.

DMC
01-26-2014, 08:36 PM
I think I'm going to do Virginia Beach. I might get a shot at a bull red if I surf fish, and there's some cool stuff. I've never spent much time there, so it will be a learning experience. I grew up in Florida so I know it pretty well already (love it though).

RD2191
01-26-2014, 08:36 PM
You can come along and be the x-factor.
No thanks, you should try Chris Bosh though, X-factor and a homo.

DMC
01-26-2014, 08:37 PM
No thanks, you should try Chris Bosh though, X-factor and a homo.

From one Aquarius to the other, go fuck your mother some more.

rascal
01-26-2014, 08:38 PM
I've tried to avoid DC (Dark Country) for obvious reasons, though part of it are pretty cool.

Get a hotel on the outskirts, Virginia(not that far) and drive into Washington, you shouldn't have any problems with (dark country). Spend a couple days in Washington and the rest at Viginia beach.

DMC
01-26-2014, 08:40 PM
Get a hotel on the outskirts, Virginia(not that far) and drive into Washington, you shouldn't have any problems with (dark country).

I'll be in VB so I might head that way one day.

RD2191
01-26-2014, 08:41 PM
From one Aquarius to the other, go fuck your mother some more.
Why are you getting all worked up? I'm just messing with you. Some of you take this shit way too seriously.

rascal
01-26-2014, 08:43 PM

Have you ever gone to Washington? Lots to see with all the Memorials and Museums and Ford's theatre.

The Reckoning
01-26-2014, 08:56 PM
i heard gulf shores is nice but haven't been there myself.

best place i ever went fishing was captiva in florida though. snook city.

DMC
01-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Have you ever gone to Washington? Lots to see with all the Memorials and Museums and Ford's theatre.

I've been through there, didn't stop.

DMC
01-26-2014, 09:18 PM
Why are you getting all worked up? I'm just messing with you. Some of you take this shit way too seriously.

I'm kidding as well, it's a Culburn schtick.

Koolaid_Man
01-26-2014, 10:27 PM

Thanks in advance

Martha's Vineyard was always nice...Ma and Pa always took care of their little koolio bambino...but be careful DMC...people will sniff you out for sure...they'll know that you don't really belong there...:lol but you will have a great time :toast

DMC
01-26-2014, 10:49 PM
Martha's Vineyard was always nice...Ma and Pa always took care of their little koolio bambino...but be careful DMC...people will sniff you out for sure...they'll know that you don't really belong there...:lol but you will have a great time :toast

Don't care for snooty white folk stuff, I can see why you would think it's something though.

Rogue
01-26-2014, 10:50 PM
NY is a big city but it's exactly the one you desire imho. The weather is rather cool through summer (given its latitude) and you wouldn't feel no inconvenience just because you don't have a car, because the subway system is so advanced there it would take you anywhere you want to go.

DMC
01-26-2014, 10:57 PM
NY is a big city but it's exactly the one you desire imho. The weather is rather cool through summer (given its latitude) and you wouldn't feel no inconvenience just because you don't have a car, because the subway system is so advanced there it would take you anywhere you want to go.

I don't want to go to a more congested place. That defeats the purpose of a vacation imo.

HI-FI
01-26-2014, 11:44 PM
I lived in a lot of places growing up but VB was my favorite, fwiw. And i'm not a outdoorsey type but it was a good fit for me, hope to return.

DPG21920
01-27-2014, 12:12 AM
Myrtle Beach

baseline bum
01-27-2014, 01:10 AM
Fuck the ocean; Jackson, WY nigga.

HarlemHeat37
01-27-2014, 01:17 AM
I was in VB last Summer, my girl's sister's boyfriend's parents own a beach house there, it was worth the hype, tbh..

Myrtle is a good suggestion, too..I haven't been in a minute, but it's been nice all 3 times that I've been..

Niagara Falls is surprisingly nice, tbh, although more of a tourist attraction..

In Canada, anywhere in BC is definitely worth seeing, everybody should visit at some point in their lives IMO..

Mark in Austin
01-27-2014, 01:32 AM
I know it's west coast but Seattle in July - August is spectacular.

tlongII
01-27-2014, 10:23 AM
I know it's west coast but Seattle in July - August is spectacular.

So is Portland. Best place in the world in summer.

lebomb
01-27-2014, 10:44 AM

Thanks in advance

Virginia Beach would be cool. Lots of history in that area. Lots of things to see and also do. I lived in Hampton when I was a kid. Loved going crabbing in the channel that ran behind our house. Many of the cities are very close as well.

djohn2oo8
01-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Seattle looks nice. Outside of the US though, I'd want to go to Toronto.

leemajors
01-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Heard good things about Asheville, mountains and Civil War sites nearby.

Spur|n|Austin
01-27-2014, 03:51 PM
Philly or Boston may too big for what you're looking for, but we had a blast on our trips to each; lots of history.

Rogue
01-27-2014, 08:36 PM
Seattle looks nice. Outside of the US though, I'd want to go to Toronto.
No recommendations of cities in your fatherland tbh? Like Beijing or Shanghai?

DMC
01-27-2014, 09:51 PM
I was in VB last Summer, my girl's sister's boyfriend's parents own a beach house there, it was worth the hype, tbh..

Myrtle is a good suggestion, too..I haven't been in a minute, but it's been nice all 3 times that I've been..

Niagara Falls is surprisingly nice, tbh, although more of a tourist attraction..

In Canada, anywhere in BC is definitely worth seeing, everybody should visit at some point in their lives IMO..

So technically you own a condo in VB.

DMC
01-27-2014, 09:53 PM
No recommendations of cities in your fatherland tbh? Like Beijing or Shanghai?

Foshan, home of Wing Chun and sifu Ip Man.

Rogue
01-27-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm about 100 times a fan of Taoism as I am a Buddhism fan, so I'd prefer Wudang Mountains to Foshan anyday ("Fo" means Buddha in chinese, "Shan" meaning Mountains), not to say that those Cantonese monkey's accents are irritating as hell.

HarlemHeat37
01-27-2014, 10:20 PM
So technically you own a condo in VB.

:lol I forgot about that shit, tbh..classic thread..

DMC
01-27-2014, 10:37 PM
I'm about 100 times a fan of Taoism as I am a Buddhism fan, so I'd prefer Wudang Mountains to Foshan anyday ("Fo" means Buddha in chinese, "Shan" meaning Mountains), not to say that those Cantonese monkey's accents are irritating as hell.

Not nearly as pleasant as how the Mandarin rolls off the tongue. Styles are similar, short choppy moves vs long, smooth fluid ones.

DMC
01-27-2014, 10:38 PM
:lol I forgot about that shit, tbh..classic thread..

See, you didn't even know you had a condo... now look at you.

mrsmaalox
01-28-2014, 10:29 AM
Savannah, Georgia. Very beautiful, lots of history, great beaches and some really fine restaurants. It's kind of like Charleston SC on a smaller scale; btw Charleston is wonderful too and has everything you want. For beach vacations I'd pick Myrtle Beach first, then Bethany or Rehoboth in Delaware---keep in mind those are very family friendly places, not much adult big city action happening there.

Suspect
01-28-2014, 10:47 AM
:cry Why are you getting all worked up? I'm just messing with you. Some of you take this shit way too seriously. :cry

The Gemini Method
01-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Hard to pass up San Diego. If you're into IPA's, some of the best breweries in the country. 45 mins to the mountains if your in to that. Rosarito/puerta nueva are 30 mins away. Hot chicks. Deep sea fishing, hell I'll take you out if your here. Petco park is fun regardless of the product that's playing.

SD is the deep sea fishing mecca for sure. Where do you usually go out of? I haven't been down to SD for fishing for 3 years. Is H&M still there? I last went on a 3 day trip and it sucked. We only got around 20 football yellowfins and a couple smallish Bluefin. Mostly, we had homeguard tails and a bunch of lings and other miscellaneous bottom fish.

xmas1997
01-28-2014, 12:08 PM
Most will probably say L.V. or N.O. are the best, but They are too commercial from my way of thinking.