PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Regular Season QB of All-Time!

J.T.
02-04-2014, 12:21 PM
I was beginning to question myself over rooting for Manning most of my adult life. There's been a lot of playoff losses over the years, but then I remembered that the only thing I'm really rooting for him to do is dethrone every record Brett Favre owns, which is done in the regular season where Manning is most definitely the best ever.

Super Bowls wins are for teams. The Regular Season is for dat individual accomplishment swag

#dropsthemic

MeloHype
02-04-2014, 12:25 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9105259.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/Quarterback-Peyton-Manning-.jpg

Blake
02-04-2014, 12:44 PM
You think it's the cold that gets to him more or is it the pressure?

I don't know how you go from wearing no gloves all through camp and 12 games into the season thinking you'll have the same accuracy when you put them on

J.T.
02-04-2014, 12:55 PM
You think it's the cold that gets to him more or is it the pressure?

I don't know how you go from wearing no gloves all through camp and 12 games into the season thinking you'll have the same accuracy

I think for as much as he gets in the heads of his opponents, playoff pressure has a permanent residence in the Peyton Manning Penthouse Suite. As much as everyone here touts the elite white man QB, I believe Peyton tries to do too much once the playoffs come around because you go home if you lose. I doubt weather has much to do with it, just enhances his suckness. He won the Super Bowl in the rain. Manning lost a shit load of playoff home games with the Colts, all of which were indoors obviously.

Avante
02-04-2014, 02:45 PM
The big thing here with Manning is how different he plays when under extreme pressure. which can't be said about others. Joe Montana was just as clutch in whatever situation he was in, the same can be said about a number of other elite QB's. It really doesn't matter who the best regular season QB is/was simply because that gets you....0.

Blake
02-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Manning lost a shit load of playoff home games with the Colts, all of which were indoors obviously.

That's a good point

Blake
02-04-2014, 03:12 PM
The big thing here with Manning is how different he plays when under extreme pressure. which can't be said about others. Joe Montana was just as clutch in whatever situation he was in, the same can be said about a number of other elite QB's. It really doesn't matter who the best regular season QB is/was simply because that gets you....0.

That's a mediocre point.

spurraider21
02-04-2014, 03:20 PM
its not the cold that gets to him. on the road (or even a neutral site) the crowd volume doesn't allow him to make his changes at the line before ever play, which is one of his best assets. it limits their ability to run the no huddle. he requires the cooperation of the home crows to be able to do all these things that have made him so great during his career. how many times were you actually able to hear "omaha" over the crowd noise during the superbowl?

Blake
02-04-2014, 03:40 PM
its not the cold that gets to him. on the road (or even a neutral site) the crowd volume doesn't allow him to make his changes at the line before ever play, which is one of his best assets. it limits their ability to run the no huddle. he requires the cooperation of the home crows to be able to do all these things that have made him so great during his career. how many times were you actually able to hear "omaha" over the crowd noise during the superbowl?

Mmmm dunno about that. Before this season, his home playoff record was 6-5, and although he had a great game against the Pats, he was pedestrian against the Chargers.

spurraider21
02-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Mmmm dunno about that. Before this season, his home playoff record was 6-5, and although he had a great game against the Pats, he was pedestrian against the Chargers.
fair point. it was just an observation i made during the superbowl and thought it might apply to more of his struggles

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 04:08 PM
He's such a perfectionist, that everything has to be right, everyone in the right place. If it's not, he panics. You need to play loose in the playoffs, not uptight.

Avante
02-04-2014, 04:14 PM
That's a mediocre point.

To a know nothing like you.

Blake
02-04-2014, 04:17 PM
To a know nothing like you.

i know you're fat

HI-FI
02-04-2014, 04:35 PM
He's such a perfectionist, that everything has to be right, everyone in the right place. If it's not, he panics. You need to play loose in the playoffs, not uptight.
This is it. It's also sort of what J.T. was saying, that he forces passes to much, it's the same problem. He tries to force and press too much, making something out of nothing. He'll force some of those passes, trying to make a perfect play but it's not there. When he got his neck bent backwards in 2006, you could tell he was throwing more ducks, trying to press through that injury but it didn't matter, he still needed four procedures. Some of those Colts team of the last few years were really bad, yet he tried forcing and dragging them into the playoffs because he's a crazy perfectionist, and yet they would just get exposed anyways.

I think his best bet to improve his playoff legacy is to take a massive paycut, make like Alex Smith money. He's 37, he's not going to win any SBs with his current contract, and shit will never be perfect in the playoffs anyways. Even Brady has taken some recent paycuts which I respect.

Avante
02-04-2014, 04:42 PM
i know you're fat

That was weak as usual, trying to talk about things you know ..0...about as usual wow~~~~~~~~~~~~