PDA

View Full Version : Heat: How good will LeBron be after he loses his athleticism?

01-31-2014, 01:27 PM
His jump shot is very inconsistent and his form is strange. Once he doesn't have the ability to finish like he does now, what is his career going to be like?

He has developed a post game, so I guess there's that. Paul Pierce has moved to the 4 position in Brooklyn and he's been playing well. He's a better shooter than LeBron, but that could be a possibility.

Killakobe81
01-31-2014, 01:40 PM
His jump shot is very inconsistent and his form is strange. Once he doesn't have the ability to finish like he does now, what is his career going to be like?

He has developed a post game, so I guess there's that. Paul Pierce has moved to the 4 position in Brooklyn and he's been playing well. He's a better shooter than LeBron, but that could be a possibility.

He has become much more effective. but relies on explosion and strength he still will be strong and my guess is he will only get stronger. But what he wont lose is his excellent vision and passing skills. Lebron if he wanted to could be a much better version of Diaw even at aa advanced age a forward without great lift or speed but could do a bit of everything ...
And no I am not comparing Diaw and Lebron ...

Diaw before he got fat and now with Pop is a do everything forward btw ...

HarlemHeat37
01-31-2014, 01:42 PM
Players don't just magically lose all their athleticism overnight due to age, tbh:lol..

He has a great post game, he's one of the 2-3 best passing wing players in NBA history, and he has a high basketball IQ..he will move to the 4 full-time, where he will still be quicker/more athletic than other PFs, and bigger than most, if not all small-ball 4s/SFs..

Killakobe81
01-31-2014, 01:44 PM
Players don't just magically lose all their athleticism overnight due to age, tbh:lol..

He has a great post game, he's one of the 2-3 best passing wing players in NBA history, and he has a high basketball IQ..he will move to the 4 full-time, where he will still be quicker/more athletic than other PFs, and bigger than most, if not all small-ball 4s/SFs..

I hear ya. My point is if Diaw can be effective ... then surely Lebron can without his explosion.

whitemamba
01-31-2014, 01:45 PM
He will keep taking HGH, his athleticism wont fade.

01-31-2014, 02:14 PM
He will keep taking HGH, his athleticism wont fade.:lol

Phillip
01-31-2014, 02:19 PM

Exactly. Even when he is 35, 36, he will still probably be one of the 10 most athletic players in the league. And thats 5-6 years away. 5-6 more years of working on his jumper and post game will have paid dividends by then, much like it did for MJ later in his career for his second 3-peat.

ambchang
01-31-2014, 02:43 PM
Even if he is half as athletic than he is, he'd still be more athletic than most of the league.

That said, he can probably be a 1996 version of Magic if he theoretically lost all his athleticism due to his court vision and bball smarts.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-31-2014, 02:45 PM
He'll be like McGrady when he was on the Spurs.

TIMMYtoZO
01-31-2014, 02:55 PM
:lol The Haters are looking for something that isn't there. First they talk about how Miami is vulnerable, then if Lebron is showing signs of breaking down in the near future. They are growing tired of the Heatles dynasty already and this is barley year 3, tbh. These kinds of talks get funnier and funnier, tbh.

irishock
01-31-2014, 03:16 PM
He'd already be regarded as the greatest baller of all time before that.

Clipper Nation
01-31-2014, 03:17 PM
LeBron's athleticism might fade, but his high basketball IQ isn't going anywhere, so I'm sure he'll be able to adjust as he gets older and still be effective, tbh....

01-31-2014, 03:22 PM
I hear ya. My point is if Diaw can be effective ... then surely Lebron can without his explosion.Good comparison tbh

And lol @ the haters ITT. Did people think Wade would fall off like this in 2006? You never know.

HarlemHeat37
01-31-2014, 04:30 PM
Three doesn't have the colossal size advantage that Lebron possesses, obviously..

From a physical standpoint alone, even ignoring athleticism,'Lebron is a rare specimen, tbh..there aren't many SFs that approach his size, and even the few players that fit the criteria, such as Carmelo and Pierce, are fat-ass niggas, tbh..

DMC
01-31-2014, 05:01 PM

Better than you.

thunderup
01-31-2014, 05:36 PM
Lebron won't retire till the age of 40 and even then he'll be dominating niggas like Gambling-addict/Dad-killer.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-31-2014, 05:38 PM
Lebron won't retire till the age of 40 and even then he'll be dominating niggas like KD

Rogue
01-31-2014, 07:49 PM
Paul Pierce has been playing on his grandma's feet since the mid-2000s imho, but his great fundamentals enable him to continue playing at such a high level, in which sense Pierce is like a SF version of Tammy. I think Lebron will also develop such a fundamental-based style of game when his monkeyhood is gone. His fundamentals ain't never gonna surpass pierce's probably but his size will make up for it imho.

Venti Quattro
01-31-2014, 08:20 PM
LeBron will be fine as long as he doesn't have a major injury. He's worked on his game and he'll be able to fine-tune it when he loses all the athleticism. Kobe was until his Achilles heel injury killed all that.

Brazil
01-31-2014, 08:27 PM
Pretty good tbh

benefactor
01-31-2014, 08:47 PM
He has the potential to stay near the top of the league well into his 30's. The only worry is injury problems because of the beating his knees are currently taking from 260 plus pounds pounding on them for nearly a hundred games per season since he was 18. There is a decent chance this could happen for stated reasons, but if it doesn't he should play at a high level for at least five or six more seasons. He won't be as dominant and won't be able to carry a team like he can now but he will be still be a very effective number 2.