PDA

View Full Version : Manu injury thread (hamstring) (Update: out 3-4 weeks)

Libri
01-28-2014, 09:41 PM
per par

Libri
01-28-2014, 09:44 PM
3rd quarter

ElNono
01-28-2014, 09:45 PM
worried now... this is now recurring. hope it's not a tear.

Texas_Ranger
01-28-2014, 09:46 PM
14M :tu

KL2
01-28-2014, 09:46 PM
Parker looks like he just hurt his thigh :lol, he probably got kneed and now it's all numb.

Robz4000
01-28-2014, 09:47 PM
This is fucking crazy. Everyone's getting hurt.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-28-2014, 09:48 PM
Fuck you Amusseddaysleeper, you fucking pussy ass bitch. I hope you tear your acl you son of a bitch.

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
01-28-2014, 09:49 PM
this is scary....
it keeps happening to him...
this could be the beginning of the end for our beloved number 20
watching the replay is sad cuz u can see in his face hes like fuck im done..

slick'81
01-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Not good at all

loveforthegame
01-28-2014, 09:50 PM
This is the 3rd time this season right?

ElNono
01-28-2014, 09:51 PM
This is the 3rd time this season right?

2nd

HI-FI
01-28-2014, 09:58 PM
14M :tu
yep.

this is why some of us weren't thrilled with the deal.

get well soon Manu.

NickiRasgo
01-28-2014, 09:59 PM
How is he? Damn it!

Robz4000
01-28-2014, 09:59 PM
Heard Sean say it was only tightness.

look_at_g_shred
01-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Tightness of the thigh

Mugen
01-28-2014, 10:00 PM
honestly didn't look that bad but the hammy is obv a chronic issue now at this state of Manu's career. Just something that he'll have to deal with til retirement tbh.

Skull-1
01-28-2014, 10:04 PM
yep.

this is why some of us weren't thrilled with the deal.

get well soon Manu.

Yep, yep, yep. You cannot count on him anymore. When he plays well he gets hurt. When healthy he throws the ball to the other team. HE.......IS...........DONE.

McGusto55
01-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Fuck..

Boomersgold
01-28-2014, 10:40 PM
Fuck you Amusseddaysleeper, you fucking pussy ass bitch. I hope you tear your acl you son of a bitch.
I get that this is a running joke on ST, but you took it a bit too far, man.

Chomag
01-28-2014, 10:41 PM
wheels be falling off.

xmas1997
01-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Still got Timmy.

LakerHater
01-28-2014, 10:46 PM
MRI in the morning

DPG21920
01-28-2014, 10:47 PM
Same injury as last time. MRI in the morning per reports..

blkroadrunners
01-28-2014, 10:48 PM
Looked bad especially from his reaction. Probably be out for a while.

look_at_g_shred
01-28-2014, 10:51 PM
I'm wondering why it was only reported as "tightness" an not a sprain or strain. Is that what the MRI is supposed to show?

Floyd Pacquiao
01-28-2014, 10:51 PM
I get that this is a running joke on ST, but you took it a bit too far, man.
Fuck you

DMC
01-28-2014, 11:11 PM
At some point the Spurs are going to run into the same dice roll that other teams have run into. That could be this year. Otherwise, having this many people out is a good opportunity for all these "playblahblahblah" players to step up. Paul George was made by Danny Granger going down. You won't find that next game changer by playing trash minutes at the end of random games.

look_at_g_shred
01-28-2014, 11:14 PM
At some point the Spurs are going to run into the same dice roll that other teams have run into. That could be this year. Otherwise, having this many people out is a good opportunity for all these "playblahblahblah" players to step up. Paul George was made by Danny Granger going down. You won't find that next game changer by playing trash minutes at the end of random games.
Hopefully this is telling goin forward for Boris! The only silver lining I've seen so far.

TheGoldStandard
01-28-2014, 11:16 PM

Hopefully Kawhi gets to play when he comes back and isn't limited to 28 minutes a game.

weeks
01-28-2014, 11:18 PM
Hopefully this is telling goin forward for Boris! The only silver lining I've seen so far.

there are very few bright points on this season so far.
boris is definitely one of them.

ElNono
01-28-2014, 11:18 PM
Hopefully Kawhi gets to play when he comes back and isn't limited to 28 minutes a game.

That wouldn't be fair to Bonner...

cd021
01-29-2014, 12:04 AM
there are very few bright points on this season so far.
boris is definitely one of them.

The difference between this season and last season if night and day. 9-10 from 3 in his last 5 games, 15.5 ppg on 58% shooting.

weeks
01-29-2014, 12:08 AM
The difference between this season and last season if night and day. 9-10 from 3 in his last 5 games, 15.5 ppg on 58% shooting.
after hearing his interviews with the french media over the summer, i knew he was going to come in with a renewed sense of focus and energy...i didn't expect him to change this drastically however.
i hope he can keep this up and even improve it going into the playoffs.

Bruno
01-29-2014, 12:22 AM
I've said it during his first injury: if he re-injured it, it would be a disaster. Here we are. :depressed

Worst Spurs news since the NBA final.

cd021
01-29-2014, 12:25 AM
after hearing his interviews with the french media over the summer, i knew he was going to come in with a renewed sense of focus and energy...i didn't expect him to change this drastically however.
i hope he can keep this up and even improve it going into the playoffs.

He has been much more aggressive shooting from deep of late or just spotting up there. If he can do that against OKC, he can pull Ibaka out a bit and open up the floor for Parker and Manu.

weeks
01-29-2014, 12:26 AM
I've said it during his first injury: if he re-injured it, it would be a disaster. Here we are. :depressed

yeah. his face really said it all.
damn.

timtonymanu
01-29-2014, 12:28 AM
Damn it.

sammy
01-29-2014, 01:27 AM
Yep, yep, yep. You cannot count on him anymore. When he plays well he gets hurt. When healthy he throws the ball to the other team. HE.......IS...........DONE.

GTFO Hater!

TheGoldStandard
01-29-2014, 01:34 AM
That contract looks pretty silly now.. I don't like the 14mil for 2 years but the fact that it's guaranteed is just crazy.. He's an old vet, incentive half of that at least.

Sean Cagney
01-29-2014, 01:42 AM

Yep, since game 6 man all downhill! Us Spurs fans have had a bad few months! I know still ALOT better than most teams will still see in their lifetime, but this year has SUCKED!!!!

KaiRMD1
01-29-2014, 01:46 AM
About time he got injured. The ol' sport has been far too healthy this season. We always need at least one injury to the big three before the playoffs hit. Now things are looking good and we can finally go back to the start

ElNono
01-29-2014, 01:57 AM
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich ruled Ginobili out of Wednesday’s game against the Chicago Bulls saying, “I can’t take that chance.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2014/01/28/132589/

RD2191
01-29-2014, 02:00 AM
:downspin:

TheGoldStandard
01-29-2014, 02:01 AM
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich ruled Ginobili out of Wednesday’s game against the Chicago Bulls saying, “I can’t take that chance.”

What Pop really meant to say was, "Stay tuned for more Bonner & Ayres" That's a super formidable duo.. Turd Towers 2.0

Skull-1
01-29-2014, 02:34 AM
GTFO Hater!

Stfu homer!

Skull-1
01-29-2014, 02:36 AM
Yep, since game 6 man all downhill! Us Spurs fans have had a bad few months! I know still ALOT better than most teams will still see in their lifetime, but this year has SUCKED!!!!

I called it long ago. Idiots call me a hater for it. Sorry, no wait....not sorry I see reality.

Skull-1
01-29-2014, 02:37 AM

Wish he had done that in Game Six...

Sean Cagney
01-29-2014, 02:40 AM
I called it long ago. Idiots call me a hater for it. Sorry, no wait....not sorry I see reality.
They are not going anywhere this year and any logical fan can see that! They might make round two or at best the WCF (IF THAT). They had their run and won 4 titles off of it and blew and blew last years finals! That is a great run but IMO now it is over and other teams have risen up........ Reality has to set in and some point and this year is it for us SPURS fans, they are now the Spares, old and tired and a spare tire.

Skull-1
01-29-2014, 02:42 AM
They are not going anywhere this year and any logical fan can see that! They might make round two or at best the WCF (IF THAT). They had their run and won 4 titles off of it and blew and blew last years finals! That is a great run but IMO now it is over and other teams have risen up........ Reality has to set in and some point and this year is it for us SPURS fans, they are now the Spares, old and tired and a spare tire.

:toast :(

siraulo23
01-29-2014, 03:10 AM
yeah he's been injuring his hamstring reg now since last year, same inj he had in the finals

Ice009
01-29-2014, 03:45 AM

It's not over IMO. Manu has been very aggressive at times this season, both before and after he hurt his hamstring. He started out this game aggressive too. He just needs that hamstring to cooperate and he'll be OK. Overall he's looked better than last season.

I ain't going out like that either. Spurs are going to go out swinging. No spare tyres here, they won't go out like that. Either way, if the ship goes down, I'm going to be on it and I'm going down with it.

Ice009
01-29-2014, 03:48 AM
yeah he's been injuring his hamstring reg now since last year, same inj he had in the finals

Parker had the injured hamstring in the finals.

Sean Cagney
01-29-2014, 03:52 AM
It's not over IMO. Manu has been very aggressive at times this season, both before and after he hurt his hamstring. He started out this game aggressive too. He just needs that hamstring to cooperate and he'll be OK. Overall he's looked better than last season.

I ain't going out like that either. Spurs are going to go out swinging. No spare tyres here, they won't go out like that. Either way, if the ship goes down, I'm going to be on it and I'm going down with it.
Ice agreed man! I am here forever with this team! I will watch this team till that bitter end when it is fully over! They write them off every year and this year again! I AM HERE WITH THEM FULLY until that bitter end! They will go out swinging I agree, but they need better health and chemistry before I believe they can do shit this year and thats is reality. We can chant this I believe and so on all year long, but they need just that to go far in the playoffs.

Ice009
01-29-2014, 04:09 AM
Ice agreed man! I am here forever with this team! I will watch this team till that bitter end when it is fully over! They write them off every year and this year again! I AM HERE WITH THEM FULLY until that bitter end! They will go out swinging I agree, but they need better health and chemistry before I believe they can do shit this year and thats is reality. We can chant this I believe and so on all year long, but they need just that to go far in the playoffs.

I'm not chanting anything. I'm basing it on what I've seen on the court from certain players. Team and on court chemistry hasn't quite been there, but there is still a bit of a way to go and that will come if everyone can get healthy and stay healthy. As far as the players go - Tim looks pretty good, I just think he's coasting a bit, definitely don't want him going all out at this stage of the season. Tony looks tired and seems to be coasting, especially on defense, but I think he will crank it up towards the end of the season. Manu looks much better than last season IMO, just needs to get his hamstring right. Danny was about the same as last season (icy hot), strings of good games and bad games. Kawhi was starting to play better the last couple of weeks before he got injured. Splitter was starting to play better and be more aggressive in the game that he got hurt. Diaw has been much better than last season. From what I have seen, players were starting to play better individually at various points before they got hurt, but they haven't had the chance to put it together collectively because of all the injuries.

To me, it's all down to health only IMO. I don't think it has anything to do with age, the disappointment of last years finals or anything like that. The team just needs to get healthy and could even improve with a small trade or two, but yeah, health is THE key. The same goes for the other contending teams too.

hater
01-29-2014, 05:25 AM
If anyone is surprised by a manu injury, you are living in fantasy land

He is old, breaking down. Father time forgives no man. Manu is finished. I've said it many times

He should have retired long ago

Johnny RIngo
01-29-2014, 05:59 AM
This is what happens when you depend on old, injury-prone players.

Ice009
01-29-2014, 06:28 AM

He is old, breaking down. Father time forgives no man. Manu is finished. I've said it many times

Even young star players get injured. Age isn't the only and main factor.

Russell Westbrook, Dwight Howard, Derek Rose - Examples of young players in their physical primes who have all been injured in the last year or so. Kobe Bryant - An older guy that is in better shape and works harder than most players in the league was injured last season. You two are making ridiculous comments without any perspective. Manu looked good and was moving well before his current injury.

Baam
01-29-2014, 06:30 AM

Then they should look to rebuild tbh, we're not contending with a broken down Manu, a slow mo TD and a TOSB TP who basically gonna be worse and worse as he gets more tired... There's no point...

Ice009
01-29-2014, 06:36 AM
Then they should look to rebuild tbh, we're not contending with a broken down Manu, a slow mo TD and a TOSB TP who basically gonna be worse and worse as he gets more tired... There's no point...

ahh, there no point if you are quitter and a loser. There's no point in rebuilding either, you may never win anything ever again. Neither way is more valid than the other.

You can't ask Tim Duncan to quit. That's not what he's here for. If you don't like it, go away and stop watching.

sammy
01-29-2014, 06:57 AM
ahh, there no point if you are quitter and a loser. There's no point in rebuilding either, you may never win anything ever again. Neither way is more valid than the other.

You can't ask Tim Duncan to quit. That's not what he's here for. If you don't like it, go away and stop watching.

I agree!:toast

As to the other hater (skull 1), I'm glad to be a homer! I love this team been with them through the heartbreaking losses & wins but you are nothing but a hater & definitely not a true fan! I'm sick of your posts hating Manu! We'll asshole we wouldn't have 3 of those championships if we didn't have Manu! So fuck you!:bang

dunkman
01-29-2014, 08:40 AM
As long as they they are all healthy for the 'offs it wont be a big deal.

DMC
01-29-2014, 09:11 AM
Well, as long as Tim can retire not having missed a playoffs... that will give us talking point credits in forum fights against other teams' fans. That's what's important. Tim should realize that and retire while he's still got that going for him, and just ignore the millions of dollars he could make riding it out till the wheels fall off. Same for Manu. We've got such better options on the Austin squad.

tmtcsc
01-29-2014, 09:25 AM
Lots of over-reaction here. The results prove that the Spurs have looked pretty uninspired and sloppy against the better teams in the league but I still think they will be fine when healthy. As for Manu, I'd say he was pretty upset that he got injured on what was a fantastic move but I'm not ruling him out for the rest of the season. I think with a little rest and physical therapy he'll be fine.

I think the MRI will show a strain, he'll sit for a few games and then come back. There is plenty of time to right this ship and in the meantime, the usual bench players will get valuable, extended minutes.

look_at_g_shred
01-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Prediction: 2 weeks

RD2191
01-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Manu fan going full retad, saying we wouldn't have 3 out of 4 without Manu.:lmao

Skull-1
01-29-2014, 12:12 PM

The only injury Manu had in the a Finals was his brain! Revise history much??????

Skull-1
01-29-2014, 12:16 PM

As for Manu, I'd say he was pretty upset that he got injured on what was a fantastic move but I'm not ruling him out for the rest of the season. I think with a little rest and physical therapy he'll be fine.

I think the MRI will show a strain, he'll sit for a few games and then come back. ...

This highlights the problem. If he makes a good move we lose him for two games/weeks or more. When he plays not to get hurt he is easy to pick apart.

Physically... He will not be fine. This happened only a few games back with the same result. The dude just can't hold together.

Skull-1
01-29-2014, 12:23 PM

Yep. Not to mention braindead when it matters.

Several of us have. We get called haters. In truth we are realists.

Skull-1
01-29-2014, 12:25 PM

As to the other hater (skull 1), I'm glad to be a homer! I love this team been with them through the heartbreaking losses & wins but you are nothing but a hater & definitely not a true fan! I'm sick of your posts hating Manu! We'll asshole we wouldn't have 3 of those championships if we didn't have Manu! So fuck you!:bang

:lol

Too much to correct in your rant to bother. :lmao

AFBlue
01-29-2014, 12:48 PM
This is the most unsurprising news of the season to-date. It was only a matter of time. Unfortunately it means more wear on Parker and Duncan to compensate. Wouldn't be surprised if one of them is next sadly.

Sean Cagney
01-29-2014, 01:14 PM
I'm not chanting anything. I'm basing it on what I've seen on the court from certain players. Team and on court chemistry hasn't quite been there, but there is still a bit of a way to go and that will come if everyone can get healthy and stay healthy. As far as the players go - Tim looks pretty good, I just think he's coasting a bit, definitely don't want him going all out at this stage of the season. Tony looks tired and seems to be coasting, especially on defense, but I think he will crank it up towards the end of the season. Manu looks much better than last season IMO, just needs to get his hamstring right. Danny was about the same as last season (icy hot), strings of good games and bad games. Kawhi was starting to play better the last couple of weeks before he got injured. Splitter was starting to play better and be more aggressive in the game that he got hurt. Diaw has been much better than last season. From what I have seen, players were starting to play better individually at various points before they got hurt, but they haven't had the chance to put it together collectively because of all the injuries.

To me, it's all down to health only IMO. I don't think it has anything to do with age, the disappointment of last years finals or anything like that. The team just needs to get healthy and could even improve with a small trade or two, but yeah, health is THE key. The same goes for the other contending teams too.

Agreed, they need to get healthy and we can see what they got. This year that is a tall task so far :( I will wait to see how they play after the break and fully healthy, then I will see where they are going.

Sean Cagney
01-29-2014, 01:16 PM
As long as they they are all healthy for the 'offs it wont be a big deal.
THAT IS A BIG IF!

TheGoldStandard
01-29-2014, 01:20 PM
Manu is probably done till after the road trip. Back in march

superjames1992
01-29-2014, 01:23 PM
It's kind of funny that our young, potential future star Kawhi Leonard has missed more games over the 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 season than Manu has, tbh. It will probably end up that way, too, unless Manu ends up with a tear or something disastrous.

It's definitely troubling to see Manu struggle with his hamstring again, though. I hope he'll be healthy for the playoffs, but I tend to doubt it. He'll likely be healthy enough to play, but healthy enough to play well? I don't know...

james evans
01-29-2014, 01:46 PM
do the spurs have the highest injury payroll in the league at the moment?

djohn2oo8
01-29-2014, 01:48 PM
do the spurs have the highest injury payroll in the league at the moment?
Lakers obviously.

Spur-Addict
01-29-2014, 01:48 PM
TOSB

ace3g
01-29-2014, 02:02 PM
yeah. his face really said it all.
damn.

I don't think I could handle a Duncan G7 floor slap and Manu hamstring frustration B2B

MeloHype
01-29-2014, 03:25 PM
Is this nigga ever healthy?

Biernutz
01-29-2014, 03:25 PM
I say it was a strain. He was walking to the dressing room not carried. I tore my hammy years ago.
The back of my leg was like one big bruise from my thigh to my calf. Could not walk on it and it took
about 6 weeks to to get most of the pain out. It took a year before I would trust it again.

wildchild
01-29-2014, 03:33 PM

George played 29.7 minutes per game in his second year, after Granger's injury he played 37.9 mpg in his third year as pro. More minutes and more important thing, he was getting the touches. He averaged 9.7 shots per game in second year, 14.7 in his third year.
The opportunity created by Granger's injury enabled George to take the next step, but what worked in Indiana isn't applicable to Spurs.

Pop said "I won't overplay players just to win games. That would be unwise."
And few weeks ago "If the whole team was 22 years old, something like that, it would be easier. In this situation, especially since this team has had such success, he (Leonard) is wise to go a little bit more cautiously". Pop said.
"It's not built around me for that right now. So it's pretty much the same role as last year" Leonard said, too.

He isn't going to improve, he won't reached his full potential this year. That's not Pop's game plan for him this season. Once Kawhi returns from his hand's injury he continues to play 28 minutes, stunting his growth as a player.

However, I'm optimistic about Manu's injury, don't think "He may never be the same".
Re-injury is a big issue, maybe he needed more games to rest the first time, he was at great risk for reinjury, but hopefully he comes back in 2-3 weeks.

Texas_Ranger
01-29-2014, 04:29 PM
You could see some potential in George before he was this good. LOL @ De Colo, Joseph, Baynes or Errors steping up. This scrubs can be happy that they are on the team.

ace3g
01-29-2014, 04:36 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
(https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA)Manu Ginobili will miss three-to-four weeks with a strained left hamstring, the Spurs say.

timtonymanu
01-29-2014, 04:38 PM
Sigh.

Mugen
01-29-2014, 04:38 PM
About what i expected tbh

Baam
01-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
(https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA)Manu Ginobili will miss three-to-four weeks with a strained left hamstring, the Spurs say.

Feels like I have already seen that movie before...

timtonymanu
01-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Hopefully Splitter is close. That's four rotation guys that are out for a while.

I doubt Manu will ever be as good as he was to start the season. :depressed

timtonymanu
01-29-2014, 04:41 PM
4 big injuries in four weeks.

I'm scared for the rest of the roster. :lol

Ice009
Shit. Spurs need some players. They are very thin. That's 4 players that can't play at all - does the NBA grant an injury exception or roster spot in a situation like this?

slick'81
Had to figure it was at least a month he's got to shut it down

BatManu20
01-29-2014, 04:43 PM
Welp. that sucks.

timtonymanu
01-29-2014, 04:43 PM
Duncan, Parker, Diaw, Belinelli, and Mills. Thats all we have at the moment.

Leon Black
01-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Good. I hope Parker tears his ACL/MCL and Tammy breaks his leg. Buncha faggots

slick'81
01-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Thank god we have bonner

RD2191
01-29-2014, 04:45 PM
:pctoss

DPG21920
Not worst case news but damn close. With the third injury to the same spot and with how drastically it derailed him the last two times, not a lot to be optimistic about with regards to him being a consistent contributor this year. Potentially a massive blow to the Spurs if they can't get & stay healthy and perform at a high level.

Beaverfuzz
Bonner running the point for 10+ minutes a game.

Spur|n|Austin
01-29-2014, 04:46 PM
EDIT - Never mind, Ace is on top of it per usual.

Leon Black
01-29-2014, 04:48 PM
Good. I hope Parker tears his ACL/MCL and Tammy breaks his leg. Buncha faggots

Diego20
01-29-2014, 04:48 PM
EDIT - Nevermind.

Yes..

SAN ANTONIO - Spurs guard Manu Ginobili underwent an MRI exam earlier today. The MRI revealed a strained left hamstring. Ginobili suffered the injury during the third quarter of last night’s Spurs-Rockets game. He is expected to miss three-to-four weeks.

TheGoldStandard
01-29-2014, 04:49 PM
The return of capt jack

hater
01-29-2014, 04:49 PM

Spurs still one knee explosion to C3P0/WB/Durant/etc away from contending for the Western Conference.

not all is lost :lol

Spurs Brazil
01-29-2014, 04:52 PM
damn

Robz4000
01-29-2014, 04:55 PM
God damn the Spurs have the injury bug this season...

ace3g
01-29-2014, 04:58 PM
God damn the Spurs have the injury bug this season...

and the worst kind, eliminated all of our SF "depth"

r0drig0lac
01-29-2014, 04:59 PM
then when the thread "manu retirement" will be created?

RD2191
01-29-2014, 05:02 PM
I don't wanna be that guy but Manu can't shoot, can't pass, and now he can't even take it to the rim, the only thing he was still good at. Not to mention the psychological effects its going to have on his mind.

jeebus
01-29-2014, 05:06 PM
Blessing in disguise. Manu was getting a bit gassed so he's gonna use this time to rest up and carry us to 5.

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-29-2014, 05:12 PM
There's only one guy on the bench that can save us. Bring back IME!!!!!!!

timtonymanu
01-29-2014, 05:19 PM
Hate to say this but give Josh Howard a shot.

DMC
01-29-2014, 05:21 PM
Blessing in disguise. Manu was getting a bit gassed so he's gonna use this time to rest up and carry us to 5.
Last year he took us to 6. He must be moving backwards.

McGusto55
01-29-2014, 05:21 PM
Fuckkkkk

EVAY
01-29-2014, 05:30 PM
This is the same way that Parker pulled his hammy a few weeks ago. When our guys are planting that leg and pushing off of it at the rim is when they are consistently putting too much pressure on their legs. Not good.

This is a serious question: I know nothing about how injuries heal and/or what you are supposed to do and not do while they are healing, but is there any chance that Manu could use some of this time with Chip Engelland and try to re-discover his lost three pointer? Can he practice those while not hurting his hammy? I honestly don't know, but if he could practice those, it could sure help him/and us out.

GB20
01-29-2014, 05:40 PM
wow! tony is about to get hurt too.

CitizenDwayne
01-29-2014, 05:54 PM
It'll be interesting to see a Diaw/De Colo SF rotation...

DesignatedT
01-29-2014, 05:56 PM

I share this sentiment. Somewhat relieved actually. No way he could play all year at a high level and maintain his energy. The hamstring is worrisome for sure but a strain isn't really a big deal. Spurs are just being overly cautious and they should be with their older guys. Manu, Tim and Tony missing games would actually end up being a good thing if the injuries were minor.

Guys like Green, Splitter, and Leonard getting hurt are really putting the Spurs in a tough spot though now having to run there old dogs into the ground to stay afloat.

Robz4000
01-29-2014, 05:58 PM
It'll be interesting to see a Diaw/De Colo SF rotation...

Yop, would like to see Diaw/De Colo/Parker lineups on the floor for awhile. Their cohesion could help do what Manu did: make other scrubs look better (including Nando himself).

jeebus
01-29-2014, 06:01 PM
Last year he took us to 6. He must be moving backwards.
False. He carried Miami to 7 last year. This time, he's gonna do it for us in 5.

timtonymanu
01-29-2014, 06:04 PM

Meanwhile Ayres will get increased playing time and have Pop and his believers convinced he is good because he dunks.

DPG21920
01-29-2014, 06:10 PM
I share this sentiment. Somewhat relieved actually. No way he could play all year at a high level and maintain his energy. The hamstring is worrisome for sure but a strain isn't really a big deal. Spurs are just being overly cautious and they should be with their older guys. Manu, Tim and Tony missing games would actually end up being a good thing if the injuries were minor.

Guys like Green, Splitter, and Leonard getting hurt are really putting the Spurs in a tough spot though now having to run there old dogs into the ground to stay afloat.

I see absolutely no reason to be optimistic. Gino injured this very same hammy last season, had ample time to rest and it completely derailed him for the rest of the year. It broke his body down and limited what little athleticism he had left. It caused his shot to falter and his confidence to drop.

Similarly this year, he started off great, then injured the same hamstring. Look at the results post hamstring. Another injury to the same exact spot this time keeping him out for up to a month? No reason at all to reasonably believe this is a blessing in disguise.

spurs1990
01-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Better position to draft McDermott in June.

Chomag
01-29-2014, 07:26 PM
Sadly this was a injury waiting to happen, Spurs were still being way to dependent on a 35+ Manu. His shot went south because his legs were completely fatigued, and those fatigued muscles just gave out. I believe it's age folks, Manu's heart is still in it but his body just cant keep up on what he wants it to do.

What still amazes me is the people here that still expect our star players to be ageless.

That was a hell of a dunk though, damn... reminded me of prime Manu, I just wish his body would still let him do that

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 07:29 PM
Age creeps in to the best of them.
Just hope they make the playoffs.
Can't blame it on any one player unlike what the Manu haters would have you think.

ElNono
01-29-2014, 07:40 PM
The key here is that the injury doesn't get to his head... unlike last season, where he had to rush back for the playoffs, he has time. If this keeps on happening though, retirement shouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities, tbh.

Suck too, he was a top 5 SG when the season started. Lots of game left in him.

Chomag
01-29-2014, 07:45 PM
The key here is that the injury doesn't get to his head... unlike last season, where he had to rush back for the playoffs, he has time. If this keeps on happening though, retirement shouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities, tbh.

Suck too, he was a top 5 SG when the season started. Lots of game left in him.

True and I hope so too, but like I posted earlier, Skills don't usually leave a good player their body goes first. I know you are being optimistic but Manu just wont be able to be that player anymore without another injury.

ElNono
01-29-2014, 07:47 PM
True and I hope so too, but like I posted earlier, Skills don't usually leave a good player their body goes first. I know you are being optimistic but Manu just wont be able to be that player anymore without another injury.

I'm not optimistic. At this point, I have no expectations. Unfortunately, once stuff like this becomes chronic, it's very hard to deal with.

DPG21920
01-29-2014, 08:34 PM
He just doesn't have that much left. He has small stretches, but he was babied minutes wise & still broke down. You literally can't manage his minutes any more and he still could not sustain. Let's hope with even more ample time to recover he can contribute every once in a while in limited minutes. It's a huge blow to the Spurs that he can't sustain playing only 23 MPG against bench competition.

I'm not knocking him - Spurs need him to play at the level he started with especially if he can only go 20 MPG.

Dverde
01-29-2014, 09:12 PM
Good thing we have nothing to replace him with.

intlspurshk
01-29-2014, 09:40 PM
If SPURS play all D league players for the remaining games, SPURS could still end up getting a pick at 15-20?
SPURS should consider trading some players while their values are still high like Tiago and KL

Sean Cagney
01-29-2014, 11:04 PM
Good thing we have nothing to replace him with.

:lol Damn your right.

HarlemHeat37
01-29-2014, 11:24 PM
It doesn't help that the coach of the team still runs a huge portion of the offense through old Manu rather than expanding the role of his young, promising player that just had a great playoffs run in 2013:lol..

apalisoc_9
01-29-2014, 11:28 PM
It doesn't help that the coach of the team still runs a huge portion of the offense through old Manu rather than expanding the role of his young, promising player that just had a great playoffs run in 2013:lol..
Bruno

HI-FI
01-29-2014, 11:38 PM
what's Manu's next legacy contract? 6 million a year?

Darius McCrary
01-29-2014, 11:43 PM
How does a hamstring strain keep a player out an entire month??

ElNono
01-29-2014, 11:52 PM
what's Manu's next legacy contract? 6 million a year?

Working on a player option for roughly $8m...

james evans
01-30-2014, 12:45 AM
Lakers obviously.
haha, oh shit i forgot about kobe and nash!!!!

james evans
01-30-2014, 12:46 AM
How does a hamstring strain keep a player out an entire month??
he's 36 man. a 36 year old getting injured is a lot different than a player in his 20s. i know this cuz i'm injured right now. so i cant even criticize him for that

jARS mEsH sEt
01-30-2014, 01:45 AM

Without Manu we would've lost '05 and won '13 with the possibility of having a shot at '06 (i.e. making it to the finals), so at best it's a wash.

ElNono
01-30-2014, 01:52 AM
THREE @DwyaneWade
Hope Manu gets well soon, we're going to need him. Pat said to pass this along http://goo.gl/1FNUJ3

Mugen
01-30-2014, 01:55 AM
That dunk was worth it IMO.

HI-FI
01-30-2014, 02:38 AM
THREE @DwyaneWade
Hope Manu gets well soon, we're going to need him. Pat said to pass this along http://goo.gl/1FNUJ3
:lol

Johnny RIngo
01-30-2014, 04:44 AM
This is exactly why he WASN'T worth 7 million. It was inevitable that he'd miss lots of time with an injury. Injury prone players don't magically become healthy at age 36.

r0drig0lac
01-30-2014, 10:38 AM
Better position to draft McDermott in June.
this

Skull-1
01-30-2014, 12:23 PM
This is exactly why he WASN'T worth 7 million. It was inevitable that he'd miss lots of time with an injury. Injury prone players don't magically become healthy at age 36.

Hater.

That's what the homers call us any way.

superjames1992
01-30-2014, 01:22 PM
Without Manu we would've lost '05 and won '13 with the possibility of having a shot at '06 (i.e. making it to the finals), so at best it's a wash.

I don't think we would have made it out of the West without him in 2007. I doubt we beat Phoenix. We probably would have would either way in 2003.

TD 21
01-30-2014, 06:56 PM
The ignorant, arrogant, stubborn front office got exactly what they deserved (I'm not speaking specifically about this injury, but of not having a single player capable of credible playing SF for a few weeks) and you know what? So did the big three, for allowing them to be those things and not demanding that they do their job.

This team was/is embarrassingly thin at SF and the forward spots in general and despite ample flexibility, they refused to address it, despite the fact that the best players on the three contenders are all over sized, freakishly athletic SF's/combo forwards. Complete and utter negligence.

TheGoldStandard
01-30-2014, 07:45 PM
The ignorant, arrogant, stubborn front office got exactly what they deserved (I'm not speaking specifically about this injury, but of not having a single player capable of credible playing SF for a few weeks) and you know what? So did the big three, for allowing them to be those things and not demanding that they do their job.

This team was/is embarrassingly thin at SF and the forward spots in general and despite ample flexibility, they refused to address it, despite the fact that the best players on the three contenders are all over sized, freakishly athletic SF's/combo forwards. Complete and utter negligence.

:pop:: But the media says that "the system" can beat teams like this so... uhh.. here's Matt Bonner and Ayres

Sean Cagney
01-30-2014, 11:00 PM

Manu was a main reason we got back in the game and had that lead though late in game 7 vs the Mavs, so take him off the team and what? I know he fouled and it was a bonehead play, but he played great in that second half.

Biernutz
01-30-2014, 11:10 PM

You give him that because of what he can bring and you know you will get everything he has left.....Don't forget he gave us
a discount when Denver and The Suns both were offering a lot more than we could give at that time... Get use to it, he
will be a Spur till he decides to retire.

weeks
01-31-2014, 02:14 AM
will he ever attempt a dunk again?

spurs10
01-31-2014, 03:20 AM
will he ever attempt a dunk again? "He's Manu Ginobili." So, yeah, I think so. Probably, not one quite like that though! :toast

Skull-1
01-31-2014, 04:56 AM
will he ever attempt a dunk again?

"My sources say yes. (They also say he will get hurt doing it.)" The Magic 8 Ball has spoken.

ace3g
02-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Manu Ginobili @manuginobili
(https://twitter.com/manuginobili)La gamba anda bien. Ya estuve corriendo y tirando un poco en cancha / The leg is doing good. Today I shot & run on the court. #gettingthere (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gettingthere).

hater
02-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Blessing in disguise.

the only blessing in disguise here is that Manu will probably attempt to change this diet again and become a hardcore Vegan :lmao

Libri
02-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Interesting that he called his leg gamba. I thought it was shrimp like gambas a la plancha. :hungry:

ace3g
02-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Jeff McDonald @JMcDonald_SAEN
(https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN)Well here's something interesting. Manu Ginobili is here. Appears to have caught up w/team somewhere between Charlotte and Detroit.

ace3g
02-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Jeff McDonald@JMcDonald_SAEN (https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN)

Photographic evidence he does exist. pic.twitter.com/Sz2yCogTqc (http://t.co/Sz2yCogTqc)https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgJUxi6CUAEOHGj.jpg:small (http://t.co/Sz2yCogTqc)

Robz4000
02-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Oh fuck, if Manu plays tonight...

bklynspursfan
02-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Maybe he plays Wednesday?

Seventyniner
02-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Maybe he plays Wednesday?

If he's feeling good enough to play, I could see him playing 10 minutes or so on Wednesday before getting 5 days of rest over the All-Star weekend.

Edit: then again, what would be the point? By not playing until after the All-Star break he could get 3 more days of rest.

Robz4000
02-10-2014, 05:29 PM
It wouldn't make sense to bring him to Detroit if he wasn't going to play on the trip. IMO Manu's either ahead of schedule or there's some legitimate injury concern with Marco/TP and they're bringing him back early.

bklynspursfan
02-10-2014, 05:42 PM
If he's feeling good enough to play, I could see him playing 10 minutes or so on Wednesday before getting 5 days of rest over the All-Star weekend.

Edit: then again, what would be the point? By not playing until after the All-Star break he could get 3 more days of rest.

yea i thought maybe it would be like a warm up game before getting rest, but it just seems so odd they would bring him back earlier. maybe he is just healthy enough where he can travel with the team and wants the camaraderie. i know sometimes even if guys are hurt they will still attend the pre-game shoot around

bklynspursfan
02-10-2014, 05:50 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1780889_10151852682656981_249338164_n.jpg

Photographer knew what he was doing here

tmtcsc
02-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Interesting that he called his leg gamba. I thought it was shrimp like gambas a la plancha. :hungry:

gambas a la chingada

SpursRock20
02-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Great news. Manu has been a notoriously slow healer, so him coming back this soon should mean that his leg has rebounded nicely from the strain. There is no way the Spurs would rush him back to play even with injuries to other players, so this should mean that he is pretty damn close to 100%. Saying all this, I still don't want him to play tonight.

tmtcsc
02-10-2014, 06:04 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1780889_10151852682656981_249338164_n.jpg

Photographer knew what he was doing here

I don't know man..that thing looks a little frumpy. It's Kim Kardashian-esque though,

RD2191
02-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Forget Manu, dat ass in the back, am I right fellas?

cd021
02-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Forget Manu, dat ass in the back, am I right fellas?

+1. I'm hypnotized.

RD2191
02-10-2014, 06:21 PM
+1. I'm hypnotized.
:toast

Robz4000
02-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Welp, Pop says no Manu until after the ASB. Guess Manu did just wanna join up with the team. At the very least it'll be nice to have another pseudo-coach with them considering how shitty the assistant coaches are this year.

RD2191
02-10-2014, 06:53 PM
I don't know man..that thing looks a little frumpy. It's Kim Kardashian-esque though,
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/72/72483815815e2b8401d2c0cf6db614b06585aca70f290bb2f6 fcaaaaee123ec5.jpg

can't believe I found your pic

tmtcsc
02-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Ladies and Gents,

Robdiaz2191 and wife:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/01/article-0-0DA67AF000000578-302_634x907.jpg

DON'T EVEN DENY IT PLAYER!!

RD2191
02-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Ladies and Gents,

Robdiaz2191 and wife:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/01/article-0-0DA67AF000000578-302_634x907.jpg

DON'T EVEN DENY IT PLAYER!!
:lmaoWhat can I say? I love white women, and I don't mind the cushion.

loveforthegame
02-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Will be nice to get him back.

Funny that Leonard had one of the shortest times for return and will end up taking the longest to return.

tmtcsc
02-10-2014, 07:34 PM
I'm glad you can take a joke Rob, people are too sensitive nowadays. By the way, I didn't say I wouldn't do that dancer... :toast

RD2191
02-10-2014, 07:40 PM
I'm glad you can take a joke Rob, people are too sensitive nowadays. By the way, I didn't say I wouldn't do that dancer... :toast
:lolYeah, I like to kid around. :toast Haha, cheers to that.

EVAY
02-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Back to Manu…I hoep he doesn't play and spends the entire time practicing his three point shot with the shooting coach (Engelland?).

exstatic
02-10-2014, 08:01 PM
The next tweet in the series said Manu would NOT be back until after the ASG, per Pop.