PDA

View Full Version : OT: Team with brightest futures

Katherine Robinson
02-09-2014, 12:53 PM
With the Lakers, Spurs and Nets with obviously bleak futures, which teams have a bright future? The youthful OKC? Rebuilding Celtics? Surprisingly good Pacers?

Thread
02-09-2014, 12:55 PM
As long as Riley draws breath in South Florida they'll have to be accounted for.

Katherine Robinson
02-09-2014, 01:03 PM
As long as Riley draws breath in South Florida they'll have to be accounted for.

I leave a question mark on that team until Lebron makes his decision.

HarlemHeat37
02-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Teams with future potential rarely live up to the hype in the NBA, tbh..

Katherine Robinson
02-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Teams with future potential rarely live up to the hype in the NBA, tbh..

And which team do you believe has the most likelihood of living up to their future potential? Besides the heat, of course.

Splits
02-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Suns. They get Okafor's awful contract off the books this year and have a buttload of picks thanks to Bitch Kupchak. If they can re-sign Bledsoe, lure a top-tier free agent, and draft well they'll be in the mix in the coming years.

fevertrees
02-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Pelicans could be decent if Monty gets fired after this season

benefactor
02-09-2014, 03:10 PM
OKC and Indy are set to stay near the top for a while, which isn't very good for the league.

Arnold Toht
02-09-2014, 03:21 PM
As long as Duncan stays at 4.

HarlemHeat37
02-09-2014, 03:44 PM
I don't really consider OKC and Indiana to be "future teams", tbh..

Indiana isn't anything special, they are currently benefiting greatly from Miami's fatigue from a 4th attempt for a run to the Finals..George was a top 3 player earlier in the season and has the potential to remain there, but they don't have any other players with star upside, tbh..

OKC has a one-year window to win before Dominos begins to contemplate his future, tbh..if they win this year and Dominos decides to stay, then they are the obvious answer..

Phoenix is a PG-led team, so is Golden State, which will hinder their future title aspirations IMO..

Anthony Davis is already a top 5 player IMO, and he has the potential to be the best in the league, but he plays for an organization with Monty Williams as coach and a franchise that just blew a ton of money on Tyreke Evans:lol..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-09-2014, 04:31 PM

Indiana isn't anything special, they are currently benefiting greatly from Miami's fatigue from a 4th attempt for a run to the Finals..George was a top 3 player earlier in the season and has the potential to remain there, but they don't have any other players with star upside, tbh..

Bad take, per par..

Indiana's dominance has nothing to do with Miami's fatigue, it's due to their extremely well-played defense. Not to mention getting Stephenson to an all-star level and having a great bench in Scola, Granger and CJ Watson....

And idk what you are talking about.. Hibbert still has some upside, as well as Stephenson.

irishock
02-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Indiana's dominance has nothing to do with Miami's fatigue, it's due to their extremely well-played defense. Not to mention getting Stephenson to an all-star level and having a great bench in Scola, Granger and CJ Watson....

Against Eastern Conference offenses, of course.

HarlemHeat37
02-09-2014, 04:37 PM
Indiana being perceived as a contender has everything to do with Miami being on their last legs:lol..the Pacers are a good team in a weak year..they'll give Miami a run because Lebron is the only consistent force on the Heat's roster, but they wouldn't contend in most NBA seasons..

Lance Stephenson is nowhere near an All-Star, he was only considered this season because it's arguably the weakest Eastern All-Star team in NBA history:lol..

Indiana's bench has been statistically below average, despite playing against the weakest regular season conference of our lifetime..

Roy Hibbert is a slow, 28 year old with a weak post game..there's no upside remaining:lmao..

Such a vanilla take..feels like I'm hearing an ESPN take from Jon Barry or Mike Wilbon:lol..

Thread
02-09-2014, 06:15 PM

Arn

DeadlyDynasty
02-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Lakers future is beautiful, tbh...because it's the Lakers. I can weather 3 shitty years (this one included) because I know most of the dead weight salary will be off the books by then and we'll have Jabari Parker and Kevin Love (not to mention other signings) to build around. The future's so bright I gotta wear shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaades

Thread
02-09-2014, 06:45 PM
^& frankly I'm old & sodded enough to weather shitty years until I go on into the dust that is always the end. '10 sated me...I'm full to bursting.

I can enter my house justified.

DeadlyDynasty
02-09-2014, 06:48 PM
I'm sated as well, since our last one was against the Celtics. We've rung more recently than the Spurs, and we'll obviously get our next ring before they do too. Could have been different but Manu had other ideas

Killakobe81
02-09-2014, 06:50 PM

Amen, thread. Guy has built winners everywhere. He loses Lebron he will sell his soul to acquire durant ...

daslicer
02-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Lakers future is beautiful, tbh...because it's the Lakers. I can weather 3 shitty years (this one included) because I know most of the dead weight salary will be off the books by then and we'll have Jabari Parker and Kevin Love (not to mention other signings) to build around. The future's so bright I gotta wear shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaades

It all depends on the summer of 2016 if the Lakers get Durant then things get turned around if they don't they will be garbage for quite long time. Jabari and Love are not superstars you can win a title with. Also factor in the Lakers have crappy ownership who are Knicks West there is a great chance of being shitty for long time.

benefactor
02-09-2014, 08:22 PM
^& frankly I'm old & sodded enough to weather shitty years until I go on into the dust that is always the end. '10 sated me...I'm full to bursting.

I can enter my house justified.
...just as Game 5 sated me. I watched in person in intoxicated bliss and celebrated afterwards until I had nothing left. VBM was there with me and can testify to it's glory.

This is why 6 doesn't bother me. I wouldn't trade that evening for Duncan - 5, Kobe - 5...and I can say that with full confidence and honesty.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Is it just me, or whenever Harlem becomes insecure he starts putting ":lol..." behind everything then uses "vanilla" or "ESPN"

:lmao

Thread
02-09-2014, 08:24 PM
...just as Game 5 sated me. I watched in person in intoxicated bliss and celebrated afterwards until I had nothing left. VBM (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16355) was there with me and can testify to it's glory.

This is why 6 doesn't bother me. I wouldn't trade that evening for Duncan - 5, Kobe - 5...and I can say that with full confidence and honesty.

You are a liar, sir.

ElNono
02-09-2014, 08:28 PM
I'm just hoping Jabari and/or Wiggins develop into good talent, tbh... the league has a massive lack of talent these days. I just can't see the league contracting some teams (which is what they should do, really), so let's just hope the talent pool increases.

Thread
02-09-2014, 08:28 PM
It all depends on the summer of 2016 if the Lakers get Durant then things get turned around if they don't they will be garbage for quite long time. Jabari and Love are not superstars you can win a title with. Also factor in the Lakers have crappy ownership who are Knicks West there is a great chance of being shitty for long time.

Everyone thought we were dead when Magic came down with phlebitis and had to retire. We grabbed some jacks & timbers and started back down. After Kobe was caught jacking off in a movie theatre in Colorado everyone thought we were finished. Uh, uh. Now we're faced with a 50 feet wall of water like in the "Poseidon Adventure."

There's got to be a morning after, if we can just hold on thru the nite.

benefactor
02-09-2014, 08:29 PM
You are a liar, sir.
Nope. I had already accepted long ago that the Spurs were playing above their heads and had gone beyond their ceiling. Anyone who was around me last season can corroborate this. Game 5 was Manu's swan song...and I was glad I was there to see it in person.

DeadlyDynasty
02-09-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm just hoping Jabari and/or Wiggins develop into good talent, tbh... the league has a massive lack of talent these days. I just can't see the league contracting some teams (which is what they should do, really), so let's just hope the talent pool increases.

Spurs will be on that chopping block once TD retires, so you sure about that? Unless of course you think 10-cent tickets is economically viable longterm

Venti Quattro
02-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Has a shot at the LOBT:
Oklahoma City Thunder
Indiana Pacers

Good to watch but will never win the Chip:
LA Clippers (as much I fuckin hate to admit)
Phoenix Suns
Golden St. Warriors
Houston Rockets

Thread
02-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Nope. I had already accepted long ago that the Spurs were playing above their heads and had gone beyond their ceiling. Anyone who was around me last season can corroborate this. Game 5 was Manu's swan song...and I was glad I was there to see it in person.

God you're adorable when you start telling your whoppers.

ElNono
02-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Everyone thought we were dead when Magic came down with phlebitis and had to retire. We grabbed some jacks & timbers and started back down. After Kobe was caught jacking off in a movie theatre in Colorado everyone thought we were finished. Uh, uh. Now we're faced with a 50 feet wall of water like in the "Poseidon Adventure."

There's got to be a morning after, if we can just hold on thru the nite.

You had the GOAT owner back then. He's gone (RIP, tbh). I think the Lakeshow can turn things around, management-wise, with Jeannie at the helm. Her time will eventually come if Fredo doesn't switch gears and smarten up.

Thread
02-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Spurs will be on that chopping block once TD retires, so you sure about that? Unless of course you think 10-cent tickets is economically viable longterm

Unless they pull off a heist. Nothing is beyond the pale. I trust them about as much as I can pick up Jeebs and throw his ass thru a plate glass window at Kresge's.

ElNono
02-09-2014, 08:35 PM

I'd love the Spurs to make it in San Antonio, but I know the odd are stacked against them once TD retires. That said, what's going to keep the Spurs in San Antonio is superb talent. Adding the Kyrie Irvings of the league, which whine and complain while being complete losers is only going to accelerate their departure to Seattle or wherever it is.

spurraider21
02-09-2014, 08:36 PM
its pretty standard for Heat supporters to downplay Indiana, tbh, despite the obvious problems the Pacers have given them in recent years

Venti Quattro
02-09-2014, 08:37 PM
its pretty standard for Heat supporters to downplay Indiana, tbh, despite the obvious problems the Pacers have given them in recent years

Benefit of being champions. You are given the advantage until someone dethrones you. I know, I know it seems unfair but if Manu didn't fuck up Game 6 you would also feel the same way.

Thread
02-09-2014, 08:39 PM
You had the GOAT owner back then. He's gone (RIP, tbh). I think the Lakeshow can turn things around, management-wise, with Jeannie at the helm. Her time will eventually come if Fredo doesn't switch gears and smarten up.

People die. I'm grateful for the 10 under his stewardship. I couldn't see the light after Magic. Nor could I see after Colorado. But, the light shined again. If it doesn't. If the darkness never lifts again I'll have those 10 to see me thru to the end. Nobody can take those away from me. That fact stills my soul.

spurraider21
02-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Benefit of being champions. You are given the advantage until someone dethrones you. I know, I know it seems unfair but if Manu didn't fuck up Game 6 you would also feel the same way.
i'm not suggesting that Indiana is a lock to beat Miami :lol but they're one of the obvious threats. even if the Spurs won, we'd know a healthy OKC, Miami, Indiana would be a threat

Bynumite
02-09-2014, 08:40 PM
Seattle SuperSpurs has a nice ring to it :lol

Thread
02-09-2014, 08:41 PM

Yep, and the Heat would be considered ordinary & under indictment.

21, your people are responsible for the condition you find yourself in. That's a heavy burden, son.

Clipper Nation
Everyone thought we were dead when Magic came down with phlebitis and had to retire. We grabbed some jacks & timbers and started back down. After Kobe was caught jacking off in a movie theatre in Colorado everyone thought we were finished. Uh, uh.
Sorry, Dale, but that was under Jerry & the old CBA.... it's not so simple now...

Venti Quattro
i'm not suggesting that Indiana is a lock to beat Miami :lol but they're one of the obvious threats. even if the Spurs won, we'd know a healthy OKC, Miami, Indiana would be a threat

Indiana, Oklahoma City and Spurs are only direct threats to 3-HEAT. All else are fodder or a hot pile of shit.

DeadlyDynasty
02-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Up until a week ago I had it in my mind that Indiana would beat Miami in 5 when they met, but Indy is susceptible to offensive droughts and I can't fully be confident about them yet. I still think Miami will need good contributions from Beas and Oden to 3-peat, but the Indy series is a toss-up for me right now

ElNono
02-09-2014, 08:43 PM
The CBA will be tilted again if needed... that's a document that changes every X years, and if there's money to be made, it will change. Filling Dr Buss shoes is a different story altogether though.

Killakobe81
02-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Only truly bright futures (short-term) is teams with Lebron and Durant.

ElNono
02-09-2014, 08:44 PM

No more cow poop smell either...

Venti Quattro
02-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Up until a week ago had it in my mind that Indian would beat Miami in 5 when they met, but Indy is susceptible to offensive droughts and I can't fully be confident about them yet. I still think Miami will need good contributions from Beas and Oden to 3-peat, but the Indy series is a toss-up for me right now

I still have Miami in 7 if Greg Oden lives to have two functioning legs in late May. Bynum is a nice addition for Indy but ultimately a wildcard which outcome they're not even sure.

But these DNPs of Wade have to somewhat worry the Heat, and Ray Allen has been pretty atrocious post-6.

DeadlyDynasty
02-09-2014, 08:45 PM

rofl

ElNono
02-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Up until a week ago I had it in my mind that Indiana would beat Miami in 5 when they met, but Indy is susceptible to offensive droughts and I can't fully be confident about them yet. I still think Miami will need good contributions from Beas and Oden to 3-peat, but the Indy series is a toss-up for me right now

All the way to the ECF, the East playoffs are likely going to be an abortion though... there's probably going to be the "Chicago upset win" that gets some buzz going, followed by them bending over per the usual.

Killakobe81
02-09-2014, 08:48 PM
I still have Miami in 7 if Greg Oden lives to have two functioning legs in late May. Bynum is a nice addition for Indy but ultimately a wildcard which outcome they're not even sure.

But these DNPs of Wade have to somewhat worry the Heat, and Ray Allen has been pretty atrocious post-6.

Im with you Miami is STILL the favorite and Ray had some sorry moments BEFORE "6" ...

HI-FI
02-09-2014, 09:05 PM
I'd love the Spurs to make it in San Antonio, but I know the odd are stacked against them once TD retires. That said, what's going to keep the Spurs in San Antonio is superb talent. Adding the Kyrie Irvings of the league, which whine and complain while being complete losers is only going to accelerate their departure to Seattle or wherever it is.
i know deadlydynasty makes wild ass predictions after a drug binge, but you really think Spurs would leave this area? the SA/Austin area is a much better market than OKC. Obviously the league has a hard on for OKC until it makes good on its investment, but I think a Spurs to Seattle would be about the biggest Fuck You in sports history, considering the history here. I know you're worried of a Spurs without Manu, but I think the team will still be competing.

Thread
02-09-2014, 09:07 PM
i know deadlydynasty makes wild ass predictions after a drug binge, but you really think Spurs would leave this area? the SA/Austin area is a much better market than OKC. Obviously the league has a hard on for OKC until it makes good on its investment, but I think a Spurs to Seattle would be about the biggest Fuck You in sports history, considering the history here. I know you're worried of a Spurs without Manu, but I think the team will still be competing.

You'll have make a fantastic coup. Something that isn't even on the radar right now, but, is still in the league. A complete masterstroke.

ElNono
02-09-2014, 09:16 PM

My main concern is the brain trust walking away along with TD or shortly thereafter. All good things come to an end, Pop is getting old, and it's much easier to let mediocrity creep in than maintaining excellence. And the bottom line is that we're going to have to get lucky or be wise and manage to land some top talent. And it's not because of the HEB commercials, it's because if you don't keep fans engaged and proud, everything becomes that much harder. This isn't the 70's anymore, now you have cities really wanting a piece of the pie. The Sonics are a great example. As soon as they tried to play tough ball, they got their team ejected from there, history and fans be damned.

I think the Spurs could make it, but they need to play their cards right. I don't know how long you can sustain a losing product, especially on a state like Texas, with two other teams.

HI-FI
02-09-2014, 09:19 PM
You'll have make a fantastic coup. Something that isn't even on the radar right now, but, is still in the league. A complete masterstroke.
Tbh Thread, there's only so many Lebrons, Duncans, even Kobe's of the world. I don't mind Spurs tanking a bit, but getting the minimal elite talent in this league to come to SA is a long shot. Best course of action is to continue with a system or culture, finding the right pieces at the right prices. Obviously we won't be winning 4 LOBs in less than a decade without a Duncan, but I still think they can put together some well balanced teams.

HI-FI
02-09-2014, 09:29 PM
My main concern is the brain trust walking away along with TD or shortly thereafter. All good things come to an end, Pop is getting old, and it's much easier to let mediocrity creep in than maintaining excellence. And the bottom line is that we're going to have to get lucky or be wise and manage to land some top talent. And it's not because of the HEB commercials, it's because if you don't keep fans engaged and proud, everything becomes that much harder. This isn't the 70's anymore, now you have cities really wanting a piece of the pie. The Sonics are a great example. As soon as they tried to play tough ball, they got their team ejected from there, history and fans be damned.

I think the Spurs could make it, but they need to play their cards right. I don't know how long you can sustain a losing product, especially on a state like Texas, with two other teams.
well in terms of Texas with two other teams, CA has four teams and tbh, Sacramento would be a much smarter move to Seattle than Spurs. Honestly I think it all comes down to the stadium deals. Whatever city is willing to take it in the ass to appeal to the cartel of owners ends up with the team. OKC could be on the chopping block in 20-40 years, technically anyone could if their city raises a fuss over taxes, finances etc....

Sometimes I do wonder or fear if owners try to purposefully move or fuck over their cities, as in Major League, so ultimately I don't trust professional sports. But I think Spurs are a big part of the culture and this market is pretty good for small market purposes.

VBM
02-09-2014, 09:40 PM
...just as Game 5 sated me. I watched in person in intoxicated bliss and celebrated afterwards until I had nothing left. VBM (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16355) was there with me and can testify to it's glory.

Game 5 was probably my third favorite Spurs game attended of all time (behind the Memorial Day Miracle and Duncan hitting that 3 against Phoenix/winning that on-court Whataburger promotion the same day). http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/tocry.png

That said, 6 still burns slow...if only they could've signed some random white point guard to be a designated FT shooter http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/wow.png

daslicer
02-09-2014, 09:43 PM
I don't live in SA but I doubt the spurs move from there. I see places like Salt Lake,Indiana that have kept their teams for over 30 years despite ever winning a title. They don't have the history the spurs have but still are in their cities. Hell my home Charlotte lost the Hornets then got the bobcats a year late. The league has agendas that was shown when they gave Charlotte a team back despite Charlotte not wanting an NBA team back. They got it back mainly due to the influence of the financial sector in the City. With that being said I don't see the league allowing the Spurs to leave SA because it would be a huge black eye on the league and it would send a message to all small market teams fan-bases that no matter what their teams are not safe.

ElNono
02-09-2014, 09:43 PM
well in terms of Texas with two other teams, CA has four teams and tbh, Sacramento would be a much smarter move to Seattle than Spurs. Honestly I think it all comes down to the stadium deals. Whatever city is willing to take it in the ass to appeal to the cartel of owners ends up with the team. OKC could be on the chopping block in 20-40 years, technically anyone could if their city raises a fuss over taxes, finances etc....

Sometimes I do wonder or fear if owners try to purposefully move or fuck over their cities, as in Major League, so ultimately I don't trust professional sports. But I think Spurs are a big part of the culture and this market is pretty good for small market purposes.

I trust this braintrust to make it work. It shouldn't be taken for granted though, since fortunes change very quickly. Look at the Heat before and after Pat Riley. Or even the Lakeshow after GOAT Buss-Jackson. Winning and the culture has to come from the top. And that has to be helped by good talent. God forbid we get a Sterling type that takes 30 years to figure out how to put a competitive team together.

benefactor
02-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Game 5 was probably my third favorite Spurs game attended of all time (behind the Memorial Day Miracle and Duncan hitting that 3 against Phoenix/winning that on-court Whataburger promotion the same day). http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/tocry.png

That said, 6 still burns slow...if only they could've signed some random white point guard to be a designated FT shooter http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/wow.png
I watched that Duncan 3 at home while posting on the Wire. :cry:cry

HI-FI
02-09-2014, 10:05 PM
I trust this braintrust to make it work. It shouldn't be taken for granted though, since fortunes change very quickly. Look at the Heat before and after Pat Riley. Or even the Lakeshow after GOAT Buss-Jackson. Winning and the culture has to come from the top. And that has to be helped by good talent. God forbid we get a Sterling type that takes 30 years to figure out how to put a competitive team together.
agree, especially about it coming from the top. I look no further than the Niners. Dr. York took over, and we lost all purpose, hence the team was pretty bad for almost a decade. Then he finally hands it over to his son Jed, who was really in line to take it over all along just too young, and we end up going to the NFCCG 3 years in a row. Worst aspect of any pro sports league is cities getting fucked over because of terrible ownership, a la Robert Irsay. I'm not sure what the rules are behind the scenes but terrible owners should sell to better ownership before screwing over a city imo. Seems like the NBA did well though on preventing Maloofs from making an even bigger mess.

LkrFan
02-09-2014, 10:09 PM
This. And Boston stays put too.

/ End Thread.

Arnold Toht
02-09-2014, 10:13 PM

Arnold Toht
02-09-2014, 10:13 PM
This. And Boston stays put too.

/ End Thread.

And CN stays at 0.

LkrFan
02-09-2014, 10:23 PM
And CN stays at 0.
:lol

DMC
02-09-2014, 10:49 PM
Big market franchises. It's where talent wants to go and they have the same odds of landing a monster 1st overall pick as anyone else. No need to even discuss the Cinderellas of the league.

Rogue
02-09-2014, 11:06 PM
speaking of teams with brightest futures, I'll always stick with the big-market teams because they always have the money to spend. All they need to do is spend their money wisely and hire a good head coach. Even without drafting any top prospects they may still maintain a playoff-level competence by FA signings (like the Mavs managed to do last summer). Meanwhile, small-market teams have to be extremely prudent with their money and have to count on their draft luck to assemble a talented squad, and if they fail to win any actual honor within the 4-5 year window period, chance is their squad will disband with their top guys flowing to big markets for money & glory (like what's gonna happen to OKC before long)

Rogue
02-09-2014, 11:44 PM
Big market franchises. It's where talent wants to go and they have the same odds of landing a monster 1st overall pick as anyone else. No need to even discuss the Cinderellas of the league.

Great minds think similarly imho. I swear I hadn't read this post of DMC's when I posted mine. People like Rogue and DMC can just always agree on something tacitly, imho.

kobe4life
02-09-2014, 11:45 PM
Lakers will always have a bright future because they put their trust in Kobe who is god. When you have god on your side the future his bright.

Rogue
02-09-2014, 11:57 PM
^ sup m>s? :rolleyes

I have Goddess on my side all the time, does it mean my future is also bright?

kobe4life
02-10-2014, 12:16 AM
^ sup m>s? :rolleyes

I have Goddess on my side all the time, does it mean my future is also bright?

If you believe in Kobe and convert to Koballah I can guarantee you will finally lose your virginity.

Rogue
02-10-2014, 12:26 AM
I'd rather convert to white nationalism, tbh.

Thebesteva
02-10-2014, 02:04 AM
This pretty much sums things up

http://www.damnlol.com/i/68ac29373e209edec2ffd7854649451b.jpg

Splits
02-10-2014, 02:21 AM
Lakers will always have a bright future because they put their trust in Kobe who is god. When you have god on your side the future his bright.

Peter Holt::4

Dr. Buss: Dead

Rogue
02-10-2014, 04:40 AM
If you believe in Kobe and convert to Koballah I can guarantee you will finally lose your virginity.
Lose my virginity, but how? By "raping" a bitch then later jerking off in the bathroom like your god once did in Colorado?

spurraider21
02-10-2014, 04:53 AM
:lmao this is seriously one of my favorite new posters

Rogue
02-10-2014, 05:12 AM
kobe4life has also become a favorite of mine even though he's been active for only 2-3 days by far, but I don't think he's a "new" poster tbh. the account was registered in 2010, I think it must be an old-school ST legend who comes back after a long while of absence (I'm not 100% sure but it's very likely to be my nigga m>s tbh)

DeadlyDynasty
02-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Why you gotta hate on my binges, brah? Coltrane did his best work while binging

HI-FI
02-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Why you gotta hate on my binges, brah? Coltrane did his best work while binging
I don't, and tbh, I hope you don't plan on joining PSH. I just notice you are gone on a lost weekend and then come back full of dour predictions and trolling for Spurs.

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2014, 07:51 PM

OKC has a one-year window to win before Dominos begins to contemplate his future, tbh..if they win this year and Dominos decides to stay, then they are the obvious answer..

Phoenix is a PG-led team, so is Golden State, which will hinder their future title aspirations IMO..

Anthony Davis is already a top 5 player IMO, and he has the potential to be the best in the league, but he plays for an organization with Monty Williams as coach and a franchise that just blew a ton of money on Tyreke Evans:lol..

Bad take, per par..

And idk what you are talking about.. Hibbert still has some upside, as well as Stephenson.

:lol..

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Indiana being perceived as a contender has everything to do with Miami being on their last legs:lol..the Pacers are a good team in a weak year..they'll give Miami a run because Lebron is the only consistent force on the Heat's roster, but they wouldn't contend in most NBA seasons..

Lance Stephenson is nowhere near an All-Star, he was only considered this season because it's arguably the weakest Eastern All-Star team in NBA history:lol..

Indiana's bench has been statistically below average, despite playing against the weakest regular season conference of our lifetime..

Roy Hibbert is a slow, 28 year old with a weak post game..there's no upside remaining:lmao..

Such a vanilla take..feels like I'm hearing an ESPN take from Jon Barry or Mike Wilbon:lol..

:lmao..

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Is it just me, or whenever Harlem becomes insecure he starts putting ":lol..." behind everything then uses "vanilla" or "ESPN"

:lmao

:lmao vanilla, vanilla, tbh..

Clipper Nation
04-06-2014, 07:55 PM
:lmao No Lyfe Catfaggot bringing the bads as always....

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-06-2014, 09:01 PM
My post still wasn't wrong. Indiana didn't dominate because of Miami's fatigue.. They present a lot of problems for Miami.. Notice how even in this slump they still beat Miami. I think the series goes seven games.

Miami has underperformed big time.. so this is a weird and random bump.

TDMVPDPOY
04-06-2014, 09:08 PM
spurs should be locking up kawhi and gettin rid of enrique, u cant have both pies and eat it at the same time

kawhi is too good to be playing with or behind enrique

Clipper Nation
04-06-2014, 09:11 PM
My post still wasn't wrong. Indiana didn't dominate because of Miami's fatigue.. They present a lot of problems for Miami.. Notice how even in this slump they still beat Miami. I think the series goes seven games.

:lol "Extremely well-played defense"
:lol "Stephenson = All-Star"
:lol "Great bench"
:lol "Hibbert still has upside"
:lol Still defending those takes
:lol No Lyfe Faggot

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-06-2014, 09:14 PM
:lol "Extremely well-played defense"
:lol "Stephenson = All-Star"
:lol "Great bench"
:lol "Hibbert still has upside"
:lol Still defending those takes
:lol No Lyfe Faggot

This was before they traded Granger.. I have never liked Turner.. and Stephenson was playing great before the all-star break. Not to mention Hibbert still dominates Miami.

Clipper Nation
04-06-2014, 09:16 PM
This was before they traded Granger.. I have never liked Turner.. and Stephenson was playing great before the all-star break. Not to mention Hibbert still dominates Miami.
Translation: "my post wasn't wrong as long as you ignore all those takes I turned out to be wrong about" :lol

Raven
04-06-2014, 09:24 PM

no jabari, sorry :cry

kobe4life
04-06-2014, 09:30 PM
Great thread here I'am a few months later still spreading the great word of Koballah.

04-06-2014, 10:03 PM

Assuming they make it to the ECf

Kool Bob Love
06-20-2014, 05:58 PM
IWe've rung more recently than the Spurs, and we'll obviously get our next ring before they do too.

Father's Day 2014 happen.

Splits
06-20-2014, 07:29 PM

Oops

dg7md
06-20-2014, 07:32 PM
:lol at the Spurs having a bleak future. Not a chance. While the big 3 are old, we have a lot of great young players with nothing but upside (Green, Kawhi, Patty, Splitter). We also draft very well and by the time the big 3 retires, I bet we'll have replacements ready to go that are at least serviceable to make solid playoff runs.

In addition to our future looking pretty good, I'd say the Wizards, Hawks, Blazers, Cavs, Clippers, Suns, and the Pelicans have pretty great futures in store. On the flipside, I think OKC and Miami have pretty bleak futures considering that they are aging and have many bench and chemistry problems. It's a shame because as a basketball fan I love watching KD and Westbrook, but I don't think they have the right chemistry together and clearly Westbrook is meant to be the first-option on a team and KD is the same: their combination isn't as fluid as the Wade/LeBron pairing.

As for the Pacers, Lakers, and Nets — those teams are done I think. Not that the Nets ever had "it", but I think the Pacers have too many problems and their chemistry seems completely gone. The Lakers might have a good future if they get some draft picks (:lol), but as of now with the Kobe contract, they seem like they will be a meandering team for the nearby future.

The Wizards could be a championship team in the next year or so, they have a great backcourt and are a few pieces away from becoming a staple franchise out in the east.

DMC
06-20-2014, 07:48 PM
Goddamn when are you faggots going to stop bumping old threads? You didn't win shit, you're just sporting the colors. Move on.