New Fundamental16 rebounds

Old Fundamental 7 rebounds

New Fundamental 4 blocks in 44 minutes

Old Fundamental 6 blocks in 29 minutes

New Fundamental 0 Steals

Old Fundamental 1 Steal

New Fundamental 44 Minutes

Old Fundamental 29 Minutes

In 15 minutes less of playing time the original Big Fundamental outscored, out blocked and out stole New Fundamental.

In 15 minutes more playing time New Fundamental outrebound Our old Fundamental 16-7

This old Fundamental Dude who’s name is Tim Duncan has got game. Taken it to the new school big man in all statistical categories (except rebounds) including the big one, the one they play for most, he got the W, the Win.

Good to see Old man Fundamental Mr Tim Duncan winning the scoring, blocks and steals in less minutes in the head to head with New Fundamental

Ladies and Gentleman. Old Man Duncan. Our very own Big Old Fundamental, creeping up to 38 years old, taking it to the new wave of great bigs and more then holding his own.

Raise your glasses to the one and only Big Fundamental,The Big Old Fundamental, Tim Duncan. There will never be another one to bless this league like you have. Thank you.

Ice009
02-04-2014, 09:25 AM
nevermind.

silverblackfan
02-04-2014, 09:31 AM
I don't know if it needs its own thread, but they do have a similar game and size. Of course, Tim is 37 and "The Brow" is 20 and did not stay for 4 years of college ball.
Clearly, Tim is the Man and remarkable at any age, but AD is eerily similar in demeanor and skill for such a young player.

look_at_g_shred
02-04-2014, 09:35 AM
Can we get the new fundamental to join our team after TD leaves? That's what i'd like to know!

r0drig0lac
02-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Can we get the new fundamental to join our team after TD leaves? That's what i'd like to know!

Russo21
02-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Indeed Siverblackfan they do have the same size and similar game. The 17 or so years Tim, The Big Fundamental has been playing. Only Anthony Davis has been considered in my mind to be in the similar mould of Tim Duncan. Thus calling him New Fundamental. New Fundamental will be a great player in this league, I hope he will be a great player in this league. He fits the mould of a young Tim Duncan and I cant wait to see what he becomes 5-10 years down the track. And its greater to see Big Old Fundamental Tim Duncan take it to the new wave in his twilight years.

Russo21
02-04-2014, 09:43 AM

Mate i'd love New Fundamental on this team. He can look up at the rafters at the Big Old Fundamental's retired #21 Jersey and 4 or 5 Championship Banners every home game and work his ass off to one day have a jersey hanging in the rafters next to Duncan's. We'll get started on the New Fundamental to San Antonio talk for his upcoming free agency. :toast

ego
02-04-2014, 10:24 AM
The problem of Anthony Davis has a name : Boris Diaw. Difficult to compare the stats !

look_at_g_shred
02-04-2014, 10:37 AM
Mate i'd love New Fundamental on this team. He can look up at the rafters at the Big Old Fundamental's retired #21 Jersey and 4 or 5 Championship Banners every home game and work his ass off to one day have a jersey hanging in the rafters next to Duncan's. We'll get started on the New Fundamental to San Antonio talk for his upcoming free agency. :toast
I hear you man. Would be awesome.

Seventyniner
02-04-2014, 10:54 AM
I'll have to check the splits but it seems like Duncan gets lots of blocks vs New Orleans for some reason.

02-04-2014, 11:04 AM
I think NO is Anthony Davis' hometown so it would be incredibly difficult to try and get him to come to SA

eDizzle20
02-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Duncan in his prime against today's bigs would have dominated like no other.

Mugen
02-04-2014, 01:19 PM
I think NO is Anthony Davis' hometown so it would be incredibly difficult to try and get him to come to SA

Kid's from Chicago tbh.

Horse
02-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Spurs win in New Orleans 102-95

New Fundamental Anthony Davis 17 points on 6-21 shooting

Old Fundamental Tim Duncan 21 points on 10-20 shooting

New Fundamental16 rebounds

Old Fundamental 7 rebounds

New Fundamental 4 blocks in 44 minutes

Old Fundamental 6 blocks in 29 minutes

New Fundamental 0 Steals

Old Fundamental 1 Steal

New Fundamental 44 Minutes

Old Fundamental 29 Minutes

In 15 minutes less of playing time the original Big Fundamental outscored, out blocked and out stole New Fundamental.

In 15 minutes more playing time New Fundamental outrebound Our old Fundamental 16-7

This old Fundamental Dude who’s name is Tim Duncan has got game. Taken it to the new school big man in all statistical categories (except rebounds) including the big one, the one they play for most, he got the W, the Win.

Good to see Old man Fundamental Mr Tim Duncan winning the scoring, blocks and steals in less minutes in the head to head with New Fundamental

Ladies and Gentleman. Old Man Duncan. Our very own Big Old Fundamental, creeping up to 38 years old, taking it to the new wave of great bigs and more then holding his own.

Raise your glasses to the one and only Big Fundamental,The Big Old Fundamental, Tim Duncan. There will never be another one to bless this league like you have. Thank you.

Damn right I was at the game in the first have Timmy had about 6 shots go halfway down and pop out. He came out in the 3rd with a vengence then Parker took us home in the 4th. This is the best they've looked in a while.

02-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Kid's from Chicago tbh.
Huh? Could've swore I heard that he was from NO. Probably been watching too much ESPN.

Arcadian
02-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Fuck yeah.

sammy
02-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Timmy is truly one of kind! There will never be anyone like him! Love you TD! Future Hall of Famer! We are so lucky to have him represent and play for San Antonio!

SupremeGuy
02-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Would be fucking sweet if we could lure him away from NO in a few years, but let's be honest, it's not going to happen. SA has to build teams through the draft.

ThaBigFundamental21
02-04-2014, 07:44 PM
New Fundamental? Stupid fuckin name. Davis has a long way to go before he can ever be compared to Duncan.

DMC
02-04-2014, 08:25 PM
There won't be another Tim Duncan in our lifetimes.

Budkin
02-04-2014, 09:55 PM
There won't be another Tim Duncan in our lifetimes.

Almost feels like yesterday we drafted him. Sad that his playing days are almost over. Try and enjoy what's left.

exstatic
02-04-2014, 10:47 PM
New Fundamental? Stupid fuckin name. Davis has a long way to go before he can ever be compared to Duncan.

?? At 20, he's putting up numbers comparable to Tim as a rookie with 4 years of college under his belt. The comparisons are not unwarranted.

02-05-2014, 12:02 AM
?? At 20, he's putting up numbers comparable to Tim as a rookie with 4 years of college under his belt. The comparisons are not unwarranted.

Which is why I wish we could pry him from NO so bad. He 's a franchise player barring catastrophic injury.

tmtcsc
02-05-2014, 01:16 AM
Tim is the One-damental. He would have been cleaning up MVP trophies left & right against the sorry bigs in the league now. He went head-to-head against Karl Malone, Shaq, Garnett, Alonzo Mourning and Rasheed Wallace for crying out loud. Blake Griffith, Anthony Davis, Roy Hibbert, Pau Gasol, McGee ? Are you kidding me? Lol! Give Duncan 10 of his years back and he'd wipe the floor with those fools. What he's doing now at his age is just crazy.

I don't see much comparison to unibrow at all.

dunkman
02-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Tim is still going strong.

dunkman
02-05-2014, 09:30 AM
Tim is the One-damental. He would have been cleaning up MVP trophies left & right against the sorry bigs in the league now. He went head-to-head against Karl Malone, Shaq, Garnett, Alonzo Mourning and Rasheed Wallace for crying out loud. Blake Griffith, Anthony Davis, Roy Hibbert, Pau Gasol, McGee ? Are you kidding me? Lol! Give Duncan 10 of his years back and he'd wipe the floor with those fools. What he's doing now at his age is just crazy.

Gasol while not at the level of prime Duncan and prime Shaq, had a remarkable career.

bdictjames
02-05-2014, 01:03 PM
I don't see how Anthony Davis is fundamental at all, he relies on jumpers to get his points a lot of times. Definitely needs work on a post game, but he is a defensive beast.

wildchild
02-05-2014, 01:34 PM
He went head-to-head against Karl Malone, Shaq, Garnett, Alonzo Mourning and Rasheed Wallace for crying out loud. Blake Griffith, Anthony Davis, Roy Hibbert, Pau Gasol, McGee ? Are you kidding me? Lol!

Agree. Can't compare Tim, Shaq, Garnett, Malone, Mourning, to new guys like Davis, Griffin, Hibbert, the competition level was so high in the paint those years.

02-05-2014, 01:45 PM
I don't see how Anthony Davis is fundamental at all, he relies on jumpers to get his points a lot of times. Definitely needs work on a post game, but he is a defensive beast.
He's built like Timmy but plays more like D Rob.

barakz21
02-05-2014, 02:21 PM
I don't know if it needs its own thread, but they do have a similar game and size. Of course, Tim is 37 and "The Brow" is 20 and did not stay for 4 years of college ball.
Clearly, Tim is the Man and remarkable at any age, but AD is eerily similar in demeanor and skill for such a young player.

Aside from that, they had the big fundamental pegged as the best case scenario for the unibrow, iirc. And Marcus Camby as worst case. Could've recalled it wrongly though,

superbigtime
02-05-2014, 03:14 PM
He's built like Timmy but plays more like D Rob.

Neither of these.

Kidd K
02-05-2014, 04:13 PM
I'd like to have him on the Spurs too, but I just have a really hard time believing any big free agents are ever coming here. . .they pretty much never do. We're gonna have to tank and draft (probably for 2-3 years) after our big guys are gone in order to rebuild the team.

Blake Griffin was putting up similar stats too in scoring/rebounding. Doesn't mean they're similar players tbh. Duncan does a lot of stuff that doesn't show up in the stat sheets, so you can never really go purely on stats with him

02-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Neither of these.
Have you seen them next to each other? Their build is similar.

The drob comparison stemmed from Davis' use of the jump shot, kind of like Drob did.

superbigtime
02-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Have you seen them next to each other? Their build is similar.

The drob comparison stemmed from Davis' use of the jump shot, kind of like Drob did.

Ok similar, but Duncan has a slightly bigger frame and Davis looks a little longer. Drob was a freakish athlete.

ThaBigFundamental21
02-06-2014, 06:41 PM

Exactly.