PDA

View Full Version : In N Out Coming to San Antonio

baseline bum
02-02-2014, 02:57 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/First-In-N-Out-confirmed-5193717.php

SAN ANTONIO — Windcrest will get the San Antonio area's first In-N-Out Burger restaurant, city officials have announced.

It will be located off Interstate 35 and Walzem Road where the old Frost Bank building is now, Mayor Alan Baxter said. The building will be demolished and the In-N-Out will go there along with a new hotel and another restaurant.

The property is owned by a private partnership and is being developed by Cencor Realty Services.

“It's amazing. This is when you know something's happening. They buy the land, and are just going to knock it (old Frost Bank) down and then still make a profit on their investment,” Baxter said.

The Windcrest Planning and Zoning Commission is scheduled to meet next Thursday to consider a plat for the site, and Baxter said the City Council will call a special meeting shortly after the P&Z meeting to approve the plat to get the plan on a fast track.

No estimated timeline for construction was released.

Previously, it had been reported that 29 NEL LLC, a shell company which lists the same address as the hamburger chain's real estate department, recently purchased land at the corner of Loop 410 and McCullough Avenue.

A representative with In-N-Out did not confirm the company's plans for the location, where a T.G.I. Friday's currently sits.

However, the owner of that franchised restaurant said he maintains a lease on the building and has no intentions of vacating the premises soon.

In-N-Out officials have not confirmed their interest in the Windcrest property, either, but have previously indicated that the company is planning to open a restaurant in the San Antonio area soon.

Read more about this at ExpressNews.com

Staff writer Neal Morton contributed to this report.

[email protected]

baseline bum
02-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Kind of strange to see them open up on Walzem. I mean haven't their Texas locations been in well to do suburbs like Plano? Surprised to see them open on a street full of hookers tbh.

RD2191
02-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Overrated.

baseline bum
02-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Overrated.

Yeah, but still better than garbage Whataburger and pretty good for McDonald's prices.

johnsmith
02-02-2014, 03:11 PM
I went a couple weeks ago to see what the fuss is all about. There was well over a 100 fucking people there and probably 30 cars in line at the drive thru. I ordered the burger, animal style, I really don't see what the big deal is about this place. I thought it tasted like pretty much every fast food hamburger I've ever had.

jeebus
02-02-2014, 03:12 PM
fat fucks in the city are rejoicing.

johnsmith
02-02-2014, 03:13 PM

So most everyone?

jeebus
02-02-2014, 03:13 PM
I went a couple weeks ago to see what the fuss is all about. There was well over a 100 fucking people there and probably 30 cars in line at the drive thru. I ordered the burger, animal style, I really don't see what the big deal is about this place. I thought it tasted like pretty much every fast food hamburger I've ever had.
YEAH BUT THE FRIES ARE CUT EVERY DAY AND THE PATTIES ARE NEVER FROZEN SO WHY ARE YOU SUCH A HATER LOLZ FAGGOT

RD2191
02-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Yeah, but still better than garbage Whataburger and pretty good for McDonald's prices.
You're on crack, son.

baseline bum
02-02-2014, 03:15 PM

Will probably be a couple of months before you can go there and see a normal drive thru line. I'm betting on a 5 hour wait in line opening day since Austin's was something like 3 hrs.

jeebus
02-02-2014, 03:16 PM
So most everyone?
yes. pretty much :lol

You're on crack, son.
I had whataburger once since the 90s, when I got out of the chair force. it was extremely mediocre and I still don't understand the fuss about it.

baseline bum
02-02-2014, 03:23 PM
I had whataburger once since the 90s, when I got out of the chair force. it was extremely mediocre and I still don't understand the fuss about it.

You don't like shakes that taste like they were made with Kool Aid or paying twice as much for a burger on par with Jack in the Crack?

DPG21920
02-02-2014, 03:24 PM
In and Out sucks. It's no where near as good as Whataburger in TX and that's saying something. I would never go back to In and Out. There are literally 20 other places, fast food or otherwise, that have clear cut better burgers.

johnsmith
02-02-2014, 03:25 PM
In and Out sucks. It's no where near as good as Whataburger in TX and that's saying something. I would never go back to In and Out. There are literally 20 other places, fast food or otherwise, that have clear cut better burgers.

I don't particularly care for whataburger either but I totally agree on the in and out

jeebus
02-02-2014, 03:27 PM
You don't like shakes that taste like they were made with Kool Aid or paying twice as much for a burger on par with Jack in the Crack?

:cry no tbh

DPG21920
02-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Ya - I really am not saying Whataburger is good, but compared to In & Out? I definitely think it's better which is sad. So either the franchise/quality has diluted due to expansion or people in Cali have terrible taste in burgers tbh..

RD2191
02-02-2014, 03:29 PM

baseline bum
02-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Never had In N Out outside Cali, so maybe they really do suck here. But in California they're pretty good, especially for McDonald's prices. Shakes are outstanding.

DPG21920
02-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Never had In N Out outside Cali, so maybe they really do suck here. But in California they're pretty good, especially for McDonald's prices. Shakes are outstanding.

Never had the shake - just had one burger/fry at the request of a friend. I can't imagine their shakes would be as good as Steak & Shake...I don't drink shakes/eat burgers often, but Steak & Shake easily has the best fast food shake I have ever had.

jeebus
02-02-2014, 03:35 PM
I've never had an In n Out shake but the ones from Sonic can be pretty good. I was disappointed in Dairy Queen's shakes since ice cream is their thing.

Def Rowe
02-02-2014, 03:37 PM
If you drive home, and eat your burger 15 minutes later when the fat is congealed, the tomato got soggy and the bun got hard then yes, they're overrated. If you're hungry as fuck, and you eat one within 5 minutes it's the best damn burger you've ever had in your life. All the ingredients are fresh. The meat inside the burger was walking around 2 days earlier.

RD2191
02-02-2014, 03:41 PM
Maybe its one of those taste better after a long night of drinking foods. We usually hit up Whataburger at 3 AM after getting wasted. :lol

DPG21920
02-02-2014, 03:42 PM
If you drive home, and eat your burger 15 minutes later when the fat is congealed, the tomato got soggy and the bun got hard then yes, they're overrated. If you're hungry as fuck, and you eat one within 5 minutes it's the best damn burger you've ever had in your life. All the ingredients are fresh. The meat inside the burger was walking around 2 days earlier.

Nah - I dined in and it sucked :lol

leemajors
02-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Ya - I really am not saying Whataburger is good, but compared to In & Out? I definitely think it's better which is sad. So either the franchise/quality has diluted due to expansion or people in Cali have terrible taste in burgers tbh..

In N Out is far superior imo, even in TX. Whataburger does find some real gems to work the counter, though.

Buddy Mignon
02-02-2014, 06:25 PM
In N Out is far superior imo, even in TX. Whataburger does find some real gems to work the counter, though.

You mean like real live retards? I went to one because you guys mention this slop joint so often and I threw my shit out the window. Nothing was in order... shit was sloppy and the people inside definitely rode the small bus.

McGusto55
02-02-2014, 06:42 PM

Wtf..whatabuger...ain't garbage

Rogue
02-02-2014, 08:53 PM
I think that most people living in the industrialized world are supposed to eat for health rather than taste, nutrition over flavor imho. Bitches may starve themselves to look thin but I don't see no point for males in doing this. And that's why the minimum size for a grown male to be considered normal has already reached 5'6 something, though there're still exceptions, of course

Leetonidas
02-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Whataburger is the shit tbh y'all are just haters :cry

Suspect
02-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Texans love to defend their shit :cry whataburger da best, stahp :cry

In n Out is way better than whataburger

gameFACE
02-02-2014, 11:17 PM
LOL In N Out's "special sauce". At least Whataburger doesn't stoop to put 1000 Island dressing on their burgers.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-02-2014, 11:36 PM
You mean like real live retards? I went to one because you guys mention this slop joint so often and I threw my shit out the window. Nothing was in order... shit was sloppy and the people inside definitely rode the small bus.

:lmao

Spur|n|Austin
02-03-2014, 12:03 AM
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/37/2a/c5/short-stop.jpg

Nbadan
02-03-2014, 12:34 AM
Yeah, the Texas In and Out is not quite to the level of the Cali stores, but their still good and I like Whataburger too...hold the mustard and onions...

Mark in Austin
02-03-2014, 03:48 AM
Shakes are outstanding.

This is true. The rest of the menu, meh.

byrontx
02-03-2014, 08:46 AM
Just a hamburger chain...anyone that cares needs something in their life.

Spur|n|Austin
02-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Just a hamburger chain...anyone that cares needs something in their life.

Gotta agree; especially the ones sitting in line for hours on hours just to get a fatty burger. Mind boggling.

I. Hustle
02-03-2014, 09:42 AM

http://i.imgur.com/YK6J4.gif

I. Hustle
02-03-2014, 09:45 AM

That's boolsheet. Maybe not the idiots working the counter since anyone who works ANY counter (that isn't in high school) is an idiot.

djohn2oo8
02-03-2014, 09:58 AM
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/37/2a/c5/short-stop.jpg
Hell fucking yes. That was the shit, but they have been out of business here for years, well in this area.

djohn2oo8
02-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Not a fast food place, but Johnny Rockets has the best shakes and burgers.

mouse
02-03-2014, 10:04 AM
jQowy9DdY8k

baseline bum
02-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Not a fast food place, but Johnny Rockets has the best shakes and burgers.

I'd take Chris Madrid's or Chesters over Johnny Rockets any day.

Bill_Brasky
02-03-2014, 10:54 AM
In and out sucks. Whatabuger is awful too.

Little Red Wagon every day special for me. Only 6 bucks too.

mrsmaalox
02-03-2014, 11:08 AM
As much time as I spend in Austin, I thought I'd have gotten there by now. But there's too many other interesting restaurants to explore. Anyway, my son and his girlfriend made it over there this last weekend and I told him to let me know right away how it was. "It was okay except for the 1000 Island dressing dripping out." Right there is 2 things I hate: 1000 Island Dressing and drippy burgers. Kinda losing interest.

ToughActinTinactin
02-03-2014, 12:14 PM
How hard is it to make a damn milkshake?

I. Hustle
02-03-2014, 12:21 PM
This place is sounding worse and worse by the post. Thousand Island Dressing? :vomit

ChumpDumper
02-03-2014, 02:42 PM
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/37/2a/c5/short-stop.jpgYeah, full meal special for less than $5 sates my burger fix.

Sandy's has the same deal with bigger burgers, and it's right next to a Whataburger. I go there before events at the Long Center or Palmer on the right days.

Xevious
02-04-2014, 11:16 AM
I ate there once and it sucked. I don't get the obsession people have over fast food burgers. There are tons of better places to get a good hamburger if that's what you want. Fast food is for convenience.

Nbadan
02-06-2014, 02:00 AM
I'd take Chris Madrid's or Chesters over Johnny Rockets any day.

....2 of my top 5

1. Chris Madrids
2. Longhorn Cafe
3. Texas Roadhouse
4. The little red wagon (uncle Barney's) Southside UP!
5. Chesters

Nbadan
02-06-2014, 02:05 AM
As much time as I spend in Austin, I thought I'd have gotten there by now. But there's too many other interesting restaurants to explore. Anyway, my son and his girlfriend made it over there this last weekend and I told him to let me know right away how it was. "It was okay except for the 1000 Island dressing dripping out." Right there is 2 things I hate: 1000 Island Dressing and drippy burgers. Kinda losing interest.

Give it a chance....it's not bad for fast food..the fresh patties and cut fries are good..