PDA

View Full Version : The truth about this losing streak

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-30-2014, 12:39 AM
Does anybody here honestly expect us to be winning a lot of games when we are missing three starters (Splitter, Leonard, and Green) and Manu?

Also, does anybody know the time table on Tiago, Splitter, and Green? I know Manu is out 3 to 4 weeks.

Harry Callahan
01-30-2014, 12:41 AM
Splitter is almost ready. Probably 1-2 weeks on Green, 2-3 weeks on Leonard, 3-4 weeks for Manu.

Sad but true.

What bothers me even more is the regression of Parker (he's injured) and Duncan (he's not moving well right now).....

ElNono
01-30-2014, 12:42 AM
I just expected more from Othello Jiffies, tbh

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-30-2014, 12:43 AM
We're behind :pop:

Sean Cagney
01-30-2014, 12:43 AM
Splitter is almost ready. Probably two weeks on Green, three on Leonard, three to four for Manu.

Sad but true.

GOOD GOD that SUCKS.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-30-2014, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I didn't notice him much during the game. All I really remember was when he was really aggressive fighting for a loose ball early in the game. Looks like he'll be going back to the D-League in a few days

Boomersgold
01-30-2014, 12:48 AM
Still wondering how Offerson averaged 22+ points in the D-League. Was it through dunks? Contested Layups? Based on what we've seen from him, he's definitely NOT a shooter.

ElNono
01-30-2014, 12:49 AM
I was kidding, in case it wasn't clear

Hoops Czar
01-30-2014, 12:56 AM

I expected more from Belinelli so I guess we both lose out. I guess having a strong supporting cast actually does make a player look a lot better than he actually is.

HarlemHeat37
01-30-2014, 12:57 AM
I expected more from Belinelli so I guess we both lose out. I guess having a strong supporting cast actually does make a player look a lot better than he actually is.

The Beli over-hype was probably the only thing we have ever agreed on:lol..

HarlemHeat37
01-30-2014, 12:58 AM
The worst part about the injuries, other than the effect on the standings, is that it prevents the Spurs from resting Parker, he clearly needs to sit for a minute:(..

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-30-2014, 12:59 AM
I was kidding, in case it wasn't clear
Yeah, I missed your joke even though it was fairly obvious......

Godbama
Cut the excuses. We lost to the Bulls. I could take the last two losses against top Western teams, but jesus fucking christ we're not supposed to be losing against bad teams. The excuses are supposed to come from you guys when we lose against good teams because we're "coasting" and still "winning the games we're supposed to" and "it doesn't really matter that we're losing against contenders", but this loss against the Bulls, just gross.

And if someone replies talking about how the Rose and Deng-less pure-determination grit and grind Bulls are a "good team", just kill yourself, you're supposed to be a Spurs fan, have some standards. Seriously, look at the lineups they're running, I'd have expected a victory even if Parker had been out.

ElNono

I've been saying all season Manu saved Belli's career... it's not unexpected to see him struggle without his maestro, tbh...

Pako
01-30-2014, 01:11 AM
We lost athleticism and our defense is out of wack... Due to limited personnel we can only contend for two quarters...

capek
01-30-2014, 01:18 AM
Does anybody here honestly expect us to be winning a lot of games when we are missing three starters (Splitter, Leonard, and Green) and Manu?

No.

All the idiot Rockets fans crowing about their win as I walked out of the arena made me laugh. Hyped about beating a team missing 4 of their top 6 players. This is going to be an ugly stretch, and we're going to lose a lot of games. But maybe we get healthy again and get back on track trying to make something out of this season.

sook
01-30-2014, 01:34 AM
lol . no excuses bud...they are the bulls.

Spurs will still be in the WCF though.

spurraider21
01-30-2014, 01:39 AM
i just hope when its all said and done, we have Green back in the starting lineup, with marco on the bench. its good to have a scoring punch off the bench, but the reason we were a great team last year was our defense with the Green-Leonard tandem

james evans
01-30-2014, 03:27 AM
u think the spurs are playing bad in real life, try playing with them on nba2k. they've changed bellineli's shot. he can't hit shit now. bonner turns the ball over, patty hearst is decent, but can't stop anyone, and we can't rotate worth shit on the 3 pont shot. plus we have injuries so i can't play like i want to without leonard, green, and splitter.

Chomag
01-30-2014, 03:39 AM
There always seems to be excuses whenever Spurs lose. Spurs never simply just get beat around here.

As for the injuries, Yeah they don't make things any easier.

Bruno
01-30-2014, 04:30 AM
The primary reason of this losing streak is injuries. It really can't be denied.

Saying that, these losses also show 2 things:
- First, Spurs third stringers have been just bad this season. Spurs have a core of 9 good/great players (Parker, Mills, Belinelli, Green, Ginobili, Leonard, Diaw Splitter and Duncan) and behind them it has been quite a disaster. None of the other players has been able to step up.
- Second, Spurs didn't do enough this offseason. There were opportunities through trades and/or cap space to make something significant this summer but they wasted them.

Chomag
01-30-2014, 05:20 AM
^ Spurs FO per par, trying to live off the big 3 without really trying to improve

I'm not sure if it's no guts or them just being content to milk them into the ground. They got lucky with landing the big 3 in their laps so many years ago but what have they done since then?

Horse
01-30-2014, 08:15 AM
Splitter is almost ready. Probably 1-2 weeks on Green, 2-3 weeks on Leonard, 3-4 weeks for Manu.

Sad but true.

What bothers me even more is the regression of Parker (he's injured) and Duncan (he's not moving well right now).....
This is why we should give Timmy and Tony some rest as well till we actually have a chance of winning a game. Instead of having them kill themselves and still lose.

Brazil
01-30-2014, 08:39 AM
- Second, Spurs didn't do enough this offseason. There were opportunities through trades and/or cap space to make something significant this summer but they wasted them.

Manu's fault tbh

Bruno
01-30-2014, 08:48 AM
Manu's fault tbh

The core of the failed summer is more doing nothing with Bonner's contract, tbqh.

Brazil
01-30-2014, 08:51 AM
The core of the failed summer is more doing nothing with Bonner's contract, tbqh.

true tbqh but I like saying it's manu's fault

ThaBigFundamental21
01-30-2014, 09:46 AM

Sad but true.

Parker is not injured. Everyone needs to stop making excuses for him. He is struggling this year, he just doesn't have it. Maybe this is the beginning of the end? Maybe he is tired from playing over the summer. Maybe a little both? None of us know. But his shin getting kicked is not a real injury, and it doesn't explain his struggles this whole season, and his inability to find a higher gear. The Spurs have to make a TRADE.

EVAY
01-30-2014, 10:01 AM
This is why we should give Timmy and Tony some rest as well till we actually have a chance of winning a game. Instead of having them kill themselves and still lose.

This!!!

EVAY
01-30-2014, 10:07 AM
Parker is not injured. Everyone needs to stop making excuses for him. He is struggling this year, he just doesn't have it. Maybe this is the beginning of the end? Maybe he is tired from playing over the summer. Maybe a little both? None of us know. But his shin getting kicked is not a real injury, and it doesn't explain his struggles this whole season, and his inability to find a higher gear. The Spurs have to make a TRADE.

I think you're wrong. He is not injured enough that allowing him to play furthers the injury, but TP is a guy who wants to play through everything! And when he is hurt, like with his shin and now his hip flexor, it absolutely impacts his effectiveness.

Having said that, I agree that if he was entirely whole, the Spurs would still need another ingredient to go where they want this season.

In the meantime, I say we rest TP and Duncan until we have a realistic chance of winning some games with them. Parker is at about 80% of his healthy self right now, and in order to win these games, he has to be able to make the clutch shots at the end of games that we rely on him to make. It is certainly not the case that anyone else on the team can be counted on to make the clutch shots while so many are injured. So it's gonna be him or no one. I say let him get whole and then put it on his shoulders.

TampaDude
01-30-2014, 10:17 AM
32 wins at the halfway point...50 win season seemingly in the bag...then all the injuries...good thing we play a lot of shitty teams...still could end up with the dreaded FOHTY NYNAH wins and end the streak.

DMC
01-30-2014, 10:18 AM
I see this as a blessing in disguise. If we are serious about our future, we need to start preparing for it now, and by dropping a few games now and again we can slowly get accustomed to losing to a point where eventually we feel it's a championship if we can win a game against a >.500 team, even at home.

For real though, just consider it extended practice sessions for the bench. When the regular rotation returns, we should be better for it.

gameFACE
01-30-2014, 11:01 AM
The Spurs were having trouble before all the injuries. They were still struggling against winning teams. And struggling big. Now with four key players out it only gets exacerbated. They can't get a stops to help close out games. Also in past years there was someone who seemed to step it up with key players out and that's not happening this year. Too many losses at home and now their road record is getting bitten in to.

All that aside, I've been hearing it's the beginning of the end for years. But two years ago they shut me up by going to the WCF and then the finals last year. So until they get eliminated in the playoffs I'll hold on. Even thought they've lost tie breakers with OKC and the Rockets. It looks like they might go out in the first round again. But this losing streak now might be the thing that propels them. Better to lose now and have SPAM later. The rodeo road trip isn't that bad, either.

DMC
01-30-2014, 11:31 AM
Breaking News:

The Pity train has just derailed at the intersection of “Suck It UP & Move ON”, and Crashed into “We All Got Problems” Station, before coming to a complete stop at "Get Over It Junction". Complaints can be forwarded to 1-800-WAA-WAAA.

This is Dr. Sniffle reporting LIVE from Quitchur Whining Headquarters.

Skull-1
01-30-2014, 12:30 PM
^ Spurs FO per par, trying to live off the big 3 without really trying to improve

I'm not sure if it's no guts or them just being content to milk them into the ground. They got lucky with landing the big 3 in their laps so many years ago but what have they done since then?

The Big Four. Bruce.

Skull-1
01-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Breaking News:

The Pity train has just derailed at the intersection of “Suck It UP & Move ON”, and Crashed into “We All Got Problems” Station, before coming to a complete stop at "Get Over It Junction". Complaints can be forwarded to 1-800-WAA-WAAA (tel:1-800-WAA-WAAA).

This is Dr. Sniffle reporting LIVE from Quitchur Whining Headquarters.

1/10

spurs10
01-30-2014, 12:42 PM
I just expected more from Othello Jiffies, tbh I am pretty sure that Othyus Jeffers also works as a Civil War officer when he isn't playing for the Spurs. Probably extremely fatigued...........tbh. :wakeup

spurs10
01-30-2014, 12:52 PM
I see this as a blessing in disguise. If we are serious about our future, we need to start preparing for it now, and by dropping a few games now and again we can slowly get accustomed to losing to a point where eventually we feel it's a championship if we can win a game against a >.500 team, even at home.

For real though, just consider it extended practice sessions for the bench. When the regular rotation returns, we should be better for it. The first part of this is sad, but true.:lol

The second part is what I'm hoping for with the return of the injured. It's unfortunate that the wrong people, excluding Manu, are resting right now, but there is a true possibility that we will indeed "be better for it" to close out the regular season. :ihit

TheGoldStandard
01-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Manu's contract was a huge miss. Didnt like it then and now it's even more glaring. Not moving or cutting Bonner, another bad move especially since it looks like he will be here thru the trade deadline. I can't even formulate an opinion on splitter, he played a decent game and got hurt, has played decent but not 10m decent. Ayres??? Honestly who takes the word of an assistant who hasn't been in our system? That was such a bad deal.

cjw
01-30-2014, 01:44 PM
Cut the excuses. We lost to the Bulls. I could take the last two losses against top Western teams, but jesus fucking christ we're not supposed to be losing against bad teams.

Thibs pulling his typical seven man rotation and pushing guys to 40+ minutes a night. Not much you can do to counter that when you're missing over 100 minutes of your own guys.

Solid D
01-30-2014, 03:33 PM
The primary reason of this losing streak is injuries. It really can't be denied.

Saying that, these losses also show 2 things:
- First, Spurs third stringers have been just bad this season. Spurs have a core of 9 good/great players (Parker, Mills, Belinelli, Green, Ginobili, Leonard, Diaw Splitter and Duncan) and behind them it has been quite a disaster. None of the other players has been able to step up.

Agree. And let me just add that there is much to a name. Nando De Colo has Portuguese parents. Colo in Portuguese means "cervical". Cervical...that of or pertaining to the cervix.
Exactly.

superbigtime
01-31-2014, 10:24 AM
Our lower tier guys stink. We have a deep bench, true. But without the talent of our better players to bring them along they stink it up. FO did this team a disservice by for all intents standing pat. I have no problem resigning Diaw he's still a bargain. Splitter's contract is a little over generous and Manu's certainly is. But once again the real needs were not addressed. Now we have to watch lineups like nando, mills, cojo, baynes, and bonner. That is some ugly ugly shit. A 'system' can only do so much when there is such limited talent. And Pop just folds his arms and glares at the court. Do some coaching you old leathery sonuvabitch!!!