PDA

View Full Version : Why do you have to hide behind a Troll account?

JudynTX
01-31-2014, 02:41 PM
Go.....

JudynTX
01-31-2014, 02:44 PM
Let's see how many troll accounts come in here.

MeloHype
01-31-2014, 03:39 PM
wow

Wilford Brimley
01-31-2014, 03:44 PM
It's like this, shweetheart. Sometimes my blood sugar gets real low and the diabeetus takes over. Before I get a chance to go for some OJ or if I haven't had my Quaker Oats then I turn into Kool. It's a Jekyll and Hyde thing. Usually I like to keep a few mints or a jolly rancher or two in my pocket.

Stephen A. Smith
01-31-2014, 03:49 PM
I knew if I posted what I post as Stephen A. Smith under my usual SN people would simply assume from the brilliance, from the dominance, from the cromulence I display that I would have to be the actual Stephen A. Smith in real life. Quite frankly I just decided to cut out the middle man.

Roger Ebert
01-31-2014, 03:53 PM
Because criticism is a lost art. One that I hope the authority of my name can help restore to the unwashed masses that populate this board. Also I can't resist the rich irony of posting from beyond the grave during a time when films and television have become entirely saturated with zombies. :tu :tu

ChumpDumper
01-31-2014, 03:54 PM
^Those are all me tbh

Avante
01-31-2014, 03:59 PM
I;m willing to go with my real name, you go first.

ChumpDumper
01-31-2014, 04:00 PM
SBM told you my name.

What's yours?

Avante
01-31-2014, 04:03 PM
SBM told you my name.

What's yours?

Lawrence Richard Avante

ChumpDumper
01-31-2014, 04:08 PM
Lawrence Richard AvanteLies!

Michael Westen
01-31-2014, 04:20 PM
When you're a troll it you get used to the anonymity. That brings with it a lot of operational freedom but even on a free internet message board that can come with a price. Whether you're trying to make people believe that you're a master at sports betting, a playboy who has to fight models off with a stick, or a prison guard with an 8th grade education you have to be careful. It doesn't matter if everyone believes it or if no one believes it, the danger comes when YOU start to believe it. The shock to your system when you look in the mirror and have to snap back to the reality that you're going to die a virgin in your mom's basement can't send any troll down a rabbit hole that no amount of Naruto can pull you back from.

RD2191
01-31-2014, 04:28 PM
Don't know why some call me a troll, I'm the only one with my real name on here.

Dwight Yoakam
01-31-2014, 04:28 PM
It's not really hiding. It's just that I came here looking for something. Just something that I couldn't find anywhere else. I wasn't trying to be nobody. I just want the chance to be myself.
Hey. You don't know me but you don't like me?

Avante
01-31-2014, 04:29 PM
Lies!

Dude, who lies while in hiding?

RedStripe
01-31-2014, 04:32 PM
Go.....

You sir, come over here. You'll need a few more before you venture home with that one. Here, take this gallon of lube too.

Red Stripe, getting dried up leather pussied ladies like the one above since 1938! Red Stripe, Hooray Beer!

ChumpDumper
01-31-2014, 04:37 PM
Dude, who lies while in hiding?Well, you of course.

mrsmaalox
01-31-2014, 04:41 PM
When you're a troll it you get used to the anonymity. That brings with it a lot of operational freedom but even on a free internet message board that can come with a price. Whether you're trying to make people believe that you're a master at sports betting, a playboy who has to fight models off with a stick, or a prison guard with an 8th grade education you have to be careful. It doesn't matter if everyone believes it or if no one believes it, the danger comes when YOU start to believe it. The shock to your system when you look in the mirror and have to snap back to the reality that you're going to die a virgin in your mom's basement can't send any troll down a rabbit hole that no amount of Naruto can pull you back from.

:lmao

mrsmaalox
01-31-2014, 04:45 PM
It's not really hiding. It's just that I came here looking for something. Just something that I couldn't find anywhere else. I wasn't trying to be nobody. I just want the chance to be myself.
Hey. You don't know me but you don't like me?

I could care less how you feel, Dwight.

Blake
01-31-2014, 04:45 PM
You don't know me but you don't like me?

Correct

DMC
01-31-2014, 04:55 PM
Let's see how many troll accounts come in here.

I was thinking you should try it yourself. It could make your threads interesting.

The Reckoning
01-31-2014, 05:12 PM
i've been someone's troll this whole time. won't tell you who though.

thunderup
01-31-2014, 05:33 PM
I was thinking you should try it yourself. It could make your threads interesting.
!njun DMC with the rare out of nowhere goods for the ugly old hag.

Andy
01-31-2014, 05:47 PM
Is it true if you don't use it, you lose it?

DMC
01-31-2014, 06:04 PM
!njun DMC (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20665) with the rare out of nowhere goods for the ugly old hag.

I first read that as "out of the woods" lol..

irishock
01-31-2014, 06:18 PM
I could care less how you feel, Dwight.

Couldn't*

gameFACE
01-31-2014, 06:29 PM
People used to post photos of themselves all the time or there were GTG photos. It wasn't a big deal. Maybe Facebook changed it all.

The Reckoning
01-31-2014, 06:34 PM
yeah it was no big deal until 12 year olds started using ad hominem in their shit takes to mask their own fat/ugly virgin flab tbh.

after that, the site dissolved to anonymity, and it went from a few people on an online forum talking like they're at a sports bar to one of pseudo, grandiose personalities and trolls who dabble in the internets.

then it became really personal when others took things so serious that they data mined for people's personal info and called into their work, spammed their personal accounts, posted personal photos, etc etc.

then once people armed themselves for that or took flight, the site dissolved further into nothing but race baiting, sex, and religion. if you think about it, the posters on this site started from the top and devolved back to our primal roots.

pretty much your textbook example dissolution of a site.

edit: 8k posts :smokin

Why?
01-31-2014, 06:49 PM
Why not?

AntiChrist
01-31-2014, 08:06 PM
because my DarrinS account is fubar and no admin will fix it

William Hung
01-31-2014, 10:28 PM
Reputation and consequenses...next question.

Rappin' Dejuan Blair
01-31-2014, 11:38 PM
Please bitch, The Beast don't hide from nothing!
Only thing I get behind is the ho I'm fucking.
Don't wait to get home when the party's ended
Bend 'em over my hood of my ride and they get rear ended.
I leave 'em screaming and squirting all over my bumper
when I whisper in they ear, "My real screen name's Chumpdumper."

Th'Pusher
02-01-2014, 12:49 AM
because my DarrinS account is fubar and no admin will fix it

You don't really qualify as you're not hiding...dumbass under both accounts...tbh.

mrsmaalox
02-01-2014, 01:00 AM
I don't have a troll account, I don't troll. This is my one and only real personality. If you hate me here, you'll most likely hate me in real life too.

mrsmaalox
02-01-2014, 01:03 AM
Couldn't*

Oh I know, but the lyric of that old Buck Owens song says "you could care less" so I was trying to make it sound the same :)

xmas1997
02-01-2014, 02:15 AM
One thing we can all count on in life, change.
This site is no different than anything else, subject to changes.
Unfortunately changes are usually rather uncomfortable.
But they remind us that we are alive.:lol

Monostradamus
02-01-2014, 07:18 AM
yeah it was no big deal until 12 year olds started using ad hominem in their shit takes to mask their own fat/ugly virgin flab tbh.

after that, the site dissolved to anonymity, and it went from a few people on an online forum talking like they're at a sports bar to one of pseudo, grandiose personalities and trolls who dabble in the internets.

then it became really personal when others took things so serious that they data mined for people's personal info and called into their work, spammed their personal accounts, posted personal photos, etc etc.

then once people armed themselves for that or took flight, the site dissolved further into nothing but race baiting, sex, and religion. if you think about it, the posters on this site started from the top and devolved back to our primal roots.

pretty much your textbook example dissolution of a site.

edit: 8k posts :smokin

rofl someone sounds butthurt that the mookie crew's drug seeking behavior got exposed.

Rogue
02-01-2014, 09:45 AM
I thought monostradamus was banned tbh. welcome back, and how did you get it unbanned bro?

Koolaid_Man
02-01-2014, 10:28 AM
I thought monostradamus was banned tbh. welcome back, and how did you get it unbanned bro?

^ when are you bringing back Laterian Milton and Taco Meat Jackson

Rogue
02-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Taco Meat Jackson ain't my troll tbh, I didn't even know if that troll ever existed. And my nigga LM's first name is "Latarian" imho. You claim to be a nigga but you even spelled LM's name wrong, are you kidding us?

Biernutz
02-01-2014, 01:30 PM
One SpursTalk account per IP address. How about it Mouse your a tech guy. Would that work to limit troll accounts?

DMC
02-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Oh I know, but the lyric of that old Buck Owens song says "you could care less" so I was trying to make it sound the same :)

Actually Buck doesn't mention the word "could". He says "say you care less how I feel".

mouse
02-01-2014, 04:11 PM
One SpursTalk account per IP address. How about it Mouse your a tech guy. Would that work to limit troll accounts?

Why would I support limiting people and they're creativity? If people can't stand message boards with multiple screen names go back to MySpace.

mouse
02-01-2014, 04:16 PM
mouse 1997:
"Unless you post under the name you have on your birth certificate your also posting as an alias,the only difference from being a TRoll your not entertaining"..

DMC
02-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Why would I support limiting people and they're creativity? If people can't stand message boards with multiple screen names go back to MySpace.

Didn't MIT teach you about contractions?

mouse
02-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Didn't MIT teach you about contractions?

You don't need MIT to know a TRoll from a Tool.

Biernutz
02-01-2014, 07:42 PM

Sorry Mouse ..there is a big difference between creativity and just being a asshole...No this is not the SpursReport.....SpursTalk has always
been a bit of the wild west with Kori letting us sort it out. I would guess your opinion ...If you can't stand the heat...I think stop hiding with
troll accounts and man up with your screen name .....

Vaguebooker
02-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Don't even get me started! It's a pretty serious issue I have to deal with. But she knows...I'm not the one to eff with!

Rogue
02-01-2014, 10:14 PM
No way would Mouse put a limit on troll accounts when more than half of the troll accounts on this website belong to him imho. And a "one account per IP" ain't gonna work because people can always use proxy to acquire random different IP addresses and accounts.

Biernutz
02-01-2014, 10:24 PM
No way would Mouse put a limit on troll accounts when more than half of the troll accounts on this website belong to him imho. And a "one account per IP" ain't gonna work because people can always use proxy to acquire random different IP addresses and accounts.

Don't the proxy sites rotate numbers? If so your ID and IP have to match to sign on right? Wont it be too
much trouble to have a new account every time......

TheMime
02-01-2014, 10:50 PM

mouse
02-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Sorry Mouse ..there is a big difference between creativity and just being a asshole...

And you know of an "asshole" free forum? please share the link.

No this is not the SpursReport.....SpursTalk has always
been a bit of the wild west with Kori letting us sort it out. I would guess your opinion ...If you can't stand the heat...I think stop hiding with
troll accounts and man up with your screen name .....

ok so I post as mark , and you post as who?

And how does that keep people from being "assholes"?

The Club is what it and what we post. If the original members want to go back to the days of intelligent topics and mature replies then they need to make topics and reply to the posters they enjoy posting with the "assholes" can be ignored and if someone is trying to disrupt the forum I'm sure Slomo can fix the problem but none of the "original" Club posters make topics or request such actions. They choose to not post and allow the filth to become a disease and overcome the forum.

That is why ST has "privet" forums so the "elite" can post in peace.

When Kori and Slomo allowed johnsmith to just harass me for no reason I knew that day the door was wide open for what we have in the Club today.

CuckingFunt
02-01-2014, 11:36 PM

The elite post in the boxwood forums.

Biernutz
02-02-2014, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE=Biernutz;7107142]Sorry Mouse ..there is a big difference between creativity and just being a asshole...[/quote

ok so I post as mark , and you post as who?

And how does that keep people from being "assholes"?

The Club is what it and what we post. If the original members want to go back to the days of intelligent topics and mature replies then they need to make topics and reply to the posters they enjoy posting with the "assholes" can be ignored and if someone is trying to disrupt the forum I'm sure Slomo can fix the problem but none of the "original" Club posters make topics or request such actions. They choose to not post and allow the filth to become a disease and overcome the forum.
When Kori and Slomo allowed johnsmith to just harass me for no reason I knew that day the door was wide open for what we have in the Club today
.And you know of an "asshole" free forum? please share the link.

Your the one who said "it stops creativity" from what anyone has seen on the forums now being a asshole is the new creative now. It's not
trolling it's assholeisum. This is spilling over to all the "privet" forums now. I post for myself..I do not have a troll account. I don't need to
hide behind one to say what I have to say can you say that also? I have tried to show you some respect as a long
time poster with knowledgeof the boards but I now feel that was wasted time. I look forward to reading post from Mouse or
what ever creative account name you go by in the future...

mouse
02-02-2014, 12:25 AM
The elite post in the boxwood forums.

you have a link?