PDA

View Full Version : andrew bynum

palangi
02-01-2014, 02:01 PM
signed by the pacers for only a million for the rest of the year. and we get ayers, bonner, and baynes.

Good grief!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10387066/free-agent-andrew-bynum-signs-indiana-pacers

RD2191
02-01-2014, 02:04 PM
:lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-01-2014, 02:05 PM
:lol it's true..

Raven
02-01-2014, 02:09 PM
only?

palangi
02-01-2014, 02:11 PM
only?
for what he can bring...yeah ONLY!!

TheGoldStandard
02-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Lol yeah we have Ayres that piece of Shit

Raven
02-01-2014, 02:17 PM
for what he can bring...yeah ONLY!!

you mean absolutely nothing? aside from being a locker room cancer of course..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-01-2014, 02:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZdVPMD1t0A

20 points... 10 rebs... 5 blocks... in 20 mins.

TheGoldStandard
02-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Winning has a way of making shitty people into tolerable. I would love to have someone who can get 8 to 10 a night and 8 rebounds over a nice guy who gets 2/2 at best.

palangi
02-01-2014, 02:30 PM
you really are pretty clueless and just like to come and argue with others, huh?

mental note taken!!

02-01-2014, 02:38 PM
:lol Ayers
:lol 2 mil

TheGoldStandard
02-01-2014, 02:43 PM
But he's a good locker room guy. Lol, Bynum was only a "cancer" when he wanted off shitty teams who won't compete. He was run out of LA after being a huge reason why they were successful for there run.

02-01-2014, 03:11 PM
But he's a good locker room guy. Lol, Bynum was only a "cancer" when he wanted off shitty teams who won't compete. He was run out of LA after being a huge reason why they were successful for there run.

When was the last time we made a big FA signing/trade? RC been dropping the ball lately

Chomag
02-01-2014, 03:12 PM
When the Dude wants to play he balls but he usually doesnt want to play. However him being on a wining team might give him a bit of a spark.

Sean Cagney
02-01-2014, 03:18 PM
SMH OMG. The rich get richer.

FkLA
02-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Low risk high reward move for the Pacers tbh. Bird is a badass GM, rooting for them to win it all if we don't.

Old School 44
02-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Pop and RC probably got some negative reviews from Mike Brown. Smart move by the Pacers, even if Bynum doesn't do a thing for them. It keeps him off Miami's roster and also away from other potential contenders.

moisaenz
02-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Pop and RC probably got some negative reviews from Mike Brown. Smart move by the Pacers, even if Bynum doesn't do a thing for them. It keeps him off Miami's roster and also away from other potential contenders.

If bynum starts playing, Indiana might beat Miami..

Poolboy5623
02-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Wow..spurs missed the boat on this one. Unreal.

Hoops Czar
02-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Pop and RC probably got some negative reviews from Mike Brown. Smart move by the Pacers, even if Bynum doesn't do a thi's g for them. It keeps him off Miami's roster and also away from other potential contenders.

No, the FO just can't think for themselves. Bynum was a need the Spurs should have explored for next to nothing. For Indiana, worst case scenario, he's replaces Ayres on the 15 man roster as the 4th/5th big off the bench with a ceiling of reaching possibly as high as back up to Hibbert. If Indiana can make a move like this, the Spurs absolutely could have.

Chomag
02-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Spurs FO could give Ayers 2 mil but wouldnt go after Bynum for 1 mil?

Libri
02-01-2014, 05:07 PM

3.5 million

02-01-2014, 05:12 PM
3.5 million

3.5 million too much

02-01-2014, 05:13 PM
SMH OMG. The rich get richer.

Chomag
02-01-2014, 05:13 PM
3.5 mil? ouch!

Aremid
02-01-2014, 05:25 PM

grow some balls pop sometimes you have to coach head cases. Larry brown did it and so did Phil and Riley but you can't ??

cjw
02-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Bynum helps them against the Heat especially if Oden breaks down (Bynum could too for that matter) but isn't of as much use against the Spurs assuming a healthy Duncan/Splitter. This move was made with the Heat in mind as well as to keep him away from Miami.

james evans
02-01-2014, 05:45 PM
there have been 3 centers run out of LA the past 10 years. what do u think the reason for that is?

TheGoldStandard
02-01-2014, 05:47 PM
When was the last time we made a big FA signing/trade? RC been dropping the ball lately

That's not really it, it's not so much about big, it's about filling a need. We haven't done that in a while. Again, I've said it before, it'll take a few seasons before they go after a need and then they do it excessively

TheGoldStandard
02-01-2014, 05:50 PM
there have been 3 centers run out of LA the past 10 years. what do u think the reason for that is?

Haha, Oh I know.. I'm mocking the knock on Bynum. The dude only wants to play for contenders but he doesn't want to not get paid.. He went about it the wrong way but he got what he was looking for, contender and some cash. It wouldn't surprise me if in his minutes with Indy he looks more like the way he did in LA.

rascal
02-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Bynum has higher potential than Splitter.

baseline bum
02-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Has anyone considered that maybe Bynum didn't want to come here? That he went to Indiana because they look like they can win a title?

TheGoldStandard
02-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Has anyone considered that maybe Bynum didn't want to come here? That he went to Indiana because they look like they can win a title?

That's possible but I doubt the FO did there due diligence and inquired about him. We were willing to pretty much eat Malcolm Thomas contract so it's not about the money. I honestly think the FO is pleased with what they have as this is what they rolled with during the off-season. They actually went and got Ayres.. This is exactly the team they wanted.

Biernutz
02-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Bynum has higher potential than Splitter.

Really dude ....stop trolling :lol

Ice009
02-01-2014, 08:35 PM

He's a huge Tim Duncan fan. Why wouldn't he want to come and play with Tim? It would have only been a one year contract. I'm sure that he would have been interested in the opportunity to play with Tim.

DisAsTerBot
02-01-2014, 08:54 PM
fuckin christ, he has to want to come here first.

therealtruth
02-01-2014, 08:55 PM

Exactly. I felt the Spurs should have done that with Chris Anderson last season. If they had they would have probably won in the Finals. The Heat would have had no choice to stick with Haslem in the Finals.

skulls138
02-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Bynum is a cancer and an idiot but if I could have one player in the league, Id have a non-cancerous, healthy Bynum and if he is that way for Indiana, theyve got to be faves in the east if not the whole thing.

rascal
02-01-2014, 10:51 PM

If Bynum is healthy he has a higher ceiling than Splitter,better defender, better rim protector, better rebounder,and a better offensive threat. Bynum is a true big unlike Splitter who plays small in big spots. The Spurs will always choose the safer route. No titles since 2007 and no titles in the future with this core team.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-01-2014, 10:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9R55pz9VAA

rascal
02-01-2014, 10:55 PM
He's a huge Tim Duncan fan. Why wouldn't he want to come and play with Tim? It would have only been a one year contract. I'm sure that he would have been interested in the opportunity to play with Tim.

Not true. Tim is on the decline and the Spurs also for that matter while Indiana has a young core.

rascal
02-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Bynum is a cancer and an idiot but if I could have one player in the league, Id have a non-cancerous, healthy Bynum and if he is that way for Indiana, theyve got to be faves in the east if not the whole thing.

Overrated that he is a cancer. People are really stupid to think that. You really think Bynum comes to the Spurs as the new guy on the team and is a cancer and disrupts the entire team with a bad attitude? The only concern would be his health, if he can stay healthy.

This same thinking prevented the Spurs from getting Sprewell, Barkley and R. Wallace years back, any of those guys would have put more titles on the board if added to a team already having Robinson and Duncan.

Ice009
02-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Not true. Tim is on the decline and the Spurs also for that matter while Indiana has a young core.

I was replying by saying that if the Spurs asked, I'm sure Bynum would have been interested. I didn't say that he would come here for sure if they showed any interest. There's no reason to think that Bynum wouldn't have had any interest at all to come here if he was willing to accept minimum salary. Bynum still might have picked the Pacers even if the Spurs went after him, but the point is, I doubt the Spurs did.

Kidd K
02-02-2014, 12:09 AM
Pacers are easily crushing the Heat this year and winning the title if they stay healthy imo.

Their team is fuckin STACKED. Look at their frontcourt depth alone, jesus christ. And none of them is even their best player.

Biernutz
02-02-2014, 12:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9R55pz9VAA

That was in a land far far long ago....He is not that player now...he knees are crap. Philly let him go, the Cav's said see you and
the Bulls didn't even let him in the door...are all these teams wrong in less than a year? Indy is wasting their time as his knees
are gone and his rep is he just want's money but wont work for it......It's a shame but .....

HI-FI
02-02-2014, 01:31 AM
Low risk high reward move for the Pacers tbh. Bird is a badass GM, rooting for them to win it all if we don't.

pretty much. respect for Bird and wouldn't mind Pacers finally getting a ring if we shit the bed this season.

Raven
02-02-2014, 04:42 AM
If Bynum is healthy he has a higher ceiling than Splitter,better defender, better rim protector, better rebounder,and a better offensive threat. Bynum is a true big unlike Splitter who plays small in big spots. The Spurs will always choose the safer route. No titles since 2007 and no titles in the future with this core team.

bynum will never be healthy again, stop thinking about miracles, they don't happen so easily. And in fairness, Bynum never was a rim protector. Right now he has the mobility of Oden and that's saying enough, there is no upside in signing Bynum. he was an absolute negative for freaking cleveland geez.

Nero5
02-02-2014, 06:31 AM
do you honestly think pop would put up with Bynum??

TJastal
02-02-2014, 08:01 AM
That was in a land far far long ago....He is not that player now...he knees are crap. Philly let him go, the Cav's said see you and
the Bulls didn't even let him in the door...are all these teams wrong in less than a year? Indy is wasting their time as his knees
are gone and his rep is he just want's money but wont work for it......It's a shame but .....

+1

Bynum will be lucky to see any minutes at all with Hibbert & Mahinmi ahead of him in the rotation.

dbreiden83080
02-02-2014, 08:07 AM
Bynum sucks and doesn't give a damn about the game of basketball.. He'll contribute next to nothing..

TheGoldStandard
02-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Cue Andrew Bynum resurgence in Indy and spurfan downplaying the lack of interest. Philly sucks & Cleveland suck and nobody wants to be there for either team. He has a great opportunity with a contender. He was avg. 20 minutes with Cleveland in 24 games and was averaging 8 and 5 to say Ayres 3/3 or Tiago playing 31 games with similar numbers.

superbigtime
02-02-2014, 01:57 PM
grow some balls pop sometimes you have to coach head cases. Larry brown did it and so did Phil and Riley but you can't ??

exactly. pop only wants boy scouts. i wouldve loved to see this dude in silver and black.

Biernutz
02-02-2014, 02:07 PM
exactly. pop only wants boy scouts. i wouldve loved to see this dude in silver and black.

I remember when the Spurs had the badest of the bad boys --Dennis Rodman--that worked out real well
when he went AWOL in the playoffs vs Jazz.

superbigtime
02-02-2014, 02:14 PM
I remember when the Spurs had the badest of the bad boys --Dennis Rodman--that worked out real well
when he went AWOL in the playoffs vs Jazz.

yes i remember also. dudes an obvious headcase and never liked SA and was resentful of his good goodie teammates. Not saying i love andrew bynum the person, but it would have been a low risk move which would have made sense. some of FOs moves have been, um puzzling to put it mildly.

Bill_Brasky
02-02-2014, 02:20 PM
:lmao same faggy reaction as when Miami signed Oden. Who has literally done nothing btw. Because he has the knees of a 70 year old, just like Bynum.

Biernutz
02-02-2014, 02:22 PM
yes i remember also. dudes an obvious headcase and never liked SA and was resentful of his good goodie teammates. Not saying i love andrew bynum the person, but it would have been a low risk move which would have made sense. some of FOs moves have been, um puzzling to put it mildly.

I saw Jeffers play in one of or games and it was like WTF ?

Biernutz
02-02-2014, 02:24 PM
:lmao same faggy reaction as when Miami signed Oden. Who has literally done nothing btw. Because he has the knees of a 70 year old, just like Bynum.

Odem looks like he is 70 years old .:lol Wonder if he has a altered birth certificate like the Little league players
from the Caribbean.

superbigtime
02-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Odem looks like he is 70 years old.:lol

these guys both have their issues. It just seems like bynum could play and be a real contributor if he just got his vagina sewn up. but maybe his knees truly are shot. i just wonder if spurs brass considered him, reviewed the pros and cons, and said no thanks. i mean, they know more about the guy's medical condition than fans do. kind of hard for me to give FO the benefit of the doubt though.

gospursgojas
02-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Couldnt play on 16-31 Cavs....

Now hes pushing teams over the hump for 'ships.

rmt
02-03-2014, 02:26 AM
Bynum is a fantastic pickup for only $1m. Now Hibbert doesn't have to worry about foul trouble. A Hibbert/West and Bynum/Scola rotation will give the Heat fits in their only weak spot. As questionable as Bynum's knees are, Oden's are worse. At least Bynum's played full seasons and got experience (2 rings). Even if Bynum just sits on the bench, IND has kept him away from MIA and OKC. Can't wait to see Bosh/Birdman/Oden go up against IND - no more small ball for MIA.

TJastal
02-03-2014, 02:30 AM
Bynum is a fantastic pickup for only $1m. Now Hibbert doesn't have to worry about foul trouble. A Hibbert/West and Bynum/Scola rotation will give the Heat fits in their only weak spot. As questionable as Bynum's knees are, Oden's are worse. At least Bynum's played full seasons and got experience (2 rings). Even if Bynum just sits on the bench, IND has kept him away from MIA and OKC. Can't wait to see Bosh/Birdman/Oden go up against IND - no more small ball for MIA.

You're going to be waiting awhile, first he has to surpass Mahinmi on the depth chart and that's not going to be easy if even possible this season. He's most likely around for foul or injury insurance as you did mention.

Chomag
02-03-2014, 02:34 AM
i just wonder if spurs brass considered him, reviewed the pros and cons, and said no thanks. i mean, they know more about the guy's medical condition than fans do. kind of hard for me to give FO the benefit of the doubt though.

And wake them up from their nap? no.

Ice009
02-03-2014, 03:30 AM

Yep. Bynum is a much bigger get than Oden. The Pacers may have one upped the Heat here with this move. If his knees are in good enough shape to contribute the rest of this season, he could be huge against the Heat in the playoffs. Bynum has played in big games and won two championships. That's a lot of experience that he comes with.

I sure fucking hope the Spurs know what they are doing.

Sean Cagney
02-03-2014, 03:48 AM
Yep. Bynum is a much bigger get than Oden. The Pacers may have one upped the Heat here with this move. If his knees are in good enough shape to contribute the rest of this season, he could be huge against the Heat in the playoffs. Bynum has played in big games and won two championships. That's a lot of experience that he comes with.

I sure fucking hope the Spurs know what they are doing.
Spurs have Ayres! For over what they paid for Bynum! They know what they are doing :( Sorry Ice I feel they dropped the ball on that one man. I agree with all of what you said above though, true indeed.

poop
02-03-2014, 05:14 PM
IN BONNER WE TRUST

-Pop

:rolleyes

Duncan2177
02-03-2014, 05:20 PM
IN BONNER WE TRUST

-Pop

:rolleyes

:pop::pctoss