PDA

View Full Version : $250 - I Created a New League

Guru of Nothing
08-03-2005, 04:17 PM
I got fed up with Fox/Microsoft, so I went over to AOL and created a new one. Everyone should have received invites via an email. You will be required to create/use an AOL user ID, which I don't expect to be a problem for anyone.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I could not deal with the instability of Fox Sports. The AOL site looks pretty slick (I think I said the same thing about Fox - :shootme) and it too offers FREE live scoring. The scoring rules are much more refined. Please look them over and see if you like them (and make sure I did not typo anything). I think you will like the FGs missed setting Kris.

The draft room puzzles me a little. I won't go into to the live draft room because it warns me not to before everyone is signed up for the league. It looks like we just start it up whenever we want to, unlike other sites that require it be scheduled in advance.

I'll continue to mess around and get myself up to speed on everthing. Feedback and opinions are encouraged.

Kori Ellis
08-03-2005, 04:20 PM
FoxSports has been working fine for me for the last 3 days. What's the problem for you?

Kori Ellis
08-03-2005, 04:22 PM
After you attempt to login and it kicks you back to the main FoxSports screen, just pull down Fantasy/Fantasy Home and then your league/team should be listed.

Guru of Nothing
08-03-2005, 10:33 PM
After you attempt to login and it kicks you back to the main FoxSports screen, just pull down Fantasy/Fantasy Home and then your league/team should be listed.

I'm gonna scream.

I go to the web site, there's the league.

I enter the league .... No problem.

I click on a commish tool, suddenly I need to log in.

Send in request to reset my password. ... answer the email prompt.

Set my password to *******, I get a message, "The new password must be different from the old password.."

The old password that did not work just two minutes prior.

I've just about had it with these guys. This is gross incompetence.

Guru of Nothing
08-04-2005, 07:53 AM
I'll be damned. I can access the league, again, after answering their questionaire regarding my cable and cell phone service, for the 29th time.

I manually set the draft order. Everyone verify they are in the correct spot. I don't see that the draft engine really supports trades, so please, have all trades worked out PRIOR to the draft, because during the draft I want to direct all of my efforts to my draft.

Thanks.

Guru of Nothing
08-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Well, I went to check FoxSports to go over the settings, and again I cannot get to the site. It's my understanding that the site is frequently down due to the fact they are adding "features." I hope they don't add any features on Aug20th.

So, I went to AOL to see who had signed up, and their site it down too.

Anyway, I am going to assume that Fox gets their shit together, and soon too. Unless it just dies, we are committed to te Fox league. Still, I want to encourage everyone to sign up at aol just in case there are problems on draft day, so we will have a backup draft room.

Thanks.