PDA

View Full Version : NBA: 7'1" High School Sophomore Phenom

BatManu20
02-09-2014, 06:07 PM
1st overall pick in 2018 Draft tbh. Handles & jump shot of a guard. #1 player in Class of 2016 HS rankings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BDZaJFd4aSk#t=26

RD2191
02-09-2014, 06:09 PM
He looks like an urban thug. I say that for no other reason than because he's black.

Spur-Addict
02-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Well then...

DMC
02-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Dude's got money in his future.

Bulaien999
02-09-2014, 06:44 PM
What position would he play? Too skinny to be center. Point forward???

DPG21920
02-09-2014, 06:45 PM
He's a little more rigid than I would like to see in terms of athleticism. Obviously talented for his size, but he doesn't appear to be the type of athlete from that video that will just blow up.

Katherine Robinson
02-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Very good mobility for his size. That being said, there's a 7 foot something high school prodigy every year.

Bynumite
02-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Guard moves on a 7 footer, kid definitely has the potential to be something special.

adonis827
02-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Those skinny legs- if he will not bulk it up- looks like an Anderson Silva or Kevin Ware to happen.

HarlemHeat37
02-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Guard moves on a 7 footer, kid definitely has the potential to be something special.

:lol what an original take, tbh..

benefactor
02-09-2014, 09:54 PM
It will all depend on how he fills into his frame. I'd say somewhere between a taller Durant and a Black Dirk.

UZER
02-09-2014, 10:13 PM
People forget how skinny Shaq was in hs.

edit: not that this dude is Shaq...just saying

Roger Freemason Jr.
02-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Hasheem Tabeet 2.0, tbh.

BatManu20
02-10-2014, 02:52 AM
Hasheem Tabeet 2.0, tbh.

This kid is already better than Thabeet is now imo.

KL2
02-10-2014, 03:49 AM
He's the black Ryan Richards.

99 Problems
02-10-2014, 04:07 AM
Big Australian kid.

Prime Time
02-10-2014, 04:54 AM
Well considering this kid was born the same year Tim Duncan was drafted, I wouldn't expect him to be jacked.

Rogue
02-10-2014, 04:57 AM
nigga is still a high school kid don't forget, most high school athletes look super skinny imho. Even Lebron was rather thin when he first joined the league. Unibrow is still light like a pelican after being in the league for more than one year, yet he's undoubtedly established himself as a superstar already.

Prime Time
02-10-2014, 05:00 AM
The guy's a sophomore. He's playing against 15yr olds, Just look at the players around him - they all look like children. Way too early to be saying he's a first overall pick.

Plus is it just me, or does he have some tiny hands? Small hands is one of the worst things a big-man can have. The PF/C positions in the NBA involve lots of tricky passes/catches and tough as hell rebounding. He's a terrific talent for his age, sure. But way to early to be blowing any wads

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 05:17 AM
He looks like an urban thug. I say that for no other reason than because he's black.

He looks ethiopian to me not sierra leone ie he doesn't look american at all. I am guessing all black people look the same to you.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 05:20 AM
He's a little more rigid than I would like to see in terms of athleticism. Obviously talented for his size, but he doesn't appear to be the type of athlete from that video that will just blow up.

It's post like these that make me doubt your acumen. He is 7'1" with long legs. He is able to sink his hips and bend his legs exceptionally well but there are just realities that a 7'1" high cut man has to deal with. He moves like Kevin Garnett to me.

TheRealCB
02-10-2014, 09:49 AM
He needs to bulk up quite a bit and get some post moves,or his other choise is going the Durant/Dirk way which is WAY more difficult.

BUMP
02-10-2014, 10:11 AM
:lol @ everyone saying he needs to bulk up. He obviously will at some point, he's only in 10th grade.

My main concern with him is that he'll go down the road of all the other 7 foot high school busts which is by trying to develop an "all around game" instead of just specializing in the mid-range/post area. That's what all these AAU playas try and do, try and develop an unnecessary nigtastic perimeter game which means less time working in the post. I remember Jeremy Tyler highlight tapes of him doing some cool moves on the perimeter and hitting threes against kids 6 inches shorter than him and doing some sweet windmills in warmups. Turns out that didn't work out too well for him.

And also, :lol at these high school tapes having any credibility. Who can say for certain he's not a .20 3 pt FG% shooter if all they're showing is his makes?

Technique
02-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Hasheem Thabeet

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2014, 11:31 AM
:lol @ everyone saying he needs to bulk up. He obviously will at some point, he's only in 10th grade.

My main concern with him is that he'll go down the road of all the other 7 foot high school busts which is by trying to develop an "all around game" instead of just specializing in the mid-range/post area. That's what all these AAU playas try and do, try and develop an unnecessary nigtastic perimeter game which means less time working in the post. I remember Jeremy Tyler highlight tapes of him doing some cool moves on the perimeter and hitting threes against kids 6 inches shorter than him and doing some sweet windmills in warmups. Turns out that didn't work out too well for him.

And also, :lol at these high school tapes having any credibility. Who can say for certain he's not a .20 3 pt FG% shooter if all they're showing is his makes?

Great post, tbh..

I. Hustle
02-10-2014, 11:44 AM

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/High-School-Shaq-628x352.jpg

InRareForm
02-10-2014, 11:53 AM
lol @ People saying he needs to bulk up.

JMarkJohns
02-10-2014, 11:59 AM
He's a sophomore, but is much older than his 2016 contemporaries.

By year's end I think he'll be close to 18. EDIT: turns 17 on the 25.

Still a quality prospect for the draft, but he is absolutely rigid laterally, and while he may be quick for his size, the lack of lateral fluidity will limit overall ceiling, especially in the perimeter at the NBA level.

Captivus
02-10-2014, 12:12 PM
Did Thabeet scored from mid a long range in HS?
The video shows many long jumpers, even a stepback 3 pointer (IIRC...dont want to watch again).

JMarkJohns
02-10-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm employed by a premium recruiting website to admin and moderate their forums.

Scouts take:

1. Not nearly fluid enough to dribble in traffic/halfcourt.
2. Solid shooter with range, but a very small aspect of his game.
3. Post all the way beyond high school.
4. Good, not great athlete.
5. Projects to be a top-5 player in his class once current 15/16-yo sophomores develop more.

Not a lock to ever play college. May go prep school. Isn't a lock to be top pick in 2017.

Bulaien999
02-10-2014, 12:24 PM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/High-School-Shaq-628x352.jpg

I just don't see his frame taking on lots of weight.not a fair comparison.

FkLA
02-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Lamar Odom tbh. NBA player for sure.

TheRealCB
02-10-2014, 01:29 PM

This,tbh..

If you are a 7 foot prospect you need A) to get a post game and a solid 15ft range shot or B)weight training to become Deandre-like AND a solid 15ft shot (at least for free throws).

Arcadian
02-10-2014, 02:19 PM
But can he post up?

DMC
02-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Some college will snatch his ass right up. From there he can develop a game. He's got good building blocks, doesn't shoot like Camby but I'd like to see him on defense against players closer to his size.

I'm thinking he goes to Duke.

spurraider21
02-10-2014, 03:52 PM
:lol anthony randolph

but seriously, people who are saying he's too skinny are awfully slow. he's in 10th grade and you are writing him off because he doesn't have Andre Drummond girth? relax. look at how much bigger Anthony Davis has gotten since his 1 year in school

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 04:28 PM
It's post like these that make me doubt your acumen. He is 7'1" with long legs. He is able to sink his hips and bend his legs exceptionally well but there are just realities that a 7'1" high cut man has to deal with. He moves like Kevin Garnett to me.

:lmao FuzzyLumpkins. Most of your posts are vanilla unfortunately and if you disagree with me it only means I am on the right track. Have fun watching the YouTube highlights and seeing only the good (which is tough to do in highlight videos against people who play probably about as good as you do).

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2014, 04:30 PM
:lmao FuzzyLumpkins. Most of your posts are vanilla unfortunately and if you disagree with me it only means I am on the right track. Have fun watching the YouTube highlights and seeing only the good (which is tough to do in highlight videos against people who play probably about as good as you do).

:lmao BANG BANG..

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 04:31 PM
He obviously has nice skills and size. But from that video, as I said, the thing that alarms me is his movements aren't fluid. He could be just coming into his body after having immense growth at an early age, but he wasn't exactly blowing by the 5'8 white guys he was playing against. In the NBA lateral quickness is key. Straight line athleticism is important, but lateral quickness is critical usually if you want to be a star (unless you are a guy like Duncan with off the charts skill and all around game).

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Some college will snatch his ass right up. From there he can develop a game. He's got good building blocks, doesn't shoot like Camby but I'd like to see him on defense against players closer to his size.

I'm thinking he goes to Duke.

They should snatch him up. At the college level he's obviously a worth while player from that video. How much he develops and if he can be a pro is a different story.

Clipper Nation
02-10-2014, 04:35 PM

Problem is, not a lot of players truly "develop a game" in college anymore since they only stay for a year, and it's not like he's going to develop in AAU, which is just full of enablers, tbh.... predictably, though, the vanilla-takes crowd will be ripping him to shreds in the NBA when he doesn't have an elite post game immediately without realizing that nobody's teaching the fundamentals at the lower levels anymore....

DMC
02-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Problem is, not a lot of players truly "develop a game" in college anymore since they only stay for a year, and it's not like he's going to develop in AAU, which is just full of enablers, tbh.... predictably, though, the vanilla-takes crowd will be ripping him to shreds in the NBA when he doesn't have an elite post game immediately without realizing that nobody's teaching the fundamentals at the lower levels anymore....

If he only stays one year, he's developed it enough already. It's not crucial that he play 4 years for free so some big university can make millions off of him. Any draft signing in the NBA beats the shit out of any college he could attend.

baseline bum
02-10-2014, 05:04 PM
It will all depend on how he fills into his frame. I'd say somewhere between a taller Durant and a Black Dirk.

Why does every HS prospect get compared to Durant? You're my nigga ben, but shit's ridiculous. I remember when Quincy Miller was supposed to be the next Durant. And then before Durant everyone was the next Garnett. Like Kwame Brown and Tyson Chandler. :lol

baseline bum
02-10-2014, 05:06 PM

sS-N49j5Oos

JMarkJohns
02-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Again... Grade is sophomore, age is nearer that of a senior.

He's closer to maxed out physically than not.

He doesn't have the athleticism or fluidity of movement to handle too much more weight.

He's not Durant. He's not even Davis.

He'll need to develop his true post game to maximize once he starts playing against players his age and physical stature.

spurraider21
02-10-2014, 05:27 PM
he's 16 years old for fucks sake. he will have plenty of time to bulk up tbh

ThaBigFundamental21
02-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Again... Grade is sophomore, age is nearer that of a senior.

He's closer to maxed out physically than not.

He doesn't have the athleticism or fluidity of movement to handle too much more weight.

He's not Durant. He's not even Davis.

He'll need to develop his true post game to maximize once he starts playing against players his age and physical stature.

LMAO. "Closer to maxed out physically than not." You have to be fuckin kidding me if you really believe that.

JMarkJohns
02-10-2014, 05:33 PM
he's 16 years old for fucks sake. he will have plenty of time to bulk up tbh

He's 2 weeks from 17. He's a year old for his class.

Additionally, his frame and fluidity of motion can't handle too much more weight before it makes his motion very awkward.

Again, I've talked to scouts who've seen him play and develop for years, not just a 2minute highlight reel.

JMarkJohns
02-10-2014, 05:37 PM
LMAO. "Closer to maxed out physically than not." You have to be fuckin kidding me if you really believe that.

He's 17, which is on the high end of high school ages, and he's 7-1 with a narrow frame.

He can probably handle another 35-40 pounds before it affects quickness, lateral mobility, jumping, and 7-1, 235 is still considered undersized.

Growing taller might actually stunt his ceiling.

He does not have a Drummond or Hibbert frame.

ThaBigFundamental21
02-10-2014, 05:48 PM
He's 17, which is on the high end of high school ages, and he's 7-1 with a narrow frame.

He can probably handle another 35-40 pounds before it affects quickness, lateral mobility, jumping, and 7-1, 235 is still considered undersized.

Growing taller might actually stunt his ceiling.

He does not have a Drummond or Hibbert frame.

I get what you are saying. But he is nowhere near physically maxed out. Remember KG when he came into the league? Anorexic. He is still thin, but he is solidly built for his size. I don't see why this guy can't turn his physique into something of Garnett's nature. Or even Durant's. He doesn't have to be huge, just not as thin as he is now.

spurraider21
02-10-2014, 06:04 PM
He's 2 weeks from 17. He's a year old for his class.

Additionally, his frame and fluidity of motion can't handle too much more weight before it makes his motion very awkward.

Again, I've talked to scouts who've seen him play and develop for years, not just a 2minute highlight reel.
i'm not speaking of his development as a player or how good his game will translate. i'm talking about his frame/bulk

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 06:42 PM
Here is KG's high school video. If you think OP's movements/agility look similar, I don't know what to tell you tbh..I'm not saying OP sucks - I'm saying something negative that stood out from that video.

FFCPoWDvYgY

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 07:02 PM

bunch of claptrap that says almost nothing. talk about what you see on the video instead of how I make you feel okay, Patrice?

There are several clips where you can see him running the floor. There are several clips where you can see his jumping. There are several clips in his ballhandling stuff where you can see his bend at the knees and hips. After the video they embedded more videos of his doing drills. we are talking about fluidity and not evaluating his defensive prowess. There is more than enough footage of him moving to make a decent assessment. How long do combine drills take, chachi?

You don't even defend your original statement. You backtrack and claim that it is hard to see. That is more telling than silly posturing about being on the 'right track.'

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Lol wut

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Here is KG's high school video. If you think OP's movements/agility look similar, I don't know what to tell you tbh..I'm not saying OP sucks - I'm saying something negative that stood out from that video.

FFCPoWDvYgY

You don't even know how to put what you see into words outside of emotional quips.

Yup much like I thought. Garnett is a better leaper but the kid in the OP has better bend.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Lol wut

You certainly lack articulation. If you go back to emotional responses like the last with nothing of substance then I am going to ignore it this time. You can and HH can circle jerk unfettered.

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 07:15 PM
I talk to you like I would a child. I would only explain things to you like I would a child. I told you the concern I had based on the video. It was very specific. You disagreed while throwing in a generic vanilla bean insult & I laughed at you because you're silly tbh...

I didn't realize you were remotely serious. If you watch the OP vid & KG vid and think they move the same, again there is nothing I can say at this point. There's no argument to be had.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 07:29 PM
I talk to you like I would a child. I would only explain things to you like I would a child. I told you the concern I had based on the video. It was very specific. You disagreed while throwing in a generic vanilla bean insult & I laughed at you because you're silly tbh...

I didn't realize you were remotely serious. If you watch the OP vid & KG vid and think they move the same, again there is nothing I can say at this point. There's no argument to be had.

you talk to children like that? What an asshole.

In the OP they do a bit on ballhandling where you can see him run the floor and bend and move as he crosses people over. he has good natural bend. he doesn't struggle to get low so he can move side to side like a whole lot of big guys like that do struggle.

I am now repeating stuff you do not refute because you lack capacity. You are like arguing with a child.

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 07:32 PM
I can tell you're highly thought of. Both on here & in real life.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 07:39 PM
I can tell you're highly thought of. Both on here & in real life.

:lol This read to me as coming out with a choking sob.

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 07:41 PM
You certainly lack articulation. If you go back to emotional responses like the last with nothing of substance then I am going to ignore it this time. You can and HH can circle jerk unfettered.

:lol This read to me as coming out with a choking sob.

:lmao GOAT

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 07:44 PM
:lmao GOAT

But you did come back with something. The first paragraph was digs but you did make qualitative statements about the prospect. So I responded.

And you did have me laughing. So I posted that. I mean you are calling me a child and then respond with petulant shit like that. I got you in a tizzy though. tee, hee . . .

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 07:46 PM
At the end of the day you have yet to articulate anything really meaningful beyond "I don't know what to tell you" as for the discussion at hand.

Nice work, DPG. I can see why HH sees you as a top poster.

JMarkJohns
People misunderstand. Theoretically Durant is nowhere near maxed out, but he's 95% a finished physical product due to frame. Thon is similar. He isn't just skinny, he's thin. His frame isn't going to support an ideal weight/strength gain up to 7-1, 250+ for a big without draftically affecting his athletici, fluidity and range of motion, quickness, etc.

He's far likelier to max out at 7-1, 225 than 7-1, 250, and being that he's 7-1, 200 already, scouts are concerned his age and frame suggest he's near his physical max.

Have to see...

DPG21920
You are the human equivalent of a saltine cracker minus the salt. No flavor - just plain.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 07:47 PM
You are the human equivalent of a saltine cracker minus the salt. No flavor - just plain.

At the end of the day you have yet to articulate anything really meaningful beyond "I don't know what to tell you" as for the discussion at hand.

Nice work, DPG. I can see why HH sees you as a top poster.

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 07:49 PM
What is there to explain :lol? Because you think he's as athletic as KG and say he bends his knees (something you should be doing to DPG TBH..) you think that is substantial?

You seem mad that HH laughed at my joke and no one has laughed at your Nabisco Premium Cracker style jokes. Let it go...

Again, if you think he looks as fluid/mobile as KG, cool. There is nothing to argue about at that point.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 07:54 PM
What is there to explain :lol? Because you think he's as athletic as KG and say he bends his knees (something you should be doing to DPG TBH..) you think that is substantial?

You seem mad that HH laughed at my joke and no one has laughed at your Nabisco Premium Cracker style jokes. Let it go...

Again, if you think he looks as fluid/mobile as KG, cool. There is nothing to argue about at that point.

the cracker joke has internal irony, tattoo.

so you do not contest what I say and are raging asshurt. those saltines be SALTY!

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 07:56 PM
What's funny is that I said he has skills and good straight line athleticism. I simply pointed out one thing I saw as a flaw. You disagreed and talked about bending his knees and called him KG and that somehow meant you were having this high level conversation :lol

If you aren't going to be funny, you should at least bring knowledge to the table and be less awkward about things. When you have the humor equivalent of passover bread you have to bring the goods on the other end and you are just not unfortunately.

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 07:57 PM
What is there to contest? The fact you say he looks like KG and bends his knees?

spurraider21
02-10-2014, 08:09 PM
special olympics level argument + vanilla as an insult. such is life in spurstalk

Bill_Brasky
02-10-2014, 09:17 PM
What's funny is that I said he has skills and good straight line athleticism. I simply pointed out one thing I saw as a flaw. You disagreed and talked about bending his knees and called him KG and that somehow meant you were having this high level conversation :lol

If you aren't going to be funny, you should at least bring knowledge to the table and be less awkward about things. When you have the humor equivalent of passover bread you have to bring the goods on the other end and you are just not unfortunately.
Yeah. FL is such a pseudo intellectual and just seems obnoxious.

Rogue
02-10-2014, 09:24 PM
DPG just went mad at the cruel fact that some high school kid is about twice as tall as he is, tbh.

RD2191
02-10-2014, 09:37 PM
DPG just went mad at the cruel fact that some high school kid is about twice as tall as he is, tbh.
:lmao

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 10:09 PM

you are so full of shit. this is the most you have articulated the entire team. now it seems I will have to talk to you as a child because you have no clue.

When you are looking for a good side to side athlete what do you look for? what physically will you see from a guy. I will give you a hint: the cliche of playing defense in basketball is to get low in your stance and bend your knees. I talk about him bending his hips and knees because that is how it physically manifests. Further i did not say he only is able to bend. What i said was that he is able to sit down like that naturally and fluidly. That is what you could contest: the physical characteristic he shows that demonstrates lateral agility.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Yeah. FL is such a pseudo intellectual and just seems obnoxious.

pseudo in what capacity? i get that you don't like my politics but what is it that I say that only seems 'intellectual' yet is not. Please be specific. and quotes without explanation is just pseudo argument. anyone can make flippant comments with no support. you just did after all.

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 10:19 PM
:lol Fuzzy - when everyone basically laughs at you and echoes my comments you can't claim it's just a "circle jerk". Maybe you consider the feedback and have the courage to improve.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 10:22 PM
:lol Fuzzy - when everyone basically laughs at you and echoes my comments you can't claim it's just a "circle jerk". Maybe you consider the feedback and have the courage to improve.

:lol bill is 'everyone?' He isn't even commenting on the argument. The comment about vanilla as an insult was directed at you, tattoo.

that you resort to the bandwagon fallacy and fail at it is telling.

natural knee bend and good flexibility in the knees and hips. is what it is. you don't contest it. hell, you didn't even recognize it as something to look for. As I said your acumen about basketball --and sports in general for that matter-- is demonstrably poor.

DeadlyDynasty
02-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Fuzz, what did you think of the Pistons intensity and execution tonight?

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 10:28 PM
:lmao you are so funny you don't even know how to use "tattoo". You are so generic and unfunny that you not only use throw away generic humor, but you can't even get it correct.

You basically get dumped on in every forum. I was using this thread as an example of how you are generally viewed but your ego and self-consciousness won't allow you to take advice that many seem to give you. HH laughs at you and you claim it's a circle jerk. Bill chimes in and you just dismiss it and continue with a stupid argument that really doesn't qualify as an argument.

Rogue
02-10-2014, 10:28 PM
you are so full of shit. this is the most you have articulated the entire team. now it seems I will have to talk to you as a child because you have no clue.

you always have to crouch down and lower your head to the level of his in order to have a legit conversation with him, tbh.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-10-2014, 10:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZYjul6e6wE

My boys that got recruited to State takin a shit on Thon... but then State sent our a scholarship to Thon... #NCState16 :cry

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Fuzz, what did you think of the Pistons intensity and execution tonight?

Monroe and Drummond came to play no doubt. Our perimeter defense and rotations were slow to nonexistent which caused major issues with our ability to contest shots and rebound. Duncan was plain awful and he reminded me of Finals Manu with boneheaded interior passing.

Pistons came to play but it was their intensity and not their execution that slaughtered us.

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 10:32 PM
you always have to crouch down and lower your head to the level of his in order to have a legit conversation with him, tbh.

You have stepped up your level of posts about me, but your quality has gone down. I believe that to be the reason you aren't high on the list and DPG stands tall above you :cry

Rogue
02-10-2014, 10:34 PM
bending the knees is probably the most repulsive maneuver for someone who always stands up straight and yet whose head still only reaches the height of a normal man's waist, tbh.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 10:36 PM
:lmao you are so funny you don't even know how to use "tattoo". You are so generic and unfunny that you not only use throw away generic humor, but you can't even get it correct.

You basically get dumped on in every forum. I was using this thread as an example of how you are generally viewed but your ego and self-consciousness won't allow you to take advice that many seem to give you. HH laughs at you and you claim it's a circle jerk. Bill chimes in and you just dismiss it and continue with a stupid argument that really doesn't qualify as an argument.

wow youre afraid to actually discuss the issue, tattoo. oh and btw please demonstrate the proper way to address you as tattoo.

bill and hh did not even comment on the substance of the argument. why do you think that supports your cause? Others have come in and ragged on you as well; you don't acknowledge that either. you are behaving like a child trying to save face. man up and discuss the substantive issues.

Natural and fluid flexibility in the hips and knees. it is what it is.

Rogue
02-10-2014, 10:40 PM
You have stepped up your level of posts about me, but your quality has gone down. I believe that to be the reason you aren't high on the list and DPG stands tall above you :cry
being high on a verified faggot's POTM list might be something worth bragging for you, but never for me. But I can understand how the word "high" always appeals more than "low", no matter the circumstances, to someone who has to live his entire life being the length of an adult man's leg tbh.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 10:42 PM
how tall is dpg anyway? he is over 5' right?

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 10:42 PM
Sometimes you just run into people who don't get it. This is one of those times.

There is nothing to discuss. You are trying to (and I don't know why) make this into something bigger than it is. You are not being intellectual and there is nothing to really debate. You think he moves like KG laterally, I said no. There is nothing to actually discuss.

But, you are really unfunny and generally not liked. I don't have an issue with you tbh..but people don't seem to like you for some reason. How about this, start a poll. Ask people on here who they think brings more knowledge about the game and quality posts. If you win the poll, I will leave forever. If I win, you will have to promise to swallow that load of pride, bend your knees and work on improving.

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 10:44 PM
being high on a verified faggot's POTM list might be something worth bragging for you, but never for me. But I can understand how the word "high" always appeals more than "low", no matter the circumstances, to someone who has to live his entire life being the length of an adult man's legs tbh.

Now you are being a sore sport like the Goddess at awards shows never winning :cry.

While in fact you may believe things like Goddess is a good actress and that I am Kori's nephew, you also believe you are from a land of tall people which it's verified through TV, Radio and Print that you are not (not that it would matter). You obsess about only things you can't have which is Goddess and meaningful height.

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 10:44 PM
how tall is dpg anyway? he is over 5' right?

Yes.

Rogue
02-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Now you are being a sore sport like the Goddess at awards shows never winning :cry.

While in fact you may believe things like Goddess is a good actress and that I am Kori's nephew, you also believe you are from a land of tall people which it's verified through TV, Radio and Print that you are not (not that it would matter). You obsess about only things you can't have which is Goddess and meaningful height.
I'm rather short at 5'7 tbh but that's still above the Asian males average height imho, at the very least I'm happy with the fact that my head is always far above the lower hem of a bitch's skirt so when I'm walking on the street in a hot summer day I run no risk of finding myself entrapped between a bitch's legs, with her skirt over my head like an umbrella.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Yes.

so what then 5'3"?

Rogue
02-10-2014, 10:54 PM
so what then 5'3"?
with a pair of stilts, probably yes.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 10:56 PM
Sometimes you just run into people who don't get it. This is one of those times.

There is nothing to discuss. You are trying to (and I don't know why) make this into something bigger than it is. You are not being intellectual and there is nothing to really debate. You think he moves like KG laterally, I said no. There is nothing to actually discuss.

But, you are really unfunny and generally not liked. I don't have an issue with you tbh..but people don't seem to like you for some reason. How about this, start a poll. Ask people on here who they think brings more knowledge about the game and quality posts. If you win the poll, I will leave forever. If I win, you will have to promise to swallow that load of pride, bend your knees and work on improving.

Oh, I get it. You are unable to articulate anything beyond a blanket dismissal and you think that bill and HH taking tangent shots at me is justification. I also get that you are much more concerned about popularity and perception than reality. You keep calling me typical but I think introspection is in order here.

fluid and flexible in the knees and hips. you still have yet to address that head on. i will await another deflection.

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 10:56 PM
No, I'm closer to 5'5, but I don't round up because I am not self conscious. I am 5'4.

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 10:58 PM
Oh, I get it. You are unable to articulate anything beyond a blanket dismissal and you think that bill and HH taking tangent shots at me is justification. I also get that you are much more concerned about popularity and perception than reality. You keep calling me typical but I think introspection is in order here.

fluid and flexible in the knees and hips. you still have yet to address that head on. i will await another deflection.

Deflection is ignoring the fact I said there was nothing to discuss about 5 posts ago. The conversation has shifted now and all you have to do is make the poll. If people hold me in low regard equal to you as you seem to imply, make the poll. I didn't say make a poll about who people think is funnier or who they like - I said make a poll about what people think about the basketball takes and quality of basketball posts.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 11:01 PM
No, I'm closer to 5'5, but I don't round up because I am not self conscious. I am 5'4.

There is an objective standard for rounding. You are either 5'4.5" and above or you are not. That you make it more complicated that that speaks to you being self conscious about it.

I could give a shit even if I am a foot taller than you. Well beyond to comment that such a stature would mean that you never played organized basketball at even a moderate level. What organized athletics in general did you participate in it? People of your stature typically are into baseball, soccer or tennis from my experience.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Deflection is ignoring the fact I said there was nothing to discuss about 5 posts ago. The conversation has shifted now and all you have to do is make the poll. If people hold me in low regard equal to you as you seem to imply, make the poll. I didn't say make a poll about who people think is funnier or who they like - I said make a poll about what people think about the basketball takes and quality of basketball posts.

You saying that there is nothing to discuss does not make it so. It is just a blanket dismissal (re: deflection). This post here clearly demonstrates how you are more concerned with popularity than the truth. All you are doing is damage control.

Fluid and natural flexibility in the knees and hips. DPG says that is besides the point and not worth discussing a person's athleticism. Speaks for itself really.

Rogue
02-10-2014, 11:09 PM
I don't think it makes much difference whether he is 5'4 or 5'5, or anything in between, and I also don't think the height limit should disqualify anyone from playing basketball. Teams can just use you as a dribbling machine, and it would be extremely hard for the opposing teams to guard you when you can sneak between the 18 legs freely like a squirrel in trees.

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 11:10 PM
There is an objective standard for rounding. You are either 5'4.5" and above or you are not. That you make it more complicated that that speaks to you being self conscious about it.

I could give a shit even if I am a foot taller than you. Well beyond to comment that such a stature would mean that you never played organized basketball at even a moderate level. What organized athletics in general did you participate in it? People of your stature typically are into baseball, soccer or tennis from my experience.

:lol I rarely ever talk about my height or defend it. You and Rogue seem to think it's a tool to use against me but I don't even acknowledge it. The fact I choose not to play semantics makes me cooler than you. The fact you said what you did about rounding is exactly what Bill was referring to. It's really annoying. Again, I can see why many on here don't like you although I don't have an issue with you tbh..

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 11:12 PM
You saying that there is nothing to discuss does not make it so. It is just a blanket dismissal (re: deflection). This post here clearly demonstrates how you are more concerned with popularity than the truth. All you are doing is damage control.

Fluid and natural flexibility in the knees and hips. DPG says that is besides the point and not worth discussing a person's athleticism. Speaks for itself really.

Ok, so you have established your point like 67 times. Move on and make the poll. You said already that I am not popular as evidenced by people bashing me. So make the poll and see who wins. Even if what you said is true (meaning I care more about popularity), why not make the poll if you think that a) you have better basketball takes & b) people rag on me as much as you?

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 11:12 PM
I don't think it makes much difference whether he is 5'4 or 5'5, or anything in between, and I also don't think the height limit should disqualify anyone from playing basketball. Teams can just use you as a dribbling machine, and it would be extremely hard for the opposing teams to guard you when you can sneak between the 18 legs freely like a squirrel in trees.

Ask the Mav Crew about Da Point Guard..

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 11:18 PM
:lol I rarely ever talk about my height or defend it. You and Rogue seem to think it's a tool to use against me but I don't even acknowledge it. The fact I choose not to play semantics makes me cooler than you. The fact you said what you did about rounding is exactly what Bill was referring to. It's really annoying. Again, I can see why many on here don't like you although I don't have an issue with you tbh..

you're acknowledging it right now, dipshit. Do you do anything other than posture? and what meaning of what word are we even arguing about? that right there is pseudo-intellectualism.

there is an objective standard for rounding. that is not fake. when you claim semantics when we are not discussing what words mean . . . wtf do you think pseudo means, tattoo?

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 11:21 PM
Are you going to make the poll or not?

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 11:22 PM
Ok, so you have established your point like 67 times. Move on and make the poll. You said already that I am not popular as evidenced by people bashing me. So make the poll and see who wins. Even if what you said is true (meaning I care more about popularity), why not make the poll if you think that a) you have better basketball takes & b) people rag on me as much as you?

your critical thinking skills are lacking. if I am criticizing you for only giving concern to popular appeal versus the truth why would I use a poll? you allude to not caring but its pretty sad how much show you do. why don't I put up a poll? what a toolbag.

I am just extending that you have not refuted my comments on the fluidity and natural bend he has in his knees and hips.

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 11:23 PM
Are you going to make the poll? How about this: Make the poll, stick to the deal and I will answer every question with regards to this OP that you want.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Are you going to make the poll? How about this: Make the poll, stick to the deal and I will answer every question with regards to this OP that you want.

Now you are delusional. I will not be distracted from the important points.

I will continue to extend that DPG does not think a mans flexibility in the knees and hips is worth discussing in a discussion of a persons athleticism. He offers no refutation to the fact that this young man has said flexibility.

DPG21920
02-10-2014, 11:28 PM
The fact you said if I didn't answer the direct questions about the knees bending you would ignore me, but haven't, and instead keep engaging me while trying to find out more about me (height, athletic prowess..) shows that you have a case of the DPG's.

Happens to the best of em' girl. It's what they call the subtle goods, Nabisco.

Watch you continue to lie (by responding even though I'm not talking about the knees bending) by responding to this since you can't help yourself.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2014, 11:31 PM
The fact you said if I didn't answer the direct questions about the knees bending you would ignore me, but haven't, and instead keep engaging me while trying to find out more about me (height, athletic prowess..) shows that you have a case of the DPG's.

Happens to the best of em' girl. It's what they call the subtle goods, Nabisco.

Watch you continue to lie (by responding even though I'm not talking about the knees bending) by responding to this since you can't help yourself.

That's not what I said. try harder.

jimbo
02-11-2014, 03:30 AM
Even Matt Bonner would dominate the fuck outta 10th graders too. He could probably look like he'd have sick guard moves too.

I'd actually rather watch that than this guy for now. 10th grade's too young for me to care

Rogue
02-11-2014, 09:48 AM
why should DPG care about if the 7'1 could bend his knees and hips, tbh? that 7'1 dude could get both his legs entirely amputated (from groin down) and still be inches taller than DPG...

tlongII
02-11-2014, 10:09 AM
He reminds me of KG.

FkLA
02-11-2014, 10:11 AM
WTF is this shit about his movement being too slow? Hes 7-1. Fadeaway here, stepback there (which he already has in his arsenal) and this nigga will have no trouble getting his shot off. How good idk but he easily looks like a future NBA player imho.

FkLA
02-11-2014, 10:15 AM

:lmao :lmao

benefactor
02-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Why does every HS prospect get compared to Durant? You're my nigga ben, but shit's ridiculous. I remember when Quincy Miller was supposed to be the next Durant. And then before Durant everyone was the next Garnett. Like Kwame Brown and Tyson Chandler. :lol
Yeah...I admit it was a bit of a lazy, throwaway take.:lol

There are two things that will define his development...how he grows into his frame and how he develops his game as a big. BUMP touched on what has become the death of the dominant big man...the want for bigs to try to be guards instead of becoming bigs. He needs to get with someone that can focus on developing his game from the midrange area, concentrating on footwork combined with shooting.

FkLA
02-11-2014, 10:19 AM
:lol 'lazy, throwaway' excuse

You are just that dumb, bene. Its ok weve learned to accept you despite your stupidity tbh.

Bill_Brasky
02-11-2014, 10:45 AM

You think you're using big words; you're not. Just say the shit like a normal fucking person and quit consulting your SAT synonym study book you tool.

benefactor
02-11-2014, 10:53 AM
In thinking about it more, I think it will be less about him filling all the way out and more about him strengthening important areas...particularly his base. Even if he remains somewhat skinny, he can still develop a strong base that will allow him to hold his ground in the post...which will also help him better utilize his length to contest shots.

Bill_Brasky
02-11-2014, 10:55 AM
WTF is this shit about his movement being too slow? Hes 7-1. Fadeaway here, stepback there (which he already has in his arsenal) and this nigga will have no trouble getting his shot off. How good idk but he easily looks like a future NBA player imho.
He looks like Ryan Richards, aka the scrub that was too much of a scrub to play in the NBA

FkLA
02-11-2014, 11:22 AM
He looks like Ryan Richards, aka the scrub that was too much of a scrub to play in the NBA

Looks shorter and has worse handles imo. If Thon can develop that step back hell be an NBA player, Dirk made himself a HOF with a fadeaway.

DPG21920
02-11-2014, 05:37 PM

So now he's KG or Dirk. Ok.

Look, if it was as easy as you say it was, there wouldn't be more Hasheem Thabeets than Dirks/KG's. Lateral movement in the NBA is critical. He is a good straight line athlete per that video and can jump well enough. He didn't seem to be fluid to me nor did his lateral movements standout. He may be fine, but from the video I saw, it was one potential issue.

Making the NBA is one thing; plenty of big stiffs make it. Being the number one pick or highly rated is another.

FkLA
02-11-2014, 07:26 PM
So now he's KG or Dirk. Ok.

Look, if it was as easy as you say it was, there wouldn't be more Hasheem Thabeets than Dirks/KG's. Lateral movement in the NBA is critical. He is a good straight line athlete per that video and can jump well enough. He didn't seem to be fluid to me nor did his lateral movements standout. He may be fine, but from the video I saw, it was one potential issue.

Making the NBA is one thing; plenty of big stiffs make it. Being the number one pick or highly rated is another.

Not fluid compared to who, true SFs? If so then sure he's not as fluid as them but he's freakishly fluid for someone his size tbh. I didn't say he'd be as good as KG or Dirk either simply that I do see him as a future NBA player, his current skillset would allow him to get his shot off in the pros...how good depends on how his game/body continues to develope obviously.

DPG21920
02-11-2014, 08:40 PM
He's not as fluid as many of the big men in the league today who are actually considered good. He doesn't look nearly as athletic as KG to me (as one person in here said) and you also threw around Dirk's name. Again, he could be a future NBA player - Hasheem Thabeet was not only drafted high, but is still in the NBA. But when people throw around KG and Dirks names and ask why lateral quickness is important (compared to just big men who are good defenders) then it becomes a different conversation.

He obviously looks promising - but again, the lateral quickness comment was just something that stood out to me from that one video and to me that is very important in today's NBA if a guy is going to be a star (like a KG or Dirk).

Venti Quattro
02-11-2014, 08:45 PM
He's too skinny for the NBA, but he has time to gain more weight.

FkLA
02-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Dirk is an example of a guy that made himself a HOFer off of his fadeaway despite his lack of lateral quickness/overall athleticism. Size and a fade away/stepback can compensate for some of the other things he lacks...that's why I brought up Dirk not to suggest Thon is Dirk Jr.

I'm pretty confident saying he'll be an NBA player but beyond that I think it's way too soon for anybody to guess just how good he'll be.

DPG21920
02-11-2014, 09:02 PM
I agree. I just pointed out one thing I saw that might be a limitation - I really didn't say anything else. People watched this youtube and started throwing out Dirk/KG...

Also, basically saying that if you have a fadeaway jump shot you will be a HOF is woefully undervaluing all that Dirk does.

FkLA
02-11-2014, 09:20 PM
I agree. I just pointed out one thing I saw that might be a limitation - I really didn't say anything else. People watched this youtube and started throwing out Dirk/KG...

My post want directed at you specifically btw, I know there were others talking about his fluidity.

Also, basically saying that if you have a fadeaway jump shot you will be a HOF is woefully undervaluing all that Dirk does.

Well obviously I didn't mean that his fadeaway was literally the only thing that got him there. But a Dirk fadeaway is a Top 5 most unstoppable move imho--maybe higher. He rode that and benefited immensely from all the things that that move opened up tbh.

Rogue
02-11-2014, 09:56 PM
The lack of muscle isn't an insurmountable limit as the lack of height is, right DPG? :rolleyes

DPG21920
02-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Rogue - last time I will reply to you: Your humor is awful. You aren't even tall and your about as creative as Goddess taking naked pictures for the world to see like all other dummies do.

Rogue
02-11-2014, 10:30 PM
:cry DPG never responding to me again
:cry like I did give a shit
:cry like I also had problems identifying my gender because of my size so I had to capitulate the letter "D" to always remind myself I have a Dick between my legs.

BUMP
02-12-2014, 02:00 AM
:lol 'lazy, throwaway' excuse

You are just that dumb, bene. Its ok weve learned to accept you despite your stupidity tbh.

look at 'kLA, throwing his weight around because of his 'memorize and regurgitate equations' degree from UTSA

if this dont beat it all.......

FuzzyLumpkins
02-12-2014, 02:10 AM
You think you're using big words; you're not. Just say the shit like a normal fucking person and quit consulting your SAT synonym study book you tool.

How about you quit being so insecure? People such as yourself --almost universally men-- who try to 'put me in my place' are hilarious.

Big words according to Bill:

articulate
dismissal
tangent
justification
popularity
perception
introspection
flexible
deflection.

That you consider the above to be me trying to mentally big time is pretty fucking sad frankly.

I talk as I talk. I use words like articulate and introspection all the time. I only dumb down what I say for children. Sorry that you are intimidated by polysyllables but quite frankly that just makes me think you have the typical inferiority complex.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-12-2014, 02:12 AM
and :lol at DPG --and Bill apparently-- being an asshurt bitch for two days running.

Nice work Rogue!

FuzzyLumpkins
02-12-2014, 02:13 AM
Not fluid compared to who, true SFs? If so then sure he's not as fluid as them but he's freakishly fluid for someone his size tbh. I didn't say he'd be as good as KG or Dirk either simply that I do see him as a future NBA player, his current skillset would allow him to get his shot off in the pros...how good depends on how his game/body continues to develope obviously.

Don't mind him he didn't even know what to look for in lateral agility until I told him. You and I both saw thos crossovers he did. DPG is just a bit dumb . . . . and short.

FkLA
02-12-2014, 02:16 AM
look at 'kLA, throwing his weight around because of his 'memorize and regurgitate equations' degree from UTSA

if this dont beat it all.......

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/4844745/utsa-o.gif

Bulaien999
02-12-2014, 02:25 AM
This thread got so derailed...

Seriously though, this kid will not be first round pick. Too much of a liablity to be a bust

FuzzyLumpkins
02-12-2014, 02:26 AM
This thread got so derailed...

Seriously though, this kid will not be first round pick. Too much of a liablity to be a bust

He's a sophmore. Right now sure but he is 2 years removed from such a choice.

JMarkJohns
04-14-2016, 03:53 PM
So, Thon gets to declare for the NBA draft without college because he graduated last summer, and hid in prep school until 19.

Like I said 2 years ago. Maxed out physically, clunky athlete, and limited upside.

Givony and DraftExpress seem to agree since thus have him mocked at 40 in a weak to middling at best draft.

He had a lot of potential. But he peaked as a 17 YO vs 15 year olds.