PDA

View Full Version : NFL forum season: Winners & Losers

FYM
02-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Let's throw some random stuff to close the season...

Winners

- Seahawks and Wilson fans for obvious reasons except Avante for obvious reasons too

- Pats fans... in particular my n*gga LnGrrrR

- Chinook, solid takes all year long about overpaid QBs and game managers. His post from October is a winner: “Manning has a terrible playoff record. I'd trust a game-manager over Manning in the post-season for sure when the latter has Seattle's defense and Lynch with him”.

- Lefty jinxing teams like a boss. He obviously knows little about football see the Jacksonville jaguars logo gate but for some reasons we like some lefty in the NFL forum.

- The black panthers crew obviously trill, creep and co not that Wilson had a dominant game but the white QB eating grass is solid material.

- NFL forum posters who bet following Avante’s predictions, good job.

- tlongII for the blowout prediction

- NFL forum, by far the best SpursTalk forum. Again a great season bringing the goods left and right.

Losers

- HarlemHeat & TIMMY2ZO couple... HH for being flat wrong about the SB match up and for the I don’t play injury card but :cry Broncos had a lot of injuries :cry TIMMY2ZO simply horrible in his Manning and SB takes.

- The White supremacists, having a white pocket passer is not anymore the only way to win a SB.

- Avante, another terrible season tbh... after throwing his son under the bus, he is now playing the “my wife won’t let me bet” card, nothing short from pathetic. His “lock of the season” thread to name only one murdered Lions fans.

- No life scrub… Having him in the loser side is quite an achievement after a black QB won a SB but the cat mehow gate was the nail on the coffin.

- BR nothing special going for him this season... “the time to bet the house” on the Broncos was a bit the icing on a so so season.

- Those who were expecting a thrilling SB

MeloHype
02-03-2014, 08:26 AM
You can add CN to winners for predicting Peyton choking in a big game

FYM
02-03-2014, 08:37 AM
You can add CN to winners for predicting Peyton choking in a big game

true but a lot of posters threw that in the conversation, I thought Chinook in that line was the most rationale of all

LnGrrrR
02-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Tbh, it makes me glad that the Pats lost in the AFC conference game. If Pats make it, they likely lose, then Brady is 3-3 in SBs and Manning is 1-1. Now it's 3-2 and 1-2, and as stupid as that is (because obviously it's better to make it to more SBs), people are dumb and will think that 3-2 is better than 3-3.

FYM
02-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Tbh, it makes me glad that the Pats lost in the AFC conference game. If Pats make it, they likely lose, then Brady is 3-3 in SBs and Manning is 1-1. Now it's 3-2 and 1-2, and as stupid as that is (because obviously it's better to make it to more SBs), people are dumb and will think that 3-2 is better than 3-3.

the funny part is Manning cheer leaders still spinning dat shit and finding excuses...
:cry give Manning the best receivers and the best Defense and he would have won :cry

:lmao

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Haha... Being right bout Cam... Being right about Carolina winning the division and getting a bye... But am a loser? Lol I'll take it. Thanks bro!

FYM
02-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Haha... Being right bout Cam... Being right about Carolina winning the division and getting a bye... But am a loser? Lol I'll take it. Thanks bro!

mehow

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Btw I was pulling for Denver

FYM
02-03-2014, 09:42 AM
^ and Wilson :tu this is why it's quite an achievement to be on the loser side

monosylab1k
02-03-2014, 10:04 AM
the funny part is Manning cheer leaders still spinning dat shit and finding excuses...
:cry give Manning the best receivers and the best Defense and he would have won :cry

It's amazing how quickly Peyton slurpers find any excuse possible.

monosylab1k
02-03-2014, 10:06 AM
The best possible way to lose happened for Peyton last night tbh. He got bent over and anally reamed so bad that Peyton Slurpers have the "nobody could have beaten Seattle last night, not even Prime Montana combined with Prime Favre combined with Prime Unitas! Seattle was so dominant that Peyton couldn't have done anything! :cry"

Clipper Nation
02-03-2014, 10:07 AM

:lol He had an absolutely stacked team, "greatest offense in history," a good enough defense to win, and he STILL choked as expected.....

Again, if Philbilly, Romo, hell, even guys like Kelly and Moon have to take shit for their chokes, Fivehead should too :lol

Clipper Nation
02-03-2014, 10:08 AM
The best possible way to lose happened for Peyton last night tbh. He got bent over and anally reamed so bad that Peyton Slurpers have the "nobody could have beaten Seattle last night, not even Prime Montana combined with Prime Favre combined with Prime Unitas! Seattle was so dominant that Peyton couldn't have done anything! :cry"
I hate Brady, but at least he put up a fight and made it a competitive game both times he had to face the Giants' defense..... Fivehead completely wilted under the pressure pretty much before he even took the field :lol

monosylab1k
02-03-2014, 10:13 AM
:lol He had an absolutely stacked team, "greatest offense in history," a good enough defense to win, and he STILL choked as expected.....

Again, if Philbilly, Romo, hell, even guys like Kelly and Moon have to take shit for their chokes, Fivehead should too :lol

lol well now Peyton Slurpers are also going with the "Denver's defense was actually terrible all year, and his receivers are all overrated" excuse. It's amazing how quickly Peyton Slurpers will rewrite history to defend their man. If the laws of gravity were't so permanent they'd try and use that as an excuse for every pick he throws "the gravitational shift of the earth caused that pick, it wasn't a bad read:cry"

tlongII
02-03-2014, 10:17 AM
I deserve some credit here. I predicted a Seahawks blowout.

FYM
02-03-2014, 10:21 AM
I deserve some credit here. I predicted a Seahawks blowout.

:tu edited tlongII

FYM
02-03-2014, 10:23 AM
:lmao Manning fans are pathetic... that's like the stockholm syndrom

:cry Seattle is the greatest team of nfl history, my nigga Manning had no help and so many injuries :cry

AchillesHeel
02-03-2014, 10:28 AM
:lmao Manning fans are pathetic... that's like the stockholm syndrom

:cry Seattle is the greatest team of nfl history, my nigga Manning had no help and so many injuries :cry

Great thread, and definitely agree. Read the recap on ESPN and all it said after the blowout loss was that Peyton is the GOAT QB and the huge loss has 0 effect on his legacy :lol fucking faggots.

HarlemHeat37
02-03-2014, 10:59 AM
I've been saying all year that Broncos receivers are overrated, tbh, particular that wet pussy Decker, but I don't see how people can blame anybody more than Manning..one of the biggest chokejobs you'll ever see from a HOF player..

Clipper Nation
02-03-2014, 11:01 AM
I've been saying all year that Broncos receivers are overrated, tbh, particular that wet pussy Decker, but I don't see how people can blame anybody more than Manning..one of the biggest chokejobs you'll ever see from a HOF player..
Donks fans over on OrangeMange (the NFL equivalent of LakersGround) are blaming Manny Ramirez, Orlando Franklin, John Fox, basically everybody they can think of other than their beloved "PFM" :lmao

HarlemHeat37
02-03-2014, 11:06 AM
I haven't checked BroncosCountry today, but most of those niggas killed Manning last night, to be fair..

Over the past 2 years,'I've learned that Manning has a lot of supporters that don't take kindly to any criticism:lol..

FYM
02-03-2014, 11:24 AM
I haven't checked BroncosCountry today, but most of those niggas killed Manning last night, to be fair..

Over the past 2 years,'I've learned that Manning has a lot of supporters that don't take kindly to any criticism:lol..

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?229621-The-Classiest-Guy-Ever

"Just heard on ESPN from Richard Sherman that after the game PM went up to Richard Sherman to ask him about his injury and to make sure he was OK.

Sherman said it was the classiest move ever, that Peyton congratulated him and didn't need to do that. He also defended PM this morning saying that it's not right that all these people are bashing PM this morning.

Yes, Sherman said Peyton had a bad game but he's still a living legend and should be viewed as such.

After hearing this, I started to cry. I feel so bad for him, for our team, for us as fans. I just went from angry, from bummed to sad, to maybe a little hope."

:cry

monosylab1k
02-03-2014, 11:25 AM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?229621-The-Classiest-Guy-Ever

"Just heard on ESPN from Richard Sherman that after the game PM went up to Richard Sherman to ask him about his injury and to make sure he was OK.

Sherman said it was the classiest move ever, that Peyton congratulated him and didn't need to do that. He also defended PM this morning saying that it's not right that all these people are bashing PM this morning.

Yes, Sherman said Peyton had a bad game but he's still a living legend and should be viewed as such.

After hearing this, I started to cry. I feel so bad for him, for our team, for us as fans. I just went from angry, from bummed to sad, to maybe a little hope."

:cry

HarlemHeat37
02-03-2014, 11:28 AM
:lol that poster sounds like timvp after last year's Finals, tbh..

FYM
02-03-2014, 11:30 AM
oh my god there are a bunch of retads in dat forum:

"I am putting on my brave face for my Wife and Daughter! (My Daughter became a fan the year after The Plummer AFCC!) She gets to suffer just like Papa did till we won 2!
I told her to wear her Broncos stuff proud today to college to teach her good sportsmanship! And when she left today she was wearing it!
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/images/smilies/th_smile.gif"

:lmao poor girl.... obliged to wear broncos stuff to go to college today

FYM
02-03-2014, 11:33 AM
now that's a timvp post tbh

"I am sure they are embarrassed, but that does not change the outcome.
It doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down, but it matters how you get back up! And these guys will get up off the canvas and be better off from this! We got beat, that's that!
We got a good team,coach, Qb, players fans, etc.
We will be back!"

I will go check in 3 months, I should find a :cry It Still Hurts :cry thread somwhere :lol

Clipper Nation
02-03-2014, 11:47 AM
:lmao Donkey fans literally turning on Elway to defend Fivehead

:cry You can say you put Brady above Manning, but I can't see Brady doing any better tonight. He missed 3 or 4 wide open long throws against us-you think he would have done better against Seattle? I doubt it. If Elway didn't win his back to back superbowls, he wouldn't be considered much either. The truth is Elway benefitted from Terrell Davis and the Denver defense of the time. Put Manning with a Davis type runner and a better defense, offensive line and way better special teams. There is no number 1 quarterback and Mannings legacy is already safe. He put on a clinic against NE just 2 weeks ago. :cry
:lmao What kind of supporting cast are Fivehead slurpers expecting? The Pro Bowl roster?

monosylab1k
02-03-2014, 11:50 AM
^:lmao what the fuck is it about Peyton that has people so eager to toss his salad? I cannot fucking believe Denver fans are throwig their franchise GOAT under the bus for him :lmao:lmao:lmao

monosylab1k
02-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Put Manning with a Davis type runner and a better defense, offensive line and way better special teams.

:cry give Manning the greatest team ever assembled and he'll always win the Super Bowl :cry

Clipper Nation
02-03-2014, 11:53 AM
:cry give Manning the greatest team ever assembled and he'll always win the Super Bowl :cry
:lol Cheating the salary cap and getting slapped on the wrist for it is the worst thing that ever happened to the Donks, now their delusional fans expect the most loaded team in NFL history with Fivehead still making $20mil a year :lol

spurraider21
02-03-2014, 12:12 PM
nice. i guess i qualify twice as one of the winners :lol. Wilson fan, and anti-Avante betting beneficiary

LnGrrrR
02-03-2014, 12:18 PM
If only Manning had an all-star offensive line, an all-world running back, Deion Sanders and Lott in his prime, plus half the people on the Seahawks were busted for PEDs at halftime, THEN THE WORLD WOULD KNOW HOW GOOD MANNING REALLY IS!

BRONCOS 4 LYFE

spurraider21
02-03-2014, 12:21 PM
man, i would actually feel bad if Manning was NOT on an AFC west team. but while he is, fuck'em

monosylab1k
02-03-2014, 12:23 PM
man, i would actually feel bad if Manning was NOT on an AFC west team. but while he is, fuck'em

I do feel bad for peyton. Aside from last night, Peyton is amazing and true fans of football need to appreciate what little time left we have to watch him play and rewrite the record books. All this hate has nothing to do with him, it has everything to do with his whiny irrational douche slurpers.

monosylab1k
02-03-2014, 12:24 PM
If only Manning had an all-star offensive line, an all-world running back, Deion Sanders and Lott in his prime, plus half the people on the Seahawks were busted for PEDs at halftime, THEN THE WORLD WOULD KNOW HOW GOOD MANNING REALLY IS!

BRONCOS 4 LYFE

spurraider21
02-03-2014, 12:26 PM
I do feel bad for peyton. Aside from last night, Peyton is amazing and true fans of football need to appreciate what little time left we have to watch him play and rewrite the record books. All this hate has nothing to do with him, it has everything to do with his whiny irrational douche slurpers.
yeah, i get that. much of what I say about Brady is from the same train of thought. i do feel bad because I don't think Manning deserves to get the reputation that he has. in my mind, he's still the best QB i've ever seen. but i don't feel bad about him getting cockstomped in yesterday's game, and while we're still on the superbowl high, i don't mind contributing to the lol's.

not that i was around for any of them, but the raiders have 3 SB wins, the Broncos are now still stuck at 2, the Chiefs have 1, and the Chargers have none. granted the Seahawks are originally from our division as well, and they now have one as well.

FYM
02-03-2014, 01:17 PM
nice. i guess i qualify twice as one of the winners :lol. Wilson fan, and anti-Avante betting beneficiary

:lol wanted to give you a special mention on avante's bets line but I would have to dig into a lot of threads to name all the lucky guys who made money from it... too long of a list :lol

DAF86
02-03-2014, 01:24 PM
:lol How can Pats fans be winners?

I know you're all happy and giggly right now but Manning shitted all over Brady's record in the reg season and all over your franchise as a whole during the playoffs.

monosylab1k
02-03-2014, 01:38 PM
:lol How can Pats fans be winners?

I know you're all happy and giggly right now but Manning shitted all over Brady's record in the reg season and all over your franchise as a whole during the playoffs.

And had his bid for GOAT gangbanged and bukkaked on by Seattle. I am just fine with how the season went. Pats overachieved like crazy and Manning Fanboys are in full meltdown mode today. The only better outcome for this season was a Patriots title and that had almost zero chance of happening all along.

monosylab1k
02-03-2014, 01:39 PM
I think all Pats fans would agree that last season sucked about 10000000000x worse for us.

DAF86
02-03-2014, 01:42 PM
And had his bid for GOAT gangbanged and bukkaked on by Seattle. I am just fine with how the season went. Pats overachieved like crazy and Manning Fanboys are in full meltdown mode today. The only better outcome for this season was a Patriots title and that had almost zero chance of happening all along.

What about Manning not breaking almost every record there was to get regarding Qb's and ending your season against any other team that didn't have Peyton as its QB?

monosylab1k
02-03-2014, 01:44 PM
What about Manning not breaking almost every record there was to get regarding Qb's and ending your season against any other team that didn't have Peyton as its QB?

Meh, really not bad at all. Losing to Baltimore last season was way more disappointing. It's not even close. Peyton getting shat on was an incredible finish to the year.

Clipper Nation
02-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Nah, fuck Fivehead too.... it's boring to see him pad stats in the regular season when his team is allowed to hold to their heart's content and run illegal picks every down while the other team gets flagged for playing defense, and then getting sucked off for it when we all know he's going to choke in the playoffs again :lol

He's selfish, too.... it always has to be The Manning Show 24/7 and he refuses to cede total control of the offense even though "Coach Fivehead" has never been a winning strategy :lol

Chinook
02-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the props. Nice to see I could come back from the Freeman debacle, seeing as two coaches didn't.

spurraider21
02-03-2014, 01:59 PM
:lol wanted to give you a special mention on avante's bets line but I would have to dig into a lot of threads to name all the lucky guys who made money from it... too long of a list :lol
am i the only one with a screenshot of the bet i made though? lol

when my check from the pool comes in i'll find a way to show that here too

Arcadian
02-03-2014, 02:18 PM
what the fuck is it about Peyton that has people so eager to toss his salad?

Probably because he is statistically the best player of his era. When a 5-time MVP disappoints occasionally, people are naturally going to search for other reasons for blame. Not that hard to understand.

monosylab1k
02-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Probably because he is statistically the best player of his era. When a 5-time MVP disappoints occasionally, people are naturally going to search for other reasons for blame. Not that hard to understand.

lol well you are the guy who thinks stepping out of bounds should be ignored when a team "deserves" to win :lmao

FYM
02-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the props. Nice to see I could come back from the Freeman debacle, seeing as two coaches didn't.

I also liked your takes on black QBs solid year tbh

LnGrrrR
02-03-2014, 05:31 PM
I would say the season before that sucked even worse...

But yeah, I was hopeful this year because, ya know, Manning (took a game longer than I hoped for him to implode :( ) but on paper we shouldn't have even made it that far.

lol "occasionally"

Shit, if I "occasionally" screwed up at my job and underperformed at critical times like Manning has, well let's just say ol' Uncle Sam wouldn't be too happy.

FYM
02-03-2014, 05:37 PM
lol "occasionally"

Shit, if I "occasionally" screwed up at my job and underperformed at critical times like Manning has, well let's just say ol' Uncle Sam wouldn't be too happy.

:lol acting like a SB is a random RS game

:cry manning broke all Brady's records he just had a bad game :cry

DAF86
02-03-2014, 05:41 PM

But yeah, I was hopeful this year because, ya know, Manning (took a game longer than I hoped for him to implode :( ) but on paper we shouldn't have even made it that far.

lol "occasionally"

If you were to perform in your job like Manning does in his, uncle Sam would be pretty damn happy with you, tbh. Sure, he didn't win the SB but he turned a decent team into an elite one, not to mention all the extra cash he gained for his franchise with two home playoffs games and a SB appearance.

LnGrrrR
02-03-2014, 05:42 PM
The evil part of me is hoping Manning gets so depressed over the loss that he gets drunk, drives home and plows into some 5 year old who is put in the hospital in critical condition (and of course, eventually recovers), just so we can hear posters say stuff like:

"Why was a 5 year old out in the middle of the road without his parents? That's who should be blamed!"

"Peyton was probably just driving a vehicle with shitty brakes! If he had good brakes, he would've stopped in time."

"I know he almost killed a kid, but that doesn't mean he's a bad person! Did you see these pictures of him helping other kids at this camp one time? Accidents happen!"

Raven
02-03-2014, 05:49 PM
I think all Pats fans would agree that last season sucked about 10000000000x worse for us.

i was barely disappointed this year. i was melting down in the offseason and when mayo went down i gave up on the sb, i didn't even expect us to be in the play offs, i honestly have no idea how we made it. las year was worse but not that worse since i like the ravens. two years ago was a nightmare.

spurraider21
02-03-2014, 05:54 PM
i was barely disappointed this year. i was melting down in the offseason and when mayo went down i gave up on the sb, i didn't even expect us to be in the play offs, i honestly have no idea how we made it. las year was worse but not that worse since i like the ravens. two years ago was a nightmare.
Look at your division

Raven
02-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Look at your division

indeed :lol. bunch of clowns :lol in fairness the whole AFC was shitty so that's why we made it and our division was actually weirdly good.

DAF86
02-03-2014, 06:06 PM
lol Pats fans lying to themselves

:lol "We don't care about Manning breaking Brady's record"
:lol "We don't care about Manning sending our asses home"
:lol "The only thing that would have topped this season was to win the SB"
:lol "We didn't even expect to make the playoffs"

monosylab1k
02-03-2014, 06:08 PM

lol "occasionally"

Peyton Manning, Soldier

":cry it's not Peyton's fault he led 100 men to their death in a massacre, those 3rd world villagers with subpar equipment were just tougher than Peyton's guys! He was the greatest leader in Army history during simulations, you can't expect him to be perfect all the time!"

FYM
02-03-2014, 06:35 PM
lol Pats fans lying to themselves

:lol "We don't care about Manning breaking Brady's record"
:lol "We don't care about Manning sending our asses home"
:lol "The only thing that would have topped this season was to win the SB"
:lol "We didn't even expect to make the playoffs"

That's the weakest :lol I've seen in a long time

DAF86
02-03-2014, 06:38 PM
That's the weakest :lol I've seen in a long time

No, it's not. It's strong and funny 'cause everybody here including all of you pats fans know it's true even though you won't recognize it. :lol

Blake
02-03-2014, 06:41 PM
I like how Peyton was all loose and cracking dry jokes during the past week only to get extra salty when asked how embarrassing this loss is

monosylab1k
02-03-2014, 06:44 PM
No, it's not. It's strong and funny 'cause everybody here including all of you pats fans know it's true even though you won't recognize it. :lol

lol at what point have any of us gotten salty over the TD record? Show one post, and no, my asterisk joke doesn't count

FYM
02-03-2014, 06:44 PM
No, it's not. It's strong and funny 'cause everybody here including all of you pats fans know I'm right even though you won't recognize it. :lol

True
who said that ?
true
who said that ? ( raven was obviously reaching as he said)

So what now?

DAF86
02-03-2014, 06:52 PM
lol at what point have any of us gotten salty over the TD record? Show one post, and no, my asterisk joke doesn't count

Yeah, I'm sure you give equal amount of fucks wether Manning or Brady holds the record for most TDs in a season and the fact that you didn't make any "salty post" about it is a clear proof of this.

monosylab1k
02-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I'm sure you give equal amount of fucks wether Manning or Brady holds the record for most TDs in a season and the fact that you didn't make any "salty post" about it is a clear proof of this.

:lmao "not posting about the TD record clearly shows you care about the TD record :cry"

DAF86
02-03-2014, 06:56 PM
:lmao "not posting about the TD record clearly shows you care about the TD record :cry"

"I didn't make any salty post about it except I did, but I was just trolling :cry"

LnGrrrR
02-03-2014, 07:05 PM

I don't care now because Manning choked hard in front of the whole world. If Manning had been awesome and won the SB, yeah it would've stung a little. But he didn't, so who cares :lol

LnGrrrR
02-03-2014, 07:07 PM
I mean, look at how much the league has changed in the last six years even. Manning was awesome, but his record will be broken in the next decade if the league keeps going like it has been.

DAF86
02-03-2014, 07:08 PM
I don't care now because Manning choked hard in front of the whole world. If Manning had been awesome and won the SB, yeah it would've stung a little. But he didn't, so who cares :lol

Still, if Brady could have kept his record and you would have been eliminated by any other QB it would have been better, right?

The Reckoning
02-03-2014, 07:32 PM
percy harvin waiting to come back until the super bowl was huge.

broncos had no game tape or anything to stop that fool. fastest guy i've ever seen on the field.

anyway i'm happy my man earl thomas has a ring and that quitting cheating hipster von miller is left in the dust

monosylab1k
02-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Still, if Brady could have kept his record and you would have been eliminated by any other QB it would have been better, right?

Nope, it would have been extremely infuriating because it means he once again lost to someone clearly inferior. If San Diego beat Denver and then beat the Patriots in the AFC title game i would have been way way way way more pissed off.

My beef with Peyton is not that I think Brady is clearly better. It's all the stupid assholes like you who think Peyton is clearly better.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-03-2014, 08:01 PM
this is bullshit anyways... everyone knows i'm a winner like "big dog" - speaking of which how is this dude not on the list at all :lmao thunderup is like the biggest crack baby or crack babies

DAF86
02-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Nope, it would have been extremely infuriating because it means he once again lost to someone clearly inferior. If San Diego beat Denver and then beat the Patriots in the AFC title game i would have been way way way way more pissed off.

My beef with Peyton is not that I think Brady is clearly better. It's all the stupid assholes like you who think Peyton is clearly better.

So you have a problem with people calling it objectively.

Clipper Nation
02-03-2014, 08:37 PM
So you have a problem with people calling it objectively.
Fivehead slurpers such as yourself are never objective - there's always an excuse and a list of scapegoats to blame....

DAF86
02-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Fivehead slurpers such as yourself are never objective - there's always an excuse and a list of scapegoats to blame....

I'm not even a Manning fan. In fact earlier in his career I used to root for him to fail but I grew up and realized that he is the best NFL player I had the chance to see live and saw all the heat he got for his team not winning it all (most of which was undeserved) and started to want him to do well.

You of all people should learn to respect Manning, he's kinda in the same situation Lebron used to be.

DeadlyDynasty
02-03-2014, 09:22 PM
I'll accept being in the latter bracket for my "12 years a slavedriver" role (it's deserved for that alone), but outside of the SB pick (who atleast 50% of this board also got wrong:lol), I picked about 8 entire weeks worth of lines and O/U's and had probably the best documented record on here this year.

FYM
02-03-2014, 09:30 PM
To be fair I believe a lot more than 50% of the board picked the Broncos :lol

LnGrrrR
02-03-2014, 09:51 PM

Losing to Manning sucks sure. But at least this year, they broke all the records, had the complete package of a team etc etc, so that the Pats were underdogs for once. I mean, it always sucks losing, but would I have rather lost to Philip Rivers? Eh, put Philip Rivers on the Denver team and it wouldn't have been as bad. But if we lost to the Chargers at home, that would have been even more disappointing because I would've thought we had a better shot than in Denver, where Brady sucks worse than any other place.

tl;dr: Normally yes, I'd rather lose to other teams than Manning. For regular season games, beating Manning is always a good time.

Edit: And then I read down and Mono says the same thing as me in half the space. :smh:

LnGrrrR
02-03-2014, 09:52 PM
I'm not even a Manning fan. In fact earlier in his career I used to root for him to fail but I grew up and realized that he is the best NFL player I had the chance to see live and saw all the heat he got for his team not winning it all (most of which was undeserved) and started to want him to do well.

You of all people should learn to respect Manning, he's kinda in the same situation Lebron used to be.

Who says they don't respect Manning? Obviously top 5, one of the best etc etc.

Why aren't you calling out Hi-Fi for not respecting Brady? :lol

lol nvm, Manning is "objectively" better. Objectively in which way?

Like... in the amount of rings they have? :toast

HI-FI
02-03-2014, 11:04 PM

I've said he's a surefire first ballot HOFer and maybe a better overall passer than Manning. I've just always considered Manning the better overall package, more transcendent artist QB, in that Brady will always be in Belichick's shadows. Manning and Belichick are like Lombardi and Unitas imo, with Brady the Bart Starr. That's no insult btw. I've given Brady lots of begrudging respect on here. I just like to get you guys upset, but I just think Manning is more unique and iconic, even after brutal moments in playoffs.

DAF86
02-03-2014, 11:06 PM

I never read him wrote that Manning is a top 5, one of the best, etc etc. All I saw him post is chocker, fivehead, etc etc.

Because I never saw that "system QB" post that has you guys all hipped up and because it doesn't fit my agenda. :lol

FWIW, Brady is the second best NFL player I saw in my life.

Objectively like in CMP %, yards per CMP and QB rating. You know, things that actually work to compare QBs as individuals.

LnGrrrR
02-03-2014, 11:09 PM
I was just yanking your chain. I mean, sure, the numbers are better for Manning, but I don't think you can just look solely at numbers and determine a "best" QB. How do Montana's numbers stack up to Manning's, for instance? Or Favre's?