PDA

View Full Version : The Time Machine

tlongII
01-29-2014, 02:42 PM
Is H.G. Wells book the definitive piece on this?

cantthinkofanything
01-29-2014, 02:45 PM
Is H.G. Wells book the definitive piece on this?

no. I do like the Stephen King book, "11/22/63". Also, the book, "This Book is Full of Spiders" was pretty good.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 02:47 PM
no. I do like the Stephen King book, "11/22/63". Also, the book, "This Book is Full of Spiders" was pretty good.

Is this the one about Kennedy?

cantthinkofanything
01-29-2014, 02:51 PM
Is this the one about Kennedy?

yessir. Good book. I pretty much gave up on him but this one was a good read.

leemajors
01-29-2014, 02:54 PM
yessir. Good book. I pretty much gave up on him but this one was a good read.

Kinda ran outta steam at the end but didn't stop it from being good.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 03:02 PM

Honestly it was the only one I liked by him, and yeah, he could have made a better ending.

cantthinkofanything
01-29-2014, 03:06 PM

yep. I'm still a fan when he doesn't try to get back into horror. My favorite books by him were the non-horror.

Different Seasons (4 awesome stories), Green Mile, 11/22/63, etc.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 03:10 PM
There was one about a cowboy traveling through time. Don't remember the name but it was a series that never seemed to end.

cantthinkofanything
01-29-2014, 03:11 PM
There was one about a cowboy traveling through time. Don't remember the name but it was a series that never seemed to end.

oh yeah. That was...Dark Tower Series. I started it but didn't finish. Heard good things about it.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 03:19 PM
oh yeah. That was...Dark Tower Series. I started it but didn't finish. Heard good things about it.

Yeah, that's it. I really liked it but never finished it because he either stopped writing it, or it wasn't finished when I stopped and forgot the name.
I may go back and reread it if he finally finished it.

cantthinkofanything
01-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Yeah, that's it. I really liked it but never finished it because he either stopped writing it, or it wasn't finished when I stopped and forgot the name.

I don't know. I think he keeps putting them out. I just started a book called, "The Atlantis Gene" and it's pretty good. Short chapters and a pretty good read.

CavsSuperFan
01-29-2014, 04:49 PM
The Time Machine (2002) was incredible...Took a studio tour & saw the actual Time Machine...It looked even better close up...:smokin

http://colemanzone.com/images/2002burns.jpg

I. Hustle
01-29-2014, 05:15 PM

I don't know. I think he keeps putting them out. I just started a book called, "The Atlantis Gene" and it's pretty good. Short chapters and a pretty good read.

So depressing that I enjoy the SAME type of books as CTOA. I read the complete dark tower series and it did end. I finished the last book last year. I liked it.

xmas1997
01-29-2014, 06:07 PM
So depressing that I enjoy the SAME type of books as CTOA. I read the complete dark tower series and it did end. I finished the last book last year. I liked it.

Thanks for letting me know. If I can find them I will read them all.
As for your other comment, most of us are not so much different from each other as we like to think we are. No man is an island.
So let go of the quasi depression.
That is one of the reasons I attempted to have that GTG so that those among us who seem to have lost ourselves on sites like these would see that simple fact and lighten up.
Yet I was heartily criticized for it and for the simple offer to mediate.
Either I am very well liked on here so much so that they love to tease me, or they are just total assholes scared to show their faces in real life situations.