PDA

View Full Version : Primer

Spurminator
08-02-2005, 07:19 PM
http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/trailers.php?id=2149&PHPSESSID=3148f19679e410f36bb2547a05a4a560

Has anyone seen this movie?

It was a big hit at Sundance in 2004. Shane Carruth, who lives in Addison, TX (near Dallas) wrote, directed and played the lead role. The film was made for under $10K.

The story goes something like this, without giving too much away... In the process of perfecting an invention in a garage, two guys accidentally create a machine that has the ability to distort time. Basically, you activate the machine and come back later, re-enter the machine, and arrive at the point in time that you activated it. The rest of the movie revolves around the moral dilemmas, paradoxes, and trust issues that rise from this creation.

It's the sort of movie that you may love or you may hate. It doesn't spell very much out for you, and a lot of the dialogue is very technical and difficult to follow. I've watched it three times, and I'm still not sure I grasp everything that's going on... It's kind of like a David Lynch film in that regard, or 2001: A Space Odyssey. If you liked the latter, I would encourage seeing this movie.

Procrastinator
10-01-2005, 10:33 AM
No.