PDA

View Full Version : 21 Marines Killed in 3 Days

Nbadan
08-03-2005, 02:50 PM
21 Marines killed in 3 days of fighting; U.S. journalist slain
Wednesday, August 3, 2005; Posted: 8:20 a.m. EDT (12:20 GMT)

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- A roadside bomb blast killed 14 Marines and a civilian interpreter Wednesday as they rode in a vehicle near Haditha, Iraq, U.S. military officials said.

The military said the bomb struck the amphibious assault vehicle about 1 mile (about 2 kilometers) south of Haditha, along the Euphrates River about 135 miles northwest of Baghdad. The military said one Marine was wounded.

On Monday, six Marine sniper team members were killed in a firefight near the same city and a Marine was killed in nearby Hit. Twenty-one Marines have been killed in the region in three days. The number of U.S. troops killed in the Iraq war stands at 1,820, according to U.S. military reports.

All 21 Marines who were killed Monday and Wednesday were assigned to Regimental Combat Team 2, part of the 2nd Marine Division, 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force.

"Bring Them ON, I'll Be On my semi-yearly, month-long vacation in Texas!

http://www.billingsgazette.com/rednews/2005/08/02/build//nation/images/25-bush-vacation.jpg

President Bush waves as departs the South Lawn of the White House Tuesday, August 2, 2005 on his way to his Crawford, Texas, ranch where he will spend the remainder of the summer.

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20050803wap_boskovitchPJ_230.jpg

Jeff Boskovitch - killed Aug. 2 2005

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2005/08/02/PH2005080201802.jpg

Nathan Rock - Killed August 2

With a break in his voice, (Police Chief)Carpenter said, "I really liked him a lot and I know people say that all the time when they talk about someone who has died but I am just physically sick to my stomach to think that he's gone."

Times Leader Online (http://www.timesleaderonline.com/news/story/082202005_new01_marine2.asp)

How many more of us have to become sick to our stomach before we end this illegal war?

smeagol
08-03-2005, 03:34 PM
One month vacation?

WTF?

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Bring them all on!!!! every terrorist, every anti-american muslim

we're a fucking empire, we can't be stopped, all of us are so fucking rich, we have life to give away for any cause!~!!!!

Bush, the leader of leaders, even said it best:

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 soldiers aint shit

MaNuMaNiAc
08-03-2005, 03:46 PM
If I were Bush, I don't know how I could sleep at night, knowing that while I'm vacationing on my ranch, young men are dying out there. When I saw those pictures NbaDan posted, i couldn't help but realise that yesterday, while I was probably studying or at my girl's those guys were out there dying. There's something macabre about that line of thought. Ofcourse many people die every second all over the world, but its amazing how much of a difference it makes to you put a face to the casualty.

Spurminator
08-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Yes, how can the President possibly work from home when his modem is in Washington?

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2005, 03:54 PM
If I were Bush, I don't know how I could sleep at night, knowing that while I'm vacationing on my ranch, young men are dying out there. When I saw those pictures NbaDan posted, i couldn't help but realise that yesterday, while I was probably studying or at my girl's those guys were out there dying. There's something macabre about that line of thought. Ofcourse many people die every second all over the world, but its amazing how much of a difference it makes to you put a face to the casualty.

its called Evil, manumania

the people that are making decisions that affect everyones lives are devil worshipping evil people

ever heard of bohemian grove? google it up

MaNuMaNiAc
08-03-2005, 04:00 PM
its called Evil, manumania

the people that are making decisions that affect everyones lives are devil worshipping evil people

ever heard of bohemian grove? google it up Look I didn't say anything about it being wrong, or Bush being evil alright, so calm your paranoid ass down. I merely said that if I (emphasis on "I") were in Bush's shoes, it would be hard to cope with that fact. My conscience would never let me sleep.

*Edit* Actually, I've thought about it, and I can't really tell if you're being sarcastic or what. please elaborate.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2005, 04:02 PM
yeah because you are more than likely a good person

on the other hand
bush is not

hence his constant vacationing during times of him LEADING US TO VICTORY AND BEING OUR LEADER DURING THE WAR WITH IRAQ, I MEAN TERROR, I MEAN OSAMA

gtownspur
08-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Its terrible that american troops died. THose men served our country. but think had we had the same attitude like NBADan after Normandy and the pacific. where in one battle we lost 2000 troops in one day. Would NBADan be here typing anti american propaganda. I doubt it..
There is a price to pay for stability and peace.
Tell me a time peace has been negotiated.....and succeeded..
i dare you.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Its terrible that american troops died. THose men served our country. but think had we had the same attitude like NBADan after Normandy and the pacific. where in one battle we lost 2000 troops in one day. Would NBADan be here typing anti american propaganda. I doubt it..
i dare you.

I defy you to step up and point out where on this thread NBAdan has posted a single fucking statement being nonamerican and a single fuckign statement that was propoganda you bitch ass blind chickenhawk

do you think we'd all be sucking bush's cock if we lost 2000 troops in one day tommorow? you're a fucking idiot man
im still waiting for a picture btw

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2005, 04:15 PM

President Bush waves as departs the South Lawn of the White House Tuesday, August 2, 2005 on his way to his Crawford, Texas, ranch where he will spend the remainder of the summer.

Jeff Boskovitch - killed Aug. 2 2005

Nathan Rock - Killed August 2

How many more of us have to become sick to our stomach before we end this illegal war?

apparantly, these statements, along with excluded hyperlinks, are now officially "anti american and propoganda" according to a loyal Conservative American from Georgetown, Tx

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2005, 04:16 PM
i dare you.

This great big lump of stupid shit just made my new signature

my only regret is that you aren't clandestino

MaNuMaNiAc
08-03-2005, 04:17 PM
i dare you.
lame

gtownspur
08-03-2005, 04:26 PM
thanks Manu mania. you calling anyone lame would raise their esteem. i dont need your approval. but thanks for dodging the question.

gtownspur
08-03-2005, 04:29 PM
I defy you to step up and point out where on this thread NBAdan has posted a single fucking statement being nonamerican and a single fuckign statement that was propoganda you bitch ass blind chickenhawk

do you think we'd all be sucking bush's cock if we lost 2000 troops in one day tommorow? you're a fucking idiot man
im still waiting for a picture btw

i wont give you your pic. and i wont engage in infantile bullshit you call disscusion. and if you want to actually discuss policy consult NBaDan so you could get pointers. maybe you could wash his hubcabs as a fee.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2005, 04:30 PM
maybe you can explain to me where he was anti american in this thread, chickenhawk

Vashner
08-04-2005, 04:35 AM
Nbadan you should STFU when talking bout Marines as if you where one. How long where you a U.S. Marine and with what unit? I disagree with your view that Bush does not care about what happened or the Marines did not volunteer to be Marines. They fight.. that's what Marines do. I am sure if they read this post and where still alive and you where like in front of them you would get an earfull or your ass kicked. Or both.

Nbadan
08-04-2005, 04:37 AM
I don't think that pointing out those 21 Marines having been killed in 3 days, many from the same regimental company is spreading propaganda. For the most part, I try to support the troops in my posts because I know that, hey, there by the grace of God go I, but when I feel that policy is bad or when our non-com troops are exploited to cover up for the administration of bad policy, I'm gonna call people for that.

These Marines didn't just die to protect Iraqi democracy - they died so numskulls like you and I can have the freedom to post our thoughts on forums like this. Whether we agree with those posts or not.

Nbadan
08-04-2005, 04:45 AM
Nbadan you should STFU when talking bout Marines as if you where one. How long where you a U.S. Marine and with what unit? I disagree with your view that Bush does not care about what happened or the Marines did not volunteer to be Marines. They fight.. that's what Marines do. I am sure if they read this post and where still alive and you where like in front of them you would get an earfull or your ass kicked. Or both.

Where exactly did I bad-mouth the Marines? I was merely pointing out that while W is busy vacationing in Crawford, the war in Iraq is getting progressively more lethal. A recent report by the Army pointed out that insurgents are dynamically attacking our troops with progressively deadlier bombs and munitions. I want to know what the administration plans to do about it.

Vashner
08-04-2005, 04:50 AM
Marines don't sign up to go on safari with cameras or cruise a river for fishing..
It's hardcore combat... 12 weeks of brutal basic combat training.

You portrayed the Command & Chief as someone who does not care about the incidents or loss of life. You are incorrect in that portrayal.

Non com troops? Non communist? Marines are combat force btw in case you didn't know what a Marine is. Not some boy scouts on field study.

Clandestino
08-04-2005, 07:58 AM
I don't think that pointing out those 21 Marines having been killed in 3 days, many from the same regimental company is spreading propaganda. For the most part, I try to support the troops in my posts because I know that, hey, there by the grace of God go I, but when I feel that policy is bad or when our non-com troops are exploited to cover up for the administration of bad policy, I'm gonna call people for that.

These Marines didn't just die to protect Iraqi democracy - they died so numskulls like you and I can have the freedom to post our thoughts on forums like this. Whether we agree with those posts or not.

:lmao most hilarious thing ever!

Clandestino
08-04-2005, 07:59 AM
many posters in here would rather the US just sit back and wait for the terrorists to attack us...

Dre_7
08-04-2005, 08:27 AM
I don't think that pointing out those 21 Marines having been killed in 3 days, many from the same regimental company is spreading propaganda.

No its not. But what you added to that makes it propaganda.

sbsquared
08-04-2005, 12:30 PM
Why is there always such a big deal made about the President going to his ranch? Do you think he is really "on vacation?" He's still on the job - he's just working outside of Washington. With all the technology we have now, many people telecommute - why is it so wrong for the President to do it for a month?

Besides, how many weeks vacation do the CEO's of major corporations get? At least 4 weeks!

Nbadan
08-04-2005, 01:59 PM
No its not. But what you added to that makes it propaganda.

Honoring the troops is another topic where the administration talks a good game, kinda like the budget, but their actions don't always match their words.

In light of the recent loss of so many troops from Ohio, the President should have at least flown to the town that lost 7 of those troops in one day. Shit, I don't care take a trip to the tomb of the unknown soldier, Dover AFB? Fuck, do something!

tlongII
08-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Something for you to chew on...

1. There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of January..... In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January. That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.

2. When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war, consider the following:

FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman finished that war and started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

3. In the two years since terrorists attacked us President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran, and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick killing a woman.

gtownspur
08-04-2005, 06:34 PM
man does NbaDan and CBF have their foots in their mouths.

JoeChalupa
08-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Semper Fi!!

Jelly
08-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Why is there always such a big deal made about the President going to his ranch? Do you think he is really "on vacation?" He's still on the job - he's just working outside of Washington. With all the technology we have now, many people telecommute - why is it so wrong for the President to do it for a month?

Besides, how many weeks vacation do the CEO's of major corporations get? At least 4 weeks!

It's just more evidence of his insanity if he wants to be in Texas in August.
Crazy mother.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-04-2005, 09:29 PM
but he IS going on his semi-annual vacation, and HE was the one to say 'bring it on' when asked about iraqi forces...

if saying that is propaganda then everything is propaganda

scott
08-05-2005, 12:02 AM
To be accurate, tlong, Germany did attack us. Their U-boats were sinking our supply ships in the atlantic and north sea before Pearl Harbor.

Nbadan
08-05-2005, 12:22 AM
Truman finished that war and started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per year.

Well, there was that little matter of North Korea invading South Korea and the existing U.S. containment of Communism policy, maybe a few protection treaties, but your right, North Korea never directly attacked us, however, yesterday butterflies flew out of my ass, what the hell does that have to do with the existing dirty war in Iraq?

smeagol
08-06-2005, 06:35 AM
Comparing the WWII situation and the war in Iraq makes no sense.

Hitler was trying to take over Europe (and the World, for that matter). Saddam was pretty much contained, with no WMDs, possing no threat to anyone except to his own people.

Nevertheless, I'm glad that the mutherfucker is gone. I hope he is put away for life, or sentence to die.

JoeChalupa
08-06-2005, 09:32 AM
That shit happens all the time.
If you speak out against the President you are being "unpatriotic" and that is just plain BS. If that is the case then there were millions of "unpatriotic" conservative republicans during the Clinton years.
I support the troops all the way but that doesn't mean I have to kiss Dubya's ass either.

08-06-2005, 04:35 PM
"it's the marines job to fight"--i swear you should go to hell for approving the death sentences of brainwashed 18 yr old kids

Kindly allow me, elpimpo, as a former Marine, to tell you to go fuck yourself.

mookie2001
08-06-2005, 04:43 PM
yeah
elpimpo you antiamerican bastard
if they want to die
let them!
thats what the signed up for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ressurrected One
08-06-2005, 08:03 PM
If the war is justified, all death is worth the price; if not, one death is too many.

Jelly
08-06-2005, 08:55 PM
"it's the marines job to fight"--i swear you should go to hell for approving the death sentences of brainwashed 18 yr old kids

How unbelievably patronizing, condescending, insulting...those all mean basically the same thing but I can't think of enough adjectives to describe what an asshole statement that is. These "brainwashed kids" are probably more man than you'll ever be and you should just get on your knees and thank them having the courage, conviction and character that it takes for choosing this type of life....one that most American men and women are too chicken shit and selfish to ever consider.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-06-2005, 09:04 PM
How unbelievably patronizing, condescending, insulting...those all mean basically the same thing but I can't think of enough adjectives to describe what an asshole statement that is. These "brainwashed kids" are probably more man than you'll ever be and you should just get on your knees and thank them having the courage, conviction and character that it takes for choosing this type of life....one that most American men and women are too chicken shit and selfish to ever consider.
Right, because everyone knows you have to got to war to become a real man...http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

Jelly
08-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Right, because everyone knows you have to got to war to become a real man...http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

they have chosen a career path that takes extraordinary courage and conviction. They should not be patronized and demeaned with references such as "kid" and "brainwashed". People think they are being sympathetic but marines and soldiers find it very insulting.

Jelly
08-06-2005, 09:17 PM
I, for one, am most definitely too chickenshit and selfish (just like most people) to choose such a life, and that's why I have the highest respect for these guys and would NEVER refer to them as "brainwashed kids'

Cant_Be_Faded
08-06-2005, 09:49 PM
but most of them are kids

in my personal experience most people are my age or younger when entering

and in my personal experience, a close friend of mine went from an anti-war anti-bush laid back guy to a HARDCORE pro-bush person in less than a year after training camp

it was weird becuz i knew this guy from 2nd grade and never noticed a change in him so drastic before

MaNuMaNiAc
08-07-2005, 01:02 AM
What's the average age for people entering the army?