PDA

View Full Version : DA in SA????

Kip Fanatic
08-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Let me just say right off the bat that this is just a question. Not something I am suggesting. So as you read this thread be calm and know that I am not pulling for this to happen. Just writing something that isn't impossible, but unlikely.

Word out of Portland is that Derek Anderson will be waived by Portland as soon as today. The likely suitors to acquire his services are said to be the Lakers. Let's say the Spurs don't resign Devin or Evans. If you were GM would you try to bring DA here to replace Devin? Its not like he can cry about money this time around because he would still be getting paid Portland for the next two years. Its not like he is a thug. He has a decent jumper and is capable of putting up big numbers if given the chance. We all know the history with DA and the Spurs that one off-season, but despite that would you try to sign him if you were Spurs GM????

Dre_7
08-03-2005, 01:35 PM
I dont want DA. But I wouldnt be upset if they did sign him. That being said, I dont think they will. Either way, its no big deal to me.

ace3g
08-03-2005, 01:37 PM
well Portland waived him today under the new amnesty clause here is the link

http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/Trail_Blazers_Waive_Trail_Blaz-148107-41.html

samikeyp
08-03-2005, 01:37 PM
:vomit

Kori Ellis
08-03-2005, 01:38 PM
well Portland waived him today under the new amnesty clause here is the link

http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/Trail_Blazers_Waive_Trail_Blaz-148107-41.html

Was he the first player to officially be waived using the Amnesty Rule?

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Fuck him. This is why we don't burn bridges Derek.

ace3g
08-03-2005, 01:42 PM

I think so Kori I havent heard of any other possible amnesty player being waived yet

BigVee
08-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Rather pay Devin Brown

Kip Fanatic
08-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Dang! Portland didn't waste any time.

ChumpDumper
08-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Past issues aside he is exactly the type of guard Pop would want.

If he could stay healthy I wouldn't mind.

SilverPlayer
08-03-2005, 01:45 PM
During the 2004-2005 season Anderson saw action in only eight of the team’s final 42 games due to various injuries, including a sinus ailment, dental problems and back spasms.

I don't know if I can add anything to the above commment. I couldn't do it justice.

CubanMustGo
08-03-2005, 01:45 PM
First time I have ever seen "DNP - Sinus Ailment" listed as a reason to let a player go ...

Kip Fanatic
08-03-2005, 01:46 PM
I'd rahter have Devin too, but you obviously didn't read the thread thoroughly.

ace3g
08-03-2005, 01:47 PM
sinus ailment, dental problems and back spasms.

Sinus ailment=broken nose
dental problems=lost tooth
back spasms=dont need to explain

Kip Fanatic
08-03-2005, 01:48 PM
I honestly think he would be a good "last resort" type of thing if the whole Devin Brown thing doesn't work out. Its not like he doesn't know the system.

Pistons < Spurs
08-03-2005, 01:51 PM

yes:

Portland Trail Blazers guard Derek Anderson will be the first player waived under the NBA's new amnesty clause, NBA front-office sources told Marc Stein.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2123563

Portland Trail Blazers guard Derek Anderson will be the first player waived under the NBA's new amnesty clause, NBA front-office sources said.

The amnesty clause is a one-time exception that allows every team in the league to release one player -- they have until Aug. 15 to do so -- to avoid paying any further luxury tax on the player's contract.

Portland will knock almost $19 million off its luxury tax tally with the move. Anderson had two years left on his contract.

The Blazers, according to sources, also are expected to release guard Nick Van Exel on Wednesday, making Van Exel and Anderson unrestricted free agents. Van Exel's $12.8 million salary for next season was not guaranteed.

Anderson, a big guard in the mode Phil Jackson has always preferred, is expected to draw interest from the Los Angeles Lakers as a potential backcourt partner to Kobe Bryant.

The Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets and Miami Heat are among the playoff contenders expected to pursue Van Exel, a former All-Star who has said in the past that he hopes to finish his career with a team in Texas -- and a team with title aspirations.

GoSpurs21
08-03-2005, 01:52 PM
DA is a cancerous china doll who is way past his prime
besides the Spurs need a young athletic 3 that can learn from Bowen
DA doesnt fit any of that need
just say no

Kip Fanatic
08-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Why not bring in both DA and NVE? They would come cheap and bring in veteranship.

ChumpDumper
08-03-2005, 01:53 PM
So Portland pretty much has nothing to show for those last two trades with the Spurs except a $20 million IOU to DA.

clubalien
08-03-2005, 01:56 PM
everyone is calling it the allan houston rule, but since the bryd expemtion was called that since he was the first to have ti used on him, maybe this shoudl be called the andeerson rule, but then again the reason the rule exsised is to cut allan houston not DA plus the rule isn;.t going to be repeated

Kip Fanatic
08-03-2005, 01:56 PM
That last part about NVE wanting to play for a team in TX is interesting. Houston seems to need a PG. Dallas has a past with him. I wonder if the Spurs would really be interested.

Kori Ellis
08-03-2005, 01:57 PM
The Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets and Miami Heat are among the playoff contenders expected to pursue Van Exel, a former All-Star who has said in the past that he hopes to finish his career with a team in Texas -- and a team with title aspirations.

Van Exel on the cheap is not a bad option for the Spurs bench.

picnroll
08-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Portland Trail Blazers guard Derek Anderson will be the first player waived under the NBA's new amnesty clause, NBA front-office sources said.

Way to go Derek. Quite an accomplishment.

Kip Fanatic
I'd rather have NVE on the floor during the playoffs than Beno and maybe even TP. I remember that one series we played Dallas. He nearly killed us all by himself.

SWC Bonfire
Van Exel on the cheap is not a bad option for the Spurs bench.

Yes, and he wouldn't mind coming off the bench.

The ship has sailed for DA.

clubalien
van ex and finley are some peopel I think shoudl look at

picnroll
08-03-2005, 02:01 PM
If Derek Fischer gets waived that would be a nice pick-up.

Kori Ellis
08-03-2005, 02:02 PM
If Derek gets waived that wopuld be a nice pick-up.

He's been waived.

Dre_7
08-03-2005, 02:03 PM
Few months ago, I would have said NO WAY on NVE, but the more I think about it, the more it doesnt sound like a bad idea. If SA can get him cheap, why not? He would be a great backup for Tony, especaily late in the playoffs!

Rescueone
The Spurs don't need another guard. We're stacked at the guard slot. Let's focus on the long SF.

picnroll
Oops forgot to add Fischer and edited it in.

Spurminator
I'd be surprised if the Nuggets didn't make a run at DA.

ducks
No To Nve

Kori Ellis
08-03-2005, 02:04 PM
No To Nve

Why?

Dre_7
The Spurs don't need another guard. We're stacked at the guard slot. Let's focus on the long SF.

But name a long 3 free agent worth signing? Only one I would want to sign, is Big Dogg.

Kori Ellis

The Spurs only have 10 roster spots filled. So talking about another backup guard is possible, even if they get a long SF.

Kori Ellis
08-03-2005, 02:06 PM
But name a long 3 free agent worth signing?

Here's five pages of options.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22011&highlight=small+forward+options

Dre_7
08-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Here's five pages of options.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22011&highlight=small+forward+options

Yeah, I edited my post to say I would like the Dogg. Not quick enough though. Sorry. :p

Mark in Austin
08-03-2005, 02:07 PM
I hope he goes to Denver, not LA. My money is on him signing with the Lakers, though.

To answer the original question, no I wouldn't sign him if I had the opportunity. It is a moot point though. DA will be looking to get as much of the MLE as possible. No way he signs for the veterans minimum.

Van Exel would be a good pickup - another clutch player who has mellowed his clubhouse antics over the years. But again, I think he'll be looking for more than the veteran's minimum. And that's all I would offer him. I would much rather re-sign Big Dog with what's left of the MLE. If the Spurs were willing to spend the money, I think the perfect conclusion to the offseason would be:

1. Sign Robinson with the rest of the MLE (or as much of it as it would take - maybe 1.5 to 2 million given nobody else seems really interested)
2. Re-sign Brown with early Bird rights (up to 2.5 million or so, with the second a nd third years team options due to health concerns)
3. Sign Van Exel with the veteran's minimum exception. (I think about 1.5 million.)

this would put them a couple million over the tax threshhold though, so I doubt it will happen.

Using Ludden's numbers from yesterday, with the Spurs already at 57 million, you would have

57 million - current committed salaries
2 million - Robinson
2.5 million - Brown
1.5 million - Van Exel

Kori Ellis
08-03-2005, 02:08 PM
2 million - Robinson
2.5 million - Brown

I don't think either one of those will happen. I doubt the Spurs offer Devin more than $1M. And I don't see Robinson being in their plans, unless a lot of other options fall through.

ducks
08-03-2005, 02:10 PM
nve seems to me like a cancer
not sure how tp would feel
nve could play some 2 and let tp run the point

tp did not want kidd so we shall see

Kori Ellis
08-03-2005, 02:13 PM

TP wouldn't be threaten by him. NVE isn't in any position to compete for starter's minutes.

Dre_7

But Kidd would have been starting. NVE will come off the bench. Totally different situations.

Mark in Austin
neither do I, Kori. As an armchair GM, it 's just what I would do if I was in RC's shoes right now. But it is becoming increasingly apparent to me that Big Dog won't be brought back. As for Brown, I would reward him with a raise based on his contributions last year; but I agree that the Spurs probably won't go that high for him.

Mark in Austin
08-03-2005, 02:18 PM
By the way, just doing some quick math: Based on the new provision that evey team gets a share of the tax distribution, each team's tax share of taxes paid for the upcoming season's salaries just went down by about $315,000.00 with Anderson's salary being given amnesty.

SWC Bonfire
08-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Oops, I need to work on my reeding comprehenshun.

Kori Ellis
08-03-2005, 02:24 PM
When I said he's been waived, I was talking about Anderson... he edited his posts and added Fisher.

Kori Ellis
08-03-2005, 02:27 PM
They have officially cut Van Exel.

PORTLAND, OR – The Portland Trail Blazers announced Wednesday that the club has waived Guard Nick Van Exel, choosing not to retain him for the last non-guaranteed year of Van Exel’s contract.

"We appreciate Nick’s contribution to the team and the leadership he displayed while on our roster," said Trail Blazers General Manager John Nash. "We wish him well in the future."

Van Exel, a twelve-year NBA veteran, played in 53 games including 39 starts last season for the Trail Blazers. Van Exel averaged 10.7 points, three rebound, and 4.3 assists per game before experiencing pain in an arthritic left knee on March 4, 2005, which led him to the injured list March 12, 2005 for the remainder of the season.

"I appreciate the Trail Blazers being able to accommodate my desire to move on," said Van Exel. "I would like to thank Portland’s great fans for all their support."

The 34-year-old Van Exel was acquired by Portland in a trade with the Golden State Warriors that sent Forward Dale Davis and Guard Dan Dickau to Golden State July 20, 2004.

Van Exel has played for five NBA teams in his professional career including the Los Angeles Lakers, Denver Nuggets, Dallas Mavericks, Golden State Warriors, and Portland Trail Blazers.

In 821 career games Van Exel averaged 15 points, 6.9 assists, and three rebounds in 34.1 minutes per game.

Kip Fanatic
08-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Spurs need to jump on that.

picnroll
08-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Looks like Devin Brown will be visiting Portland.

Kip Fanatic
08-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Devin would fit right in with Portland. Nate would like him.

spurster
08-03-2005, 02:35 PM
NVE or Derek would be good vet PGs to have around when Beno gets spooked.

DA has not come close to his former level of play with the Spurs for a long time now. But for the min, maybe. I'd prefer swingmen who could play defense though. It's part of why I don't understand why the Spurs are playing cheap with Devin.

beirmeistr
08-03-2005, 02:36 PM
DA had had a herniated disk in the past, apparently. If both he and Van Exel were available for the vet minimum, I would jump on Van Exel. He has Horry-like qualities during pressure time.

Kip Fanatic
08-03-2005, 02:40 PM
I honestly feel that NVE will come to SA. Something inside tells me that. I am not Miss Cleo or anything, but for some reason I see Pop and RC going after him.

beirmeistr
08-03-2005, 02:42 PM
I honestly feel that NVE will come to SA. Something inside tells me that. I am not Miss Cleo or anything, but for some reason I see Pop and RC going after him.
He may have a burning desire for a ring.

Kip Fanatic
08-03-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm sure he does. He got close with Dallas. Wait...no he didn't. The Spurs spanked it.

2centsworth
08-03-2005, 03:14 PM
there is no way Nick the quick is coming to SA. Spurs want defense and Nick has yet to play D. Plus, the spurs want team players and Nick is far from being a team player.

He's explosive but I would be shocked if the spurs picked him up.

DA is coming if he was the only player left and the spurs needed to fill a spot, and even then I still think they go with Deion Glover.

The only guys IMO i think the spurs are interested in are Finley and Houston (if he can still play).

ChumpDumper
08-03-2005, 03:16 PM
defense
Houston?

2centsworth
08-03-2005, 03:20 PM
He played enough under Riley and Van Gundy. He's a lot better defender than you think, plus he shoots lights out. Plus, he's the son of a coach and plays team ball.

ChumpDumper
08-03-2005, 03:24 PM
He's a lot better defender than you thinkLook, I like the guy but there's no way you can convince me he's even close to a good defender, especially now after all the injuries.

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Nick the Quick lives in Houston in the offseason and I see him signing with Houston. The Rockets are looking for temporary help until they have a little more cap flexibilty but in the meantime they actually have playing time to offer him. The allure of playing where you live and a chance to compete for a ring I see him going to Houston. I like the the thought of Finley and Allan H but if I had to bet the only of the two that would consider coming here is Houston. If I remember correctly there was at least some talk of Pop wanting to trade for him when he was still healthy sometime back. I see Finley heading to Phoenix.. with the Rockets a distant second choice..is this v-bookie material?

Dre_7
08-03-2005, 03:34 PM
I would rather have Finley or NVE before Houston.

2centsworth
08-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Look, I like the guy but there's no way you can convince me he's even close to a good defender, especially now after all the injuries.With the injuries you're right. However, before the injuries he was pretty good. Like Pop, in Van Gundy's and Riley's system you don't play if you don't play D. His D is sometimes overlooked because he is a fantastic shooter.

2centsworth
08-03-2005, 03:45 PM
I would rather have Finley or NVE before Houston.
NVE is a joke. The lollipop in your mouth during interviews won't fly in SA.

bigbendbruisebrother
08-03-2005, 03:58 PM
An unhealthy Devin Brown > an unhealthy Derek Anderson.

If those are our options, keep Devin.

ducks
08-03-2005, 03:59 PM
devin wants minutes why would he sign with sa?

Taco
08-03-2005, 04:04 PM
DA to SA

Nah
Nope
No
HELL NO

Hey DA aint Loyalty's a Bitch !!!!

baseline bum
08-03-2005, 05:06 PM
My favroite part of that DA article (http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/Trail_Blazers_Waive_Trail_Blaz-148107-41.html) from the blazers site is the link to buy his jersey at the Trail Blazers Shop. :lmao

CaptainLate
08-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Dang! Portland didn't waste any time.

34 yr old Nick Van Exel was waived, too.

CaptainLate
08-03-2005, 05:10 PM
there is no way Nick the quick is coming to SA. Spurs want defense and Nick has yet to play D. Plus, the spurs want team players and Nick is far from being a team player.

Sounds like the stuff they were saying about Big Dog. Anyone who is willing can play D in the Spurs system. Does NVE want a ring or not?

CaptainLate
08-03-2005, 05:12 PM
Nick the Quick lives in Houston in the offseason and I see him signing with Houston. The Rockets are looking for temporary help until they have a little more cap flexibilty but in the meantime they actually have playing time to offer him. The allure of playing where you live and a chance to compete for a ring I see him going to Houston.

To hell with "competing" for a ring. If that were the case the Mailman and Glove would have signed with Houston. You want to WIN the damn Bling-Bling.

samikeyp
08-03-2005, 05:17 PM
personally I don't want Derek "loyalty" Anderson or Tweety Van Exel here. just my .02

Horry For 3!
08-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Derek Anderson who? Oh yeah. You never hear anything about this guy anymore because he SUCKS.

CaptainLate
08-03-2005, 05:25 PM
neither do I, Kori. As an armchair GM, it 's just what I would do if I was in RC's shoes right now. But it is becoming increasingly apparent to me that Big Dog won't be brought back. As for Brown, I would reward him with a raise based on his contributions last year; but I agree that the Spurs probably won't go that high for him.

If DB is smart, then like Stephen Jackson did with Atlanta, he signs a 1-year with the Spurs to prove to everyone his back is okay. If it works out then he becomes an unrestricted FA next year to get the big bux next year.

But, too many of these idiots listen to their greedy agents, so I expect DBrown to be history -- at which time he will be dead to me.

Taking it to the Hole
08-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Nick Van Exel still has some game left in him, so does Finley. DA is finished. I kinda like the idea of bringing Derek Fisher in here. Why wouldn't you want him on your team? I think the Spurs should get all the players they can that beat them in big games in the playoffs. :lol No seriously, Fish could be a great weapon for us. He will provide steady point guard play, decent D, and he can hit the 3. I think we need some guys that can come in and provide veteran leadership, yet be able to contribute. Guys like Danny Ferry, Tony Massenburg, & Kevin Willis. I think that NVE will come cheaper though and provides basically what you would get from Fisher, but I hope the Spurs try to make a decent run at Fisher.

Ocotillo
08-03-2005, 05:48 PM
USA Today article from 2001 (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nba/stories/2001-07-25-blazers-spurs-trade.htm)

Remember this?

"My loyalty is with the people who are going to be loyal to me," Anderson said during a news conference at the Rose Garden.

Looks like Porty busted a cap in you today DA. So much for loyalty. :lol

Rescueone
08-03-2005, 06:16 PM
But name a long 3 free agent worth signing? Only one I would want to sign, is Big Dogg.

How about Radmanovic from Seattle?

Money316
08-03-2005, 06:18 PM
van ex and finley are some peopel I think shoudl look at

Damn! Never seen a shorter take with as many errors as your post. Grammar Up Dude!
:fro :fro :fro

texbumTHElife
08-03-2005, 06:32 PM
I would take DA in a heart beat. if Pop can get him halfway back (like he did with Big Dog) and we can get him for cheap he is more than worth the investment. His defense is acceptable and he is instant offense when Tony dissapears, they double Tim and Manu needs a rest. Then again, thats what Brent Barry is supposed to be here for too....

I still say the Spurs need to find a way to swing Radmonovich this way. Only problem with that is the same prob in Seattle, he wants to be a starter. So there isnt much chance of that happening.

samikeyp
08-03-2005, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't mind Radmanovich but Anderson can go to hell, IMO.

Mr. Body
08-03-2005, 07:56 PM
I find it hard to believe anyone would want Derek Anderson back. The guy is horrible, not even the Blazers want any part of him. I remember way back after his contract season for the Clippers we were tremendously excited to pick him up. Shooting guard of the future (little did we know the SG of the future we already drafted). After that we had to go with Steve Smith. Man those were the lean years.

DA shoots a lousy percentage, and then he shoots even worse in clutch time. He was absolutely horrific in the playoffs before Juwon Howard popped his shoulder out of joint. SERIOUSLY, NO!

I'm happy in my knowledge the SA FO wouldn't consider this even for a second.

blaze89
08-04-2005, 12:00 AM
No to Anderson, he had his chance to be here and he blew it. I like the idea of Van Exel coming to Spurs, sounds intriguing.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-04-2005, 12:11 AM
DA is a has been and a never will be.

It's all about loyalty, remember? Well he wasn't loyal to SA, so fuck him.

T Park
08-04-2005, 12:17 AM
Here in LA, they are talking about signing him and playing him at point guard.

Mychael Thompson kept reffering to him as a PG.

But LA thinks he automatically wants to just come to there and play.

Of course the other intelligent thing was.

"Start Anderson and let Lamar be the point, you dont need a point guard in the Triangle"

Mr. Body
08-04-2005, 12:19 AM
God, LA's welcome to him. Guy couldn't guard Kobe to save his life, makes sense to stick the chump next to him.

Spursman
08-04-2005, 05:56 AM
Portland's D.A. could go to L.A.

Sources say Anderson is candidate to sign with Lakers.

By Ross Siler
Staff writer

Portland Trail Blazers guard Derek Anderson, a likely casualty of the NBA's luxury-tax amnesty provision, has emerged as a leading free-agent candidate to sign with the Lakers, sources said Tuesday.
Anderson, who is under contract to Portland for two more years and $18.8 million, could be released as early as today. The deadline for a team to take advantage of the provision, part of the league's new collective bargaining agreement, is Aug. 15.

With the NBA's moratorium period ending Tuesday morning, the Lakers also officially acquired Kwame Brown in a sign-and-trade with Washington. Brown, the former No. 1 overall pick in 2001, will return to face the Wizards on Dec. 26.

The Lakers additionally signed guard Smush Parker, who will get the chance to make the team out of training camp, and watched as Shaquille O'Neal agreed to a five-year, $100 million extension with the Miami Heat.

O'Neal opted out of the final year of his contract with Miami, worth more than $30 million. His extension is two years longer than what Lakers owner Jerry Buss said last November he offered O'Neal, at a total value of about $20 million more.

But O'Neal will be making an average of $6.8 million less the next three seasons than he would have by taking the Lakers' offer.

After sending Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins to Washington in exchange for Brown and Laron Profit, the Lakers are left with one point guard on the roster in Sasha Vujacic, their first-round pick in 2004. Atkins started all 82 games at the position last season.

The situation is not desperate, however, with Lamar Odom expected to play more frequently in the backcourt this season. But Anderson, an eight-year veteran, would fit the bill for what the Lakers are seeking

Anderson has the size (6-foot-5, 195 pounds) and ability to play both guard positions, but he has played only 98 games combined the past two seasons while battling back and knee injuries. He averaged 9.2 points and three assists in 47 games for Portland last season.

Anderson and the Lakers are said to have mutual interest. The Lakers still have their $5 million mid-level salary cap exception to spend on a free agent.

The amnesty provision gives teams the one-time opportunity to release a player and avoid paying the dollar-for-dollar luxury tax penalty against his salary. After signing Juan Dixon from Washington, Portland is expected to waive Anderson.

The player would receive his full salary from his former team and be immediately eligible to sign a new contract with another team. The Lakers are considering taking advantage of the provision to waive Brian Grant and save as much as $30 million.

Parker, meanwhile, was signed after a strong showing with the Lakers' summer-league team. He averaged 10.9 points and 4.3 assists and impressed general manager Mitch Kupchak with his ability to run the offense.

He played 66 games for Cleveland as a rookie, then went to Greece before making the Pistons out of training camp last season. After being released by Detroit, Parker played briefly for Phoenix before finishing the year in the NBA's developmental league.

Perhaps most significantly, the Lakers also have maintained their salary-cap flexibility for future summers. They are projected to have the ability to offer a maximum free-agent contract, beginning at about as $14 million per season, in the summer of 2007.

The 2007 free-agent class could include All-Stars from Yao Ming and Amare Stoudemire to Dirk Nowitzki and Vince Carter. Even if they were to bring back Brown, the Lakers still could have some $7.5 million left to spend on free agents.

"One of the things we thought about going forward a year ago was cap flexibility," Kupchak said. "We're very aware of the flexibility we could have at the end of that year (2007) and the year after that."

Also, second-round draft pick Ronny Turiaf was released Tuesday from Stanford University Medical Center, one week after undergoing open-heart surgery. Turiaf will recuperate in Spokane, Wash., where he played college basketball at Gonzaga.

http://www.presstelegram.com/Stories/0,1413,204~28780~2992555,00.html (Link)

I think with his injuries we could certainly do better. Considering how he left I don't see the Spurs making any kind of move for him.

Taco
08-04-2005, 07:51 AM
I wouldn't mind Radmanovich ...

Yea that Billy guy from Six Feet Under can shoot the tre !!!!

wildbill2u
08-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Let me just say right off the bat that this is just a question. Not something I am suggesting. So as you read this thread be calm and know that I am not pulling for this to happen. Just writing something that isn't impossible, but unlikely.

Word out of Portland is that Derek Anderson will be waived by Portland as soon as today.

If the jailblazers can't use him or trade him and waive him, why in the world would he be of any use to us?

ChumpDumper
08-04-2005, 10:31 AM
If the jailblazers can't use him or trade him and waive him, why in the world would he be of any use to us?They could use him, just like the Mavs could use Finley -- just not at the money they are currently getting.

samikeyp
08-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Mychael Thompson kept reffering to him as a PG

well, DA and him are meant for each other...Thompson pulled similar crap when he left SA.

TDMVPDPOY
08-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Bring in houston so he can camped on the other corner while bowen is on the other :D
Houston can bring what barry brought to the team is more outside shooting even though their defence is not what it use to be.

Kip Fanatic
08-04-2005, 12:31 PM
It would be great if the Spurs were to bring in NVE and Michael Finley. They would be great off the bench. Would it all work though? Would everyone be pleased with the minutes they got in a game?

samikeyp
08-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Finley yes...Black Tweety, no.