PDA

View Full Version : Education of the little people

Avante
01-30-2014, 01:13 AM
I'm going to start sharing a few things I've picked up on along the way. Things you midgets can add your arsenal.

Below we're talking....The Time Machine....by the great H.G.WELLS. But who here knows about those other great British sci fi authors or his peers? There is a fantastic book....The Rivals of H.G.Wells. Here we find all those others who have been lost, they don't get the attention Wells has been given and it;s a shame. The book is a great place to see what else was going on during Wells era.

It shouldn't be too hard to find.

Did Mary Shelly really write the first sci fi novel with her....Frankenstein?

Clipper Nation
01-30-2014, 01:14 AM
:lolld Fagg:lolt

Mr.Bookman
01-30-2014, 01:16 AM
Avante, you need to get out more. Check yourself out for a few days. Please!

Avante
01-30-2014, 01:40 AM
:lolld Fagg:lolt

translation

Who is H.G.Wells?

Avante
01-30-2014, 01:43 AM
Avante, you need to get out more. Check yourself out for a few days. Please!

Actally I've been out so much lately I'm wore out. Did my best Jeremiah Johnson impersonation for about a month. Good to be home for a few days. Heading back up after the Superbowl party. Looking to wrap up a deal, buying some property.

I get a laugh out of the little shits here, yep...twisted.

xmas1997
01-30-2014, 02:04 PM
I'm going to start sharing a few things I've picked up on along the way. Things you midgets can add your arsenal.

Below we're talking....The Time Machine....by the great H.G.WELLS. But who here knows about those other great British sci fi authors or his peers? There is a fantastic book....The Rivals of H.G.Wells. Here we find all those others who have been lost, they don't get the attention Wells has been given and it;s a shame. The book is a great place to see what else was going on during Wells era.

It shouldn't be too hard to find.

Did Mary Shelly really write the first sci fi novel with her....Frankenstein?

I found Mary Shellys' Frankenstein a very tough read. I suck it out despite the Victorian prose or English, but it was very hard to read even though it was interesting.
Bram Stokers' Dracula was lot easier to read and better IMHO.

Avante
01-30-2014, 02:08 PM
I found Mary Shellys' Frankenstein a very tough read. I suck it out despite the Victorian prose or English, but it was very hard to read even though it was interesting.
Bram Stokers' Dracula was lot easier to read and better IMHO.

Hard to believe a teenage girl wrote Frankenstein in one night.

I totally agree Stokers Dracula a far better read, like you I had a hard time finishing Frankenstein, it actually became a challenge.

xmas1997
01-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Hard to believe a teenage girl wrote Frankenstein in one night.

I totally agree Stokers Dracula a far better read, like you I had a hard time finishing Frankenstein, it actually became a challenge.

Same for me, a challenge, but the premiss was great, however the writing was stilted IMHO.

xmas1997
01-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Dare I say it but you and I have a lot more in common than probably coming from the same era.
I don't agree with a lot of your takes a lot of times, and especially your expressing your ego in an high minded manner sometimes, as well as your choice of living locales, but for the most part I don't get why others on here give you such a hard time.
You're not a bad egg as far as I am concerned, and a far sight more intelligent than most on here.
I've noticed that you rarely attack anyone maliciously who didn't first attack you, and that is commendable.
Keep up the good work.

Avante
01-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Dare I say it but you and I have a lot more in common than probably coming from the same era.
I don't agree with a lot of your takes a lot of times, and especially your expressing your ego in an high minded manner sometimes, as well as your choice of living locales, but for the most part I don't get why others on here give you such a hard time.
You're not a bad egg as far as I am concerned, and a far sight more intelligent than most on here.
I've noticed that you rarely attack anyone maliciously who didn't first attack you, and that is commendable.
Keep up the good work.

Thank you.

You cannot have a board of this sort and not see what we see here. You put people in hiding with no repurcussions for their actions and we'll see just how dumb and vicious they really are. But I do dig that and wouldn't want it any other way, my hats off to Kori for not getting in the way.

As you can see I simply counter punch, if someone wants to act like a mature,intelligent adult I'll treat them like one, they come off as a some dumbass kid who doesn't know shit with a smart mouth, I'll treat them like one. Pretty much just that simple.

xmas1997
01-30-2014, 02:48 PM
Thank you.

You cannot have a board of this sort and not see what we see here. You put people in hiding with no repurcussions for their actions and we'll see just how dumb and vicious they really are. But I do dig that and wouldn't want it any other way, my hats off to Kori for not getting in the way.

As you can see I simply counter punch, if someone wants to act like a mature,intelligent adult I'll treat them like one, they come off as a some dumbass kid who doesn't know shit with a smart mouth, I'll treat them like one. Pretty much just that simple.

Yes, I've noticed. I suppose I try to use more tact, although it hasn't gotten me very far doing it that way.
Lately I've just been a lot more blunt about it and show how idiotic and foolish they are.
Some of the smarter ones I educate by disecting their posts and giving them the definitions of words they themselves have used. It pisses them off even more when I do that. Two that come to mind are Fuzzy, and Woo.
But I always try to give it a humorous slant whenever I can. Most end up hanging themselves. The ones that don't, won't, because those would complain even if hung with a new rope.
:lol

But should I ever call you out on something, please don't take it personally, I never mean it that way. I've been rightly called out many times on here and never have a problem admitting when I am wrong.

Avante
01-30-2014, 02:52 PM
Yes, I've noticed. I suppose I try to use more tact, although it hasn't gotten me very far doing it that way.
Lately I've just been a lot more blunt about it and show how idiotic and foolish they are.
Some of the smarter ones I educate by disecting their posts and giving them the definitions of words they themselves have used. It pisses them off even more when I do that. Two that come to mind are Fuzzy, and Woo.
But I always try to give it a humorous slant whenever I can. Most end up hanging themselves. The ones that don't, won't, because those would complain even if hung with a new rope.
:lol

But should I ever call you out on something, please don't take it personally, I never mean it that way. I've been rightly called out many times on here and never have a problem admitting when I am wrong.

We all do this messageboard trip for different reasons, some like to be in hiding who they could never be if not in hiding, we all see this. I understand that.

Just have fun with it, it's not meant to be taken too seriously.

xmas1997
01-30-2014, 03:03 PM
We all do this messageboard trip for different reasons, some like to be in hiding who they could never be if not in hiding, we all see this. I understand that.

Just have fun with it, it's not meant to be taken too seriously.

I do try not to take it seriously but it is irritatingespecially since it has no effect in real life, it being a virtual message board and all, but it can be irritating when someone trolls while in a good discussion.

Avante
01-30-2014, 03:14 PM
I do try not to take it seriously but it is irritatingespecially since it has no effect in real life, it being a virtual message board and all, but it can be irritating when someone trolls while in a good discussion.

Like I mentioned before those who come here to just pester do nothing else but that. We never (or very rare) see them originate anything all their very own. It's best to just ignore them and if I didn't get a kick out of slapping them around I would.

The Gemini Method
01-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Want a fun read? James Joyce' The Dubliners! Now that is a read that is nuts!

Avante
01-30-2014, 04:03 PM
Want a fun read? James Joyce' The Dubliners! Now that is a read that is nuts!

I think I have that book.