PDA

View Full Version : Spurs still want Javotkas?

ducks
08-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Spurs still want Javotkas?
The agency of Argentinean power forward Fabricio Oberto, Interperformances have announced that the player is in negotiations to make a deal with the NBA Champions San Antonio Spurs and should sign. Oberto, who also has Italian passport, has already tried to get to the NBA last summer when he was close to sign with the Sacramento Kings. After a few seasons in Spain, the player decided to leave his recent team Pamesa Valnecia. Last season, Oberto averaged 14.2 ppg and 7.2 rpg in the ACB.

This off-season, Spurs have also been interested in other two European frontcourt players - another Argentinean Luis Scola and Robertas Javtokas.

http://www.24sec.net/article.asp?index=2145

ace3g
08-03-2005, 11:15 AM
well if the spurs were interested in Javtokas this year they must have told him something earlier because he already signed a contract overseas when he heard there might be a lock out for the upcoming season

It would be nice to have Javtokas here, but I dont know what type of clause if any is in his euro contract that would let him leave

JUUOT
08-03-2005, 11:24 AM
From what i rmemember javtokas contract is a "friendly" one. He is a hero there and last year captain of the team, they will not do anything preventing him from joining the spurs. i think he has a nba exit clause.

however, because of reasons explained before (wedding being one of them) he should not join before next summer. unless rasho is out?...

greywheel
08-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Could be bad English.

Maybe the meant to say the "Spurs have interest in two other European frontcourt players"

Since we own the NBA rights to the two players listed.

Kori Ellis
08-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Could be bad English.

Maybe the meant to say the "Spurs have interest in two other European frontcourt players"

Since we own the NBA rights to the two players listed.

That's what I thought too. I think Jav is pretty set in staying where he is for the upcoming season.

TDMVPDPOY
08-03-2005, 12:38 PM
he aint comin untill he gets better tats :D:D

Solid D
08-03-2005, 02:45 PM
ducks,
that article was written on July 15th and the author was just stating who the Spurs had been interested in. He was behind the times on Javtokas, even in mid-July, if he was trying to say anything about him. By that time, Robertas had already signed up for another season with Rytas.

This article is mush and meaningless, now. Next.

CaptainLate
08-03-2005, 07:40 PM
That's what I thought too. I think Jav is pretty set in staying where he is for the upcoming season.

Did the Spurs draft Javotkas?

Solid D
08-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Yes, with the 56th pick in the 2001 draft. One of two 2nd rounders the Spurs got in trade with the Lakers for their 2nd round pick Corey Hightower.

The other second rounder the Spurs got was in 2002 and it was traded to the 76ers (Randy Holcomb) along with their 1st round pick John Salmons for Speedy Claxton, who helped the Spurs win their 2nd NBA Championship!

NZHayden
08-04-2005, 03:15 AM
im hungry

AFE7FATMAN
08-04-2005, 03:32 AM
well if the spurs were interested in Javtokas this year they must have told him something earlier because he already signed a contract overseas when he heard there might be a lock out for the upcoming season

It would be nice to have Javtokas here, but I dont know what type of clause if any is in his euro contract that would let him leave

Javtokas has said he will be coming in 2006-2007. He wants to stay in Europe as his girlriend finishes her degree and he thought there would be a lock-out. The link to the article was posted somewhere in one of the threads on this board.

I have found an article that shows he just got maried to his girl friend and signed a one year "EXTENSION" on his contract so it looks like he will be here in 2006-2007 when we don't have any draft picks
http://www.24sec.net/article.asp?index=1922