PDA

View Full Version : The 4 Olympic rings on Sochi ceremony: glitch or plot?

Rogue
02-08-2014, 12:59 AM
It was a tremendous opening ceremony overall thanks to the Russians organizers who had spent the past 8 something years preparing for it, except for one minor glitch… into the dark sky there gradually rose five flowers which in contrast looked so bright, and by the correlating positions of those five flowers people could easily predict they would transform into 5 circles to make the 5-ring Olympic symbol. However, to the audience’s surprise, and perhaps to the technicians’ chagrin, only 4 of those flowers expanded into the shape of rings and interlocked eachother, leaving out the last flower (the upper-right one) remaining the shaped of a flower, separated and isolated.

It was a glitch, as was explained by a crew member on the technician team during an interview, who admitted it was a “mistake” and expressed his regret for it, though the witty smile on his face didn’t very well comply with what he said. Some people were concerned that someone had to take serious responsibility for that mistake, and even that someone or ones would possibly get executed for this mistake under the order of their president/commander-in-chief Vladimir Putin who also attended the opening ceremony and witnessed the horrible glitch with his own eyes. But now we can relax a bit thanks to that technician’s words and facial expressions, knowing that their lives are safe at the very least.

But here we still have a question to ourselves: how could such a stupid mistake happen in such a great event of a country that’s even capable of sending satellites into the space? Especially when they had been preparing for it over the past, what, 8 years? It might be just as simple as a glitch, like it is generally believed, but there might also be some other reasons or explanations for this glitch, or to be more accurate, this plot…

Such events like Olympic Games and Soccer World Cup have never had the luck to be completely free of political influence, which’s confirmed time and time again by the attendance of so many state leaders on the opening ceremonies. And of course, the Winter Olympics in Sochi is no exception, especially considering that Sochi is in… well, Russia, and those Russians are historically known to be adept at interbreeding such political jokes.

So here is a bold hypothesis concerning another possible explanation to the “glitch” that happened on Sochi’s opening ceremony: the Russians let it happen on purpose in light of the newly released tape containing our vice secretary of state’s trash talk against the “European Union”, meant to “isolate” America even more.

It was the upper-right “ring” that failed to grow into the shape of a circle and to join the other four in Sochi. According to the position of it, we can assume that on the Olympic 5-ring symbol, it is the red ring (also located in the upper-right corner) which’s generally believed to stand for… you must already know it, America…

It’s safe to say that America has endured a hard time with our European allies over the past year thanks to the heroic behavior of a former intelligence agency staffer named Edward Snowden (who’s still hiding in Russia), and the president’s boneheaded admission of the US eavesdropping on Merkel’s cell phone. Therefore, the Russian just did us a big favor today by demonstrating our isolationist ideology before the whole world’s eyes, separating us even further from Europe as well as the rest of the world… So what am I gonna say from a wannabe American’s perspective? Thank you, Russia. :toast

cantthinkofanything
02-08-2014, 01:02 AM
Idk. the goddess smells like poo. ButI try to remain neutral.

Wild Cobra
02-08-2014, 01:28 PM
it is the red ring (also located in the upper-right corner) which’s generally believed to stand for… you must already know it, America…

Are you making this bullshit up, or reading a journalist that spews bullshit?

link: THIS GREAT SYMBOL (http://library.la84.org/OlympicInformationCenter/OlympicReview/1992/ore301/ORE301p.pdf)
6. Revue Olympique, August 1913. English
translation: “Furthermore, the six colours (including
the flag’s white background) thus combined
reproduce the colours of all the nations,
with no exception. The blue and yellow of
Sweden, the blue and white of Greece, the tricolours
of France, England and America, Germany,
Belgium, Italy, Hungary, the yellow and
red of Spain next to the novelties of Brazil or
Australia, with old Japan and new China. Here
is truly an international symbol.” Parenthesis
mine. Notably absent from the Baron’s list of
countries are any from the continent of Africa,
further proof for the fact that Coubertin’s “colour
inspiration” was derived from national flag hues,
rather than from continents and their respective
racial connotations.

SupremeGuy
02-08-2014, 07:01 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001518145/2044914967_tinfoil_hat_answer_6_xlarge.jpeg

Rogue
02-08-2014, 07:33 PM
At least I wasn't reading something scrawled up by a lifelong highschool graduate, tbh.

Wild Cobra
02-09-2014, 12:23 AM
At least I wasn't reading something scrawled up by a lifelong highschool graduate, tbh.
But what ever you read, you posted without verifying. Not a very good practice.

Rogue
02-09-2014, 12:47 AM
Arguing with someone whose lifelong highest academic achievement is a highschool diploma would've been a even worse practice for me, tbh.

Wild Cobra
02-09-2014, 01:43 AM
Lets see what the Olympic web site says:

The rings
Meaning of the five rings and flag — History of the rings and flag
suggested by Pierre de Coubertin in 1914 — Actual use of the rings
and flag in emblems.

http://www.olympic.org/Documents/Reports/EN/en_report_1303.pdf

Wild Cobra
02-09-2014, 01:45 AM
Arguing with someone whose lifelong highest academic achievement is a highschool diploma would've been a even worse practice for me, tbh.
You would do well not to disagree with something I state as fact. I verify things rather than putting my foot in my mouth.

DMC
02-09-2014, 02:02 AM
You would do well not to disagree with something I state as fact. I verify things rather than putting my foot in my mouth.

Like Sushimi?

Wild Cobra
02-09-2014, 02:27 AM
Like Sushimi?
Wow...

Back to spelling mistakes.

Go away troll.

DMC
02-09-2014, 02:32 AM
Wow...

Back to spelling mistakes.

Go away troll.

That's not a spelling mistake. That's you not knowing what you're talking about. You were confusing sushi with sashimi in your normal "I seem to recall" Google regurgitation facade.

Wild Cobra
02-09-2014, 02:42 AM
That's not a spelling mistake. That's you not knowing what you're talking about. You were confusing sushi with sashimi in your normal "I seem to recall" Google regurgitation facade.
Liar. That isn't what happened. Bring back that thread then rather than shitting here if you think I'm wrong, and show us what I stated as fact that was wrong.

Why are you piling up your bullshit here? Can't you fine a public rest room?

Are you really that little of a man, that you have to attack others over frivolous things?

Again. go away troll.

Rogue
02-09-2014, 09:29 AM
The man who you referred to as a liar and troll has a doctorate's degree though, which is a fair reward for his hardwork through school years that are almost twice as long as the total length of time you've spent in schools throughout your entire lifetime... what a fucking irony, tbh.

rascal
02-09-2014, 09:55 AM
So one ring represents only one country, the United States? A bit of an ego to even believe that.

Wild Cobra
02-09-2014, 10:03 AM
So one ring represents only one country, the United States? A bit of an ego to even believe that.

The continental term is incorrect, as it would represent two continents. North and South America. That is why it is more correct to refer to world regions if that is the For those who believe it does represent us, then it is also representing Canada, Mexico, Brazil, etc.

Rogue
02-09-2014, 10:06 AM
the red ring stands for North and South Americas as a whole, but I don't think there's another country on either continent that the Russian fuckheads would have any interest in aiming at. Of course the Russians plotted to troll the US. US is their primary target, with other South and North American countries suffering the collateral damage unfortunately.

Rogue
02-09-2014, 10:20 AM
The continental term is incorrect, as it would represent two continents. North and South America. That is why it is more correct to refer to world regions if that is the For those who believe it does represent us, then it is also representing Canada, Mexico, Brazil, etc.
Then why are you referring to yourselves as Americans but referring to people from Latin American countries as "beaners"? The US is just so powerful and significant it overwhelms both "Americas", if not the the whole world, and hence it naturally and deservedly becomes the representative of both Americas (just like England to the UK, imho)

And the Russians didn't need to specify it to let people know that America, the United States of America was their target to troll, inferring from the history between these two countries. It's like, when I make a derisive joke about "midgets", people would instantly know that I am trolling DPG because he's well known as an undersized guy (at 5'5 or something). There might be some guys even shorter than him in the ST community, but they don't ever get mad at such disdainful remarks because no one knows their height.

DMC
02-09-2014, 12:16 PM
But what ever you read, you posted without verifying. Not a very good practice.

Liar. That isn't what happened. Bring back that thread then rather than shitting here if you think I'm wrong, and show us what I stated as fact that was wrong.

Why are you piling up your bullshit here? Can't you fine a public rest room?

Are you really that little of a man, that you have to attack others over frivolous things?

Again. go away troll.