PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Magic goes HAM on Jim Buss

ElNono
02-04-2014, 02:40 PM
Magic Johnson says Lakers problems lie with Jim Buss

“This is what happens when you make the wrong decisions, two coaching wrong decisions, giving Steve Nash that deal, it’s backfired,” Johnson said during a meeting at The Times between Dodgers officials and Times writers and editors. Johnson is a part owner of the Dodgers.

“The biggest problem they’re going to have right now … you’ve got to get a guy like Jerry West to be the face of the team. ...

“You’ve got to have someone helping Jim. He’s got to quit trying to prove a point to everybody that he can do it on his own, get his ego out of it, and just say, ‘Let me get someone beside me to help achieve the goals I want.' "
Johnson acknowledged that getting West to return would be difficult, but added that having an empowered person in the general manager's role is critical. “You need to get someone like Jerry to be the face, so agents are comfortable, players are comfortable, knowing the Lakers are going for a championship….

“Look what Pat Riley did in Miami,” referring to the former Lakers coach who assembled the current team featuring LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.
“If Pat Riley’s not there, you don’t get LeBron to buy in.”

Johnson said that current Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak is doing a good job. “Mitch is great,” he said, “but he doesn’t have the power.”

Johnson also added, “Everybody’s telling me free agents don’t want to sign [with the Lakers]…. They’re looking at the Lakers now as a team that’s dysfunctional; who’s their leader, who’s the guy?”

“Dr. Buss was smart,” Johnson said. “He said, ‘I’m going to get the best dude, Jerry West, and he helped me achieve my goals. Then I went and got the best coach [in Phil Jackson]. He wanted to work with the best.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-magic-johnson-lakers-20140115,0,2446795.story

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 02:45 PM
2I-EhzhBRxs

Koolaid_Man
02-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Magic Johnson says Lakers problems lie with Jim Buss

“This is what happens when you make the wrong decisions, two coaching wrong decisions, giving Steve Nash that deal, it’s backfired,” Johnson said during a meeting at The Times between Dodgers officials and Times writers and editors. Johnson is a part owner of the Dodgers.

“The biggest problem they’re going to have right now … you’ve got to get a guy like Jerry West to be the face of the team. ...

“You’ve got to have someone helping Jim. He’s got to quit trying to prove a point to everybody that he can do it on his own, get his ego out of it, and just say, ‘Let me get someone beside me to help achieve the goals I want.' "
Johnson acknowledged that getting West to return would be difficult, but added that having an empowered person in the general manager's role is critical. “You need to get someone like Jerry to be the face, so agents are comfortable, players are comfortable, knowing the Lakers are going for a championship….

“Look what Pat Riley did in Miami,” referring to the former Lakers coach who assembled the current team featuring LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.
“If Pat Riley’s not there, you don’t get LeBron to buy in.”

Johnson said that current Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak is doing a good job. “Mitch is great,” he said, “but he doesn’t have the power.”

Johnson also added, “Everybody’s telling me free agents don’t want to sign [with the Lakers]…. They’re looking at the Lakers now as a team that’s dysfunctional; who’s their leader, who’s the guy?”

“Dr. Buss was smart,” Johnson said. “He said, ‘I’m going to get the best dude, Jerry West, and he helped me achieve my goals. Then I went and got the best coach [in Phil Jackson]. He wanted to work with the best.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-magic-johnson-lakers-20140115,0,2446795.story

Magic is just upset that he got aids when he fucked and Kobe didn't....

that Jimmy made the decision on Bynum that allowed Kobe to tie him at 5....he had his time...Kobe is now the new legend of the Lakers for the next 30 yrs it's no longer Magic and he's crying about it...Jerry Buss died Jimmy's boy is Kobe...deal with it Magic...

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Magic is just upset that he got aids when he fucked and Kobe didn't....

that Jimmy made the decision on Bynum that allowed Kobe to tie him at 5....he had his time...Kobe is now the new legend of the Lakers for the next 30 yrs it's no longer Magic and he's crying about it...Jerry Buss died Jimmy's boy is Kobe...deal with it Magic...
Jimmy tried trading Bynum and Odom for Garnett, McHale accepts and there is no ring

Jimmy tried to trade Marc Gasol for cash considerations. Trade goes through, no Pau, no ring.
:lol Fredo

Double-Up
02-04-2014, 03:05 PM
http://www.bet.com/content/dam/betcom/images/2014/01/Sports/011714-sports-rewind-NBA-star-magic-johnson-for-obamacare-health-care.jpg.custom1200x675x20.dimg

Katherine Robinson
02-04-2014, 03:38 PM
http://www.bet.com/content/dam/betcom/images/2014/01/Sports/011714-sports-rewind-NBA-star-magic-johnson-for-obamacare-health-care.jpg.custom1200x675x20.dimg

http://www.therundown.tv/wp-content/photos/magicjohnsondonateblood09223.jpg

baseline bum
02-04-2014, 04:56 PM
I like how Magic acts like Fredo is the only reason niggas don't want to sign in LA.

Reck
02-04-2014, 06:13 PM

Seriously? :lmao

unforeseen
02-04-2014, 06:24 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/LAS105022021_large_zpsea708938.jpg

Thread
02-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Without Jim Buss we're light 2 NBA World Titles and I wasn't even here to invent & fit Duncan with the shit bag.

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 07:31 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/f0/f02b44a07126d1bae74ab3c7710f3b34c8bf7e985e8d7c37b0 5b4db5c15d8f87.jpg

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Without Jim Buss we're light 2 NBA World Titles and I wasn't even here to invent & fit Duncan with the shit bag.
Pie in the sky. You cherry pick one thing about Jimmy that he wasn't even responsible for. Why ignore the rest? Why not tell the bad?

Thread
02-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Pie in the sky. You cherry pick one thing about Jimmy that he wasn't even responsible for. Why ignore the rest? Why not tell the bad?

That's your responsibility. You got something on your chest beside your chin get it off. In the meantime:::without Jim Buss we're short two (2) NBA World Titles.

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 07:36 PM
That's your responsibility. You got something on your chest beside your chin get it off. In the meantime:::without Jim Buss we're short two (2) NBA World Titles.
False yet again. How did the team perform when Pau played badly in the playoffs?

Thread
02-04-2014, 07:40 PM
False yet again. How did the team perform when Pau played badly in the playoffs?

I'm not answering your questions today, dj. No.

You're mad because what happened (back then) has reared it's head and you & the boys are left holding the shit sandwich. Chow!

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 07:44 PM
I'm not answering your questions today, dj. No.

You're mad because what happened (back then) has reared it's head and you & the boys are left holding the shit sandwich. Chow!

So you won't acknowledge how Bynum averaged 6 points and 4 rebounds in the 09 Finals, and 7 points and 5 rebounds in the 10 Finals. Want to know his playoff averages? Wanna know Pau's stats?

Clipper Nation
02-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Without Jerry, you're without talent, competitiveness, or dignity :lol

Thread
02-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Without Jerry, you're without talent, competitiveness, or dignity :lol

He ain't without sin...while Kobe was raping & rehabbing his mind the old man was snoozing, pissin' away several years. Not until Kobe grabbed up the ball peen hammer and a blow torch and rappelled up the side of Staples did Jerry get up off his own Lazy Boy and come a runnin'.

Thread
02-04-2014, 07:48 PM
So you won't acknowledge how Bynum averaged 6 points and 4 rebounds in the 09 Finals, and 7 points and 5 rebounds in the 10 Finals. Want to know his playoff averages? Wanna know Pau's stats?

I'm not answering your questions today, dj. Without Jim Buss we're light 2 NBA World Titles.

baseline bum
02-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Seriously? :lmao

Hoax

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 07:49 PM
He ain't without sin...while Kobe was raping & rehabbing his mind the old man was snoozing, pissin' away several years. Not until Kobe grabbed up the ball peen hammer and a blow torch and rappelled up the side of Staples did Jerry get up off his own Lazy Boy and come a runnin'.
Jim was busy firing Phil and Hiring Rudy T for Christ sake. Making Kobe want to leave.

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 07:50 PM
I'm not answering your questions today, dj. Without Jim Buss we're light 2 NBA World Titles.
You won't acknowledge Bynum shooting 36% and 45% from the floor in those series? And how those are terrible shooting percentages for a 7 footer?

Clipper Nation
02-04-2014, 07:52 PM
& yet without Jerry, you've The Achilles, The Sweep, The Begging, The Rejection, and now The Tank... what's next, The Contraction? :lol

Thread
02-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Jim was busy firing Phil and Hiring Rudy T for Christ sake. Making Kobe want to leave.

So in other words when the old man does something wrong it's his son's fault and when Jim does something right it's a lie.

You can't lose. Just like if the Lakers win a game:::"you" bust their ass for fucking up their Lottery position. If they lose, you make fun of 'em. It's a great setup for chickenshits.

Thread
02-04-2014, 07:54 PM
& yet without Jerry, you've The Achilles, The Sweep, The Begging, The Rejection, and now The Tank... what's next, The Contraction? :lol

You hold onto those. I'm sticking with the 2 NBA World Titles we wouldn't have if it weren't for Jim Buss' vision & insistence.

Jim Buss

Clipper Nation
02-04-2014, 07:55 PM
You can't lose. Just like if the Lakers win a game:::"you" bust their ass for fucking up their Lottery position. If they lose, you make fun of 'em. It's a great setup for chickenshits.
You can thank Fredo and Kirby for that.... if it wasn't for them, you wouldn't be reduced to tanking :lol

Clipper Nation
02-04-2014, 07:56 PM
You hold onto those. I'm sticking with the 2 NBA World Titles we wouldn't have if it weren't for Jim Buss' vision & insistence.

Jim Buss
Zero titles without daddeh holding his handPERIOD

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 07:57 PM
So in other words when the old man does something wrong it's his son's fault and when Jim does something right it's a lie.

What did Jerry do wrong?

LkrFan
02-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Hope he donated it to my homie DMC! :rollin :lmao :rollin

J/K :D

Clipper Nation
02-04-2014, 07:59 PM
What did Jerry do wrong?
Leaving Fredo in charge, for starters....

djohn2oo8
02-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Leaving Fredo in charge, for starters....
:lol

Rogue
02-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Hope he donated it to my homie DMC! :rollin :lmao :rollin

J/K :D
he donated to AIDS patients to help them combat the virus because there're massive antiviruses in his blood. Magic has been cured of AIDS already, tbh.

Russ
02-04-2014, 08:09 PM

Fisher needs a transfusion. :)

Katherine Robinson
02-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Fisher needs a transfusion. :)

I just hope Duncan wraps it up before he goes out with his male secretary.

sook
02-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Jerry is looking up and smiling at Jim Buss :lmao