PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Laker fans, lets talk about the NBA Draft

RsxPiimp
01-28-2014, 08:19 PM
It's very unlikely we end up with the Top 3 picks which probably rules Embiid, Wiggins or even Parker out. Milwaukee, Philly, Orlando, Utah will probably pick the first 4. That 10-9 start really hurts us.

We can probably go as high as # 5 but right now, realistically, we'll probably end up with 6-9.

Here's some realistic prospects.

Zach Lavine UCLA, 6'5 Guard

http://seattletimes.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/huskymensbasketball/files/2014/01/zach-lavine.jpg

Julius Randle, Kentucky 6'10 Forward

http://cdn.solecollector.com/media/up/2013/11/images/julius-randle-nike-lebron-11-pe-kentucky-header.jpg

Marcus Smart OS, 6'4 Guard

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Marcus-Smart.png

Noah Vonleh 6'10 Center/PF

http://rushthecourt.net/mag/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/indiana-600x399.jpg

Dante Exum 6'6 PG/SG (projected to be a Top 4 but could go down depending on his workout)

http://www.roundballminingcompany.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Dante-Exum-731-adidas-Nations-300x473.jpg

Honorable mentions

James Young, Kentucky (6'6 SF)
Rodney Hood, Duke (6'8 SF)
Aaron Gordon, Arizona (6'8 SF/PF)

Out of them all, I like Exum the best followed by Randle and Vonleh. It's best if Mitch skips the tweener (Gordon). Lavine is really interesting though. Quick, explosive with a sweet jumper, but Randle and Vonleh are big men that can help the Lakers. Who's your favorite so far?

Thread
01-28-2014, 08:28 PM
The draft will not serve us. We're not going to sign Kobe for 2 years and have him wait while we fiddle-fart around with black children. Just bring him back when he's healthy-let him work himself into game shape--then after the season is over if our draft choice is yet ripe enough, draft the fellow on specs from a trade partner and then trade him off for somebody who can impact on-the-spot/drop Gasol off at the city limits & get on with it.

RsxPiimp
01-28-2014, 08:51 PM
Thread, you no likey rebuild?

Koolaid_Man
01-28-2014, 09:05 PM
we need to draft a kid that grew up in a fairly successful middle class family...just like Kobe...we don't need to draft anyone who grew up in poverty because once they get paid they lose desire to be the best...remember we drafted Kobe at 13th so we can make it work....but I think we'll get lucky in the draft like the Rockets did with Yao Ming...

but we need to sign Melo...the next 2 yrs is all about Kobe's last stand

Thread
01-28-2014, 09:10 PM
Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320), you no likey rebuild?

Not as long as we've got Kobe. Just add some pieces and try it. There is no juggernaut in the league.

Buddy Mignon
01-28-2014, 10:18 PM
Not as long as we've got Kobe. Just add some pieces and try it. There is no juggernaut in the league.Unless we can get that Parker kid the draft means shit to us.

Buddy Mignon
01-28-2014, 10:20 PM
we need to draft a kid that grew up in a fairly successful middle class family...just like Kobe...we don't need to draft anyone who grew up in poverty because once they get paid they lose desire to be the best...remember we drafted Kobe at 13th so we can make it work....but I think we'll get lucky in the draft like the Rockets did with Yao Ming... but we need to sign Melo...the next 2 yrs is all about Kobe's last standMelo's husband just said he's staying put. A bitch could get dumped for speaking out of turn like that with me.

Rogue
01-28-2014, 10:27 PM
we need to draft a kid that grew up in a fairly successful middle class family...just like Kobe...we don't need to draft anyone who grew up in poverty because once they get paid they lose desire to be the best...remember we drafted Kobe at 13th so we can make it work....but I think we'll get lucky in the draft like the Rockets did with Yao Ming...

Yeah they were lucky because they didn't draft someone like Anthony Bennett with their #1 pick, at the very least.

RsxPiimp
01-28-2014, 11:00 PM
Melo's husband just said he's staying put. A bitch could get dumped for speaking out of turn like that with me.
I read that. That's what I suspect all along anyway. Melo wants that $$$ and his wife has a lot of pull in his decisions.

Unless we can get that Parker kid the draft means shit to us.

Don't like Embiid?

Not as long as we've got Kobe. Just add some pieces and try it. There is no juggernaut in the league.

Y'all got some valid points. Depends how high we pick, but Jim will probably want that other cornerstone piece in the form of a prospect, with the other being KD, Love or Russ. I honestly don't see Jim building to get Kobe his 6. He's just cashing in on Kobe's fame right now.

djohn2oo8
01-28-2014, 11:03 PM
:lol No second rounder this year and no First rounder next year.

Koolaid_Man
01-28-2014, 11:03 PM
I read that. That's what I suspect all along anyway. Melo wants that $$$ and his wife has a lot of pull in his decisions.

Don't like Embiid?

Y'all got some valid points. Depends how high we pick, but Jim will probably want that other cornerstone piece in the form of a prospect, with the other being KD, Love or Russ. I honestly don't see Jim building to get Kobe his 6. He's just cashing in on Kobe's fame right now.

no need to cash in...he got the billion dollar cable deal..he's cool...he wants to see 6 before he Kobe is gone...his dad held him to tying and / or surpassing Boston...he's gonna make good on it...I may be the only one who belevies it will happen for us...

Rogue
01-28-2014, 11:12 PM
:lol No second rounder this year and no First rounder next year.
That's why they're going all out tanking this year imho.

thunderup
01-28-2014, 11:13 PM
Who the fuck cares. Any remaining Laker fan should be euthanized. You fucks are finished.

Clipper Nation
01-28-2014, 11:15 PM
Can't wait to see Fredo draft the next Anthony Bennett :tu

djohn2oo8
01-28-2014, 11:16 PM
I thought 16 timers don't tank. Tha fuck happened?

Thread
01-29-2014, 12:08 AM
Who the fuck cares. Any remaining Laker fan should be euthanized. You fucks are finished.

You've been steeping for what, 3 years? tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock...

Thread
01-29-2014, 12:08 AM
Can't wait to see Fredo draft the next Anthony Bennett :tu

Though his drafting of Bynum netted us 2 NBA World Titles and my presence here.

tee, hee.

IronMaxipad
02-20-2014, 12:55 AM

:hat:lobt2:

RD2191
02-20-2014, 12:56 AM

fuck, lakers are going to ruin this kid

ElNono
02-20-2014, 12:56 AM
:lmao

Clipper Nation
05-20-2014, 08:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/z7vK5vr.png

Splits
05-20-2014, 09:08 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/lol1.gif

Splits
05-20-2014, 09:09 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/lol1.gif

RsxPiimp
05-20-2014, 09:12 PM
I was serving truth serum and I was right

Venti Quattro
05-20-2014, 09:29 PM
I'd take Randle or Exum. LA badly needs another post player. Hopefully they aren't picked before the 7th

Splits
05-20-2014, 09:31 PM
Exum is not dropping to the 7 slot, no way. He's 4 on most draft boards.

unforeseen
05-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Splits going balls deep. :rollin

Venti Quattro
05-20-2014, 10:06 PM
Exum is not dropping to the 7 slot, no way. He's 4 on most draft boards.

Well shit LA might end up with Marcus Smart then.

Splits
05-20-2014, 10:07 PM
Well shit LA might end up with Marcus Smart then.

http://lakeshorepublicmedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/noah.jpg

StrengthAndHonor
05-20-2014, 11:59 PM
Smart is not a bad player, he's ridiculously strong for a PG. He finished with 19 And1's and has been known to bully players in his position. Dude can post up and is strong finisher. Shooting needs work though.

StrengthAndHonor
05-21-2014, 12:02 AM
Also an excellent defender in college. Tremendous instincts in passing lanes.

StrengthAndHonor
05-21-2014, 12:08 AM
I read Bosh comparisons with Vonleh but they couldn't be anymore different. Bosh is a scorer since day one, Vonleh has upside offensively but he's going to need tons of work. Defensively is where he'll shine. Great motor with NBA ready body. Also has an aircraft like wing span 7'4. Has a knack for blocking and rebounding which is always a nice commodity. Probably won't live up to a #7 expectation assuming he's picked there unless he puts in work to become a two way player.

JMarkJohns
05-21-2014, 11:00 AM
Trade #7 to Suns for #14/#27/Minnesota 2015 1st

Take LaVine at 14, and someone like Shabazz Napier or Spencer Dinwiddie at 27.

Double up on PGs since it's a need position, but worst case, LaVine has size to shift into a SG if the PG element doesn't take, but Dinwiddie or Napier are proven winners as a lead guard.

Also get a 1st that's valuable to Minny for potential Kevin Love trade/sign-n-trade, or you get a 1st for next year when you prep to sign away Love from Minny.

Suns then draft Gordon at #7 and the best available SG/SF at #18.

StrengthAndHonor
03-14-2018, 11:21 AM
Beast.

LkrFan
03-16-2018, 10:42 AM
Tankathon Tweet:

LBJ says he doesn't care what seed they are at. He knows they traded their 1st round pick to us in the IT/Clarkson/Nance Jr deal. Currently det pick sits at #21. As it inches closer to the lottery, it makes it much easier for Maginka to pair with Luol Deng in a trade. Deng is still owed $36M. :wow

This is a significant step in our efforts to sign 2 max players AND keep Randle.

Lonzo
Max Player
Ingram
Max Player
Randle
Lopez

That's a contending team right there. I wonder what 2 premiere max FAs are out there waiting to join our young core? :downspin:

LkrFan
03-16-2018, 10:48 AM
Or we can get from under Deng's albatross of a contract, sign 1 max player, re-sign Randle, and punt our capspace to 2019 when Kiwi and Klay are available.

I'm good with that too tbh.

We may be able to poach either Kiwi or even AD this summer. We can offer anybody on our roster to Pop for Kiwi (or he walks for nothing like Melo did New York). In this scenario, we have 3 max players as early as next year.

For you farmers rolling your eyes, does Pop say no to a combination of Kuz, Ingram, Cavs 1st round pick - vice watching Kiwi walking for nothing? I doubt it. Same diff with the Pelicans. ;)

Killakobe81
03-16-2018, 11:22 AM
cavs may actually want a wounded Boston ...
sliding to 7th better than 4/5 sloth tbh ...
And if Lue was smart they have to find a 2-3 game stretch to rest LeBron ...hechas carried way to much of a load ...and though James appears superhuman its the recipe that tore Kobe's achillles ...

Raven
03-17-2018, 04:52 AM

:lol

IronMexican
03-17-2018, 07:43 AM

:lol