PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Word on the street is Pau's heading to Phoenix?

RsxPiimp
02-02-2014, 12:38 PM
For Okafor and a 1st round pick.

Okafor has been injured all season, leaving many to wonder if the Suns would just let his contract expire this summer leaving max cap space to sign someone else.

But as of last Wednesday, the Suns started getting 80% of Okafor's remaining 2013-14 salary covered by insurance. That means the Suns are only on the hook for 20% of his salary for the rest of the season.

That also means that any team to which the Suns trade Okafor would basically be getting him for the cost of minimum salary player.

In return, the Suns could absorb a large contract (up to about $19.5 million full season value) in a simple 1:1 trade if need be. That kind of cap space allows an underachieving, big-spending team to save themselves some huge money this season. Some examples of huge expiring contracts on teams that could want to save money this season are Pau Gasol ($19.2 million, Lakers) and Kris Humphries ($12 million, Celtics).

Lakers are also rumored to go after E. Bledsoe this offseason.

superjames1992
02-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Bring him to the Spurs.

Xylus
02-02-2014, 12:50 PM
That isn't a rumor, that's an example of what the Suns could do.

Phoenix doesn't have interest in Pau. He's too old.

ElNono
02-02-2014, 12:54 PM
There's no reason to trade for Pau, IMO. He's going to hit free agency, and you can negotiate a better deal then without giving up anything.

Koolaid_Man
02-02-2014, 12:56 PM
That isn't a rumor, that's an example of what the Suns could do.

Phoenix doesn't have interest in Pau. He's too old.

I'm not commenting on it either way...I don't want to jinx the fuck job

AchillesHeel
02-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Lakers would be dumb not to do this, and Phoenix could use Pau.

Raven
02-02-2014, 01:17 PM
sure, they trade a first and a paid expiring to pay for an enormous expiring, that's good business :lmao

lefty
02-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Pau would be a horrible fit in that team

They run, they move a lot off the ball

He is not cut for Horny's system

AchillesHeel
02-02-2014, 01:38 PM
sure, they trade a first and a paid expiring to pay for an enormous expiring, that's good business :lmao

If they want to be serious about the Playoffs, MVPau could lead them to the promised land.

Raven
02-02-2014, 01:42 PM
If they want to be serious about the Playoffs, MVPau could lead them to the promised land.

why would they want that tbh, they are an overachiving team with 0 chances in the post season. Teams just don't do this type of trades anymore..

AchillesHeel
02-02-2014, 01:47 PM
why would they want that tbh, they are an overachiving team with 0 chances in the post season. Teams just don't do this type of trades anymore..

Worst case they give up a late 1st rounder for an expiring contract.

Yeah, Phoenix doesn't have to do this trade and they've probably already declined the offer from LA's FO, but Pau could help a young Playoff team out.

It's not like they're barely in the POs, they are 3.5 games away from HCA, if they face Clippers/Blazers in the first round, they have a good chance of advancing to the semis. They only have one more loss than Houston.

DeadlyDynasty
02-02-2014, 02:03 PM
You ever been in a relationship where it's deteriorated to the point that you hate everything about the person? The way she laughs, her passive-aggressiveness, and eventually her face? That's where the Lakers are at with Pau, and the feeling is probably reciprocated. He'll be appreciated years down the line for his services in 2009 and 2010, but we have nothing but contempt for him now.

Koolaid_Man
02-02-2014, 02:13 PM
You ever been in a relationship where it's deteriorated to the point that you hate everything about the person? The way she laughs, her passive-aggressiveness, and eventually her face? That's where the Lakers are at with Pau, and the feeling is probably reciprocated. He'll be appreciated years down the line for his services in 2009 and 2010, but we have nothing but contempt for him now.

Call me Mr. Progressive...

Trainwreck2100
02-02-2014, 02:32 PM
:lol dey got THAT NIGGA Plumlee anyways

ace3g
02-02-2014, 05:39 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
(https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine)ESPN story going online now: Phoenix Suns exploring feasibility of trade for Lakers big man Pau Gasol. Link coming momentarily

BatManu20
02-02-2014, 05:40 PM

lefty
02-02-2014, 05:41 PM
lol Batmanu too late

ace3g
02-02-2014, 05:42 PM
(https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine)Link to ESPN story on Suns exploring trade for Lakers' Pau Gasol - es.pn/1bl95dc (http://t.co/IMF1TiZlw9)

Buddy Mignon
02-02-2014, 06:19 PM
I smell pussy. Looks like we bout to do some fucking.

Katherine Robinson
02-02-2014, 06:19 PM
The Sun's medical staff could have Pau back to 2010 FMVP form in a month.

pgardn
02-02-2014, 06:36 PM

The Suns have a time machine.

RsxPiimp
02-02-2014, 06:40 PM
(https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine)ESPN story going online now: Phoenix Suns exploring feasibility of trade for Lakers big man Pau Gasol. Link coming momentarily

:lol Wow

RsxPiimp
02-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Story just came out

The Phoenix Suns have emerged as a potential trade suitor for Los Angeles Lakers center Pau Gasol, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Suns, among the options being weighed as part of their well-chronicled desire to acquire an established player as they make an unexpected playoff push this season, have been exploring the feasibility of trading for the Lakers' four-time All-Star.

The Suns are weighing the possibility of a trade for the Lakers' Pau Gasol, according to sources.
One option for the Suns, by virtue of their $5.6 million in available salary-cap space, is swapping the expiring contract of injured big man Emeka Okafor for Gasol, even though Okafor's $14.5 million salary this season falls well shy of Gasol's $19.3 million.

A trade for Okafor's expiring deal would not save the Lakers as much as a deal for Bynum would have, but it would come with undeniable financial benefits. The $4.8 million difference between Gasol's cap number and Okafor's would immediately drop the Lakers less than $3 million away from the league's luxury-tax threshold, meaning one more smaller deal before the Feb. 20 trade deadline could conceivably be enough to take them out of tax territory completely.

RsxPiimp
02-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Pau would be a horrible fit in that team

They run, they move a lot off the ball

He is not cut for Horny's system

The appeal of a Gasol trade is that the Suns would be adding a front-line big man for the rest of the season without impacting their future flexibility to pursue younger stars via free agency or trade. It also gives Phoenix a chance to evaluate Gasol -- as well as acquire his Larry Bird rights -- before he becomes a free agent in July to assess whether he's a long-term fit.

Stein

Thread
02-02-2014, 07:41 PM

Alex Len withstanding.

Thread
02-02-2014, 07:42 PM
The Suns have a time machine.

NBA Old Maid

Rogue
02-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Phoenix want to make a serious run this season and they wouldn't lose anything to get Gasol in town. would be a shrewd deal for Phoenix if the trade gets done imho.

Thread
02-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Phoenix want to make a serious run this season and they wouldn't lose anything to get Gasol in town. would be a shrewd deal for Phoenix if the trade gets done imho.

Wait till they put a saddle on him and attempt to mount.

Then they'll know.

Splits
02-02-2014, 10:39 PM
I smell pussy. Looks like we bout to do some fucking.

With Sakura? Say it ain't so

dT9YxcEOsTM

JMarkJohns
02-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Gambo says only mild interest, and no chance of 1sts being exchanged to Lakers.

He's a shit journalist, but a damn fine mouthpiece, so, I'll trust that.

Sportstudi
02-03-2014, 04:17 AM
Phoenix would be dumb to this. They wouldn't win anything with Pau as he doesn't fit into their system of running the ball. Secondly, even if they'll make the playoffs (very likely), the still won't get past the Spurs or OKC. Thirdly, Okafor for Gasol straight up is not even close to being just an expiring for an expiring trade. Since the Suns have cap room, they would be taking back $4M+ on Gasols contract. Okafors deal is also partially covered by insurance, so LAL would only need to pay him around $8.5M of his full $14.5M deal, thus saving them around $10M total this season. Thats a big chunk of change to be saving instantly. And the Lakers want another first rounder as well? Talking about a lopsided trade again favoring the Lakers, Gasol vol. 2. If the Suns make that trade straight up, or even worse, include a first rounder, their FO needs to get fired.

spurraider21
02-03-2014, 04:28 AM
i can see why the suns would do it. they have 4 firsts, and wouldn't mind unloading one for talent. it basically becomes Nash for Pau and first round pick :lmao

i can't imagine the suns taking the deal without getting a commitment from Pau, which i'm sure is something they would be interested in if they give up a first

Thread
02-03-2014, 04:36 AM
:lmao

I smell 6.

spurraider21
02-03-2014, 04:41 AM
I smell 6.
Where were you after the sweep?

Thread
02-03-2014, 04:42 AM
Where were you after the sweep?

I'll choose the time, place and inquisitor when I decide to take an exam.

Let us proceed...

RsxPiimp
02-03-2014, 10:58 AM
i can see why the suns would do it. they have 4 firsts, and wouldn't mind unloading one for talent. it basically becomes Nash for Pau and first round pick :lmao

i can't imagine the suns taking the deal without getting a commitment from Pau, which i'm sure is something they would be interested in if they give up a first
They can give Indiana's first, which honestly isn't worth shit since it will be a late pick. They don't need commitment from Gasol.

RsxPiimp
02-03-2014, 10:59 AM

They should take Nash back. :lol

Thread
02-03-2014, 11:05 AM
They don't need commitment from Gasol.

...just Howard across the center court jump, and/or Perkins pine shinin' that thug ass.

RsxPiimp
02-03-2014, 11:09 AM
...just Howard across the center court jump, and/or Perkins pine shinin' that thug ass.

Buddy Mignon
02-03-2014, 12:31 PM

Fucking Armenian think he knows basketball. I bet your eyebrows are doing the Tango as we speak.

spurraider21
02-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Fucking Armenian think he knows basketball. I bet your eyebrows are doing the Tango as we speak.
does the narrow eyed naruto fag really want to play the race game?

Thread
02-03-2014, 12:32 PM
^GD it. Get out of the way, 21.

Buddy Mignon
02-03-2014, 12:36 PM
does the narrow eyed naruto fag really want to play the race game?

Yes... you hairy armed goat cheese eating bastard.

spurraider21
02-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Yes... you hairy armed goat cheese eating bastard.
goat cheese is the shit tbh

LkrFan
02-03-2014, 03:16 PM
goat cheese is the shit tbh
:lol

Buddy Mignon
02-03-2014, 05:48 PM

I've been sleeping on that kid in your video.

djohn2oo8
02-03-2014, 05:50 PM
I've been sleeping on that kid in your video.
He ain't coming out this year :lol

Buddy Mignon
02-03-2014, 05:59 PM
He ain't coming out this year :lol

You won't see me preaching tank. Don't need him to come out this year. At some point they all want to play for the Lakers anyways.

djohn2oo8
02-03-2014, 06:06 PM
You won't see me preaching tank. Don't need him to come out this year. At some point they all want to play for the Lakers anyways.
Not really. Even Kobe wanted to leave, and it was Jerry who talked him into staying. Jerry ain't walking through that door.

RsxPiimp
02-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Mike_Breshanan: Main Reason Lakers and Suns haven't agreed on Gasol trade: Lakers want better draft pick than Suns current position (17th overall)

Thread
02-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Mike_Breshanan: Main Reason Lakers and Suns haven't agreed on Gasol trade: Lakers want better draft pick than Suns current position (17th overall)

& Gambo AM/.620 is claiming they won't convey anything except that Indiana pick, projected at #30.

djohn2oo8
02-03-2014, 07:35 PM
& Gambo AM/.620 is claiming they won't convey anything except that Indiana pick, projected at #30.
They shouldn't.

Thread
02-03-2014, 07:39 PM
They shouldn't.

Oh, shit, you're still around. Christ, yesterday it was DUNCAN burying his bone in my ass, now you've been there all day today.

djohn2oo8
02-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Oh, shit, you're still around. Christ, yesterday it was DUNCAN burying his bone in my ass, now you've been there all day today.
Facts cully, no one should be trading any picks for Gasol, they really shouldn't be trading for him at all

Thread
02-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Facts cully, no one should be trading any picks for Gasol, they really shouldn't be trading for him at all

For the right situation he could be a sage...he'd be free of Kobe and motivated to prove his worth. He'd be ideal in San Antonio, but, they'd much rather cut off their nose to spite their face. OKC would be another who could benefit from Gasol. You just can't ride him. Maybe Memphis with his brother.

djohn2oo8
02-03-2014, 07:50 PM
For the right situation he could be a sage...he'd be free of Kobe and motivated to prove his worth. He'd be ideal in San Antonio, but, they'd much rather cut off their nose to spite their face. OKC would be another who could benefit from Gasol. You just can't ride him. Maybe Memphis with his brother.
There is no reason to give up any assets being that he is a free agent in the summer and they could just sign him. All they need to do is just wait a few more months.

Thread
02-03-2014, 07:56 PM
There is no reason to give up any assets being that he is a free agent in the summer and they could just sign him. All they need to do is just wait a few more months.

Of course, but, then they don't get the 3 months when Pau is "supposedly" trying to earn his next contract, but, this supposed team is trying to get over the hump...Pau could help that goal. I don't think he'd transcend the Suns, but, he'd certainly cause the Spurs to realize an impact.

JMarkJohns
02-03-2014, 08:49 PM
They shouldn't include a 1st at all.

They don't need Gasol. He's a high-priced rental and the CAP relief to the Lakers in actual salary and future luxury savings is compensation enough for a disgruntled, oft-injured, 33-yo.

Screw including 1sts for a has-been rental.

Feels a little too Sarver like and too like like McDonough.

RsxPiimp
02-03-2014, 09:41 PM
It's amazing how little people value Gasol. So now all of a sudden, he's not even worth a mid round pick? :lol This is a guy whose putting up 20 an 10 and is possibly one of the best personality a locker room could have.

Personally, I'd rather keep Gasol for cheap next year but he's not taking a massive pay cut. Lakers are not gaining anything by trading him for another expiring. There's a reason why Mitch hasn't traded him yet, they all see the tremendous value that comes with him.

And Lakers are not trading him for cap relief :lol

djohn2oo8
02-03-2014, 09:47 PM
It's amazing how little people value Gasol. So now all of a sudden, he's not even worth a mid round pick? :lol This is a guy whose putting up 20 an 10 and is possibly one of the best personality a locker room could have.

Personally, I'd rather keep Gasol for cheap next year but he's not taking a massive pay cut. Lakers are not gaining anything by trading him for another expiring. There's a reason why Mitch hasn't traded him yet, they all see the tremendous value that comes with him.

And Lakers are not trading him for cap relief :lol

No one is trading a first round pick, a high one at that, for a guy who could decide not to re-sign with his new team.

Rogue
02-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Pau for Okafor straight swap would be a fair deal to both teams, and it would be a lopsided one if any pick is involved. Phoenix want a serious playoff run this season and they wouldn't lose nothing (in terms of talent, not financially) to acquire Pau. Pau is unhappy in LA and is owed 19m by the rebuilding LA team, so it'd also be a good deal to LA when it would allow them to get rid such a player while saving a big amount of money estimated to be 15m something

Although the pick to LA would make the trade look lopsided, it would still make sense. The Lakers got robbed in the Nash trade so its time for Phoenix to return the favor. NBA is a business after all, and that's why the Lockets should trade Asik to the Spurs for a low price (as a compensation for the Scola trade). Asik is being wasted on the bench anyway. But should ain't equal to "will" imho, especially when the Lockets are such an asshole franchise (based in the anus of this country)

djohn2oo8
02-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Pau for Okafor straight swap would be a fair deal to both teams, and it would be a lopsided one if any pick is involved. Phoenix want a serious playoff run this season and they wouldn't lose nothing (in terms of talent, not financially) to acquire Pau. Pau is unhappy in LA and is owed 19m by the rebuilding LA team, so it'd also be a good deal to LA when it would allow them to get rid such a player while saving a big amount of money estimated to be 15m something

Although the pick to LA would make the trade look lopsided, it would still make sense. The Lakers got robbed in the Nash trade so its time for Phoenix to return the favor. NBA is a business after all, and that's why the Lockets should trade Asik to the Spurs for a low price (as a compensation for the Scola trade). Asik is being wasted on the bench anyway. But should ain't equal to "will" imho, especially when the Lockets are such an asshole franchise (based in the anus of this country)

Fuck Asik, tbh.

RsxPiimp
02-03-2014, 11:08 PM
No one is trading a first round pick, a high one at that, for a guy who could decide not to re-sign with his new team.

It's the cost of doing business in this league. Everyone takes risk, which includes drafting. 17th pick is not a high pick to begin with, assuming that's where their lottery ends. After the 12th, it's mostly a crap shoot, you get guys like Nash, Parker once in a blue moon but overall a lot of picks in that range have journeymen careers. Given the option, it's well worth the risk.

It was said that Phoenix wanted Gasol to make a stronger playoff push. If that's true, they have an opportunity to demonstrate Phoenix is a franchise that will put him in the best position to end his career on a high note. Gasol would also have an opportunity to actually experience it first hand by finishing the season with the team. Phoenix appears to have great chemistry, has a world class medical staff and Hornacrk is doing great things there. That shit sells itself.

Thread
02-03-2014, 11:15 PM
It's the cost of doing business in this league. Everyone takes risk, which includes drafting. 17th pick is not a high pick to begin with, assuming that's where their lottery ends. After the 12th, it's mostly a crap shoot, you get guys like Nash, Parker once in a blue moon but overall a lot of picks in that range have journeymen careers. Given the option, it's well worth the risk.

It was said that Phoenix wanted Gasol to make a stronger playoff push. If that's true, they have an opportunity to demonstrate Phoenix is a franchise that will put him in the best position to end his career on a high note. Gasol would also have an opportunity to actually experience it first hand by finishing the season with the team. Phoenix appears to have great chemistry, has a world class medical staff and Hornacrk is doing great things there. That shit sells itself.

But they operate from a sphere of fear. They always have. They're small-time here and move inch-by-inch. Now they're petrified of doing something "wrong" and ruining what they've accomplished thus far. They've accomplished nothing, but, they can't see that. People are talking about them and they're getting stroked and they don't want that [attention] to end. You don't get to O & 45 without a pathology that renders it so.

RsxPiimp
02-03-2014, 11:37 PM
But they operate from a sphere of fear. They always have. They're small-time here and move inch-by-inch. Now they're petrified of doing something "wrong" and ruining what they've accomplished thus far. They've accomplished nothing, but, they can't see that. People are talking about them and they're getting stroked and they don't want that [attention] to end. You don't get to O & 45 without a pathology that renders it so.

Precisely how they view the whole situation:lol

JMarkJohns
02-04-2014, 12:44 AM
My thinking is you don't give up a 1st and take on salary, and help the Lakers save money when acquired player is both 33+OftInjured+Bolting

That's bullshit Sarver logic thinking there's no value late in drafts with the price.

This version of Gasol isn't getting them over the hump.

Build right. Stockpile 1sts, young players, CAP.

Don't sacrifice the future on the altar of the immediate unless you are contending for a Title.

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 10:52 AM

DeadlyDynasty
02-04-2014, 11:00 AM
I wish we could get his brother back, tbh...gonna need a defensive big to put next to Love in a year or two

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 11:03 AM
I wish we could get his brother back, tbh...gonna need a defensive big to put next to Love in a year or two
Does he have an opt out? (K.Love) Would think the Wolves would trade him before he walks.

Thread
02-04-2014, 11:10 AM

Unless it's a sure thing:::like last June in South Miami the Suns won't move an inch in any direction until like WWIII.

Stephen A. Smith
02-04-2014, 11:14 AM
My sources tell me that Lakers management is considering sending Gasol to Phoenix but not as part of any kind of deal with the Suns. Quite frankly they are sending him there to pick up Steve Nash's little brats in hopes that the point guard will flee to Canada.

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 11:15 AM
5. Los Angeles Lakers | Status: Tanking | Record: 16-31 (0-2)

The Lakers appear to be resigned to the idea that the lottery is the way for them to go right now. Yes, Kobe Bryant will be returning at some point, but they don't have to really help him. After several false alarms it appears that Pau Gasol is back on the table again. The Lakers' asking price is going down as they realize that removing Gasol alone might help them win a higher pick. Steve Nash is obviously available as well, but there aren't a lot of teams lining up to take on the last year and $9.7 million of his deal.

Thread
02-04-2014, 11:16 AM
My sources tell me that Lakers management is considering sending Gasol to Phoenix but not as part of any kind of deal with the Suns. Quite frankly they are sending him there to pick up Steve Nash's little brats in hopes that the point guard will flee to Canada.

I can't get mad at ya, Smitty. Without you it's 5-5 and Kobe has the shit bag. Instead?

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

RsxPiimp
02-04-2014, 11:24 AM
the Suns won't move an inch in any direction until like WWIII.

DeadlyDynasty
02-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Does he have an opt out? (K.Love) Would think the Wolves would trade him before he walks.

They're gonna try to shop him next year but it's a moot point...he wants to be back in LA. He'll be our 4 for the 15-16 season going forward.

DeadlyDynasty
02-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Also, if Marc's sister really wants out she'll play down the ankle injury. Hope so for our sake

RsxPiimp
02-04-2014, 12:41 PM
They're gonna try to shop him next year but it's a moot point...he wants to be back in LA. He'll be our 4 for the 15-16 season going forward.

It's a foregone conclusion.

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 12:51 PM
It's a foregone conclusion.
Like how Dwight was staying?

irishock
02-04-2014, 01:03 PM
I can't get mad at ya, Smitty. Without you it's 5-5 and Kobe has the shit bag. Instead?

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

ouch

RsxPiimp
02-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Like how Dwight was staying?

It was clear by AS break last year Dwight was not staying tbh. He and Kobe never got on the same page.

K. Love has expressed his dissatisfaction in Minnesota. He's a UCLA product, so he has ties in the area, the Lakers are also in a position to build around him since Kobe's contract is finito at that point. The stage is set for him to take over tbh.

Maybe it's not 100% but It shouldn't surprise anyone if he bolts for L.A.

Fabbs
02-04-2014, 01:26 PM
My thinking is you don't give up a 1st and take on salary, and help the Lakers save money when acquired player is both 33+OftInjured+Bolting

That's bullshit Sarver logic thinking there's no value late in drafts with the price.

This version of Gasol isn't getting them over the hump.

Build right. Stockpile 1sts, young players, CAP.

Don't sacrifice the future on the altar of the immediate unless you are contending for a Title.
Boom.
+ given the WWE Lakers history of bullshit trades, every reason to believe Gasol is injured and the injury will continue to lower and lower his effective level. If not already permanently injured. That shoe would fit 100%.

StrengthAndHonor
02-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Suns playing hardball for a worthless pick. :lol

SupremeGuy
02-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Why should Phoenix include a 1st? lol It's fucking idiotic.

Xylus
02-04-2014, 06:36 PM
The Suns aren't desperate so they don't need to cave in to the Lakers

Thread
02-04-2014, 07:01 PM
The Suns aren't desperate so they don't need to cave in to the Lakers

It ain't about desperate you stupid ass. It's about seizing a moment in an NBA where anything is possible (i.e, last June). But, your people won't move. They're inert with joy. They peek behind them, like the Clippers and see the Lakers sittin' there and they're happy as clams. It's enough.

Thread
02-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Suns playing hardball for a worthless pick. :lol

S&H Green Stamps gets it.

Thread
02-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Boom.
+ given the WWE Lakers history of bullshit trades, every reason to believe Gasol is injured and the injury will continue to lower and lower his effective level. If not already permanently injured. That shoe would fit 100%.

JM & Fabbs circling the last nickle on earth.

Thread
02-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Why should Phoenix include a 1st? lol It's fucking idiotic.

Because you stupid ass it's Number 30. It's without worth. Because the difference between Okafor & Gasol's money is $5 million. The last time they fucked around over $5 million Joe Johnson left them flat. Quit thinking--(Lakers) & (June '13)--take your head outta your ass and think past your fucking nose.

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Because you stupid ass it's Number 30. It's without worth. Because the difference between Okafor & Gasol's money is $5 million. The last time they fucked around over $5 million Joe Johnson left them flat. Quit thinking--(Lakers) & (June '13)--take your head outta your ass and think past your fucking nose.
It's not worthless if it's a stacked draft like they say.

Koolaid_Man
02-04-2014, 07:28 PM

I see you like having nasty sex...Carry on...I'm just watching :hat

irishock
02-04-2014, 07:29 PM
take your head outta your ass and think past your fucking nose.

Thread
02-04-2014, 07:37 PM
^I still got it!!!

Thread
02-04-2014, 07:38 PM
It's not worthless if it's a stacked draft like they say.

Now you're being just silly and purposely obtuse. Don't do that, I'll lose what little respect you've earned over the last week or so.

RsxPiimp
02-04-2014, 07:57 PM
JM & Fabbs circling the last nickle on earth.

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Sources told ESPN.com that, while there is substantive interest on both sides, it's believed Suns officials want to see how Gasol recovers from a strained groin before deciding whether to take talks to the next level.
Gasol, who received a PRP injection from Dr. Steven Yoon on Monday, is now projected to be out at least two weeks, according to the Lakers, after intitially being ruled out for a week. He is expected to be re-evaluated during All-Star Weekend.

Because the trade would not bring the Lakers all the way under the luxury tax, sources said L.A. remains insistent on getting back draft picks or young players in addition to salary cap savings for the 33-year-old Gasol.

:lmao Draft picks for an injured 33 year old.

Thread
02-04-2014, 08:11 PM
:lmao Draft picks for an injured 33 year old.

A big relief for the bag men downtown. Now they can go back to "surprising" everyone & depressing the NBA Standings button.

SupremeGuy
02-04-2014, 09:01 PM
Because you stupid ass it's Number 30. It's without worth. Because the difference between Okafor & Gasol's money is $5 million. The last time they fucked around over $5 million Joe Johnson left them flat. Quit thinking--(Lakers) & (June '13)--take your head outta your ass and think past your fucking nose.You and I both know you just want another team to bend over backwards for the Lakers, tbh.

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 09:02 PM
You and I both know you just want another team to bend over backwards for the Lakers, tbh.
And it's not gonna happen. Nope, those days are gone.

Thread
02-04-2014, 09:04 PM
You and I both know you just want another team to bend over backwards for the Lakers, tbh.

After the Suns bent over &&& CWEBB walked away from the bender/Horry I can enter my house justified.

tee, hee.

SupremeGuy
02-04-2014, 09:05 PM
And it's not gonna happen. Nope, those days are gone.I know. lol That's why he's getting so pissy about it.
:cry why won't they give us a 1st? :cry
:cry teams should always let us get the better end of every trade :cry
:cry kobe = 5, duncan = 4 :cry
:cry teehee :cry

Thread
02-04-2014, 09:06 PM
:cry kobe = 5, duncan = 4 :cry
:cry teehee :cry

I'm the man who became a legend in his own time.

Clipper Nation
02-04-2014, 09:15 PM
Dale is being chickenshit as usual.... you can't lodge O & 45 but then still beg for foodstamps from the Suns anyway :lol

Thread
02-04-2014, 09:24 PM
Dale is being chickenshit as usual.... you can't lodge O & 45 but then still beg for foodstamps from the Suns anyway :lol

O & 45!

Clipper Nation
02-04-2014, 09:27 PM
O & 45 & please give me more handouts! :cry
fify

Thread
02-04-2014, 09:35 PM
fify

Only pussies & assholes edit another man's post.

JMarkJohns
02-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Let me know when there's a line of teams waiting and able to take on a 20 million dollar injured player.

Phoenix is offering nearly 20 million in total savings by trading an insurer-paid contract, absorbing an additional 5 million beyond that, which save the lakers roughly 4 million in luxury tax.

That's enough.

If the Dr. Son wants to spend an unnecessary 20 million, cool.

I'll call the bluff.

Thread
02-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Let me know when there's a line of teams waiting and able to take on a 20 million dollar injured player.

Phoenix is offering nearly 20 million in total savings by trading an insurer-paid contract, absorbing an additional 5 million beyond that, which save the lakers roughly 4 million in luxury tax.

That's enough.

If the Dr. Son wants to spend an unnecessary 20 million, cool.

I'll call the bluff.

You're trying to beat somebody who isn't even in the ring with you because they're a 16 time champion and you're holding the Old Maid. Cutting off your nose to spite your face will only bring you 46, 47, on & on.

We're a tool, just like the other 28 teams you're trying to beat.

SupremeGuy
02-04-2014, 10:02 PM
lmao @ thread

Damn dude, you're so fucking pissed that teams aren't down for getting bent over in trades with the lakers anymore...

JMarkJohns
02-04-2014, 10:05 PM
I understand all that.

Still no need to trade any 1st.

Not yet. One report has Pau out until after the All-Star Break.

So Phoenix is just going throw in a 1st, and spend 15 million they don't have to for a player who'll be injured upon acquisition? I don't see that.

Mitch is smart for pushing. Most people hear late 1st and figure "sure!"

But I know you know even the last pick in the 1st isn't worthless.

If nothing else, it can be an add-on in an offer to move up a few slots in the draft.

I couldn't care less about chemistry. It's all about not needing to overpay.

Some reports have the Suns looking at Deng as well. I'd not throw in a 1st there, either.

Thread
02-04-2014, 10:06 PM
lmao @ thread

Damn dude, you're so fucking pissed that teams aren't down for getting bent over in trades with the lakers anymore...

:rolleyes

Thread
02-04-2014, 10:07 PM
I understand all that.

Still no need to trade any 1st.

Not yet. One report has Pau out until after the All-Star Break.

So Phoenix is just going throw in a 1st, and spend 15 million they don't have to for a player who'll be injured upon acquisition? I don't see that.

Mitch is smart for pushing. Most people hear late 1st and figure "sure!"

But I know you know even the last pick in the 1st isn't worthless.

If nothing else, it can be an add-on in an offer to move up a few slots in the draft.

I couldn't care less about chemistry. It's all about not needing to overpay.

Some reports have the Suns looking at Deng as well. I'd not throw in a 1st there, either.

You'll never learn.

Clipper Nation
02-04-2014, 10:09 PM
You're trying to beat somebody who isn't even in the ring with you because they're a 16 time champion and you're holding the Old Maid. Cutting off your nose to spite your face will only bring you 46, 47, on & on.

We're a tool, just like the other 28 teams you're trying to beat.
:cry "PLEASE give us more foodstamps!" :cry

Thread
02-04-2014, 10:13 PM
:cry "PLEASE give us more foodstamps!" :cry

:rolleyes

JMarkJohns
02-04-2014, 10:14 PM
You'll never learn.

Nobody is flocking to Phoenix via free agency like LA.

No need to treat the draft like its nothing when it's one of the only things ya got beyond trades, which also typically require draft picks. Ya know, when they are needed to be included.

Clipper Nation
02-04-2014, 10:17 PM
:lol I especially love the argument that the Suns should take MVPau if they want to win a ring, but then Dale denies that MVPau was the alpha for two championships in LA....

Thread
02-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Nobody is flocking to Phoenix via free agency like LA.

No need to treat the draft like its nothing when it's one of the only things ya got beyond trades, which also typically require draft picks. Ya know, when they are needed to be included.

I don't want to talk about it anymore.

Clipper Nation
02-04-2014, 10:19 PM
I don't want to talk about it anymore.

Here's a deal for you.... Byron Mullens, Ryan Hollins, and Antawn Jamison for MVPau.... done dealPERIOD :hat

Thread
02-04-2014, 10:21 PM
:lol I especially love the argument that the Suns should take MVPau if they want to win a ring, but then Dale denies that MVPau was the alpha for two championships in LA....

Never said such. Pau would give them a chance in an otherwise free-for-all NBA. & the risk/cost would be negligible: $5 million. Anything can happen, CN. Look at last June and your, I mean their Spurs. Anything is possible. There are not goliaths.

He'd be motivated to show Kobe and the Buss Family and he'd fit in well here in this city,,,long term.

I'm wasting my time though. You guys are incapable of a thought that doesn't encompass checking for your wallet every two minutes to make sure the "Lakers" haven't lifted it.

Killakobe81
02-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Meh, Id rather keep Pau no sense in giving away for Omeka's corpse. if he is not worth a late 1st to them let him stay with us.

Killakobe81
02-04-2014, 10:25 PM
LOL MVPau not worth a late 1st rounder?! to hear fans tell it on here he was primary reason for 15 and 16 ...

Clipper Nation
02-04-2014, 10:26 PM
Never said such. Pau would give them a chance in an otherwise free-for-all NBA.

Then it's:::

Daddy: 3 (as a Laker)

MVPau: 2

the tired old brick chucker Kirby: 0

Thread
02-04-2014, 10:27 PM
Then it's:::

Daddy: 3 (as a Laker)

MVPau: 2

the tired old brick chucker Kirby: 0

I'm not playing grab-ass with you tonite, CN. I'm not doing it. Grow up.

Clipper Nation
02-04-2014, 10:28 PM
I'm not playing grab-ass with you tonite, CN.
& Kirby's not budging from the shit end of the 2>0 alpha stick with MVPau :lol

Bynumite
02-04-2014, 10:31 PM
LOL MVPau not worth a late 1st rounder?! to hear fans tell it on here he was primary reason for 15 and 16 ...

According to spurfan he's MVPau, the best player on the Lakers roster, a double double machine, a top big man and the true MVP of the repeat. When he's involved in trade rumors, he's just a 33 year old injured player not worth jack shit.

Thread
02-04-2014, 10:32 PM
^Killa & Mighty.

JMarkJohns
02-04-2014, 11:08 PM
I'm not SpursFan suffering from little brother syndrome needing to tear down Kobe to enable their preening puffery.

I've never had a problem acknowledging Kobe's greatness. Not here, not elsewhere. If Cubby's not so upset with me for the disagreeing, he'll acknowledge such.

Pau is a strong player still. But he's old, injured, and bolting.

If he was younger, not injured, yeah, he's worth 1st/Prospect/CAP.

But he's not. So, why pay more until you have to.

ElNono
02-04-2014, 11:22 PM

Of course he is worth that. The question is why give up a pick at all when you can wait him up until the end of the season, and talk numbers directly with him without having to give up anything in the process.