PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Deng shocked at the mess that's the Cavaliers

ElNono
02-02-2014, 03:26 PM
As Deng recently told one close friend, “the stuff going on in practice would never be tolerated by the coaching staff or the front office back in Chicago. It’s a mess.”

Deng was brought in to help clean it up when he arrived in a deal for Andrew Bynum on Jan. 7. But since then, he’s seen players get thrown out of practice, take off their uniform tops at halftime and threaten not to play, mouth off to Brown and generally act like spoiled brats. …

There is no accountability, as Dion Waiters found out when he was kicked out of practice last week but still got his usual minutes against the Knicks.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/02/report-luol-deng-shocked-at-mess-that-is-the-cavaliers/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

jeebus
02-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Yup. I'm sure Lebeta will be going back there after his contract is up :lol

baseline bum
02-02-2014, 03:37 PM
What the fuck are they paying Mike Brown for? He's obviously not an Xs and Os coach but he's not a motivator either? LOL Gilbert and his retard kid getting what they deserve.

Clipper Nation
02-02-2014, 03:38 PM
:lmao People thinking LeBron's ever going back to that dump
:lmao People criticizing him for leaving that dump to begin with

crc21209
02-02-2014, 03:40 PM
I always laugh at people and especially the "experts" on BSPN who ever thought that LeBron would return to that hell hole...:lol

irishock
02-02-2014, 03:41 PM
I hope LeBron gives the Cavs plenty of false hope only to accept his player option for next year

The Batman
02-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Where is that gif of LeBron coaching in the huddle and Mike Brown just standing there

DPG21920
02-02-2014, 03:54 PM
I can't believe some of these stories. These scrubs smh..

ElNono
02-02-2014, 04:13 PM
The Cavs were supposed to challenge for a playoff spot, but not to worry. All the losing isn’t keeping them from having a good time. During their trip to New York, several players enjoyed themselves immensely the night before the game against the Knicks, partying into the wee hours with J.R. Smith, Iman Shumpert and 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick, and other NFL players. Their late-night/early morning carousing played a factor when they didn’t even try in their blow-out loss to the Knicks.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-deng-isn-happy-traded-mess-cleveland-article-1.1598983

ElNono
02-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Cavs have now lost 7 of the last 11 since the Deng trade...

DeadlyDynasty
02-02-2014, 04:16 PM
The Cavs were supposed to challenge for a playoff spot, but not to worry. All the losing isn’t keeping them from having a good time. During their trip to New York, several players enjoyed themselves immensely the night before the game against the Knicks, partying into the wee hours with J.R. Smith, Iman Shumpert and 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick, and other NFL players. Their late-night/early morning carousing played a factor when they didn’t even try in their blow-out loss to the Knicks.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-deng-isn-happy-traded-mess-cleveland-article-1.1598983
Can Technique verify this?

Chinook
02-02-2014, 04:32 PM
They make Sacramento look like a competent organization. But this is what happens when a team's best player is a non-HoF child. Deng can't fix that, and most folks who can, (Lebron, KG, Duncan) don't want to touch that. They really need to jettison those brats so solid vets. Give Orlando whatever they want for Afflalo, for example. They're noy building anything by giving the kids the keys to the car and letting them joyride back to Lottery Land.

DMC
02-02-2014, 04:36 PM
What the fuck are they paying Mike Brown for? He's obviously not an Xs and Os coach but he's not a motivator either? LOL Gilbert and his retard kid getting what they deserve.

The head coach only has teeth if the ownership backs it up.

DMC
02-02-2014, 04:38 PM

This isn't new. I saw the Blazers do it 20+ years ago and lost the next day (playoff game) to SA. Portland was dragging their asses up and down the court and got crushed. They ended up winning the series however.

When you see these blowout games that don't make sense, you have to factor in that the other team probably partied all night.

Mal
02-02-2014, 04:44 PM
Mike Brown :lmao
Byron Scott :lmao
Kyrie Irving :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
02-02-2014, 04:56 PM
What does Fuzzy think of this?

Jodelo
02-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Where is that gif of LeBron coaching in the huddle and Mike Brown just standing there

http://e1.vingle.net/c_limit,q_85/pffmbchscr3p0arbw0qk.gif

baseline bum
02-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Seems like Kyrie has poisoned that team.

ambchang
02-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Lebron being the natural leader allowed Cleveland to be a semi discipled organizAtion back in the day despite having brown as the coach. Mike brown has not been able to control a locker room since.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-03-2014, 01:31 AM
What does Fuzzy think of this?

Think of what?

DeadlyDynasty
02-03-2014, 01:33 AM
The Mutiny on the Brownty

Thread
02-03-2014, 04:46 AM
Queer of Media to allow this "mess" to see the light of day. Without their suppression there is most likely plenty of company. Cleveland ain't alone.

spurraider21
02-03-2014, 04:49 AM
Queer of Media to allow this "mess" to see the light of day. Without their suppression there is most likely plenty of company. Cleveland ain't alone.
Where were you after the sweep?

Thread
02-03-2014, 04:51 AM
Where were you after the sweep?

lmcontrollinao!!!

AchillesHeel
02-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Can't believe Lakers went to the semis with that shitty coach :lol

Killakobe81
02-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Lebron being the natural leader allowed Cleveland to be a semi discipled organizAtion back in the day despite having brown as the coach. Mike brown has not been able to control a locker room since.

I call bullshit. Cavs were good because LeBron is a beast and a great team-mate but his leadership is overrated. Much like Kobe and Shaq he needed a hof coach to take on much of the leadership ...
And even Tim doesn't have 4 without pop .. buy maybe pop cost him 5 ...

Thread
02-03-2014, 11:18 PM
^Damn, Killa committing an intentional killin'.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-04-2014, 03:14 AM
The Mutiny on the Brownty

Who was the white assistant that you guys were crediting for his success?

DeadlyDynasty
02-04-2014, 03:17 AM
Who was the white assistant that you guys were crediting for his success?
What success?

Thebesteva
02-04-2014, 03:30 AM
:lmao People thinking LeBron's ever going back to that dump
:lmao People criticizing him for leaving that dump to begin with

I dont think people criticized him for leaving the franchise as much as the way he did it and the fact he had to team up with his rival to win rings. It's no different than MJ reaching out to Clyde Drexler after going winless for 7 years and asking him for his help. It's never been done before, to be fair, he's a trend setter now.

Whether you like it or not, The Decision was the worst fucking idea of all time. Oh but but it was for the children :'( ' ' ' ' ' '

Thread
02-04-2014, 07:02 AM
^There was the charter "decision" when Magic made it a point to run Westhead off and take command there. At that point Media had a choice:::do the right thing, the tried & true and side the organization. Media did not. The vast lion's share of Media's response was abject silence as Westhead was lynched. When it "worked" they championed Magic after the fact and the template had been struck. When you cross a line like that (like Roe V. Wade in '71) you can never go back.

And we never have.

ambchang
02-04-2014, 08:55 AM
I call bullshit. Cavs were good because LeBron is a beast and a great team-mate but his leadership is overrated. Much like Kobe and Shaq he needed a hof coach to take on much of the leadership ...
And even Tim doesn't have 4 without pop .. buy maybe pop cost him 5 ...

Brown proved his total lack of leadership, even during the Lebron Cavs days. The only reason the Cavs didn't implode as spectacularly as it should was because of Lebron. Other than the Delonte West spectacle (and a spectacle that was), the Cavs achieved what they were capable of, and in some ways, more than they should be capable of.

Since Cleveland, Brown lasted less than a season with the Lakers before mutiny cost him his job, and has now totally lost control of the players in Cleveland. If it wasn't Lebron, who was filling that void back in the day? Varaejo? Ilgauskas?

In Miami, Spoelstra never struck anyone as a larger than life coach, like Riley, Daly, Jackson, or Pop, and yet the team won 2 championships in three tries, and Lebron was a huge part of that leadership equation. Was he the sole source? No, players like Wade and Battier surely pulled their share, but Lebron is obviously the biggest.

ambchang
02-04-2014, 08:57 AM
^Damn, Killa committing an intentional killin'.

:lol, piggybacking on somebody else's even though the argument is pure speculation because I have been neutering you like the chickenshit you are.

Chickenshit.

ambchang
02-04-2014, 09:07 AM
^There was the charter "decision" when Magic made it a point to run Westhead off and take command there. At that point Media had a choice:::do the right thing, the tried & true and side the organization. Media did not. The vast lion's share of Media's response was abject silence as Westhead was lynched. When it "worked" they championed Magic after the fact and the template had been struck. When you cross a line like that (like Roe V. Wade in '71) you can never go back.

And we never have.

Revisionist history again. The media crucified Magic and painted him to be a diva coach killer. His 1984 finals performance piled on his then negative reputation, and got his Tragic Johnson moniker. That was the only year Magic was not on the All-NBA team 1st team in his career (other than 1996 comeback year). it was also the only year other than his rookie year and the comeback year that he didn't finish top 3 in MVP voting. In fact, that year, Magic didn't even START the all star game due to fan backlash (from media).

The Paul Westhead incident was worse than Kobe's rape allegations (not a surprise since it affected a man rather than a woman, and we know the moral compass of an average Lakers fan).

Thread
02-04-2014, 11:14 AM
:lol, piggybacking on somebody else's even though the argument is pure speculation because I have been neutering you like the chickenshit you are.

Chickenshit.

Gotcha!

Killakobe81
02-04-2014, 01:09 PM
Brown proved his total lack of leadership, even during the Lebron Cavs days. The only reason the Cavs didn't implode as spectacularly as it should was because of Lebron. Other than the Delonte West spectacle (and a spectacle that was), the Cavs achieved what they were capable of, and in some ways, more than they should be capable of.

Since Cleveland, Brown lasted less than a season with the Lakers before mutiny cost him his job, and has now totally lost control of the players in Cleveland. If it wasn't Lebron, who was filling that void back in the day? Varaejo? Ilgauskas?

In Miami, Spoelstra never struck anyone as a larger than life coach, like Riley, Daly, Jackson, or Pop, and yet the team won 2 championships in three tries, and Lebron was a huge part of that leadership equation. Was he the sole source? No, players like Wade and Battier surely pulled their share, but Lebron is obviously the biggest.

Riles is the leader, both Spo and Lebron are riding his coat-tails from that (leadership) perspective. Dont get me wrong I think Lebron has grown as leader the past two seasons ... but he wasnt a great leader in cleveland and as amazing as he was as a player it showed in his team's playoff failures. The Finals loss to Dallas helped tremendously.But I dont think he was all that great a leader for the Cavs, WOjo write an article that showed what a poor leader he was that time ... I am too lazy to look it up. Lebron was just THAT good as a player. I have done nothing but praise him on the court and I think he still has GOAT potential ...but the overrating of Lebron has reached Manningesque levels. Both players are great enough on their own merits we dont have to point to some magical leadership skills bullshit credit that both get. They are both great, both in the GOAT convo but yall need to stop.

ambchang
02-04-2014, 02:20 PM
Riles is the leader, both Spo and Lebron are riding his coat-tails from that (leadership) perspective. Dont get me wrong I think Lebron has grown as leader the past two seasons ... but he wasnt a great leader in cleveland and as amazing as he was as a player it showed in his team's playoff failures. The Finals loss to Dallas helped tremendously.But I dont think he was all that great a leader for the Cavs, WOjo write an article that showed what a poor leader he was that time ... I am too lazy to look it up. Lebron was just THAT good as a player. I have done nothing but praise him on the court and I think he still has GOAT potential ...but the overrating of Lebron has reached Manningesque levels. Both players are great enough on their own merits we dont have to point to some magical leadership skills bullshit credit that both get. They are both great, both in the GOAT convo but yall need to stop.

Riley certain had his hand in the leadership department, but the man doesn't go into the locker room every game, go to practice every day, get on the team bus/plane, and go on road trips with the team. Lebron is the de facto leader on that team, shared with Wade and respected vets like Battier, and maybe Allen.

With the Cavs, Lebron led by his immense talent and not being a poisonous snake in the locker room. Was he a great leader? Most definitely not, but he was great enough to not have his teammates hold a mutiny and kick Brown out.

Clipper Nation
02-04-2014, 02:22 PM
I dont think people criticized him for leaving the franchise as much as the way he did it and the fact he had to team up with his rival to win rings. It's no different than MJ reaching out to Clyde Drexler after going winless for 7 years and asking him for his help. It's never been done before, to be fair, he's a trend setter now.

Whether you like it or not, The Decision was the worst fucking idea of all time. Oh but but it was for the children :'( ' ' ' ' ' '
The Decision was badass, tbh.... every hater tuned in to see LeBron and then get all butthurt when he didn't pick their team :lmao

Seriously one of the most epic trolljobs in sports history :lol

The only way it would have been better is if he "took his talents" to the Clippers instead of Miami, tbh :downspin:

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-04-2014, 02:27 PM
The Decision was badass, tbh.... every hater tuned in to see LeBron and then get all butthurt when he didn't pick their team :lmao

Seriously one of the most epic trolljobs in sports history :lol

The only way it would have been better is if he "took his talents" to the Clippers instead of Miami, tbh :downspin:

No, it was bitch-made.

ElNono
02-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Team leader Lebron...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/419529/lebron-james-dancing-o.gif

Thebesteva
02-04-2014, 02:57 PM
No, it was bitch-made.

Definitely bitch made, tho, Clipper Nation probably appreciated it since he was one of the children in the audience at the time.

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 02:59 PM
Definitely bitch made, tho, Clipper Nation probably appreciated it since he was one of the children in the audience at the time.
Bitchmade is trying to get all your teammates traded because you can't adjust your game.

Clipper Nation
02-04-2014, 04:00 PM

Bitchmade? No, this was bitchmade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKI8K7GP3NM

HI-FI
02-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Team leader Lebron...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/419529/lebron-james-dancing-o.gif

what about his epic pre game speeches...."yo, my reputation is on the line, all us niggaz gotta diez for something, y'all feel me, i got corporationz breathing down my nek yo."

and lol at Clipper Nation trying to defend the Decision. Not as bad as Kobe, but still one of the worst PR moves in the history of sports.

Thebesteva
02-04-2014, 09:01 PM

Bitchmade is trying to get all your teammates traded because you can't adjust your game.

Kobe is a little bitch too. Im not defending that nigga. To me, Kobe is one of the GOAT when it came to physical abilities and high IQ playing UNDER Phil Jackson. As far as a leader hes horrible.

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 09:03 PM
what about his epic pre game speeches...."yo, my reputation is on the line, all us niggaz gotta diez for something, y'all feel me, i got corporationz breathing down my nek yo."

and lol at Clipper Nation trying to defend the Decision. Not as bad as Kobe, but still one of the worst PR moves in the history of sports.

Not really. People were going to hate him for leaving Cleveland anyway. It's the social media age, doing it on tv was brilliant and unprecedented.

Thread
02-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Kobe is a little bitch too. Im not defending that nigga. To me, Kobe is one of the GOAT when it came to physical abilities and high IQ playing UNDER Phil Jackson. As far as a leader hes horrible.

Though he led Artest to it--then made him.

Thebesteva
02-04-2014, 09:06 PM

Though I prefer this version (LOL @0:55)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdlNOfmClDQ

Clipper Nation
02-04-2014, 09:09 PM
Not really. People were going to hate him for leaving Cleveland anyway. It's the social media age, doing it on tv was brilliant and unprecedented.
Plus he had the balls to do it directly.... not talking through an agent, not pulling the Kirby route and throwing games and talking shit about his teammates behind their backs....

Clipper Nation
02-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Though he led Artest to it--then made him.
MVPau led both of themPERIOD

Thread
02-04-2014, 09:24 PM
MVPau led both of themPERIOD

Please.

HI-FI
02-04-2014, 09:28 PM
The Decision was not smart, he could've handled it much better. Not sure why you guys are celebrating it when even Lebron has regretted it. I was going to cut him slack for it but then there was the WWE/Source Awards shit where he did "not one....not two....". That was the icing on the cake. He's tried hard to rehabilitate his image with the family man/Man of the People commercials.

I think had he not done the "not one....not two" shit afterwards, the Decision wouldn't have turned him into the villain, which he didn't like being, just more of a douche. Pretty sure Lebron did it based on the advice of Maverick Carter.

Thread
02-04-2014, 09:34 PM
The Decision was not smart, he could've handled it much better. Not sure why you guys are celebrating it when even Lebron has regretted it. I was going to cut him slack for it but then there was the WWE/Source Awards shit where he did "not one....not two....". That was the icing on the cake. He's tried hard to rehabilitate his image with the family man/Man of the People commercials.

& you had the chance last June to put him tangibly in the shit, make him less than a soothsayer, but, you failed and now he is made. You're complicit, HI.

HI-FI
02-04-2014, 09:38 PM
& you had the chance last June to put him tangibly in the shit, make him less than a soothsayer, but, you failed and now he is made. You're complicit, HI.
And you had the chance to stick around after the Sweep, to at least stick around after 6, to be a legend in your own time, but now you're a chickenshit, a chickenshit in his own mind you, you.

Thread
02-04-2014, 09:44 PM
And you had the chance to stick around after the Sweep, to at least stick around after 6, to be a legend in your own time, but now you're a chickenshit, a chickenshit in his own mind you, you.

Your failing is not my trespass.

HI-FI
02-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Your failing is not my trespass.
No but your twixt The Sweep and chickenshit.

Thread
02-04-2014, 09:54 PM
No but your twixt The Sweep and chickenshit.

I was just checkin' assholes and you never fail me.

HI-FI
02-04-2014, 10:00 PM
I was just checkin' assholes and you never fail me.
Is your asshole still dropping chickenshit?

Thread
02-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Is your asshole still dropping chickenshit?

:rolleyes

HI-FI
02-04-2014, 10:07 PM
:rolleyes
Culb do you even like Cavs or you just Suns and Lakers fan?

Thread
02-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Culb do you even like Cavs or you just Suns and Lakers fan?

Just a Suns, Lakers and Spurs fan.

HI-FI
02-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Just a Suns, Lakers and Spurs fan.
:lol
I know you have a soft spot for Spurs.

ElNono
02-04-2014, 11:15 PM
The Decision was not smart, he could've handled it much better.

He should've held it at Chuck E. Cheese's...

baseline bum
02-04-2014, 11:19 PM
I know you have a soft spot for Spurs.

I heard he got a soft spot for Katie Girl too tbh

HI-FI
02-04-2014, 11:24 PM
He should've held it at Chuck E. Cheese's...
would've been more appropriate for how ridiculous it was. at least you could see that one guitar playing mouse nigga in the background.

jimbo
02-05-2014, 12:00 AM

Are you talking about this one?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/inside-look-lebrons-free-agent-201700258--nba.html

It's sensationalist garbage imo. Too many "inside unnamed sources" in one article, all to jump on the "Lebron is a villain" narrative that was popular at the time. Revisionist history.

If Woj had known about all of this for years, why did he wait until 2010 to write a scathing article about it? Answer: He knew he would get torn to pieces at how shitty his journalism was. With everyone hating Lebron, he didn't have to be as responsible with his journalism. He could write whatever he wanted to and people would eat it up.

He's a more indepth breakdown of the shitiness of the article
http://www.warriorsworld.net/2010/07/19/outside-look-at-wojnarowski%E2%80%99s-lebron-article/

Tbh, I do believe Shaq's take on the Cavs' locker room--that Lebron wasn't held to the same standards as everyone else. Makes sense given how shitty the Cavs' organization was. (And that the Cavs were basically the Cleveland Lebrons, who would want to piss him off?) Lebron joining an organization bigger than himself had to have helped him somewhat.

Clipper Nation
02-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Woj is (of course) excellent at breaking news, but his opinion articles tend to be one-sided hit pieces or slurp jobs more often than not, tbh....

HI-FI
02-05-2014, 12:26 AM
I certainly don't blame Lebron for bolting Cleveland. Terrible organization, he just could've left in a less douchey fashion. Respect to Riles for once again putting together a winning culture. I had read that Cavs let Lebron get away with lots of diva behavior, with his entourage getting hooked up as well, but Riles put a stop to a lot of that shit.

Thread
02-05-2014, 02:31 AM
^James is just damn lucky (along with your's truly) that your people fucked up last June, HI. Otherwise James is stewing in his own juices and I'm 5-5, read status only with my light off, heart broken, Kobe garbed in the shit bag.

Good Lord I'd a been a sight.

Clipper Nation
02-05-2014, 02:32 AM
read status only with my light off
That's chickenshit, Dale....

Thread
02-05-2014, 02:33 AM
That's chickenshit, Dale....

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

HI-FI
02-05-2014, 02:43 AM
^James is just damn lucky (along with your's truly) that your people fucked up last June, HI. Otherwise James is stewing in his own juices and I'm 5-5, read status only with my light off, heart broken, Kobe garbed in the shit bag.

Good Lord I'd a been a sight.
you're even admitting you wouldn't return if you had to deal with the comeuppance. that's just chickenshit, but you're familiar with the term.

Thread
02-05-2014, 02:46 AM
you're even admitting you wouldn't return if you had to deal with the comeuppance. that's just chickenshit, but you're familiar with the term.

Ya poor schnook, you. Had #5 in the bag and to surrender it.

Crawl motherfucker, crawl!!!