PDA

View Full Version : Small detail in big trade might affect Spurs? Woods may be waived.

ChumpDumper
08-03-2005, 08:48 AM
While Borchardt is expected to be in camp with the Celtics, sources said [Qyntel] Woods will be waived. http://celtics.bostonherald.com/celtics/view.bg?articleid=96387

The spurs have wanted this guy for awhile....

Taking it to the Hole
08-03-2005, 10:26 AM
What could we offer Woods? I don't think offering him the rest of the MLE is a smart idea. Maybe we could get him for a little more than the minimum.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-03-2005, 10:43 AM
I don't know. His career free throw average is less than 60% so he'd fit right in there. He's young, has good size. I'd keep an eye on him only if we can't get Devin or Big Dog to resign.

TDMVPDPOY
08-03-2005, 10:54 AM
bowens scholar?

smeagol
08-03-2005, 10:56 AM
The guy who breeds dogs for dog fights? :depressed

wildbill2u
08-03-2005, 12:08 PM
The guy who breeds dogs for dog fights? :depressed

Only Boxers. :lol

ChumpDumper
08-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I'm not saying he's a good guy or we should get him -- just that he may be available.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2005, 12:53 PM
once again the knowledge has been dumped, by Chump Dumper.

Mark in Austin
08-03-2005, 02:22 PM
somewhere, Icemancometh is getting moist.

beirmeistr
08-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Only Boxers. :lol
watch out, Big Dog.

timvp
08-03-2005, 02:56 PM
I was thinking about this yesterday. I thought perhaps the Spurs could send the expiring contract of LJIII plus a second rounder for Woods, but him getting waived would make it a lot easier. The Spurs have been after this guy for a loooong time (even before his dog fighting charges).

He'd solve the athletic long three need. He has a lot of talent ... the only questions have been his character. If the Spurs can get him focused on basketball and put him next to a lot of good guys, it could work.

Dre_7
08-03-2005, 03:01 PM
If he has changed his ways, then why not??

Dre_7
08-03-2005, 03:01 PM
BTW, dont let whottt see this thread! :lol

timvp
08-03-2005, 03:02 PM
If Woods had been on the open market all summer, I'd venture to guess he would have been their number one target over the likes of Maurice Evans and James Jones.

tlongII
08-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Oh you guys would looove Qyntel. Just make sure you hide your pets and your stash.

ICE3000
08-03-2005, 04:05 PM
somewhere, Icemancometh is getting moist.

Yeah that wannabe!

CaptainLate
08-03-2005, 04:24 PM
I don't know. His career free throw average is less than 60% so he'd fit right in there. He's young, has good size.

We have a new shooting coach that will resolve our FT problems. As for Woods "character", the Spurs would not be so interested if he was a bad guy on the court. Who cares about what Woods does on his own time anyway -- besides the sick PETA folks and your FedGov, who puts their damn noses in EVERYONES business?

CaptainLate
08-03-2005, 04:25 PM
If Woods had been on the open market all summer, I'd venture to guess he would have been their number one target over the likes of Maurice Evans and James Jones.

Bring Derek Anderson back. He's going to be waived by the Trailblazers using the Allan Houston rule.

my2sons
08-03-2005, 05:10 PM
why would a team waive a guy if they thought he has changed his ways...but if the spurs get him on the cheap they can always dump him if necessary

Taking it to the Hole
08-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Why in the hell would you bring back that pissing and moaning has-been? DA is done. It's time everybody start accepting it and move on. He wasn't that great when he was here and he never played consistently on offense or defense. Nope, that is a bad idea, indeed. I don't even think the Spurs are thinking about DA? He had his shot with us and he blew it. You don't give second chances to people who didn't appreciate the first one you gave them.

Ocotillo
08-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Speaking of guys changing their ways, whatever happened to Isiah Rider?

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2005, 05:54 PM
um, i think this thread is wrong

i read something earlier hearing how the Heat received Woods

oh yeah now i remember
in my local paper, they had an article about 'the biggest trade in nba history' and it said how miami got woods

it was also gay because it turns out miami is getting like 4 or 5 young decent players out of this trade and everyone else is getting CRAP in return

ambchang
08-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Woods didn't even play with Miami last year, and the Jailblazers had to trade this guy, why would you ever even want to touch this guy?
I have no doubt that he's talented, or else he would have been out of the league by now, but look at talented by troubled players, remember Richard Dumas? The guy could have been an all star, even a franchise player, but whatever positive came up from him? Phoenix gave him multiple chances, and all he did was blew them all. Woods ... I am guessing that he's the same deal.

Dre_7
08-03-2005, 06:12 PM
um, i think this thread is wrong

i read something earlier hearing how the Heat received Woods

oh yeah now i remember
in my local paper, they had an article about 'the biggest trade in nba history' and it said how miami got woods

it was also gay because it turns out miami is getting like 4 or 5 young decent players out of this trade and everyone else is getting CRAP in return

Mia got woods last season.

exstatic
08-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Yeah, he played 3 whole games for MIA last year. If dog fighting is the worst thing that Q did, bring him in. I'm not down with dog battles, but that speaks to immaturity rather than overall bad character. No one down here fights their Chihuahuas, anyway. :lol THIS is the type of restoration projects that the Spurs specialize in. He's now a castoff, not a former first rounder with delusions of grandeur.

Money316
08-03-2005, 06:55 PM
I was thinking about this yesterday ... the only questions have been his character. If the Spurs can get him focused on basketball and put him next to a lot of good guys, it could work.

Damn how many time have we heard about Yoda Pop turning guys like this towards the Force.
:fro :fro :fro

timvp
08-03-2005, 07:50 PM
oh yeah now i remember

Looks like someone needs to move or try reading the story on the internets.

JUUOT
08-03-2005, 08:13 PM
so guys i need information. i know nothing about this guy but some say he has bad attitude and other says he is a better pick than maurice evans or james jones that are the official spurs target? can we details? does someone know more than his 3 years in the league where he did not play enough to prove anything?

is this the guy we are talking of ? http://nbadraft.net/profiles/qyntelwoods.htm

now i start being interested. i want this guy in
http://www.insidehoops.com/qyntel-woods-080904.shtml

"Woods is expected to be waived well before the season and will not don a green and white jersey for the Celtics this season. He might land on another team's opening day roster, but he is not someone who warrants any Fantasy consideration."
(Updated 08/03/2005).
sounds like he will defintily get waived and would be a no risk gamble for spurs...!!! go do it right now
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/players/playerpage/307870

exstatic
08-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Q is a true 2/3 at 6'8" 220 where Evans is more of a 2 at 6'5". Q is 24, and has played 118 NBA games. He averaged 9 minutes, 3.1p 1.7r 41.4% FG 34.2% 3G 56% FT :lol

JUUOT
08-03-2005, 08:26 PM
thx X
anything about defense? hustle.? an article said he was the best player for two years in summer league...pick my interest

exstatic
08-03-2005, 08:37 PM
anything about defense? hustle.?

Unknown, but if he doesn't show those traits, he won't play.

JUUOT
08-03-2005, 08:45 PM
:lol first you were informative but now you state the obvious

exstatic
08-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Well, he played for the Jail Blazers, so he probably hasn't shown them yet. :lol

He was drafted on potential and athleticism, so he has the capability to play defense.

timvp
08-03-2005, 09:10 PM
I watched him play in the RMR summer league last season. He has a pretty good jumper but his best attribute is his athleticism. He's a very good athlete who can jump out of the building. He's also very long and has some ballhandling skills. His defense was pretty good but there was a lot of room for improvement. He has the body type and quickness to be a very nice defender.

His worst trait (by far) is he's pretty much just an a$$hole. He was on the Blazers' summer league team and the whole time he just put down his teammates and treated them like dirt. He acted like he was too good to be there and looked down at everyone else. In short, he looked like a horrible teammate.

If he can change his ways and really wants a chance to make it in the league, he'll sign with the Spurs. If not, he'll go to some lottery team and continue his downward spiral. The Spurs have been after him since he declared for the draft and he'd be a PERFECT fit behind Bowen.

We'll see if the Celtics follow through and waive him. If so, it'll be all on the Qyntel to decide.

T Park
08-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Signing a shit head like him would be a bad move IMO.

Now youre really fuckin with Team Chemistry.

JUUOT
08-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Tpark...Tpark...
how can you fuck team chemistry with a bench player that just need to be educated with values. at worst he keeps being an ass hole and it will in noway hurt the rest of the team chemistry even make it stronger. i just do not see a young lost teeanger fucking a rock solid base the spurs have. he will know what is waiting him if he chooses to come...he has a chance to change...

so Timvp, you are saying they should make him an offer any way but in front of devin and evans and jones or as a third wing?

timvp
08-03-2005, 09:40 PM
I'd say the Spurs still go after whoever they are going after, be that Devin, Evans, Jones, Sprewell or whoever the target is. Qyntel might not be waived for a while and whe he is, the Spurs probably won't know what type of shape or mindset he's in.

But I'm sure the Spurs will offer him a contract if he becomes available. They've wanted him too long to turn their backs on him now.

T Park
08-03-2005, 09:55 PM
how can you fuck team chemistry with a bench player

so a guy on the bench can't fuck up team chemistry????

interesting....

exstatic
08-03-2005, 09:56 PM
TPark, if he were some idiot like Eddie Griffin, a psycho who holds guns on people, I'd agree with you. Everything that I've seen so far with Q has been signs of immaturity, which is curable. It's amazing how your attitude comes into line when you are cut, and not bringing in a paycheck.

Tobias
08-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I remember when I grew out of my "dog fighting" phaze....

Dre_7
08-03-2005, 10:09 PM

Yeah, the Malik Rose trade really screwed up the Chemistry.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-03-2005, 10:25 PM

Tfart,

You realize everyone was saying the same thing about Stephen Jackson when we brought him in, right?

JUUOT
08-03-2005, 10:26 PM
What i meant and what you refused to understand the first time Tpark was tahty when you have a solid core that set the tone and the value for the team it is not a young immature player taht will make the law in the locker room. capice?

T Park
08-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Tfart,

You realize everyone was saying the same thing about Stephen Jackson when we brought him in, right?

Did Stephen Jackson do Dog Fighting?? I dont remember that, got a link to that story?!?!

Yeah, the Malik Rose trade really screwed up the Chemistry.

Link to where Nazr Mohammed is a shithead, deformed Dogs, and has been a total piece of shit like Qyntell Woods?!?!

Give me a break people.

T Park
08-03-2005, 10:30 PM
What i meant and what you refused to understand the first time Tpark was tahty when you have a solid core that set the tone and the value for the team it is not a young immature player taht will make the law in the locker room. capice

You mean like Ron Mercer?? Who got cut?

I capice son, but bringing him in will cause distractions.

Whatever, bring in a piece of shit that deforms dogs, and is a shithead.

You can keep my season tickets if this fuckface is brought in.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Jesus H. Christ Tpark!!!!

SO now we have to judge degrees of "bad"? Your only bitch was about team chemistry.

My point was TD took Jax under his wing and he became a good guy and team player. I guess it's fucking stupid to expect the same to happen with anyone else.

But hey, you've already judged, convicted, and executed the guy, so fuck it.

my2sons
08-03-2005, 10:45 PM
whats the risk w/a 10,11 or 12th man that q would be. if he falls on his face who cares...if he destroys team chemistry which pop and staff will never allow, he will be cut long before he ever affected team chemistry...so whats the big deal...again, i put my faith in popp and his staff rather than some of the opinions floating around here....

T Park
08-03-2005, 10:47 PM
SO now we have to judge degrees of "bad"?

Now we sign guys who are shit heads that dismember and almost kill dogs?!?!?

Shit, whats JR Rider doin, Roy Tarpley, Ray Carruth might be ready for basketball.....

WTF, why not, Jason WIlliams???

T Park
08-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Your only bitch was about team chemistry.

No, my bitch is that the SPurs are lowering their standards lowering it to new lows.

Signing Dog Fighting dope smokers??

Guys like Stephen Jackson or Glenn Robinson?

Yeah thats cool, everyone deserves a second chance.

But Qyntell takes shithead to new levels.

yavozerb
08-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Maybe Pop doenst even wanna miss with this dude!!Easy for you to say let Pop deal with him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-03-2005, 10:55 PM
You just said Qyntel deserves a second chance. "Everyone deserves a second chance."

Fuck, you can't put a kid from a broken home on the Jailblazers and expect him to come out with his head screwed on straight.

my2sons
08-03-2005, 11:00 PM
wow, i thought this post was whether the spurs should sign this kid or not...some of the crap i'm reading is assuming it to be a done deal. again i put my trust in pop and his staff...thank goodness for that....if some of you had your way we never would have considered robert horry, big doggie, not have even given karl malone a sniff and of course everyone knows what kind of kid this Q is. i don't...i don't know if the spurs want this kid or not, but the stones that are thrown here is hilarious.

picnroll
08-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Jackson was a knucklehead but he was likeable, even charismatic. Woods sounds like a knucklehead and a prick that wouldn't get along well, but that's just from what's been described here.

my2sons
08-03-2005, 11:04 PM
no jax didn't destroy dogs, he just tried to destroy fans in detroit on national televison...ya i see your point

JUUOT
08-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Tpark. i do not even have to post it a third time since my2sons summaryzed it a third time in different words (nice and thanks my2sons) at this point...i guess discussion is down... we could still solve it with a dog fight?

T Park
08-03-2005, 11:08 PM
no jax didn't destroy dogs, he just tried to destroy fans in detroit on national televison...ya i see your point

He did that before he went to the Spurs??? Interesting...

Nice way to spin it there Einstein.

But ya know what, he did disfigure dogs, he did drugs and has gotten into trouble.

Nah, lets sign him, cause he is athletic, and is the second coming of JR Rider, so lets do that.

Guru of Nothing
08-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Thumbs down on Qyntel.

That's all I have to say.

T Park
08-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Tpark. i do not even have to post it a third time since my2sons summaryzed it a third time in different words (nice and thanks my2sons) at this point...i guess discussion is down... we could still solve it with a dog fight?

Classic.

Justify signing a shit head like Qyntell Woods.

Where is Whott with those pictures of dogs that have been fighting....

Of course, that wont matter. THis guy can dunk a basketball, and well, ya know, he played for the blazers.

T Park
08-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the backup Guru.

exstatic
08-03-2005, 11:27 PM
You can keep my season tickets if this fuckface is brought in.

Right TPark. We're still waiting for you to sit out a year here on the board. No one believes your dramatic pronouncements. It's just your "dose" talking. Just stop.

T Park
08-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Right TPark. We're still waiting for you to sit out a year here on the board.

blow me, once again, I can do what I want.

DOnt like it?? Refer to the thread where I made the pronouncement

where Kori said her and LJ preffered I stay?

So I said, ok, if thats what they prefer, Ill stay.

Dont like that?? Take it up with the , sit on it and spin.

whottt
08-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah, he played 3 whole games for MIA last year. If dog fighting is the worst thing that Q did, bring him in. I'm not down with dog battles, but that speaks to immaturity rather than overall bad character. No one down here fights their Chihuahuas, anyway. :lol

Um...that's like saying being a serial killer is due to immaturity. It's a sick excercise that appeals to the lowest elements of our society.

It more certainly is not a passing interest type deal...I mean you either enjoy watching things rip each others faces off, or you don't.

It's like the mob, you can't just casually enter into it...the dogfighters are not going to risk prison so some guy can satsify his curiosity on a whim.

And dogfighters don't fight Chihuahuas....they use them as bait to turn a dogs natural instincts into homicidal blood lust. Sure you can tut tut it away...until it's your dog or cat that they steal to use as bait, or one of your puppies they promise they are going to give to a good home. Or your child that gets it's face ripped off when one of these idiots dumps a wounded loser on the side of the road. Funny thing about people that like watching dogs butcher each other...they have almost zero desire to nurture them back to health...those that get their jollies by burning them alive or tieing them to a tree to starve to death....those are the responsible dogfighters.

Sure it's no big deal...until their natural tendencies are perverted to the extent that they see all small creatures, read:children, and other peoples animals, as prey.

THIS is the type of restoration projects that the Spurs specialize in. He's now a castoff, not a former first rounder with delusions of grandeur.

I didn't realize it's possible to restore shit.

T Park
08-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Bravo Whottt.

I was tired of fighting the fight alone.

exstatic
08-03-2005, 11:33 PM
The point is....no one believes much of what you say here, because you give them little reason to. Stop the drama.

T Park
08-03-2005, 11:36 PM
TPark, what does it matter, after the Spurs go on a two or three game losing streak, you'll quit and we'll Woods won't be a problem for you.

Whats the matter son, NYNSYC Message Board down for maintenance.

T Park
08-03-2005, 11:36 PM
But Whottt, he came from a broken home, thats why he is allowed to do this....

ace3g
08-03-2005, 11:39 PM
hey whott I hope you are kidding around because that picture is not funny

IcemanCometh
08-03-2005, 11:39 PM
http://www.badmoney.us/images/November/glenn%20t-day/glenn%20circus%20poster.jpg

hows that any different from how certain people abuse others in their line of work?

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Tpark you are such a dick.

When people don't learn the difference between right and wrong growing up, they'll never change their ways until someone helps them change them.

Shit, this is a low risk, high reward move if the Spurs make it.

They can bring him in, and let it be known the first time he fucks up he's out of here. Pretty simple.

I think it's despicable what he did with the dogs, but at the same time I guess I have enough heart to give the guy a crack at turning his life around surrounded by a family organization like the Spurs.

T Park
08-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Offline | Online

Kidding around about what??

Qyntell Woods fought with dogs.

Thats what happens to dogs after fightings.

Fact.

T Park
08-03-2005, 11:43 PM
but at the same time I guess I have enough heart to give the guy a crack at turning his life around surrounded by a family organization like the Spurs.

I guess your an idiot.

I have zero heart for anyone that treats dogs, like the above pictures.

Save the sob story for someone else.

Bruce Bowen grew up with no parents at all and see how he turned out...

No dog fighting for him.....

whottt
08-03-2005, 11:46 PM

I was kidding...

If I had been serious I would have posted one of the graphic pictures...

That dog is just being trained by the way. His owner wanted him to have a little bit more of a mean streak...

...always a good idea with Pitbulls.

If you want to see what it's like when I am not kidding go down to your humane society and look at the PitBulls there.

whottt
08-03-2005, 11:52 PM
http://www.humanesociety.com/images/Yngrl.jpg

Tut tut little girl...boys will be boys. LOL.

Besides...we'll finally have that long SF spot shored up...and that's what really matters, even though we just won a championship.[/fucking dumbasses]

TheWriter
08-03-2005, 11:55 PM
Fuck, I'm done with you TPark, you wanna go at it, PM me.

I'm not gonna give Kori anymore posts to delete.

T Park
08-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Now Now whott.

He grew up in a broken home, and didn't know that hurting dogs and training them to kill was not right.

Come on.... He doesn't have a brain to think for himself.

ChumpDumper
08-04-2005, 01:51 AM
Great thread.

my2sons
08-04-2005, 08:39 AM
you sure seem to know ALOT of what happens to dogs that are fighting dogs...is that research or experience....

Spurminator
08-04-2005, 08:48 AM
Give him the chair. YEEEEEE HAW!!!

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Geez, some folks are acting like the Spurs negotiating with a guy who was involved in dog fighting means that the Spurs are endorsing it. I'm not excusing the guy- he did some fucked up shit and there's no one to blame for that but him. However, the Spurs are the NBA equivalent of that show Brat Camp. Best case scenario the guy will work out well enough here and turn himself around professionally and personally. Worst case he's a dick and the Spurs cut his ass. No great loss and he gets to go try to find another job with the stigma that he couldn't even cut it in a first rate organization like the Spurs.

clubalien
08-04-2005, 11:34 AM
the whoel spurs organzation besides tony went after a wife beater named Jason KiDD
we had rodman play for us

I think the whole dog thing isn't that huge

Kori Ellis
08-04-2005, 02:09 PM
The Writer and TPark never learn.

Next petty name-calling argument between you two leads to two week banishment.

Mixability
08-04-2005, 02:18 PM
The Writer and TPark never learn.

Next petty name-calling argument between you two leads to two week banishment.

I have no clue what The Writer does, but the one thing I know is that it practically makes me sick that TPark is still posting here.... yeah I know he was "allowed" back, but I think he should just be a man and stick to his word or at the very least take the Spurs off of his team affiliation.

Kori Ellis
08-04-2005, 02:28 PM
I have no clue what The Writer does, but the one thing I know is that it practically makes me sick that TPark is still posting here.... yeah I know he was "allowed" back, but I think he should just be a man and stick to his word or at the very least take the Spurs off of his team affiliation.

Yeah it makes a lot of people sick, but it's about time people stop posting about it ... at least in the Spurs forum. Walton Buys Off Me gave up too and said he wasn't coming back or rooting for the Spurs again. It's just a tiresome topic to always read about in every Spurs thread that TPark is in. I'm sick of it. Any TPark worries should be posted in The Club.