PDA

View Full Version : Happy 46th Birthday to Sean Elliott!

hooperflash
02-02-2014, 03:54 PM
FTL_FTL_FTL , tbh.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/spurs/imgs/131121_td_se.gif

DeadlyDynasty
02-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Happy birthday, but still author to one of the most overrated shots in NBA history. Tie game, already up 1-0, ended up sweeping 4-0. Anticlimactic, just seemed bigger at the time b/c the Spurs were so used to Robinson playoff failures.

hooperflash
02-02-2014, 04:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7078gJ2aU38&feature=youtube_gdata_player

exstatic
02-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Happy birthday, but still author to one of the most overrated shots in NBA history. Tie game, already up 1-0, ended up sweeping 4-0. Anticlimactic, just seemed bigger at the time b/c the Spurs were so used to Robinson playoff failures.

It wasn't a tie game, SA was down 2, so it was a game winner.

hooperflash
02-02-2014, 04:43 PM
The beginning of an era and the dude had internal problems, legendary shot.

Chomag
02-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Never going to forget that shot it's what started it all. Happy b-day Sean!!!

DeadlyDynasty
02-02-2014, 05:22 PM
It wasn't a tie game, SA was down 2, so it was a game winner.
Technicality. Still a 4-0 sweep--like I said, it was new territory for a fanbase so used to disappointment so I understand the undue adulation and sentimentality, especially when you account for his bad juicebox the next year.

TXstbobcat
02-02-2014, 07:07 PM
It was the biggest shot in spurs history. I will never forget that shot and that day. Happy B-day Sean!!!!!

TXstbobcat
02-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Thank you for posting this. :toast

Ice009
02-02-2014, 08:01 PM

If the Blazers won that game, it could have changed the whole series. It was a big shot. Don't go talking it down. And get your ass out of here if all you want to do is talk shit about it.

How about you make a shot like that and then tell me it's overrated.

spurs10
02-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Sean Elliott is a class act. Happy birthday Sean! If he's in NO they will be partying in the Big Easy tonight! That is definitely the secret weapon of the Pelis....the French Quarter! :toast

Seventyniner
02-02-2014, 11:45 PM

Subtle troll is subtle.

Sean Cagney
02-02-2014, 11:49 PM

That shot was very difficult man! If Portland wins that game they get momentum heading home! That took all the wind out of their sails that year, period. It is on the list of top shots in playoff history for a reason and NO Spurs fans are not the only one who talks about it or remembers it.

Sean Cagney
02-02-2014, 11:50 PM
It was the biggest shot in spurs history. I will never forget that shot and that day. Happy B-day Sean!!!!!

I agree, looking back now it is the biggest shot in their history! THE FIRST time they did not choke or fail in the playoffs when many though they would and rightfully so! This righted the ship and changed things.

DeadlyDynasty
02-03-2014, 01:31 AM
Sorry, not buying the "they would've had momentum" bs. Blazers were a queer bunch..Tied LA 1-1 in the following year in the conference finals, only to lose the next 2 at home and face a Game 5 in LA...didn't seem to phase them, and much like the 1999 series one game had virtually no effect on the momentum of the next. True, 2000 Portland was better, but so was their opponent and the stakes were raised (3 straight elimination games).

Glad hes still kickin and homering it up for the townies though.

RD2191
02-03-2014, 01:36 AM
Sorry, not buying the "they would've had momentum" bs. Blazers were a queer bunch..Tied LA 1-1 in the following year in the conference finals, only to lose the next 2 at home and face a Game 5 in LA...didn't seem to phase them, and much like the 1999 series one game had virtually no effect on the momentum of the next. True, 2000 Portland was better, but so was their opponent and the stakes were raised (3 straight elimination games).

Glad hes still kickin and homering it up for the townies though.
:violin

Sean Cagney
02-03-2014, 02:06 AM

Glad hes still kickin and homering it up for the townies though.Ehhhhhhh that shot was huge, let him have his B Day and his huge shot in basketball history sir. I disagree with a few things you said.

TJastal
02-03-2014, 02:22 AM
Ehhhhhhh that shot was huge, let him have his B Day and his huge shot in basketball history sir. I disagree with a few things you said.

That shot was a HUGE backbreaker. I wasn't at the game but did watch it live on television and even through that anyone could tell that shot just drained all the swagger and life out of those cocky young blazers' and quite honestly probably destroyed several budding careers in the process, Rasheed Wallace especially never looked quite the same to me after that.