PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves: Kevin Love's shameless statpadding

djohn2oo8
02-01-2014, 10:49 PM
T

MIN (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/min/minnesota-timberwolves)

ATL (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/atl/atlanta-hawks)

Top Performers
Minnesota: K. Love (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3449/kevin-love) 43 Pts, 19 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 St

:lol

Xylus
02-01-2014, 10:50 PM
I question the quality of a superstar who puts up those kinds of stats routinely and still loses routinely.

AussieFanKurt
02-01-2014, 11:11 PM
its his teams fault :cry

HarlemHeat37
02-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Love is a monster, tbh, his supporting cast is atrociously built..

Pelicans78
02-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Love is a monster, tbh, his supporting cast is atrociously built..

I agree overall he's great, but I dont think he has the kind of arsenal in his game to take over late in the 4th. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see it.

midnightpulp
02-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Needs a defensive first center to complement him. Pekovic ain't that guy.

HarlemHeat37
02-01-2014, 11:21 PM
I agree overall he's great, but I dont think he has the kind of arsenal in his game to take over late in the 4th. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see it.

I agree, I don't think Love is a clear-cut cornerstone, but he's easily a top 10 player and would thrive on a team with a sidekick..

Minnesota is one of the most poorly built teams I've ever seen..

They have a frontcourt with 2 weak defensive players, yet they compliment them with 2 average defenders + 1 of the worst in the league(Martin)..their bench is one of the 3 worst benches in the NBA, too..

Rogue
02-01-2014, 11:22 PM
dude's unfortunate to be playing for a shitty franchise imho. His game ain't perfect but you couldn't expect a 2nd banana more perfect than he would be for a title contender. Dude's just doing his utmost to impress scouts so some team will make a huge bid for him once he comes a FA. niggas play in this league for money and for glory, and good stats deliver them both.

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2014, 11:23 PM
he has a better supporting casts then the KG wolves

there should be no excuses man

AchillesHeel
02-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Love is a decent player, his supporting cast sucks. His starting PG is having the worst shooting season in NBA history and his bench sucks. They can't seem to win close games when trailing, either. They're like 1-12 in close games this season.

Rogue
02-02-2014, 01:02 AM
the whole supporting cast excuse just doesn't make much sense to me. The wolves' supporting cast seems to me just as good as the guest team's imho, Rubio/Pekovic/Derrick-Wiiliams/Martin/JJB. They seem to have a good mixture of vets and young prospects but what? people are still seeking excuses for this white fat fag?

Clipper Nation
02-02-2014, 01:04 AM

He's choked a few times in late-game situations this year that I can remember, tbh....

This guy has "loser" written all over him and it isn't just his supporting cast.... he's literally been whining to the media about end-of-the-bench players and formulating excuses in advance for when he leaves.... can't imagine his teammates enjoy playing with that stat-padding douchebag, tbh....

AchillesHeel
02-02-2014, 01:05 AM
the whole supporting cast excuse just doesn't make much sense to me. The wolves' supporting cast seems to me just as good as the guest team's imho, Rubio/Pekovic/Derrick-Wiiliams/Martin/JJB. They seem to have a good mixture of vets and young prospects but what? people are still seeking excuses for this white fat fag?

Rubio is a black hole on offense when they need him to score a basket, Martin is just a streaky shooter, Barea is average, Pekovic is the only bright spot.

Guest team has 2 all-stars and a bunch of young studs that the Wolves do not have.

Chinook
02-02-2014, 01:25 AM
Blame Adelman for destroying Williams' trade value and ending up with Mbah a Moute. Rubio is not a plus player if he can't shoot. Martin is the Anti-Danny Green, which would be fine with a better supporting cast. I like Brewer, but he's not going to play well in that system. Adelman is just being exposed as a horrible coach.

I don't think Love can win as a team's best player unless his second banana was almost as good. There are a number of teams he'd make into title favorites, but he's not a player you can build around, I think.

Venti Quattro
02-02-2014, 01:26 AM
Put Kevin Love on a team with something to play for and both side of the equation will thrive.

DMC
02-02-2014, 01:44 AM
KL's team is a gimmick, a facade of a team with an over the top big ass monster center who really cannot do much, a hyped up Eurofaggot PG who shouldn't even be in the NBA and a group of tired ass has been role players.

If Love was on a real team where he was the PF and played along side a true defensive center, Love would get fewer boards, but his points would mean something. Right now he's the 1st, 2nd and 3rd option and the rebounder for the team. The Wolves have always been pieces of shit, they should shed their names in honor of the real creatures who would never quit as easy. I've never had any respect for KG because he stayed in that shitty system and just suckled at the corporate teat then cried about it behind his millions, nor for Love who's stat padded himself to a gold medal and too much consideration in the league. Eventually these clowns make their beds and they choose money over glory. I don't blame them for that, money is important, but when it comes time to separate the chaff from the wheat, don't fucking cry to me when you're not chosen to move forward with the reaper.

Clipper Nation
02-02-2014, 01:47 AM
:lol People are acting like Love's on the 7-59 Bobcats or something, tbh.... if he was as good as he was hyped up to be, his team would at least be over .500, end of story....

Jacob1983
02-02-2014, 01:52 AM
He's not a good leader. Plain and simple.

RD2191
02-02-2014, 02:00 AM
:lol People are acting like Love's on the 7-59 Bobcats or something, tbh.... if he was as good as he was hyped up to be, his team would at least be over .500, end of story....

AchillesHeel
02-02-2014, 02:26 AM

Oh, so because he's not a top 5 player he's not great? Only guys like Lebron and KD can make shitty teams relevant. How many games did Blake Griffin win before CP3 came to town, despite putting up 23 and 12 for an entire season? I would take 2011 Clippers supporting cast over current Wolves one.

DMC
02-02-2014, 02:28 AM
He's not a good leader. Plain and simple.

Not every great player is a great leader.

Clipper Nation
02-02-2014, 02:44 AM
Oh, so because he's not a top 5 player he's not great? Only guys like Lebron and KD can make shitty teams relevant. How many games did Blake Griffin win before CP3 came to town, despite putting up 23 and 12 for an entire season? I would take 2011 Clippers supporting cast over current Wolves one.
:lol You're kidding, right? The Clippers team from Griffin's rookie year was shit once you consider that Eric Gordon and Kaman missed significant time.... I'd rather have Pek, Rubio, and Martin instead of relying on Fatass Baron, DeAndre Jordan and Ryan Gomes.... not to mention, Adelman > VDN as a coach.... even after starting 1-13, Blake still led that team to 32 wins in his rookie season with a significantly less-developed game, which is still a higher win total than any of Love's teams have ever had :lol

Love has been hyped up as the league's best PF because of his stats, but they are so unimpactful and blatantly padded.... shit's a joke, tbh....

AchillesHeel
02-02-2014, 04:31 AM
:lol You're kidding, right? The Clippers team from Griffin's rookie year was shit once you consider that Eric Gordon and Kaman missed significant time.... I'd rather have Pek, Rubio, and Martin instead of relying on Fatass Baron, DeAndre Jordan and Ryan Gomes.... not to mention, Adelman > VDN as a coach.... even after starting 1-13, Blake still led that team to 32 wins in his rookie season with a significantly less-developed game, which is still a higher win total than any of Love's teams have ever had :lol

Love has been hyped up as the league's best PF because of his stats, but they are so unimpactful and blatantly padded.... shit's a joke, tbh....

Pek is the only good player the Wolves have besides Love, Rubio is a good passer but a very inefficient scorer and terrible on D, Eric Gordon played 56 games in Griffin's rookie season and he put up all-star numbers, who does Love have to rely on to score buckets? It's why they're so bad in the clutch, Love is the only player who can create his own shot on a consistent basis. Kevin Martin can shoot but he's overrated, as we saw last season when OKC needed him to score after Alpha got injured, he wasn't that great as a 2nd option, was he?

Rubio is basically Kendall Marshall, but a bit better on D and a worse shooter. And he's the only "legit PG" the Wolves have. Kevin Martin is a streaky shooter, who had a hot start (when the Wolves had a decent record) and has been cooling down since.

People are overhyping the supporting cast that Love has, put him on the Clippers and he'd have the same success as Blake Griffin, put Griffin on the Wolves and they're the 2011 Clippers. Love is stuck on a horrible roster with mostly medicore players, it's not his fault that the FO can't put together a decent roster.

TDMVPDPOY
02-02-2014, 07:50 AM
i dont like it when clowns come up excuses when earning a max contract

DeadlyDynasty
02-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Pau for Love, will throw in an anonymous future murderer to make the #'s work. Deal?

Rogue
02-02-2014, 09:57 AM
KL's team is a gimmick, a facade of a team with an over the top big ass monster center who really cannot do much, a hyped up Eurofaggot PG who shouldn't even be in the NBA and a group of tired ass has been role players. If Love was on a real team where he was the PF and played along side a true defensive center, Love would get fewer boards, but his points would mean something. Right now he's the 1st, 2nd and 3rd option and the rebounder for the team. The Wolves have always been pieces of shit, they should shed their names in honor of the real creatures who would never quit as easy. I've never had any respect for KG because he stayed in that shitty system and just suckled at the corporate teat then cried about it behind his millions, nor for Love who's stat padded himself to a gold medal and too much consideration in the league. Eventually these clowns make their beds and they choose money over glory. I don't blame them for that, money is important, but when it comes time to separate the chaff from the wheat, don't fucking cry to me when you're not chosen to move forward with the reaper.Excellent point. Just like I said, KL isn't made to be a leader imho. When he was playing in highschool or college or something he even dreamed of being Yao's companion, creating space for him and grabbing rebounds (which's why he focused his training on those aspects, I think, and specialized in those aspects as a result). He was born with beta mentality but was made to be an alpha. he can get his own job done but it's obvious he doesn't know how to lead a team. That said, he would be a good 2nd banana on a good team, for example, he would upgrade the Clippers to another level if he & monkeyball swapped jobs. And the current Wolves squad ain't shitty at all imho. Pekovic is strong as fuck and also has good fundamentals, a perfect blend of brawn and skills imho. If either of Derrick Williams and Rubio lived up to his potential, not to say both, then the wolves would be pretty stacked tbh.

Phillip
02-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Love is not a legit superstar. You can not win a championship with him being your team's best player. He needs to accept a #2 role if he ever wants to win anything.

ElNono
02-02-2014, 12:50 PM
I was going to say "if you give him Lebron's supporting cast...", but then he would probably be fighting Bosh for rebounds... he's that kind of guy, tbh

resistanze
02-02-2014, 01:38 PM
I was going to say "if you give him Lebron's supporting cast...", but then he would probably be fighting Bosh for rebounds... he's that kind of guy, tbh

DPG21920
02-02-2014, 02:32 PM
His team is more talented than plenty of others although poorly constructed. However, you start to see the clear cut difference in guys like Love and the Duncan's, Lebron's, KD's of the NBA. Doesn't mean Love isn't good because he's not those guys, however, you do need to check yourself when talking about him as a franchise guy.

Michael Jordan.
02-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Love is not a legit superstar. You can not win a championship with him being your team's best player. He needs to accept a #2 role if he ever wants to win anything.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 10:51 PM
His team is more talented than plenty of others although poorly constructed. However, you start to see the clear cut difference in guys like Love and the Duncan's, Lebron's, KD's of the NBA. Doesn't mean Love isn't good because he's not those guys, however, you do need to check yourself when talking about him as a franchise guy.

They have shitty perimeter play. Rubio is one of the lesser starting PG in the league. Brewer is a shooting guard who doesn't shoot and who has defensively regressed. Martin has a long history of putting up numbers on poor teams. Buddinger is a Rockets castoff and that should tell you something and he has been hurt anyway.

Outside of Pekovic and Love there is noone on that team worth a shit. Pekovic has been hurt and they are playing in a stacked western conference.

Love just is an easy target. He plays for a small market that doesn't even have a regular poster around here to advocate for him. People pile on but Love is one of the most efficient players in the league for all the volume that he produces.

Michael Jordan.
02-10-2014, 10:53 PM
They have shitty perimeter play. Rubio is one of the lesser starting PG in the league. Brewer is a shooting guard who doesn't shoot and who has defensively regressed. Martin has a long history of putting up numbers on poor teams. Buddinger is a Rockets castoff and that should tell you something and he has been hurt anyway.

Outside of Pekovic and Love there is noone on that team worth a shit. Pekovic has been hurt and they are playing in a stacked western conference.

Love just is an easy target. He plays for a small market that doesn't even have a regular poster around here to advocate for him. People pile on but Love is one of the most efficient players in the league for all the volume that he produces.

He is a big who is shooting at a 40% clip. That is not efficient.

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 10:54 PM
Love is a very good player. I have said that. However, he's not a franchise guy in the context of building around him like a Duncan/Lebron or even a Dirk. He's not that impactful. He puts up great numbers and does things sometimes that are not conducive to winning to get those stats.

You can win with Love, but you have to build a perfect team around him to cover up his shortcomings, especially defensively.

I personally watch a lot of basketball. I don't speak about him without watching him play. In fact, Love gets spoken about more than he should despite being in a small market. He has national endorsements, is written about quite a bit and is always on TV.

Clipper Nation
02-10-2014, 10:55 PM
He also plays no defense and is hyperfocused on padding his rebounding stats even to the point where he shoves teammates out of the way to get cheap boards :lol

Love is an extremely overrated loser, tbh....

Bynumite
02-10-2014, 10:59 PM
Switch the albino monkeyballer with Love and flop city finally gets a 2nd round win... tee, hee.

ElNono
02-10-2014, 11:00 PM
Love is a very good player. I have said that. However, he's not a franchise guy in the context of building around him like a Duncan/Lebron or even a Dirk. He's not that impactful. He puts up great numbers and does things sometimes that are not conducive to winning to get those stats.

You can win with Love, but you have to build a perfect team around him to cover up his shortcomings, especially defensively.

I personally watch a lot of basketball. I don't speak about him without watching him play. In fact, Love gets spoken about more than he should despite being in a small market. He has national endorsements, is written about quite a bit and is always on TV.

I agree. I know some Lakeran are really high on him as a #2 option, but I think they'll learn to hate his softness as much as they learned to hate Pau's softness... I could be wrong, but that's my impression right now.

Michael Jordan.
02-10-2014, 11:00 PM
Switch the albino monkeyballer with Love and flop city finally gets a 2nd round win... tee, hee.
Nope. Griffin impacts the game by shooting above 50%.

Clipper Nation
02-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Yes, because Love's really stepped up in the playoffs throughout his career.... oh wait :lol

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 11:05 PM
His PER has dipped every year he has been in the league. His 3PT percentage is very up and down. His FG% has been pretty steady all things considered, but his 80% plus FT helps his eFG. He's obviously talented, but he would never be able to take a team that is pretty good and make them a playoff threat. If he is going to be successful it will take a perfectly built team that can cover up everyone of his faults.

HI-FI
02-10-2014, 11:10 PM
I agree. I know some Lakeran are really high on him as a #2 option, but I think they'll learn to hate his softness as much as they learned to hate Pau's softness... I could be wrong, but that's my impression right now.
i've noticed Lakerfans are suddenly talking a lot about Love.

in time, he'll be shown the underside of the bus like MVPau before him.

Clipper Nation
02-10-2014, 11:13 PM
i've noticed Lakerfans are suddenly talking a lot about Love.

in time, he'll be shown the underside of the bus like MVPau before him.
Don't forget Dwight.... before the games last year, it was "J.H.U.T.T., his consistency and effort will be key in the playoffs, etc." and by The Begging and The Rejection they had already written him off as "soft" and "bitchmade" :lol

Michael Jordan.
02-10-2014, 11:15 PM
Don't forget Dwight.... before the games last year, it was "J.H.U.T.T., his consistency and effort will be key in the playoffs, etc." and by The Begging and The Rejection they had already written him off as "soft" and "bitchmade" :lol
:lol classic shit

HI-FI
02-10-2014, 11:23 PM

this is true. I miss J.H.U.T.T., i'm guessing midnightpulp hasn't been the same since the Finals though.

sook
02-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Yea Love is a great player but isn't really a leader. He doesn't get fired up or care about the score of the game. Comes in to get his and goes out like a white collar job. An excellent second fiddle to a championship team though.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 11:50 PM

46% when 1/3 of your shots are threes is excellent efficiency. I get that his defense leaves much to be desired but the man can ball.

Leon Black
02-11-2014, 01:42 AM
Love is an extremely overrated loser, tbh....

Sounds like he's destined to be in a Clippers uniform sometime soon then.

TDMVPDPOY
02-11-2014, 01:47 AM
lol premature ejaculators ass licking wankers with the double standards how Klove should be 2nd or 3rd option, but how come that shit doesnt apply to enrique?

spurraider21
02-11-2014, 01:54 AM
46% when 1/3 of your shots are threes is excellent efficiency. I get that his defense leaves much to be desired but the man can ball.
i don't give a bad shot selection discount. he should take less 3's. he's not even terribly accurate with them, only having 1 season where he shot north of 40%.