PDA

View Full Version : whats with de colo's increased minutes

jkid12456
02-05-2014, 08:16 PM
nobody takes my baby patty's minutes !

timtonymanu
02-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Why do Patty fans always freak out over this? :lol

De Colo is the hot hand and Patty is needed for tomorrow's game anyway. It's likely Parker won't be available tomorrow, IMO.

NickiRasgo
02-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Trade value. CIA POP! :toast

Biernutz
02-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Tony's tight back tonight

Two10Whitey
02-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Tony needs to sit out for the next 3 games.

703 Spurz
02-05-2014, 11:46 PM
A lot of his game tonight was annoying. I felt like going to the Spurs bench and punching Pop in the nuts for continuing to play him.

Boomersgold
02-05-2014, 11:49 PM
nobody takes my baby patty's minutes !
Because we're shorthanded? De Colo's been playing well. I'm glad he's finally getting some burn.

DesignatedT
02-05-2014, 11:55 PM
He gun start tomorrow

itzsoweezee
02-06-2014, 12:24 AM
De Colo was great tonight. I don't know why popovich benched. I thought he totally outplayed Joseph.

xellos88330
02-06-2014, 12:34 PM
^Agreed.

Nando looked completely different tonight. I didn't recognize him at first. He looked a hell of a lot more confident and resembled a player actually interested in the outcome of the game.

monkeypunk
02-06-2014, 12:46 PM
I don't know what Pop was doing with the rotations last night, DeColo was playing well early as was Patty but they both were benched for good chunks of time.

A win is a win but there were some mixed messages for sure.

Spur|n|Austin
02-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Is that a serious question? We've got 3 key players injured right now..

TJastal
02-06-2014, 01:32 PM
I don't what Pop was doing with the rotations last night, DeColo was playing well early as was Patty but they both were benched for good chunks of time.

A win is a win but there were some mixed messages for sure.

As a spurs fan you should be used to the guard rotation being in a constant state of upheaval and uncertainty. This is basically an ominous sign of things to come; the beginning of another rehash of last season's chaotic and unpredictable guard rotation that just kept getting worse as the season wore on, culminating in a last ditch effort to convert Gary Neal into a point guard and pretty much torpedoing what should have been a fairly straightforward 5th title for Duncan.

I'm not at all sure where Cory Joseph fits into the team right now, especially once Leonard returns and he can no longer be the small forward "starter". But Pop seems to be dead set on getting him into the regular rotation and if that wasn't enough of a head scratcher he goes and signs Joseph's more athletic stunt double (Shannon Brown) and proceeds to throw him into the fire. I'm not sure where Pop is angling with this move, either. But both are ominous signs that his thought process is starting to misfire so be prepared to be disappointed.

ChumpDumper
02-06-2014, 01:55 PM
lol TJ

Let me guess: you didn't watch the game.

monkeypunk
02-06-2014, 02:14 PM
As a spurs fan you should be used to the guard rotation being in a constant state of upheaval and uncertainty. This is basically an ominous sign of things to come; the beginning of another rehash of last season's chaotic and unpredictable guard rotation that just kept getting worse as the season wore on, culminating in a last ditch effort to convert Gary Neal into a point guard and pretty much torpedoing what should have been a fairly straightforward 5th title for Duncan.

I'm not at all sure where Cory Joseph fits into the team right now, especially once Leonard returns and he can no longer be the small forward "starter". But Pop seems to be dead set on getting him into the regular rotation and if that wasn't enough of a head scratcher he goes and signs Joseph's more athletic stunt double (Shannon Brown) and proceeds to throw him into the fire. I'm not sure where Pop is angling with this move, either. But both are ominous signs that his thought process is starting to misfire so be prepared to be disappointed.

lol TJ

Let me guess: you didn't watch the game.

TJastal - I was talking about the rotation last night. If a player is doing well, why take him out for a quarter and a half or two full quarters? DeColo and Patty both played well but then where benched for longer than normal periods of time, taking them out of their rhythm and making them cool off when they could have been helping the team. Just didn't make any sense in the context of the game. Usually Pop picks a player and sticks with him, like not playing Ayres at all in the game before last. But last night was just weird.

LittleCriminal
02-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Hopefully Chicago was watching...Decolo and Bonner For Taj Gibson!!

Chomag
02-06-2014, 02:30 PM
showcasing the scrubs tbh

TJastal
02-06-2014, 02:53 PM
TJastal - I was talking about the rotation last night. If a player is doing well, why take him out for a quarter and a half or two full quarters? DeColo and Patty both played well but then where benched for longer than normal periods of time, taking them out of their rhythm and making them cool off when they could have been helping the team. Just didn't make any sense in the context of the game. Usually Pop picks a player and sticks with him, like not playing Ayres at all in the game before last. But last night was just weird.

Okay, well I did try to address what I thought was the underlying reason behind Pop's "weird" rotations last night. To put it a different way what I tried to convey is that it's not weird at all, this has become the norm for Pop, dating back to last season. Guard rotations that are in a continuous state of flux. Guys always in a state of uncertainty about their minutes and role. Can you expect more minutes if you play well? No necessarily with Pop. For whatever reason he just can't make a decision on who is going to win the spot so he continues to give everyone a slice without nary a clue how it's affecting the entire team. He's essentially stuck like a broken record endlessly rotating guys in and out. The Shannon Brown signing to me shows it has clearly become an obsession with Pop to try out new guards because someday.... someday he might just stumble onto that perfect one and god forbid he let a few missed titles get in the way of this all important quest.

ChumpDumper
02-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Yeah, injuries have nothing to do with the rotations lately.

Brilliant.

lol ominous

TJastal
02-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Yeah, injuries have nothing to do with the rotations lately.

Brilliant.

lol ominous

I hope you're right it's just the injuries. I really do.