PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Stern in '99, Ginobili in '05 and Parker in '07.

Arnold Toht
02-08-2014, 04:54 PM
And they still claim Duncan didn't need help to win.

Fuck, it's like the supporting cast card can only be pulled when Kobe's the victim.

kobe4life
02-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Kobe is god, allah, Jehovah how dare these infidels think Duncan is superior to god.

Clipper Nation
02-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Another deflection from The Tape!

Thread
02-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Another deflection from The Tape!

You've nary room. Your Duncan is gay as well.

Clipper Nation
02-08-2014, 05:03 PM
You've nary room. Your Duncan is gay as well.
Then you shouldn't mind:::Kirby is gay.

DeadlyDynasty
02-08-2014, 05:03 PM
1999 was such an embarrassing blemish on the NBA...the segue season

kobe4life
02-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Then you shouldn't mind:::Kirby is gay.

Shutup infidel you will burn in hell for saying god is gay.

DeadlyDynasty
02-08-2014, 05:09 PM
2003 and 2005 are the only ones I can give them credit for without feeling intellectually dishonest. 1999 was a stillbirth of a season, and 2007 was marred by Donaghy fixing the only competitive series in the West. Sheep will comeback with, "but what about 2002?:cry"...fine, take that one away if you want, no sweat off my sac as long as we hold everybody to the same standard.

2003 (even though Dirk got injured midway through WCF) is legit because they dethroned the trifecta champs, and 2005 is legit because they played real teams in the playoffs--although that 2005 Finals is severely overrated by Spur fan in regards to it being exciting. Game 5 and the first 3 quarters of Game 7 were exciting. Other than that you'd find yourself falling asleep during it.

jeebus
02-08-2014, 05:13 PM
2003 and 2005 are the only ones I can give them credit for without feeling intellectually dishonest. 1999 was a stillbirth of a season, and 2007 was marred by Donaghy fixing the only competitive series in the West.

2003 (even though Dirk got injured midway through WCF) is legit because they dethroned the trifecta champs, and 2005 is legit because they played real teams in the playoffs--although that 2005 Finals is severely overrated by Spur fan in regards to it being exciting. Game 5 and the first 3 quarters of Game 7 were exciting. Other than that you'd find yourself falling asleep during it.

what about 2002 fagg:lolt?

:cry

DeadlyDynasty
02-08-2014, 05:14 PM
jeebus pls:cry

MeloHype
02-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Shaq in '00-02 and MVPau in '09-10

:downspin:

spurraider21
02-08-2014, 05:19 PM
2003 and 2005 are the only ones I can give them credit for without feeling intellectually dishonest. 1999 was a stillbirth of a season, and 2007 was marred by Donaghy fixing the only competitive series in the West. Sheep will comeback with, "but what about 2002?:cry"...fine, take that one away if you want, no sweat off my sac as long as we hold everybody to the same standard.

:lol discrediting 99 just because. Swept the lakers en route

which series did Donaghy fix in 07? The one where horry got suspended for the duration of the series for his dirty play? The one that we easily may have taken in game 7 if it got that far?

DeadlyDynasty
02-08-2014, 05:29 PM
:lol discrediting 99 just because. Swept the lakers en route

which series did Donaghy fix in 07? The one where horry got suspended for the duration of the series for his dirty play? The one that we easily may have taken in game 7 if it got that far?
:loldiscrediting 1999 because it's easy to. It's a shitstained mistake where an 8th seed made the finals. Now it's just remembered as the segue season between 2 great dynasties.

As for 2007, I was referring to Game 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvkKdXLwt0U

Game 4 was a sham unto itself--the shady suspensions just cemented what was already a tainted series. Homers will come back with the usual "by the letter of the law, those suspensions were right!," but it doesn't make it so. By the stupid antiquated rules, it was correct, but not right. Should've been treated the same way last second plays are treated, with whistles being swallowed.

DeadlyDynasty
02-08-2014, 05:35 PM
In my lifetime I can vividly remember the '97 Knicks and '07 Suns get their title hopes dashed due to horrible suspensions

spurraider21
02-08-2014, 05:52 PM
:loldiscrediting 1999 because it's easy to. It's a shitstained mistake where an 8th seed made the finals. Now it's just remembered as the segue season between 2 great dynasties.

As for 2007, I was referring to Game 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvkKdXLwt0U

Game 4 was a sham unto itself--the shady suspensions just cemented what was already a tainted series. Homers will come back with the usual "by the letter of the law, those suspensions were right!," but it doesn't make it so. By the stupid antiquated rules, it was correct, but not right. Should've been treated the same way last second plays are treated, with whistles being swallowed.
The spurs beat everybody they faced. Did you want them protest the league for a different finals opponent? The lakers beat a Dwight led magic and 3 years later shit on how terrible a player he is.

As for the suspensions, that wasn't a referee thing it was an NBA thing. If you think the league had an agenda to push the shit ratings spurs through, then :lol

jeebus
02-08-2014, 05:55 PM
jeebus pls:cry
:cry:cry

DeadlyDynasty
02-08-2014, 05:57 PM
The spurs beat everybody they faced. Did you want them protest the league for a different finals opponent? The lakers beat a Dwight led magic and 3 years later shit on how terrible a player he is.

As for the suspensions, that wasn't a referee thing it was an NBA thing. If you think the league had an agenda to push the shit ratings spurs through, then :lol

No shit, I made the whistle reference in a metaphorical sense. Spurfan was shitting on Dwight last year only to adopt him as a son this year, so you've no room.:lol 2009 was another weak year as far as playoff opponents, but there was never any doubt who the best team in basketball was that season. In 2007 there were 2 teams better than the Spurs. One choked in the first round, and the other got jobbed playing against them.

That's life. Accept the gift and move on.

spurraider21
02-08-2014, 06:24 PM
No shit, I made the whistle reference in a metaphorical sense. Spurfan was shitting on Dwight last year only to adopt him as a son this year, so you've no room.:lol 2009 was another weak year as far as playoff opponents, but there was never any doubt who the best team in basketball was that season. In 2007 there were 2 teams better than the Spurs. One choked in the first round, and the other got jobbed playing against them.

That's life. Accept the gift and move on.
i haven't adopted dwight at all. he's still better than anybody currently on the Lakers, which is why him getting away was still a negative.

i can sit back and find shitty calls that have cost the spurs throughout the year. about about game 6 against OKC? what about Fisher's "non-foul" on Brent Barry? if we caught some breaks in one game against phoenix, fuck it i'll take it. but that series was won in 6 regardless. an extra game, who knows who would win game 7? the spurs had already won in phoenix. they could have damn well done it again

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2014, 06:55 PM
lol the deflection from a faggot hiding behind a mav account

Thread
02-08-2014, 06:59 PM
In my lifetime I can vividly remember the '97 Knicks and '07 Suns get their title hopes dashed due to horrible suspensions

Until 6 that was the brightest miracle I ever saw. I was so fucking happy. Like a weight had been lifted from my body. I'd been run outta this house numerous times over that series. To the point I was loitering the gd bar at mall peeking in the outdoor veranda thru the misters at the big screen. The last game I saw Manu, Duncan, and Parker sitting shoulder-to-shoulder-shoulder smiling ear-to-ear, the bar maids confirming the sitch with tears in their eyes. I went right back home, after stopping at Arby's for a Mocha Shake and some Cherry Turnovers.

Good old days.

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2014, 07:04 PM
lol talkin nonsense by deflecting a topic to something aint important...

typical bullshit from wankers who can give shit but cant receive them in return

yeh keep on parroting wankers

Thread
02-08-2014, 07:09 PM
lol talkin nonsense by deflecting a topic to something aint important...

typical bullshit from wankers who can give shit but cant receive them in return

yeh keep on parroting wankers

You're bitter over last June. Your summer regrets are not our debt. Blame yourselves. WTF were you doing sagging into the gd paint? Idiot.

Rogue
02-08-2014, 08:59 PM
it wasn't that Duncan needed help to win, but that his team and teammates all needed his help imho. Basketball is a team sport so no one can win it all by himself but you can never expect a chucker to help his team and make teammates better the way Tim Duncan did, tbh.

kobe4life
02-08-2014, 09:11 PM
it wasn't that Duncan needed help to win, but that his team and teammates all needed his help imho. Basketball is a team sport so no one can win it all by himself but you can never expect a chucker to help his team and make teammates better the way Tim Duncan did, tbh.

Rogue you don't understand that Kobe is god. God automatically makes the players around him better.

Rogue
02-08-2014, 09:20 PM
yet everyone loathed playing with him, for some odd reason...