PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Is Chris Bosh the best floor spacing big in the league?

jimbo
02-12-2014, 01:03 AM
Not counting Lebron/Durant since they're the clear cut best everything in the league.

I've been trying to think of a good defensive big who can spread the floor and the best I'm coming up with is Bosh who at least has some defensive strengths. I wonder why there's so many 3 and D guys at SF, but not nearly as many at the 4 or 5.

You've guy guys like: Dirk, Love, LaMarcus that don't play much D. Maybe Ibaka? When he drains jumpshots OKC is :wow. Anthony Davis is bound to be the best one at some point in his career. He already has the skills, but it doesn't look like he looks for his jump shot in any regular places, at least compared to the other guys I mentioned. (just based on their shot charts)

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-12-2014, 01:05 AM
:lol saying Bosh has defensive strengths

:lmao

HarlemHeat37
02-12-2014, 01:09 AM
Offensively, he's too inconsistent to be on the same level as those guys, but as an overall player, he probably is, tbh, other than maybe Ibaka..

Bosh being one of the best pick&roll defenders in the league puts him over the top, as all those guys outside of Ibaka don't play defense(Aldridge does a bit, to be fair)..

Killakobe81
02-12-2014, 01:12 AM
No. Dirk still he in the same tier with Love and LMa ...Love is better from 3. Aldridge at mid-range is better. Bosh second best at both of the 3 ...

ElNono
02-12-2014, 01:14 AM
He is a hardworking player. He puts solid work boxing out and rebounding, and as Harlem said, he's a great P&R defender. It's obvious that as a franchise player he wasn't going to work, but his #2/#3 role suits him well.

spurraider21
02-12-2014, 01:18 AM
It's probably Bosh. Even if his jumper isn't falling he can still be an offensive presence, which I can't usually say the same for Ibaka outside of dunks when he is left uncovered. Bosh's defensive mobility and positioning is huge for Miami. If we are speaking strictly offense as far as floor spacing though, its gotta be Dirk. It's just hard to imagine him in a Bosh role since he's been an alpha for so long

FuzzyLumpkins
02-12-2014, 02:20 AM

Bosh is one of the best perimeter defending bigs (re: pnr) in the NBA. You watched the finals. It is what it it is even if he is the poster child of modern pussyball.

spurraider21
02-12-2014, 02:30 AM
If you think that Bosh is a poor defensive player you probably just scrambled to his season averages and checked his blocks per game as your justification for such a comment

Thread
02-12-2014, 05:35 AM
And Media had him on the gallows...less than a minute from the trap door being triggered.

Then Pop pardoned him.

tee, hee.

LkrFan
02-12-2014, 06:01 AM
He is the best floor spacing big and should be 2nd fiddle. It's been proven: LBM/Bosh without Wade is still a contender. LBM/Wade without Bosh? There is a substantial drop off in their efficiency when Bosh doesn't play.

Bosh is very underrated. As a #1 he's still 20/10. But he eats 3rd when at this stage he's better than Wade. His jumper - which goes out to 3pt land now - gives their entire team space to do what they do. The Lakers should throw the max at him to break them up tbh.

Clipper Nation
02-12-2014, 08:20 AM
The Lakers should throw the max at him
http://i.imgur.com/RQUDFuc.jpg

HarlemHeat37
02-12-2014, 10:24 AM
He is the best floor spacing big and should be 2nd fiddle. It's been proven: LBM/Bosh without Wade is still a contender. LBM/Wade without Bosh? There is a substantial drop off in their efficiency when Bosh doesn't play.

Bosh is very underrated. As a #1 he's still 20/10. But he eats 3rd when at this stage he's better than Wade. His jumper - which goes out to 3pt land now - gives their entire team space to do what they do. The Lakers should throw the max at him to break them up tbh.

I think, or at least I hope, most people are aware that Bosh is the 2nd best player in Miami, tbh..

Thread
02-12-2014, 10:25 AM
I think, or at least I hope, most people are aware that Bosh is the 2nd best player in Miami, tbh..

We're convinced, but, Media certainly could use a refresher.

tee, hee.

Phillip
02-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Going simply by the thread title, it's Dirk and not even close.

But going by your criteria of being stronger defensively and on the boards, then I can't disagree with it being Bosh.

Bosh is not a poor defender at all. He is outweighed by larger guys like Hibbert and Howard, but overall, he is a solid defender, and as Harlem noted, a fantastic PnR defender.

I still strongly feel that if Miami want's to win beyond this season, Wade needs to be made 6th man like Ginobili, and Bosh needs more plays ran to create open looks for him to take more pressure off Lebron.

kobe4life
02-12-2014, 11:01 AM
The only thing Bosh is good at spacing is dicks in his mouth and its because of that he will burn in hell. Just remember Chris god hates fags.

Texas_Ranger
02-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Matt Bonner bitches

Thread
02-12-2014, 11:04 AM
The only thing Bosh is good at spacing is dicks in his mouth and its because of that he will burn in hell. Just remember Chris god hates fags.

In light of Bosh having the wherewithal late June He can damn well make an exception.

spurraider21
02-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Going simply by the thread title, it's Dirk and not even close.

But going by your criteria of being stronger defensively and on the boards, then I can't disagree with it being Bosh.

Bosh is not a poor defender at all. He is outweighed by larger guys like Hibbert and Howard, but overall, he is a solid defender, and as Harlem noted, a fantastic PnR defender.

I still strongly feel that if Miami want's to win beyond this season, Wade needs to be made 6th man like Ginobili, and Bosh needs more plays ran to create open looks for him to take more pressure off Lebron.
I agree with Dirk but it's a matter of semantics. Is the question asking who is the best at simply spacing the floor? In which cases even a guy like Ryan Anderson is in the mix. Or is it asking which floor spacing big is the best player (defense included)

Ace
02-12-2014, 11:15 AM

You obviously don't know shit. He's not a great post defender, yeah, however he is a very good team defender and one of the top PnR defenders in the league.

Clipper Nation
02-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Just remember Chris god hates fags.
You've nary room, your "god" is one....

Thread
02-12-2014, 11:28 AM
You've nary room, your "god" is one....

So is your Tim Duncan.

spurraider21
02-12-2014, 05:20 PM
^watch yourself. Don't be starting that shit again

Thread