PDA

View Full Version : im very proud of patty

jkid12456
02-01-2014, 11:05 PM
proud of how he handled the pressure of the last few minutes of the game. i believe he was a big factor in our win, his constant heart for team, the energy and agressiveness is contagious, putting aside the fact that he can ball from the 3pt line, another deadly asset!

HarlemHeat37
02-01-2014, 11:08 PM
He's been a great replacement for Neal, tbh, it's a shame that the front office wasted a spot on Beli, they can't both be in the rotation for the playoffs:lol..

Ice009
02-01-2014, 11:18 PM
He's been a great replacement for Neal, tbh, it's a shame that the front office wasted a spot on Beli, they can't both be in the rotation for the playoffs:lol..

Marco is starting to remind me of Roger Mason Jr. and I am not liking it at all.

Mason Jr. was one of the last players the Spurs signed in free agency that fit in from the get go in his first season, then after a couple of months he went downhill fast. Their main downfall is defense and Marco is getting worse on that end of the court IMO.

Overall Marco is a better player than Mason Jr. was, but I hope he can improve his defense. He really needs to put 100% effort in on the defensive end from this point on, otherwise, like Harlemheat said, both he and Patty are redundant. Can't really play both of them.

Great game from Patrick tonight. He made a huge difference and was a big factor in the win. Great guy to have on a team.

HarlemHeat37
02-01-2014, 11:27 PM
I don't have a problem with Belineli, I just think it's unfortunate that the Spurs acquired him when he's so redundant with Mills..I guess they couldn't have predicted Patty would be having such a great year, to be fair..

Ice009
02-01-2014, 11:32 PM
I don't have a problem with Belineli, I just think it's unfortunate that the Spurs acquired him when he's so redundant with Mills..I guess they couldn't have predicted Patty would be having such a great year, to be fair..

True. But I really do think that he's starting to remind me of Mason Jr. and I don't like that at all. Belineli is getting worse. He's missing shots and his defense hasn't improved at all, it's even starting to regress a little bit. I know other players that provide a defensive presence aren't there, but that doesn't mean he can't work on his individual defense.

RD2191
02-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Patty is garbage.

Ice009
02-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Patty is garbage.

Elaborate, because as it stands, your take is a garbage take.

RD2191
02-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Elaborate, because as it stands, your take is a garbage take.
Patty Mills is garbage.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-01-2014, 11:43 PM
I knew Mills would be a factor since last year's GS game if we just put him in the damn game more..

bklynspursfan
02-01-2014, 11:44 PM
True. But I really do think that he's starting to remind me of Mason Jr. and I don't like that at all. Belineli is getting worse. He's missing shots and his defense hasn't improved at all, it's even starting to regress a little bit. I know other players that provide a defensive presence aren't there, but that doesn't mean he can't work on his individual defense.

His role has also increased, maybe more than he's comfortable with in our system. He relished early on when we had everyone and he was basically just a role player off the bench getting some great open looks from guys like Manu/Diaw, etc... Not saying that's an excuse cause he played well in Chicago with an increased role, but I think once (or if rather) we get our full team back at once, his level of play might go up again.

Ice009
02-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Patty Mills is garbage.

Yeah OK, you're still a loser poster. Carry on.

RD2191
02-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Yeah OK, you're still a loser poster. Carry on.
:lmao

Darius Bieber
02-01-2014, 11:59 PM
Patty can be hit or miss. He's been known to go hard on scrub teams but has been coming up short on harder competition.

Ice009
02-02-2014, 12:08 AM
Patty can be hit or miss. He's been known to go hard on scrub teams but has been coming up short on harder competition.

Yeah, that is one thing that I've been on Patrick about. He doesn't seem to play as well against the best teams, but he's still learning and hasn't really gotten a lot of rotation minutes against the best teams in the NBA until this season, so I think a little more time against them would tell us if he can do it against them or not. So far, OKC has been a huge problem for him, and that doesn't bode well for either him or the team.

Boomersgold
02-02-2014, 12:15 AM
:lmao
Whose troll account is this, btw? Being able to post 9000 troll posts without being banned is quite the achievement.

RD2191
02-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Whose troll account is this, btw? Being able to post 9000 troll posts without being banned is quite the achievement.
:lol

RD2191
02-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Patty has actually been decent offensively against OKC, but his defense has been garbage against them.

jARS mEsH sEt
02-02-2014, 12:32 AM

It's not a troll account. Robdiaz is literally a psychopath. He posted once about beating the shit out of someone for something trivial (or at least wanting to) :rollin

He's literally a psychopath destined for lower middle class drudgery, assuming he doesn't get arrested on assault and battery charges first :lmao

RD2191
02-02-2014, 12:49 AM
It's not a troll account. Robdiaz is literally a psychopath. He posted once about beating the shit out of someone for something trivial (or at least wanting to) :rollin

He's literally a psychopath destined for lower middle class drudgery, assuming he doesn't get arrested on assault and battery charges first :lmao

Dex
02-02-2014, 12:57 AM
Really hard not to like Patty. Scrappy player, even if he is undersized. Gives 100% on the court. Beautiful jump shot. Was a great teammate last season when he was riding the end of the pine. Worked his tail off over the summer to come back and earn a spot in the rotation, and seems to be set on making the most of it.

Really hope he can keep it up so the Spurs can finally solve their backup PG woes, and Patty seems like Spurs material.

Nero5
02-02-2014, 01:33 AM
he's clearly been asked to score more with the current injuries and limited rotation. He has that ability, but to do it day in day out you need a lot of self confidence. Coming fromt he end of thebench and having your minutes mixed up all the time is hardly going to instill such confidence, esp against tougher opposition.

Biernutz
02-02-2014, 01:41 AM
Really hard not to like Patty. Scrappy player, even if he is undersized. Gives 100% on the court. Beautiful jump shot. Was a great teammate last season when he was riding the end of the pine. Worked his tail off over the summer to come back and earn a spot in the rotation, and seems to be set on making the most of it.

Really hope he can keep it up so the Spurs can finally solve their backup PG woes, and Patty seems like Spurs material.

:tu

Chinook
02-02-2014, 01:43 AM

I suggested he could way back in the original Beli thread. Most posters believed he was simply a 12th to 15th man. I still can't understand why they thought a poor defensive player like Beli could play the three.

Spursfanfromafar
02-02-2014, 02:00 AM
What is encouraging about Patty is that he has shown the determination to improve his limited game and has turned out to be so useful. His PER is now among the best for backup guards. He has been a very adequate replacement for George Hill as an offensive replacement in some sense.

Unlike others, I do think Patty has a role in the playoffs apart from Belinelli (who will be a spot up/cutting swingman). Patty's full court activism and running the floor could disrupt a tired offense/defense well into the postseason.

benfti
02-02-2014, 02:34 AM

He's literally a psychopath destined for lower middle class drudgery, assuming he doesn't get arrested on assault and battery charges first :lmaothen you can take to the bank that he is probably a 14 year old peon who looks 10 and has some strange skin condition, and the person he beat was is 8 year old sister for taking his minky.

spurs10
02-02-2014, 02:50 AM
His role has also increased, maybe more than he's comfortable with in our system. He relished early on when we had everyone and he was basically just a role player off the bench getting some great open looks from guys like Manu/Diaw, etc... Not saying that's an excuse cause he played well in Chicago with an increased role, but I think once (or if rather) we get our full team back at once, his level of play might go up again. :toast

jARS mEsH sEt
02-02-2014, 03:00 AM

Well I'm impressed that you were able to take my insulting post in stride! Maybe there's hope for you yet :lol

spurs10
02-02-2014, 03:05 AM
I suggested he could way back in the original Beli thread. Most posters believed he was simply a 12th to 15th man. I still can't understand why they thought a poor defensive player like Beli could play the three. Today when I heard Brown got signed on a 10 day contract, I thought good he's an NBA player. And then I thought, he's a 2 and not a 3...wtf. Surely, the fact that we have no one on the team at that position, when Kawhi is out, is not lost on Pop and RC. It's baffling to me. We can't play OKC and the Heat with Kawhi alone at the 3. Maybe if he plays 40 minutes a game. Patty is doing a pretty good job as TP's backup. Guess Manu is Kawhi's backup??

lefty
02-02-2014, 03:06 AM
Our best PG doin work

TJastal
02-02-2014, 08:03 AM

They can and they will.

TJastal
02-02-2014, 08:07 AM
Today when I heard Brown got signed on a 10 day contract, I thought good he's an NBA player. And then I thought, he's a 2 and not a 3...wtf. Surely, the fact that we have no one on the team at that position, when Kawhi is out, is not lost on Pop and RC. It's baffling to me. We can't play OKC and the Heat with Kawhi alone at the 3. Maybe if he plays 40 minutes a game. Patty is doing a pretty good job as TP's backup. Guess Manu is Kawhi's backup??

Manu at the backup 3 isn't a bad idea, IMHO. He played Durant extremely tough in the last thunder game, using mostly his upper body. Its honestly the best place to hide him nowadays and it will keep the wear and tear on his legs to a minimum.