PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong With Devin Ebanks?

darkhorsebball
02-05-2014, 11:49 PM
He's been dominating the D-League. He's 6'9" and a decent defender. Why did the Spurs call up Jeffers and sign Shannon Briown over Ebanks? Has anybody heard anything? Is he trouble or have a bad attitude? It doesn't make sense to not give him a shot. I don't think he's signed to Dallas anymore.

MaNu4Tres
02-06-2014, 02:15 AM
What's more perplexing to me is how they passed on James Johnson this summer. He's been the best player off the bench for the Griz and the guy is their most versatile and effective defender. I've actually loved his defense this year (very underrated). He would have been the perfect back up 3/ small ball 4/ back up PF (bonner/ayers replacement) for the Spurs, tbh.

darkhorsebball
02-06-2014, 02:27 AM
I saw him play with the Vipers before the Grizz picked him up.. Very exciting player had a bunch of put back dunks..

TJastal
02-06-2014, 05:49 AM
Spurs definitely need a guy 6'7 - 6'9 who can play defense with a hard nosed attitude. But they also really need experience. Does James Johnson have that? No. If I was looking to sign somebody for that niche I would tend more towards an established guy with playoff experience (the more the better) like Jared Dudley or Matt Barnes.

FireMicoHalili
02-06-2014, 06:38 AM
What's wrong with the Spurs FO? is the proper question to ask. Answer would be nothing, they generally just don't like doing fan service.