PDA

View Full Version : USAA

I. Hustle
02-03-2014, 05:05 PM
anybody work there or used to work there? Is it cool? Has anyone done contract work? I'll hang up now and listen.

DisAsTerBot
02-03-2014, 05:08 PM
I used to work there. It sucked and I quit after about 2 months. That was like ten years ago so maybe it's better know, who knows. Also I didn't see any/many attractive females, everyone was overweight.

I. Hustle
02-03-2014, 05:12 PM
I used to work there. It sucked and I quit after about 2 months. That was like ten years ago so maybe it's better know, who knows. Also I didn't see any/many attractive females, everyone was overweight.

Unless you work for Gold's or any other gym that will probably be the case. Hell this is San Antonio, you'll probably still see that working at a gym.

I. Hustle
02-03-2014, 05:13 PM
What did you do there?

DisAsTerBot
02-03-2014, 05:19 PM
I worked in the accounting dept as a temp to hire but christ I hated everything about that place. the people, the size of the "campus", the mind numbing work. Wasn't for me.

DisAsTerBot
02-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Unless you work for Gold's or any other gym that will probably be the case. Hell this is San Antonio, you'll probably still see that working at a gym.

yeah but with how many people work there I was at least hoping to meet some hot chicks. I saw none. Zero.

I. Hustle
02-03-2014, 05:28 PM
I worked in the accounting dept as a temp to hire but christ I hated everything about that place. the people, the size of the "campus", the mind numbing work. Wasn't for me.

Oh.. yeah that sounds boring. I don't like accounting though.

Biernutz
02-03-2014, 05:38 PM
They have been giving big bonuses every year.....

Two10Whitey
02-03-2014, 05:41 PM
I was a member service rep there a couple of years ago. A lot of jerkoffs and douchebags tbh.

I. Hustle
02-03-2014, 05:42 PM
They have been giving big bonuses every year.....

Yeah it was like 18.8% of their yearly salary this year. I'm trying to get that USAA money.

I. Hustle
02-03-2014, 05:43 PM
I was a member service rep there a couple of years ago. A lot of jerkoffs and douchebags tbh.

Isn't it the type of work though? I mean, no offense since you have probably improved your situation since then but I would never do that stuff.

Two10Whitey
02-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Isn't it the type of work though? I mean, no offense since you have probably improved your situation since then but I would never do that stuff. The people were worse than the customer service. It's like a cult or something. You'll be at lunch listening to people talk about how great the company is and why they don't understand how someone could leave usaa for another company. Of course there are some cool cats there but I met a lot of douches who thought they were gods for working at the best company in the universe.

Two10Whitey
02-03-2014, 06:12 PM
A job is a job though and they do pay well. Plus they have chick filet on the premises lol.

Bender
02-03-2014, 09:18 PM
normally accounting is non-stop excitement

SpursWoman
02-03-2014, 10:39 PM

It is in my department, tbh.

My friend's husband has been working there for a year-ish and she brags non-stop of his benefits. He is both a jerkoff AND a douchebag.

blkroadrunners
02-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Yeah it was like 18.8% of their yearly salary this year. I'm trying to get that USAA money. Of course it's taxable, so you'll only get about 60-65% of it. My G/F works there and although she loves the benefits and it pays the bills, like many posters stated, a lot of d-bags and a-holes get in her skin most days internal or external.

RGMCSE
02-03-2014, 11:42 PM
I burned my bridges at 2 of the most respected and sought after companies to work for in San Antonio. Oh well fuck'em. I'm still on top bitches!

I. Hustle
02-04-2014, 08:44 AM
I'm used to d bags. There are millions of them crawling around over here so it wouldn't be anything new.

Spur|n|Austin
02-04-2014, 11:20 AM
My brother works there and enjoys it, good food to eat on campus, relaxing rooms, etc.

On another note, I've had their insurance my whole life, and there's nothing better out there.

Drachen
02-04-2014, 12:45 PM
I worked there from 2002-2004 and loved it. The past was good and I felt more respected at that job than I have anywhere else. Also that vision and mission stuff that companies yeah you on the first day? It actually means something at usaa

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-04-2014, 12:50 PM
My oldest brother, who is a douche, has worked there for a little over ten years now and sings their praises to no end. I think the sum of what's been said so far is pretty accurate. They do have a top notch benefits package and it's very much a place where you have to buy in to the entire company culture or it's like trying to work on Mars.

I. Hustle
02-04-2014, 01:55 PM
I think that I am just ready for a change. Plus they offered to increase my pay significantly.

mrsmaalox
02-04-2014, 02:13 PM
I burned my bridges at 2 of the most respected and sought after companies to work for in San Antonio. Oh well fuck'em. I'm still on top bitches!

USAA and Valero?

Two10Whitey
02-04-2014, 02:17 PM
USAA and Valero?

Or USAA and Rackspace? I hear Rackspace is where it's at these days.

I. Hustle
02-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Whataburger and Bill Miller's?

fify

Ditty
02-04-2014, 04:34 PM
I currently work there as a policy service representative for about a year in a half, but I'm looking for other employment currently. When I got hired I was under the impression that after being on the phones for a year, the job opportunities to be off the phones would open up left to right. Well that wasn't the case, even for those who have degrees. The job it self has its moments that I either like it or hate it. The employees on my team are awesome, and my manager are all great but the employees who have been there for a while are for the most part are douchebags and assholes, but when they give out our two bonuses throughout the year they are all kiss ass to our great CEO and claim that they love there job. My job itself isn't too bad because for the most part the members are cool. How my job is done is what I seem to hate. They expect you to be nosy and find out every single thing that is going on in the members life. I've always kept to myself so it's very hard to be nosy bit I've been told numerous times to get over it and ask high capital questions so we can upsell our products, or give members financial advice in which they don't need half the time. I get paid very well for not having a college degree yet, and truly blessed by the guaranteed Christmas bonus, and a non guaranteed February bonus which is 18% this year, but pretty much if you're on your manager's shit list then forget it you probably won't even get half. Overall it's a great company to work for...if you're not on the phones.

I. Hustle
02-04-2014, 05:11 PM
I'm definately not a work on the phones kinda guy.

SnakeBoy
02-04-2014, 07:16 PM
I worked there for 3 years as a programmer. Pay and benefits were good and I got decent raises and back then they had 4 day work weeks which was really nice. Still it was the least satisfying job I've ever had. Just a very political environment with everyone trying to protect their turf and job security which made it extremely frustrating to try and get anything done. Felt a lot like what I imagine government jobs are like. Plus working in a sea of cubicles is just depressing.

RGMCSE
02-04-2014, 11:33 PM
Or USAA and Rackspace? I hear Rackspace is where it's at these days.

Bingo. I'll say this about Rackspace. It was timing. I was 7 years into my profession. So when I got their it didn't take long for me to break down all the bullshit facade. Once I realized the pros and cons It wasn't a place for me. I would imagine that many others have left because Rackspace has a shelf life. You can only be full of shit for so long. The bitches were mighty fine though. There's a lot more to the story but I'll leave it at that. People can't handle my opinions of that company.

AFBlue
02-09-2014, 03:15 PM
I work there and really like it tbqh. Of course, as a veteran it's easy for me to like the mission and not be totally overwhelmed by the culture. Because make no mistake, both are very distinctive and apparent. I should also qualify that I don't work on the phones and am a full-time employee.

Big Empty
09-15-2014, 05:21 PM
Its the best company ive ever worked for. I shoulda came here years ago!! They care about their members (military) and take care of us employees. Privately owned and dont have to please shareholders. Benefits are out of this world im in heaven

DJR210
09-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Its the best company ive ever worked for. I shoulda came here years ago!! They care about their members (military) and take care of us employees. Privately owned and dont have to please shareholders. Benefits are out of this world im in heaven

Are you on a temp contract? They've been hiring a lot of seasonal.

Big Empty
09-15-2014, 05:29 PM
Are you on a temp contract? They've been hiring a lot of seasonal.
Full time with investments

TeyshaBlue
09-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Fuck you. :tu

lebomb
09-16-2014, 12:21 PM
and if you want to hook up, you cant beat that place. Hoes galore. They will sleep with anyone.

RandomGuy
09-16-2014, 12:46 PM

Accounting at an insurance company... even more so.