PDA

View Full Version : Anyone drive a 6th generation Camry LE or XLE? Any car experts here?

apalisoc_9
02-10-2014, 01:39 AM
Just about done with my 2002 civic tbh. And looking for a new purchase by the end of the month..Will be buying used.

I don't really care much about street cred, the wow's or whatever..I just need a decent car that can get me from Point A to Point B, reliable, has tons of interior space, and great MPG..I've got a few options in mind right now but the camry seems to stand out. The camry looks awful and is pretty boring to look at but I love the interior space and mileage but I really don't know if it's reliable...Got a few options..

1. 2008 Camry XLE
2. 2011 Camry LE
3. 2009 Honda Accord
4. 2009 Nissan Altima
5. 2011 Fusion

I can't seem to decide cause I'm a total dumbass with cars...In the long run, which of these cars would save me the most money?

These second hand cars are priced around 12-15k so it's a decent enough price.

xmas1997
02-10-2014, 02:02 AM
Just about done with my 2002 civic tbh. And looking for a new purchase by the end of the month..Will be buying used.

I don't really care much about street cred, the wow's or whatever..I just need a decent car that can get me from Point A to Point B, reliable, has tons of interior space, and great MPG..I've got a few options in mind right now but the camry seems to stand out. The camry looks awful and is pretty boring to look at but I love the interior space and mileage but I really don't know if it's reliable...Got a few options..

1. 2008 Camry XLE
2. 2011 Camry LE
3. 2009 Honda Accord
4. 2009 Nissan Altima
5. 2011 Fusion

I can't seem to decide cause I'm a total dumbass with cars...In the long run, which of these cars would save me the most money?

Do your research online.
I did.
That's why I ended up getting a Toyota Highlander.

TDMVPDPOY
02-10-2014, 08:51 AM

1. 2008 Camry XLE
2. 2011 Camry LE
3. 2009 Honda Accord
4. 2009 Nissan Altima
5. 2011 Fusion

corolla 2013+ sport can be have around that price range...

Technique
02-10-2014, 10:26 AM
Don't touch those Camrys dude, no power and no handles. I started drifting going off an exit at 20 mph when it was moderately raining. and when you want to pass someone who's going slow, you can't.

benefactor
02-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Look into a '11-'12 Hyundai Sonata. My sister has one and she loves it. Nice styling, nice roomy interior and upon doing a quick search on Autotrader there are plenty out there with decent mileage that are in your price range. They are a Consumer Reports Best Buy and they come from the factory with a 60k warranty, which is the best in the business.

Blake
02-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Don't touch those Camrys dude, no power and no handles. I started drifting going off an exit at 20 mph when it was moderately raining. and when you want to pass someone who's going slow, you can't.

Sounds like the base Camry CE with the narrower base and 4 cylinder engine.

I had a 2000 Camry XLE. It's not a babe magnet but the maintenance was low and I had 220k miles on it before letting it go. The six cylinder I had had decent pick up and handling. Roomy in the front seats.

apalisoc_9
02-10-2014, 03:30 PM
corolla 2013+ sport can be have around that price range...

Must be a location thing because Corollla 2012 and newer here cost at least 17k. Also, I've been in a corolla and the trunk and back seat has very little room..Reliable and good mileage though.

fuck..Something I should seriously consider. The roads here are extremely slippery with -20c to -50c weather for a few months. Was it a six cylinder?

Look into a '11-'12 Hyundai Sonata. My sister has one and she loves it. Nice styling, nice roomy interior and upon doing a quick search on Autotrader there are plenty out there with decent mileage that are in your price range. They are a Consumer Reports Best Buy and they come from the factory with a 60k warranty, which is the best in the business.

Added on my to test drive list..Totally forgot about the hyundai. Again must be a location thing though because 11-12 are around 16-18k here ( anything under 90k km), but I might be willing to pay extra if it's going to save me money in the long run. One issue I have with the Hyundai in general is expensive spare parts and I'm not positively sure if it's as reliable as a Toyota..Also there's a 300 dollars difference In insurance for the whole year...:bang

I'm driving it till it blows :lol so I'm looking at something that can give me at least 6 years of decent driving...

DMC
02-10-2014, 04:02 PM

1. 2008 Camry XLE
2. 2011 Camry LE
3. 2009 Honda Accord
4. 2009 Nissan Altima
5. 2011 Fusion

I just traded in a 2011 Camry LE. Never had any problems, had about 36K miles on it. My friend had over 100K on his in three years and ended up buying it (it was leased) because it's a great car. Gets about 23-26 mpg.

Proxy
02-10-2014, 04:10 PM
You have the entire internet at your disposal... and you decide to ask ST?

hehateme
02-10-2014, 05:29 PM
for 12-15k I would go up another 3-4k and buy new. Then all you do is test drive the models you have on a list and compare.

RD2191
02-10-2014, 05:35 PM
for 12-15k I would go up another 3-4k and buy new. Then all you do is test drive the models you have on a list and compare.

Blake
02-10-2014, 05:40 PM
I can find great late model cars at great prices in great condition, and since cars are lasting longer and longer, I don't see the need to burn the extra cash on a new car that depreciates the minute you drive off the lot.

CuckingFunt
02-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Get a Mazda. I bought a 2011 3 used about a year and a half ago and love it.

benefactor
02-10-2014, 08:25 PM
Buying new is a huge ripoff. I don't know why anyone does it.

Where are you located?

benefactor
02-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Get a Mazda. I bought a 2011 3 used about a year and a half ago and love it.
I've heard the newer ones are great, but I got burned on one back in '05 and haven't looked at one since. The seats came apart and it had several transmission issues.

Rogue
02-10-2014, 08:45 PM
generally buying a new car will save you money in the long run compared to buying an used one imho. You get ripped-off if you sell the car 1-2 years after buying it (because a new car's virginity is worth 20-30% of its total value), but not if you're gonna settle with it and want to drive it for 10 years or more. Like, if you just have a random bitch for one or two nights you don't care how many different dicks have crammed bitch's vagina, but if you seriously wanna settle with a bitch you'd want to ensure that she hasn't experienced so many failed relationships tbh.

if I were OP I'd buy a Toyota car (like corolla), a neuter design that suits both men and women, so my bitch would also have a joyful time driving this car.

benefactor
02-10-2014, 09:18 PM
:lol...you just made my point with the second sentence of your post.

There is no way in hell you are saving money buy a new car...ever. An easy example is the Maxima I bought a year ago. It was three years old but only had 20k on it. Brand new, the car was easily 35k(has a premium package on it). I paid $23,500 for it.

apalisoc_9
02-10-2014, 10:40 PM

Buying new is a huge ripoff. I don't know why anyone does it.

Where are you located?

I don't want to be the sucker the pays for the depreciation value..:lol..never bought new will never buy new..

I don't understand why people think second hand cars are in terrible condition..My civic was great and lasted for at 5 years..It still runs great, no problems at all..But I wan't something a little bit bigger now.

I'm in Central Canada...

Mazad's and Hyundais are a little bit more expensive with insurance..

Nbadan
02-10-2014, 10:53 PM
2008 Camry XLE

This car came with a defect in the software governing the transmission. The glitch causes a 3 - 4 second delay when rapid acceleration is needed. This is a safety hazard, and is the reason I strongly advise people to consider a different car manufacturer. Toyota has done nothing to address this issue, which I noticed immediately after driving off the new car lot. I did not test drive this car before signing the paperwork, but instead drove a test model "just like it" which did not have the glitch. The dealership and corporate office have shown an utter indifference, and deny that this is a safety concern. It IS a safety concern, so please consider a different manufacturer.

Nbadan
02-10-2014, 10:57 PM
2009 Honda Accord

After I bought new accord I had to replace brakes at 4k because of a noise, by the way the noise is still there at 16,000 I had to replace rear brake pads what is not ok

TDMVPDPOY
02-10-2014, 11:01 PM
mazda 3 2013 model like someone mention, these are run out models for the next generation 2014 designs currently out

mazda also just introduced fixed cap servicing....

benefactor
02-10-2014, 11:11 PM
Ahh...ok. Sonatas are quite a bit cheaper down here.

apalisoc_9
02-10-2014, 11:12 PM
2008 Camry XLE

Scary shit...

Any chance this is just a case of one car being bad? There's no way they can sell cars with safety hazards, these cars still have to go though safety measures before they're allowed to be sold.

Really surprising...

I know a few peeps that drive the Accord and they swear on their mums life, it's the best car I can get..:lol

hehateme
02-11-2014, 04:37 PM
I don't want to be the sucker the pays for the depreciation value..:lol..never bought new will never buy new..

I don't understand why people think second hand cars are in terrible condition..My civic was great and lasted for at 5 years..It still runs great, no problems at all..But I wan't something a little bit bigger now.

I'm in Central Canada...

Mazad's and Hyundais are a little bit more expensive with insurance..

Really buying new against used depends on the vehicle and its value. There are plenty of sites that defer between the two and the pros/cons. Basically a rule of thumb is also putting 10% down on the purchase to lower the monthly cost as well (which should be the norm). I got nothing against used cars but I'd rather be the first to break wind/fuck/vomit/burn the engine out in my own car, thanks.

leemajors
02-11-2014, 06:41 PM
I've heard the newer ones are great, but I got burned on one back in '05 and haven't looked at one since. The seats came apart and it had several transmission issues.

I got a 3 in 05, the ex is still driving it. had some initial issues with exhaust sensors but they were covered by warranty.

blkroadrunners
02-11-2014, 08:25 PM
I'd prolly go with the 2009 Honda tbh..