PDA

View Full Version : Researchers find 300,000-year-old hearth in Israel

tlongII
01-28-2014, 01:35 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/01/28/researchers-find-300000-year-old-hearth-in-israel/?intcmp=features

http://global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/Scitech/ancient%20hearth.jpg
Qesem Cave near the central Israel town of Rosh Ha'ayin, with an arrow pointing to a 300,000-year-old hearth recently uncovered

They weren’t cooking brontosaurus burgers -- but maybe mammoth meat?

A team of researchers has uncovered the oldest hearth in Israel, a 300,000-year-old fire pit where prehistoric humans roasted ancient meats. Scientists estimate that humans discovered fire over a million years ago, and this find helps determine when our ancestors learned to cultivate it and use it as a tool, said Ruth Shahack-Gross of the Kimmel Center for Archeological Science at the Weizmann Institute of Science.

“These findings help us to fix an important turning point in the development of human culture – that in which humans first began to regularly use fire both for cooking meat and as a focal point – a sort of campfire – for social gatherings,” Shahack-Gross said in a press release.

“They also tell us something about the impressive levels of social and cognitive development of humans living some 300,000 years ago.”

The hearth was discovered in the Qesem Cave near the central Israel town of Rosh Ha’ayin, a spot archaeologists have plumbed for nearly 15 years. During recent work there, Shahack-Gross spied a thick deposit of wood ash, hardened and compressed over the centuries into sediment and buried in the center of the cave.

By taking thin slices of it and studying it under a microscope -- using a technique called infrared spectroscopy -- she and her colleagues Avi Gopher and Ran Barkai of Tel Aviv University determined that bits of bone and soil that had been heated to very high temperatures were mixed in with the ash.

There were also tiny but clear layers in the ash, which she called conclusive proof that the area had been the site of a large hearth that was used over and over again.

Around the hearth area they found flint tools that were clearly used for cutting meat -- early knives and forks, in a sense. Flint tools found just a few feet away had a different shape and were clearly designed for other activities.

Also in and around the area were burnt animal bones -- further evidence for use of the fire pit for cooking meat.

Blake
01-28-2014, 01:53 PM
But Israel is only 6000 years old.

tlongII
01-28-2014, 01:58 PM
Carbon dating can't be trusted!

The Gemini Method
01-28-2014, 02:20 PM
Were they adverse to pork as they are nowadays?

mrsmaalox
01-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Poor ol' Tlong, always trying to bring a little culture into the Club. :tu

I. Hustle
01-28-2014, 03:40 PM
But Israel is only 6000 years old.

Why do you keep saying that?

bigzak25
01-28-2014, 03:41 PM
but how was their brisket?

Blake
01-28-2014, 06:37 PM
Why do you keep saying that?

because it's funny that Christians believe it?

The Reckoning
01-28-2014, 07:04 PM
surprised someone hasn't made a genocide joke tbh... or is 300,000 years too soon?

xmas1997
01-28-2014, 09:42 PM

Link?
Or did you just pull that out your ass as you do practically everything else you post?
:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-28-2014, 09:56 PM
Link?
Or did you just pull that out your ass as you do practically everything else you post?

So the world being 5000-6000 years old isn't a commonly held Christian belief?

xmas1997
01-28-2014, 10:02 PM
So the world being 5000-6000 years old isn't a commonly held Christian belief?

First I ever heard of that being the case.
A lot of people like to make up up all sorts of silly stuff and then pawn it off as true or beliefs of this sect or that sect.
Blaming Christians is nothing new. May as well blame the Jews too, and the ancient American Indians while you're at it.:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-28-2014, 10:07 PM
A lot of people like to make up up all sorts of silly stuff and then pawn it off as true or beliefs of this sect or that sect.
Blaming Christians is nothing new. May as well blame the Jews too, and the ancient American Indians while you're at it.:lol

So you're admitting Christians are a group, possibly one of many groups, with a large population that thinks the world is 5,000-6,000 years old?

:lmao "First I ever heard of that being the case"

Maybe you should google the Scopes Trials.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-28-2014, 10:11 PM
http://disinfo.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/quiz.jpg

xmas1997
01-28-2014, 10:14 PM
Yuppers, a little human sacrificing never hurt anyone.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-28-2014, 10:21 PM
Fortunately, the school where that quiz was given lacked the funding to continue operations.

DMC
01-28-2014, 10:57 PM
Biblical discrepancies? The answer is simple, just pick one:

1. There are no discrepancies.
2. So called discrepancies are metaphors.
3. Those are bad translations of originals long ago lost.
4. Quit trying to figure them out. Reason is the devil's harlot, as Luther claimed.

Leetonidas
01-28-2014, 11:01 PM
http://disinfo.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/quiz.jpg

I would laugh but it's kind of sickening...smh especially at the last question of the one on the right

Blake
01-29-2014, 12:22 AM
Link?

Young Earth creationism*(YEC) is the*religious belief[1]*that the*Universe,*Earthand all*life on Earth*were created by direct acts of the*Abrahamic God*during a relatively short period, between 5,700 and 10,000 years ago.[2]*Its primary adherents are those*Christians*and*Jews[3]*who, using a*literal interpretation*of the*Genesis creation narrative*as a basis, believe that God created the Earth in six 24-hour days.[4][5]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_creationism

now it's your turn to link a post from me where I'm talking out of my ass.

cantthinkofanything
01-29-2014, 04:02 AM
Well I'm not uptight and I'm not your captive...

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2014, 05:49 AM
then how old is god?

Brazil
01-29-2014, 08:00 AM
then how old is god?

6,001 y/o ?

Brazil
01-29-2014, 08:02 AM
oh and it is not just the christians, the alternative design group (aliens stuff, man don't come from monkeys or fish... stuff) also believes that.... I think.

Mouse, come here and explain to us please

Rogue
01-29-2014, 08:18 AM
have no idea how old god is but I know how old goddess is, I know it even more clearly than I know my own birthday... goddess is 29yr old, born on November 22, 1984, in Greenwich Village, NY

Brazil
01-29-2014, 09:18 AM
have no idea how old god is but I know how old goddess is, I know it even more clearly than I know my own birthday... goddess is 29yr old, born on November 22, 1984, in Greenwich Village, NY

are you gonna spam every thread with Madam a French is doing my ass on a daily basis ?

Rogue
01-29-2014, 10:02 AM
maybe it's time for me to resume writing the goddess series so I'd have an outlet reopened for the uprising enthusiasm of literature and my forever strong affection for our goddess. But I do really have a lot of articles to write during this winter vacation, using only the limited time when I'm not posting on Spurstalk or playing some of my favorite video games.

Brazil
01-29-2014, 11:26 AM
maybe it's time for me to resume writing the goddess series so I'd have an outlet reopened for the uprising enthusiasm of literature and my forever strong affection for our goddess. But I do really have a lot of articles to write during this winter vacation, using only the limited time when I'm not posting on Spurstalk or playing some of my favorite video games.

good idea, keep your stuff in one thread and stop poluting every damn thread. Only you is able to post about whiny fake blond on a thread called

Researchers find 300,000-year-old hearth in Israel (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228454&p=7101099)

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 11:32 AM
Young Earth creationism*(YEC) is the*religious belief[1]*that the*Universe,*Earthand all*life on Earth*were created by direct acts of the*Abrahamic God*during a relatively short period, between 5,700 and 10,000 years ago.[2]*Its primary adherents are those*Christians*and*Jews[3]*who, using a*literal interpretation*of the*Genesis creation narrative*as a basis, believe that God created the Earth in six 24-hour days.[4][5]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_creationism

And you believe that crap from those crackpots?
Sad.
What makes you think they represent all Christians?
At best they are a religious sect on the lunatic fringe IMHO.

Relevancy
01-29-2014, 11:34 AM
who created life? i remember my astronomy teacher telling me we came from crashing meteors is it true?

Blake
01-29-2014, 12:08 PM
And you believe that crap from those crackpots?
Sad.
What makes you think they represent all Christians?
At best they are a religious sect on the lunatic fringe IMHO.

of course I don't believe their crap.

Christianity is based on the Bible. If you do the Bible math, the earth was created +/- 6 thousand years ago.

Christians only want to take the Bible literally when it suits them in order to mold it into their particular belief system. That's one reason it fails so badly.

Still waiting on your link to where I'm talking out of my ass.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 12:22 PM
of course I don't believe their crap.

Christianity is based on the Bible. If you do the Bible math, the earth was created +/- 6 thousand years ago.

Christians only want to take the Bible literally when it suits them in order to mold it into their particular belief system. That's one reason it fails so badly.

Still waiting on your link to where I'm talking out of my ass.

That link is obviously stuck somewhere deep up your ass! :lol Go look there.
You like to lump all Christians together in one tight little wad, but the reality is you can't do that if you have even a shred of intelligence.
That is what makes me and most others question your intelligence.
I assure you most Catholics rarely take the Bible literally, but you should have known this already.
But since this escapes your reality of things and doesn't fit nicely with your debunking BS theories, you conveniently disregard that.
Conditioned ignorance.

Blake
01-29-2014, 01:04 PM
That link is obviously stuck somewhere deep up your ass! :lol Go look there.

so you were just talking out of your ass.

It's not the first time you've talked out of it, hypocrite.

You like to lump all Christians together in one tight little wad, but the reality is you can't do that if you have even a shred of intelligence.
That is what makes me and most others question your intelligence.
I assure you most Catholics rarely take the Bible literally, but you should have known this already.
But since this escapes your reality of things and doesn't fit nicely with your debunking BS theories, you conveniently disregard that.
Conditioned ignorance.

Catholics used to take the Bible very literally. But as science has evolved and the masses started educating themselves, they became forced to change their stance on many key issues in science.

and now I'm also going to need a link to the "most others" that question my intelligence on the subject of christianity.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 01:34 PM
so you were just talking out of your ass.

It's not the first time you've talked out of it, hypocrite.

Catholics used to take the Bible very literally. But as science has evolved and the masses started educating themselves, they became forced to change their stance on many key issues in science.

and now I'm also going to need a link to the "most others" that question my intelligence on the subject of christianity.

No, just taking a lesson out of the Blake book of nonsensical comments, where by the way you will find the rest of your links.
And the link is SpursTalk The Club. Pick any thread you post in.

I. Hustle
01-29-2014, 02:09 PM

I don't think you are TOTALLY correct. At least in the sense that all Christians believe this. I'm not going to get into ANOTHER religious debate. I think it's funny that you are on a "crusade" to prove these people wrong. I know for a FACT that not all Christians deny the existence of dinosaurs and that no all believe your 5,000 or 6,000 year old earth deal.

I know that I've showed you this before but because it is so annoying that you always have to fight with these people I will show you again.
II Peter 3:8
Yes I am using the bible as a reference because that is what they believe in and it is in reference to your belief that all Christians believe the 5,000 year myth.

I. Hustle
01-29-2014, 02:12 PM

I don't question your intelligence but I do question your knowledge of the subject. It has nothing to do with that Xmas guy though.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 02:16 PM
I don't question your intelligence but I do question your knowledge of the subject. It has nothing to do with that Xmas guy though.

Hmm, rather backhanded compliment toward me there, but you basically said the same as I did.
Some people are very blind about certain things thus leading to ignorant comments. Blake is good at this sort of thing as we all know from past posts on here.

I. Hustle
01-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Hmm, rather backhanded compliment toward me there, but you basically said the same as I did.
Some people are very blind about certain things thus leading to ignorant comments. Blake is good at this sort of thing as we all know from past posts on here.

Neither a compliment or a diss. I just meant that I was questioning him on my own. What I meant was that I am not ganging up on him with you.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Neither a compliment or a diss. I just meant that I was questioning him on my own. What I meant was that I am not ganging up on him with you.

I fully understand and applaud you on your attempt to be neutral, but it won't make any difference to him unfortunately.
Blake, as we all know, has his own religious agenda to espouse, and it has nothing to do with rational thinking.

cantthinkofanything
01-29-2014, 02:27 PM

you guys are ganging up on Blake? I might be open to watching. Let me know. I could jizz on his face while you guys double penetrate his butt.

Blake
01-29-2014, 02:35 PM
I don't think you are TOTALLY correct. At least in the sense that all Christians believe this. I'm not going to get into ANOTHER religious debate. I think it's funny that you are on a "crusade" to prove these people wrong. I know for a FACT that not all Christians deny the existence of dinosaurs and that no all believe your 5,000 or 6,000 year old earth deal.

I know that I've showed you this before but because it is so annoying that you always have to fight with these people I will show you again.
II Peter 3:8
Yes I am using the bible as a reference because that is what they believe in and it is in reference to your belief that all Christians believe the 5,000 year myth.

if they don't believe Genesis, why should they buy into Peter?

I also know Christians that pick and choose what they want to believe from the Bible.

Blake
01-29-2014, 02:39 PM
Hmm, rather backhanded compliment toward me there

your reading comprehension skills completely suck

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 02:42 PM

I also know Christians that pick and choose what they want to believe from the Bible.

And what is wrong with picking and choosing?
Seems to me that would be the most logical and rational thing to do.
But you seem to have some sort of anal problem with that to the point of it being an obsession with you, if going by your past posts are any indication.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 02:45 PM
your reading comprehension skills completely suck

Also seems to me that the real reason you keep accusing me of the same old boring rant is because you are envious of my reading comprehension skills.
Otherwise you should have been confidant with your reply the first time you made it and not have to keep convincing yourself that it is true.

Blake
01-29-2014, 02:47 PM

I know you do. But really, there's scarcely a question about the Bible that can't be answered by the google. You're just too lazy to find such answers.

Blake
01-29-2014, 02:47 PM

I know you do. But really, there's scarcely a question about the Bible that can't be answered by the google. You're just too lazy to find such answers.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 02:49 PM
And it was necessary to post the same thing twice?

Blake
01-29-2014, 02:49 PM
Also seems to me that the real reason you keep accusing me of the same old boring rant is because you are envious of my reading comprehension skills.
Otherwise you should have been confidant with your reply the first time you made it and not have to keep convincing yourself that it is true.

Dude you just thought someone complimented you when nobody else thought that. Now you think I'm jealous of you.

You're insane.

gnsf0946
01-29-2014, 02:51 PM
But you seem to have some sort of anal problem with that to the point of it being an obsession with you, if going by your past posts are any indication.

So you believe Earth is more than 6000 years old because it's logical (scientifically proven) and yet you have no problem believing in God who impregnated a "virgin" to give birth to a man who can raise people from the dead and turn water into wine?

For me it's equally silly to believe in the first part of the above sentence as it is to believe in the second one.

Blake
01-29-2014, 02:52 PM
And it was necessary to post the same thing twice?

you're just not bright.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Dude you just thought someone complimented you when nobody else thought that. Now you think I'm jealous of you.

You're insane.

Truth hurt, huh? Now you want me to be insane?
No need to get your hackles in an uproar about it, it was all in fun.

cantthinkofanything
01-29-2014, 02:54 PM
Bwake is a fag. He and that prison guard dude used to hand job each other.

Blake
01-29-2014, 02:54 PM

lol

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 02:57 PM
So you believe Earth is more than 6000 years old because it's logical (scientifically proven) and yet you have no problem believing in God who impregnated a "virgin" to give birth to a man who can raise people from the dead and turn water into wine?

For me it's equally silly to believe in the first part of the above sentence as it is to believe in the second one.

Nothing is impossible. Just because we can't understand something does not make it irrational or impossible. If we can conceive of the idea in our imaginations then it is a possibility.
I remind you that once upon a time the earth was thought to be flat, there are a myriad of examples.

Blake
01-29-2014, 02:58 PM
Truth hurt, huh? Now you want me to be insane?
No need to get your hackles in an uproar about it, it was all in fun.

Your posts are incoherent, illogical and obsessive. I'm just pointing it out to you. For fun, tbh.

xmas1997
lol
Typical, laugh at logic and rationality.

I. Hustle

It's not picking and choosing. Again it's the perception of time. If you were immortal and lived for hundreds, thousands or millions of years then what is a couple of days to you?

I. Hustle
01-29-2014, 02:59 PM

I'm not asking for answers though.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Your posts are incoherent, illogical and obsessive. I'm just pointing it out to you. For fun, tbh.

Not really, I am just poking holes in your ridiculous statements and it bugs you.
Be honest for a change.

gnsf0946
01-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Nothing is impossible. Just because we can't understand something does not make it irrational or impossible. If we can conceive of the idea in our imaginations then it is a possibility.
I remind you that once upon a time the earth was thought to be flat, there are a myriad of examples.

I don't disregard the possibility of there being something that created the universe but I doubt that "thing" cares if we have sex with someone before we do a ritual called "wedding", swear, steal, just to name a few.

Blake
01-29-2014, 03:07 PM
Typical, laugh at logic and rationality.

Rofl

Blake
01-29-2014, 03:08 PM
Not really, I am just poking holes in your ridiculous statements and it bugs you.
Be honest for a change.

you're an idiot. Honest.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 03:08 PM
By the way, which Blake are you today?

Blake
01-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Bwake is a fag. He and that prison guard dude used to hand job each other.

I forget how I got you butthurt. Remind me so I can lol. K, thanks.

Blake
01-29-2014, 03:13 PM
I'm not asking for answers though.

I do question your knowledge of the subject.

Make up your mind.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 03:15 PM

You see, that is your problem, and your downfall, you like to get people butthurt, you think it is fun.
And yet you call me insane.
Go examine yourself in the mirror, and while you're at it examine your motivations.
Unfortunately you are no more than a very little man who could have been so much more. It's a shame, really.
But while you continue on this negative path, there will be those of us who will call you out for your pathetic BS.
Now that is true amusement.

cantthinkofanything
01-29-2014, 03:18 PM

I don't remember. Probably your mom shoved her fingers in my butt while we were 69'ing. But I really don't remember.

Blake
01-29-2014, 03:35 PM
You see, that is your problem, and your downfall, you like to get people butthurt, you think it is fun.
And yet you call me insane.
Go examine yourself in the mirror, and while you're at it examine your motivations.
Unfortunately you are no more than a very little man who could have been so much more. It's a shame, really.
But while you continue on this negative path, there will be those of us who will call you out for your pathetic BS.
Now that is true amusement.

yeah, I'm gonna need a link to my downfall.

Otherwise, you're just talking out of your ass again.

Blake
01-29-2014, 03:36 PM
I don't remember. Probably your mom shoved her fingers in my butt while we were 69'ing. But I really don't remember.

sure

I. Hustle
01-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Make up your mind.

So I can question your knowledge using google? How can I google what YOU know? That didn't make sense. My point was that I am not questioning anything religious. I believe what I believe regardless of what you, google or religious fanatics say.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 03:41 PM
yeah, I'm gonna need a link to my downfall.

Otherwise, you're just talking out of your ass again.

You want a link? Then go read the great majority of your posts.
It doesn't take rocket science to be able to predict your inevitable downfall.
In fact, you're probably in the midst of it even now as you post but unable to read the handwriting on the wall.
Did it begin with your ex-wife?
Think about it.
It's never too late to change your ways.

I. Hustle
01-29-2014, 03:42 PM

Does she do that to everyone? Geez, last time I couldn't sit down for a week because of those damned arthritic hands of hers.

cantthinkofanything
01-29-2014, 03:42 PM
sure

sorry to be so vague but it was her and Jewel. i can't remember who put their fingers in my butt.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 03:43 PM
So I can question your knowledge using google? How can I google what YOU know? That didn't make sense. My point was that I am not questioning anything religious. I believe what I believe regardless of what you, google or religious fanatics say.

I don't want to appear to be ganging up on him, but I believe what I believe for many of the same reasons and regardless of anyone.
Just saying.

I. Hustle
01-29-2014, 03:45 PM
I don't want to appear to be ganging up on him, but I believe what I believe for many of the same reasons and regardless of anyone.
Just saying.

Then my question to you is the same question I have for Blake. If you are going to believe what you believe regardless of what anyone else says or thinks, why make such a big fuss?

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 03:51 PM
Then my question to you is the same question I have for Blake. If you are going to believe what you believe regardless of what anyone else says or thinks, why make such a big fuss?

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't aware that I was making such a big fuss. I made a simple statement about how not all Christians were believing what he claimed we ALL believe and left it at that.
The rest were comments about this particular Blakes actions and words and comments in these threads.

cantthinkofanything
01-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Does she do that to everyone? Geez, last time I couldn't sit down for a week because of those damned arthritic hands of hers.

yeah. I'm not 100% sure...been on the hydrocordone train. Her fingers ares ginormis. Like shoving a baby arm up your ass. It feelk OK though. Buit you need to be ready to whatever. I was lucky enough to sell some stool to Maxi Priest.

I. Hustle
01-29-2014, 03:54 PM
To be perfectly honest, I wasn't aware that I was making such a big fuss. I made a simple statement about how not all Christians were believing what he claimed we ALL believe and left it at that.
The rest were comments about this particular Blakes actions and words and comments in these threads.

I know but you and him passive aggressive argue back and forth and pretend to be laughing it off. It's like emo fighting.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/1956251/des-vs-nate-emo-fight-o.gif

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 03:55 PM
I believe everyone has a right to believe whatever they want. To me that somewhat defines a part of free will. And I rarely criticize someones beliefs.
A persons beliefs are a very subjective and personal thing.

The Gemini Method
01-29-2014, 03:55 PM
I. hustle with the emo goods...

cantthinkofanything
01-29-2014, 03:58 PM
I. hustle with the emo goods...

I.hustle pulls good tail. I thinks he's retarded but he has hot girlfriends. You should axe for pictures.

spurraider21
01-29-2014, 04:01 PM
It's not picking and choosing. Again it's the perception of time. If you were immortal and lived for hundreds, thousands or millions of years then what is a couple of days to you?
That's weak. If it wasn't a day, then why would the book say "day." They could have given an alternate measure of time or just said "some time later." No. They said day. Again even THAT is pickin and choosing. I'll take "this" part literally but the not the word "day"

I. Hustle
01-29-2014, 04:03 PM
That's weak. If it wasn't a day, then why would the book say "day." They could have given an alternate measure of time or just said "some time later." No. They said day. Again even THAT is pickin and choosing. I'll take "this" part literally but the not the word "day"

LOL

The anger is strong with this one.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 04:03 PM
I know but you and him passive aggressive argue back and forth and pretend to be laughing it off. It's like emo fighting.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/1956251/des-vs-nate-emo-fight-o.gif

As far as I am concerned it is nothing personal between him and me. He likes to slam me for whatever reasons he has, probably an old feud or argument that we got into.
I take the time to call him out on his BS because he claims he insults and tries to get people butthurt for fun.
That is a bit sick IMHO. Who knows, maybe if he gets called out enough he will change his ways and begin to act like a decent individual.
In any case, an asshole needs to be called out IMHO.

spurraider21
01-29-2014, 04:05 PM
LOL

The anger is strong with this one.
Translation: hmm I can't address that point so I'm going to say "lol" and deflect

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 04:07 PM
However, I am not quite sure I answered your question to me.

The Gemini Method
01-29-2014, 04:11 PM
I.hustle pulls good tail. I thinks he's retarded but he has hot girlfriends. You should axe for pictures.

I trust Hustle gets the bomb ish--I'm not doubting that. I'll take witness account as currency enough to know so. Thanks for the validation, though.

I. Hustle
01-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Translation: hmm I can't address that point so I'm going to say "lol" and deflect

No translation: we are going to go around in circles. I am not going to change my stance and you aren't going to change yours. All I am going to do is reiterate the same thing and so are you.

Blake
01-29-2014, 04:24 PM
So I can question your knowledge using google? How can I google what YOU know? That didn't make sense.

if I say something that you want to call bull shit on, then it would make sense to at least google it or ask for a link/source.

It's a pretty simple thing to do, but you're too lazy to really want answers to your questioning.

My point was that I am not questioning anything religious. I believe what I believe regardless of what you, google or religious fanatics say.

Good for you.

take it or leave it, but my two cents is that if you care that much, then instead of questioning my knowledge, question and intensely scrutinize your own belief system. See if it holds it own against logic, science and history.

If you find that it does, please let me know.

Blake
01-29-2014, 04:27 PM
You want a link? Then go read the great majority of your posts.

Nope. Gonna need a specific link or you are just ass talking. Again.

Blake
01-29-2014, 04:32 PM

Why the lousy assumption.

And all I did was crack a lame joke at John Q Christian's expense. You're the one fussing about it.

I. Hustle
01-29-2014, 04:37 PM
if I say something that you want to call bull shit on, then it would make sense to at least google it or ask for a link/source.

It's a pretty simple thing to do, but you're too lazy to really want answers to your questioning.

Good for you.

take it or leave it, but my two cents is that if you care that much, then instead of questioning my knowledge, question and intensely scrutinize your own belief system. See if it holds it own against logic, science and history.

If you find that it does, please let me know.

Why? If I believe that we are all descendants of a group of nomadic space aliens then why should it bother you? If I believe that we evolved from a spore of mold that mixed with water and a dying insect then why should it make sense? Logic, science and history all have their flaws as well. I'm not saying that either is right and I am not saying that they are both wrong. My problem is that people like you and the ones that shove their beliefs (christians included) down others' throats don't understand that y'all are basically the same type of person.

I. Hustle
01-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Why the lousy assumption.

And all I did was crack a lame joke at John Q Christian's expense. You're the one fussing about it.

It's not just about this one thread. Don't act so stupid.

Blake
01-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Why? If I believe that we are all descendants of a group of nomadic space aliens then why should it bother you? If I believe that we evolved from a spore of mold that mixed with water and a dying insect then why should it make sense? Logic, science and history all have their flaws as well. I'm not saying that either is right and I am not saying that they are both wrong. My problem is that people like you and the ones that shove their beliefs (christians included) down others' throats don't understand that y'all are basically the same type of person.

for personal edification. If that's not your thing, I really don't care. Leave the two cents.

The difference between me and a Christian is that I want to keep the Christians belief system out of the realm of politics and public education; the issues usually being science and morality.

I don't have a belief system to shove down anyone's throat.

But why the long paragraph asking me a question? You made it clear you are going to believe what you believe and that's that.

Two cents again: make up your mind, tbh.

Blake
01-29-2014, 04:50 PM
It's not just about this one thread. Don't act so stupid.

true. You fussed in other threads too.

I. Hustle
01-29-2014, 05:06 PM
true. You fussed in other threads too.

I don't deny it. You take it to a whole other level though. I throw in a few things here and there but you and some others go pages and pages with your content alone. Most of it just running in cirlces.

I. Hustle
01-29-2014, 05:13 PM
for personal edification. If that's not your thing, I really don't care. Leave the two cents.

The difference between me and a Christian is that I want to keep the Christians belief system out of the realm of politics and public education; the issues usually being science and morality.

I don't have a belief system to shove down anyone's throat.

But why the long paragraph asking me a question? You made it clear you are going to believe what you believe and that's that.

Two cents again: make up your mind, tbh.

Again, I just asked why it should bother you not if it was right or not. You say the difference is that you want it out of politics and public education. How is anything that you have argued about on here affecting any of that? I thought this thread was about some hearth that was found. I doubt Obama is reading this or that the nearest School District is reading and putting what xmas is saying in any books.

You do have a belief system that you constantly shove down people's throats. Believing in something isn't necessarily contained to religion.

Your first sentence is all you needed to put.

Blake
01-29-2014, 05:18 PM
I don't deny it. You take it to a whole other level though. I throw in a few things here and there but you and some others go pages and pages with your content alone. Most of it just running in cirlces.

Why does it bother you if I run in circles

Blake
01-29-2014, 05:29 PM
Again, I just asked why it should bother you not if it was right or not.

It bothers me because it's not right.

You say the difference is that you want it out of politics and public education. How is anything that you have argued about on here affecting any of that? I thought this thread was about some hearth that was found. I doubt Obama is reading this or that the nearest School District is reading and putting what xmas is saying in any books.

You do have a belief system that you constantly shove down people's throats. Believing in something isn't necessarily contained to religion.

Actually, I have a non belief system and you're the one that keeps asking me questions about, genius.

if you're tired of it being shoved down your throat, then close your mouth and stop asking for more.

spurraider21
01-29-2014, 05:33 PM
No translation: we are going to go around in circles. I am not going to change my stance and you aren't going to change yours. All I am going to do is reiterate the same thing and so are you.
Woah woah slow down cowboy. I never asked you to change views nor am I actually arguing if its real or not (that argument never goes anywhere). I'm pointing out an inconsistency in an argument. You said "it's not picking and choosing" right before you decide to not take the word "day" literally

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 05:38 PM

I don't think I could have said it better myself.
The problem arises when an idiot like one of the many Blakes decide to troll and take what you say out of context and then proceed to twist it around until he gets his perverse kicks out of his BS and then tries to attest it to you.
It is amusing that he tries so hard and yet rarely gets anywhere fast.
Thus I call him on it and he gets pissed and tries to make up for it, pathetically I might add.
It is what it is, but the bottom line is that he wants to push his beliefs, or non-beliefs, on others even if they don't push theirs on anyone.
And then claim "foul" when challenged on it. I call him on it every time as do a few others on here.
The only pleasure I get from it is seeing an asshole get what they dish out, only more so.
It is amusing seeing him try to wriggle his way out of his own trap.:lol

Blake
01-29-2014, 06:59 PM
the many Blakes decide to troll and take what you say out of context and then proceed to twist it around until he gets his perverse kicks out of his BS

The only pleasure I get from it is seeing an asshole get what they dish out, only more so.

what kind of sicko gets pleasure out of this.

Perv.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 07:02 PM

Perv.

Since I was referring to you, you should ask yourself, not me.
You have the problem, not I, sir.

Rogue
01-29-2014, 08:21 PM
good idea, keep your stuff in one thread and stop poluting every damn thread. Only you is able to post about whiny fake blond on a thread called

Researchers find 300,000-year-old hearth in Israel (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228454&p=7101099)

Goddess is half Jewish so a thread relating to Israel isn't completely off-topic for her imho. Not to say Goddess has just recently become the ambassador of an Israeli brand - sodastream, though her sodastream ad was banned from the superbowl by fox... fuck FOX :ihit: Goddess ought to get smart and switch to the right, so her approval rate would dramatically increase as Obama's decreases tbh

Blake
01-29-2014, 08:59 PM
Since I was referring to you, you should ask yourself, not me.
You have the problem, not I, sir.

Were you home schooled?

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 10:00 PM
Were you home schooled?

Was I?

mouse
01-29-2014, 10:03 PM
oh and it is not just the christians, the alternative design group (aliens stuff, man don't come from monkeys or fish... stuff) also believes that.... I think.

Mouse, come here and explain to us please

Will you finally admit why you have always been a douche towards me?

Will I finally know the answer to a long riddle?

Will you be able to debate like an adult?

you must answer at least two of the three questions.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 10:08 PM
Don't count on any of the Blakes going to the GTG even though they all live in San Antonio.
They're apparently antisocial.

mouse
01-29-2014, 10:23 PM
have no idea how old god is

Then demand to see proof of the birth certificate.

mouse
01-29-2014, 10:49 PM
Don't count on any of the Blakes going to the GTG even though they all live in San Antonio.
They're apparently antisocial.

They will show up if you bribe them. I bet if we each paid 50 dollars each we can get one of them to show up for at least 59 minutes.

I got my 25......we just need 100.00 more from you,....BigSnack,..Joe Chalupa, and Big Al.

Oceans 5 of 1999

http://mailbling.com/slo02.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-29-2014, 10:58 PM

:lol picking and choosing the parts of the bible they like/don't like is what Christians are all about :lol

The Westboro Baptists are the only Christians who actually listen to the whole bible.

mouse
01-29-2014, 11:24 PM
I don't question your intelligence

first mistake.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/MIT-on-Evolution/th_Proof-of-Alternative-design.jpg (http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/MIT-on-Evolution/Proof-of-Alternative-design.mp4)

Brazil
01-30-2014, 07:54 AM
Will you finally admit why you have always been a douche towards me?

Will I finally know the answer to a long riddle?

Will you be able to debate like an adult?

you must answer at least two of the three questions.

I can answer all tbh

1. ya I have been a total douche towards you really... sorry brah :cry

2. not sure I understood the question tbh, a long riddle ?

3. I always debate like an adult

do I have a cookie now I answered the three questions ?

I. Hustle
01-30-2014, 08:40 AM
It bothers me because it's not right.

Actually, I have a non belief system and you're the one that keeps asking me questions about, genius.

if you're tired of it being shoved down your throat, then close your mouth and stop asking for more.

Again, belief in something isn't just for people that are religious. You can believe in scientific theories as well. Or do you not get that?

I. Hustle
01-30-2014, 08:42 AM

Perv.

for personal edification.

Blake
01-30-2014, 09:40 AM
Again, belief in something isn't just for people that are religious. You can believe in scientific theories as well. Or do you not get that?

so you're saying believing in testable scientific theories = believing in an imaginary magic dad from outer space.

do you get why I might lol at this notion?

I. Hustle
01-30-2014, 10:51 AM
so you're saying believing in testable scientific theories = believing in an imaginary magic dad from outer space.

do you get why I might lol at this notion?

Yes, I am actually saying that. I get your lol because you disagree with the second portion. What you are failing to understand though is that, to the individual, the belief is just as strong. Not sure why that is so hard for you to understand. I don't think I can make it any easier.

Blake believes in scientific THEORIES

xmas believes in his RELIGION

both believe in something different but just as strongly. The beliefs are different but the way the person feels about their belief is the same.

The point is, neither of you can say there is any DOCUMENTED evidence as to what truly happened when the world began so you both choose a theory. Yes, one can say the bible is their truth and the other can go off of scientific data. Neither is concrete but both are used as a basis for their belief.

You want to say that "testable scientific theories" holds more credibility but in the end it is still a... theory. Just like you like to point out discrepencies and inconsistencies in the bible there are just as many, if not more, in science. If you can tell me that without a doubt how the earth was made and we came into existence or how the dinosaurs suddenly died out then I'll be shocked and amazed.

tlongII
01-30-2014, 11:18 AM
Yes, I am actually saying that. I get your lol because you disagree with the second portion. What you are failing to understand though is that, to the individual, the belief is just as strong. Not sure why that is so hard for you to understand. I don't think I can make it any easier.

both believe in something different but just as strongly. The beliefs are different but the way the person feels about their belief is the same.

The point is, neither of you can say there is any DOCUMENTED evidence as to what truly happened when the world began so you both choose a theory. Yes, one can say the bible is their truth and the other can go off of scientific data. Neither is concrete but both are used as a basis for their belief.

You want to say that "testable scientific theories" holds more credibility but in the end it is still a... theory. Just like you like to point out discrepencies and inconsistencies in the bible there are just as many, if not more, in science. If you can tell me that without a doubt how the earth was made and we came into existence or how the dinosaurs suddenly died out then I'll be shocked and amazed.

It definitely IS more credible. I'm at a loss to understand how you could think otherwise. There is ample evidence of how the earth began and science continually refines its understanding. There is no such testing of biblical theories. It is merely accepted by orthodox Christians. That is ridiculous in my opinion.

Blake
01-30-2014, 11:35 AM

Wow. Lol, that's such an incredibly ignorant take, I'm not sure how much of that I really want to respond to.

The only thing I would rhetorically ask is that if the Bible says God is perfect (it does) but you can find flaws in the Bible (you just admitted you can), why would you give any amount of credibility to the Bible?

I. Hustle
01-30-2014, 11:44 AM
It definitely IS more credible. I'm at a loss to understand how you could think otherwise. There is ample evidence of how the earth began and science continually refines its understanding. There is no such testing of biblical theories. It is merely accepted by orthodox Christians. That is ridiculous in my opinion.

Wow. Lol, that's such an incredibly ignorant take, I'm not sure how much of that I really want to respond to.

The only thing I would rhetorically ask is that if the Bible says God is perfect (it does) but you can find flaws in the Bible (you just admitted you can), why would you give any amount of credibility to the Bible?

It's ridiculous only because you are narrow minded. It's your views and nothing else.
Tlong - you said "science continually refines its understanding". If it is continually refining anything then there is no CONCRETE evidence. You can't prove that to me. My point wasn't JUST how earth began but how we came to be.

Blake - I never said I gave credibility to either. My argument wasn't about one being right over the other. My argument was that people are free to believe what they want. I thought I proved that in the nomadic space aliens and spore thing that I said but I guess it's still too difficult for you to understand.

What you two are failing to realize because of your one track minds is that I am not arguing FOR the bible or any religion. My argument is that the beliefs of religious people (not just Christian) are just as strong as your beliefs in science. All you see is someone disagreeing with you and you automatically think I am a religious zealot. If you read any of my other posts that are far from this tpic you will see that I am not.

xmas1997
01-30-2014, 11:44 AM

But therein lies the disagreement, not that I believe, but HOW I believe, which does not follow his script for Christians. I pick and choose what I believe and that was shaped long ago. IMHO most discriminating and intelligent Christians, or at least the ones I know, do this.
I am more a follower of scientific method than I am of any book that purports to be the truth just because a select few say it does. The Bible is just the Bible and IMHO no greater or lesser than the other great books about God. And most intelligent Christians have more sense than to interpret it LITERALLY, but that does not satisfy Blake.
If he would get the truth of the matter of what I've been saying rather than what he wants me to say, then he would maybe understand where I'm coming from, although I doubt it.
I am not arguing for or against Religion nor Science. Neither he nor you get that.
I am arguing for Science as much as I am for discrimination when it comes to all things pertaining to God.

Sportcamper
01-30-2014, 12:13 PM
The Bible is just the Bible and IMHO no greater or lesser than the other great books about God. And most intelligent Christians have more sense than to interpret it LITERALLY

Painful…Just painful…

There is no such thing as the science of creation. There is no such thing. It does not exist… Because there is no scientific way to explain creation… It was not a natural event or a series of natural events… It was a brief series of monumental super-natural events that cannot be explained by science... And so, there is no such thing as the science of creation... All science is based on observation and no one observed creation… All science necessitates verification by repetition and creation cannot be repeated, and thus it cannot be verified…

Creation had no observers and cannot be repeated... It is not observable… It is not repeatable… It did not happen by any uniform, predictable, observable, repeatable, fixed, natural, laws… None of it happened according to any of those things… It is just the opposite of that… Creation was a series of supernatural instantaneous, inexplicable miracles...supernatural…That is why there is nowhere in the Genesis account any place where evolution is mentioned or even hinted at… There are no natural processes in creation… They are all supernatural... Evolution was not the means or a means by which God created, it was all supernatural and miraculous... There’s only one record of creation, Genesis 1 and 2. You can believe it or you can reject it, but that’s all there is…

xmas1997
01-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Painful…Just painful…

There is no such thing as the science of creation. There is no such thing. It does not exist… Because there is no scientific way to explain creation… It was not a natural event or a series of natural events… It was a brief series of monumental super-natural events that cannot be explained by science... And so, there is no such thing as the science of creation... All science is based on observation and no one observed creation… All science necessitates verification by repetition and creation cannot be repeated, and thus it cannot be verified…

Creation had no observers and cannot be repeated... It is not observable… It is not repeatable… It did not happen by any uniform, predictable, observable, repeatable, fixed, natural, laws… None of it happened according to any of those things… It is just the opposite of that… Creation was a series of supernatural instantaneous, inexplicable miracles...supernatural…That is why there is nowhere in the Genesis account any place where evolution is mentioned or even hinted at… There are no natural processes in creation… They are all supernatural... Evolution was not the means or a means by which God created, it was all supernatural and miraculous... There’s only one record of creation, Genesis 1 and 2. You can believe it or you can reject it, but that’s all there is…

And you are more than welcome to have that opinion, or belief.
I am not trying to convince you of mine, I am just stating what mine is, and not trying to convince you otherwise, no more and no less.

tlongII
01-30-2014, 01:50 PM
Painful…Just painful…

I reject it obviously. It is ridiculous.

xmas1997
01-30-2014, 01:58 PM
I reject it obviously. It is ridiculous.

And that is your perfect right to do.
I reject it in a LITERAL sense.