02-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Imma probably be leaving soon too..thought yall might wanna hear the good news

benefactor
02-06-2014, 01:21 PM
For reals this time?
My first thought as well.

ChumpDumper
02-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Imma probably be leaving soon too..thought yall might wanna hear the good newsLike you left before Christmas?

You only started 123 threads since then.

Jacob1983
02-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Sandra Bullock looked pretty good on the show last night. She got emotional and there were tears.

Joyrider
02-06-2014, 01:46 PM
He said in an interview with 60 minutes that this was final and not like before. He won't accept an offer to come back if it presented himself. That in his words, 'he read the writing on the wall'.

Koolaid_Man
02-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Like you left before Christmas?

You only started 123 threads since then.

If you can prove that most people actually want me gone..I'll leave sooner than planned

ChumpDumper
02-06-2014, 02:07 PM
If you can prove that most people actually want me gone..I'll leave sooner than plannedProve they wanted you to stay and make 123 threads in six weeks.

Koolaid_Man
02-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Prove they wanted you to stay and make 123 threads in six weeks.

proof is in the responses...:lol

ChumpDumper
02-06-2014, 02:20 PM
proof is in the responses...:lolTruth is no one gave a shit for the 35 minutes you were retired.

Koolaid_Man
02-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Truth is no one gave a shit for the 35 minutes you were retired.

but you care...right now :lol

Trainwreck2100
02-06-2014, 02:24 PM
If you can prove that most people actually want me gone..I'll leave sooner than planned

you'd just use that as a reason to stay

ChumpDumper
02-06-2014, 02:25 PM
but you care...right now :lolThe only way to prove anything is for you to leave forever.

And you can't do that.

Because you care.

CuckingFunt
02-06-2014, 02:29 PM
The only way to prove anything is for you to leave forever.

And you can't do that.

Because you care.

So hard.

gameFACE
02-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Never got into Leno. I don't mind Kimmel but I can't wait to see what Jimmy Fallon brings.

Wild Cobra
02-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Bring back Johnny Carson. No one has been able to do as well IMO.

CitizenDwayne
02-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Leno was annoying as hell, but the people expecting greatness from Fallon don't know wtf they're talking about

hehateme
02-06-2014, 04:25 PM
I don't know, does anyone else find Craig Ferguson a bit funnier in terms of open end comedy? Fallon seems like a skit kind of guy to me.

Jacob1983
02-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Fallon isn't as funny as Conan but Conan hasn't been the same since leaving Late Night. He should have never left Late Night. NBC basically neutered him when he hosted The Tonight Show. I hope NBC doesn't do that to Fallon and make him do stupid skits that are designed for viewers 50 and older.

DMC
02-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Kobe should be doing the show. He's got plenty of sitting time ahead and LA fans would just stare at him in a really creepy stalker lust sort of way.

"Did you see Kobe tonight?"

"Yeah he was great, Kobe always brings it"

"Yeah, I thought so. Who were the guests?"

"I don't know, I wasn't watching them but Kobe was on fire"

"Yep... that's our Kobe"

Thread
02-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Sandra Bullock looked pretty good on the show last night. She got emotional and there were tears.

She was returning from her film fest.

hehateme
02-06-2014, 04:52 PM
Kobe should be doing the show. He's got plenty of sitting time ahead and LA fans would just stare at him in a really creepy stalker lust sort of way.

"Did you see Kobe tonight?"

"Yeah he was great, Kobe always brings it"

"Yeah, I thought so. Who were the guests?"

"I don't know, I wasn't watching them but Kobe was on fire"

"Yep... that's our Kobe"

This would work if it was still in LA but it's being moved to New York for some reason

DMC
02-06-2014, 04:59 PM
This would work if it was still in LA but it's being moved to New York for some reason

Yeah they don't like anyone there.

Thread
02-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Bring back Johnny Carson. No one has been able to do as well IMO.

& make it look so easy.

Watching these other guys is interminable.

Carson, at prime. Rickles is funny, of course, but, it's Carson's ability to let it come is why it explodes...

q5_V9RT8aR8

silverblk mystix
02-06-2014, 05:20 PM
jay leno

jimmy phallus - what's the fuckin' difference and who gives a shit?

no one

and - by the way -

shitty thread

ChumpDumper
02-06-2014, 05:36 PM
It's always a good thread when you get SBM to remind us he's still in full metdown.

I. Hustle
02-06-2014, 05:42 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001973771/516519585_Pay_attention_to_me_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

xmas1997
02-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Good riddance.

lefty
02-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Good riddance.

xmas1997
02-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Who will take over?

lefty
02-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Leno is crap

And so is Letterman

xmas1997
02-06-2014, 08:20 PM
Leno is crap

And so is Letterman

Agree.

Wild Cobra
02-07-2014, 12:12 AM
Leno is crap

And so is Letterman

Agree.
I agree too.

One thing I like about Carson, is it wasn't always him, nor did he do the juvenile jokes. It was cool to have so many guest hosts.

JudynTX
02-07-2014, 08:36 AM
Good riddance!

DMC
02-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Wow, and it seems like only 21 years ago when he jumped the shark.

DMC
02-07-2014, 11:00 AM
I agree too.

One thing I like about Carson, is it wasn't always him, nor did he do the juvenile jokes. It was cool to have so many guest hosts.

When it was Johnny, there wasn't much else on at that hour. Now you have 400 other options plus on demand and live streaming. Late shows have to be pretty good to make me want to watch them, and no thanks to any monologue.

SpursRock20
02-07-2014, 11:37 AM
I don't know, does anyone else find Craig Ferguson a bit funnier in terms of open end comedy? Fallon seems like a skit kind of guy to me.
Craig Ferguson is my favorite out of all the late-night hosts. He gives the best interviews and most of his stuff is improv. The only problem I could see happening if he took over for say, Leno, or more than likely Letterman, is that his monologue doesn't have much appeal to most people. Don't get me wrong, I really like Ferguson but he tends to recycle the same bit night after night in the monologue (wood on the fire, heckles the warm-up "comedian", CBS "cares", makes fun of the fact that he has no band, etc.). Not sure if it is a lack of writers or if that is just his style but I remember after watching for about a week, the repeated jokes far outnumber the original ones. Still love his interviews though.

ploto
02-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Craig Ferguson is my favorite out of all the late-night hosts. He gives the best interviews and most of his stuff is improv. The only problem I could see happening if he took over for say, Leno, or more than likely Letterman, is that his monologue doesn't have much appeal to most people. Don't get me wrong, I really like Ferguson but he tends to recycle the same bit night after night in the monologue (wood on the fire, heckles the warm-up "comedian", CBS "cares", makes fun of the fact that he has no band, etc.). Not sure if it is a lack of writers or if that is just his style but after watching for about a week, the repeated jokes far outnumber the original ones. Still love his interviews though.

His show would never work in an earlier time slot. It would ruin it. He parodies late night talk shows and makes fun of their "rehearsed" interviews. He just talks to people.

Jacob1983
02-08-2014, 12:33 AM
Ferguson is definitely one of the best interviewers because he just talks to the guest and doesn't try to promote an agenda or start shit. He also likes to flirt with the lady guests which is usually funny because some of the lady guests flirt back. Letterman comes off as perv around female guests and just as a dick in general.

Biernutz
02-08-2014, 01:24 AM
I liked Jay's tonight show but I also like Leno' Garage on U-tube......

http://youtu.be/ydtGew7bWuw

CubanSucks
02-08-2014, 01:42 AM
Leno was alright. Pretty much always had first dibs on guests. Watched all 4 episodes this week and I can appreciate an icon.

As far as his feud with Conan goes, on 60 Minutes he said he was pretty much pushed out without even being consulted and when Conan flopped they called him back. How the fuck is it his problem when he took back the job he was fired from shortly before? I'm more of a Conan guy tbh, Conan > Kimmel > Leno >>>>>> everyone else, but on that subject Conan should stfu and forget it forever.

CubanSucks
02-08-2014, 01:49 AM
:lmao just started reading the comments and aside from some of you dumb fucks getting suckered into kool's bullshit again, this thread is all about how the #1 late night guy is shit. I'll agree that he was pretty bland and safe, but obviously he was consistent enough and had some sort of great formula. The whole late night talk show format in general is tired anyway

Avante
02-08-2014, 01:50 AM
The roots...

7_D5KzbX1Jo

xmas1997
02-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Jack Paar.

So who is taking over now?

lefty
02-08-2014, 11:51 PM
My 2 favorites are Conan and Ferguson

Venti Quattro
02-09-2014, 12:22 AM
And so is Letterman

Go fuck yourself

Jacob1983
02-09-2014, 12:45 AM
Conan was hilarious on Late Night but he has been I'm a slump since leaving that show. I think Seth Meyers will suck as the host.

CubanSucks
02-09-2014, 12:51 AM
My 2 favorites are Conan and Ferguson

Ferguson sucks. I can understand his appeal because his schtick is a little different. That skeleton guy is the most unfunny shit I've ever seen though

Conan was hilarious on Late Night but he has been I'm a slump since leaving that show. I think Seth Meyers will suck as the host.

It all went downhill when Max's role as the sidekick was given to Richter. Was never funny. And agreed on Meyers

Jacob1983
02-09-2014, 01:13 AM
I loved it when Max and Conan would stare at each other and when they would be excited about going to eat food in the studio but as soon as they start walking, they are silent and just look depressed and mad.

DMC
02-09-2014, 02:17 AM
Conan is a faggot. Can't stand that dainty queer.

xmas1997
02-09-2014, 09:01 AM
Ferguson is really funny.

So is Jimmy Fallon the new host?

mrsmaalox
02-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Leno was always the one I skipped over unless I knew in advance there was someone I'd be interested in seeing and that was rare; even for that final show, who could actually watch Leno, Billy Crystal AND Garth Brooks without passing out from total boredom? Letterman is really corny but he has good musical guests. Conan is pretty silly too I haven't seen much of his latest show. My dad is a big Jimmy Kimmel fan and the few times I've watched with him I've ended up laughing my ass off. Craig Ferguson is the most unconventional, he's sexy (the female guests get all flustered and flirty with him), playful, and silly and talks with his guests like they are just sitting around a bar or something. Jimmy Fallon is definitely the most talented of them all, he's an all around showman; the show will be totally different from what Leno fans are used to so I'd be surprised if there isn't an outpouring of old farts whining about the good old days of Leno, Carson and Jack Paar :rolleyes

xmas1997
02-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Leno was always the one I skipped over unless I knew in advance there was someone I'd be interested in seeing and that was rare; even for that final show, who could actually watch Leno, Billy Crystal AND Garth Brooks without passing out from total boredom? Letterman is really corny but he has good musical guests. Conan is pretty silly too I haven't seen much of his latest show. My dad is a big Jimmy Kimmel fan and the few times I've watched with him I've ended up laughing my ass off. Craig Ferguson is the most unconventional, he's sexy (the female guests get all flustered and flirty with him), playful, and silly and talks with his guests like they are just sitting around a bar or something. Jimmy Fallon is definitely the most talented of them all, he's an all around showman; the show will be totally different from what Leno fans are used to so I'd be surprised if there isn't an outpouring of old farts whining about the good old days of Leno, Carson and Jack Paar :rolleyes

I agree with quite a lot of your assessment, but there is no way you can lump Leno in with Carson and Paar. Leno never achieved that kind of recognition, nor was he as clever as the other two.

mrsmaalox
02-09-2014, 09:00 PM
I agree with quite a lot of your assessment, but there is no way you can lump Leno in with Carson and Paar. Leno never achieved that kind of recognition, nor was he as clever as the other two.

Yea I definitely lump Leno with Carson and Paar in the "has beens" category. Doesn't matter how great they all were in their time, they couldn't cut it today. The standards (or lack there of) in entertainment have never been nostalgic and as innovative as those guys may have been, even their genius wasn't enough to ensure survival.`

Jacob1983
02-10-2014, 04:16 AM
Ferguson seems like sincere and down to earth out of the hosts. Fallon tries a little too hard to be buddies with his guests. Jimmy Kimmel can be nice but also a dick at the same time. Letterman is an unfunny perv with a political agenda.

xmas1997
02-10-2014, 09:06 AM
Yea I definitely lump Leno with Carson and Paar in the "has beens" category. Doesn't matter how great they all were in their time, they couldn't cut it today. The standards (or lack there of) in entertainment have never been nostalgic and as innovative as those guys may have been, even their genius wasn't enough to ensure survival.`

I totally disagree. Both Paar and Carson had cutting edge humor and usually ahead of their time.
IMHO they could easily cut it now.

tlongII
02-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Leno sucks. Carson was the GOAT.

baseline bum
02-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Wow, in his whole career Leno never did anything as funny as this clip from Fallon's show :lol

-YCeIgt7hMs

DarrinS
02-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Wow, in his whole career Leno never did anything as funny as this clip from Fallon's show :lol

-YCeIgt7hMs

:lol That must have taken a while to put together.

DarrinS
02-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Personally, I think Conan is funnier, but Fallon is more talented (impressions, musical ability, etc.).

baseline bum
02-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Personally, I think Conan is funnier, but Fallon is more talented (impressions, musical ability, etc.).

I loved Conan on the late show, but he wasn't that good toning it down for the Tonight Show. Same with Letterman, who was insanely funny in the late night slot but couldn't talk shit to his guests anymore once he got to CBS. I haven't watched Conan's TBS show though; maybe it's back to the gold his late night was on NBC.

RD2191
02-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Fallon is fukin garbage.

DarrinS
02-21-2014, 05:25 PM
I loved Conan on the late show, but he wasn't that good toning it down for the Tonight Show. Same with Letterman, who was insanely funny in the late night slot but couldn't talk shit to his guests anymore once he got to CBS. I haven't watched Conan's TBS show though; maybe it's back to the gold his late night was on NBC.

Yeah, Letterman was way funnier back in the day.

Conan's new show is pretty good. Here's his youtube channel --> http://www.youtube.com/user/teamcoco

baseline bum
02-21-2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah, Letterman was way funnier back in the day.

Conan's new show is pretty good. Here's his youtube channel --> http://www.youtube.com/user/teamcoco

Thanks. I'll have to check it out.

Biernutz
02-21-2014, 06:21 PM
There has been some talk that Leno might do a late show on Fox or CNN. As for now if I watch late shows
it's Jimmy Kimmel.

CubanSucks
02-22-2014, 12:27 AM
Conan will never be as good as he was with Max.

CuckingFunt
02-22-2014, 02:43 AM

-YCeIgt7hMs

Shit. That's even better than the barbershop quartet version of "Ignition Remix" he did earlier in the week.

CuckingFunt
02-22-2014, 02:48 AM
I loved Conan on the late show, but he wasn't that good toning it down for the Tonight Show.

Conan is much better suited to New York. It's the fact LA shows get the big names that makes them so much more bland. Obscure acts and Broadway stars don't balk at an edgier show because they're just happy to be on TV.