PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Vince Carter Top 100 Dunks..

coachmac87
02-12-2014, 01:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT6bV7rSdC0

Truly Half Man...Half Amazing:wow

MeloHype
02-12-2014, 01:51 AM
wow

HarlemHeat37
02-12-2014, 01:55 AM
Greatest of all-time and HOFer, tbh..

Katherine Robinson
02-12-2014, 01:56 AM
His in-game dunks were better than most dunk contest dunks.

coachmac87
02-12-2014, 02:12 AM
His career could've been so much better and truly respected if he ever never played in Toronto...

spurraider21
02-12-2014, 02:34 AM
The dunk on Mourning after the behind the back move... shivers

Killakobe81
02-12-2014, 04:30 AM
GOAT dunker only Nique has a similar dunk contest plus regular season resume.

Thebesteva
02-12-2014, 04:44 AM
Waste of a career, did he at least win a ring with Dallas?

spurraider21
02-12-2014, 04:47 AM
nope. he's been there ever since though

Thebesteva
02-12-2014, 04:53 AM
nope. he's been there ever since though

Wasn't he the faggot that came out and cried after Kobe scored 81?

:'( 81 doesnt make your team better. LOL

FuzzyLumpkins
02-12-2014, 05:18 AM
Wow. I was expecting to come away unimpressed but damn if that man wasn't fearless. Mourning, Wallace, Mutombo, Duncan, Robinson. He went right at the best shotblockers of his era. He made Mutombo his bitch. Tremendous.

Thebesteva
02-12-2014, 05:45 AM
Wow. I was expecting to come away unimpressed but damn if that man wasn't fearless. Mourning, Wallace, Mutombo, Duncan, Robinson. He went right at the best shotblockers of his era. He made Mutombo his bitch. Tremendous.

Who didnt make Mutombo their bitch?

benefactor
02-12-2014, 07:02 AM
Easily the GOAT dunker. His elevation mixed with his fluidity in the air was just unreal. Glad I was alive to see it all in person.

ambchang
02-12-2014, 07:14 AM
Could've won multiple titles if he played with the best frontline in the league. Easily.

Killakobe81
02-12-2014, 08:17 AM
Could've won multiple titles if he played with the best frontline in the league. Easily.

Meh great player but lacking something. Was the same in college. Despite having rasheed jamison stack as teammates he failed to ring in college. Dude is probably a HoF player but can anyone say he maxed his talent? If you put VC on the 2008 Celts for example, I doubt he rings tbh. And Pierce lacked his athletic gifts, but was more clutch.

ambchang
02-12-2014, 08:47 AM
Meh great player but lacking something. Was the same in college. Despite having rasheed jamison stack as teammates he failed to ring in college. Dude is probably a HoF player but can anyone say he maxed his talent? If you put VC on the 2008 Celts for example, I doubt he rings tbh. And Pierce lacked his athletic gifts, but was more clutch.

2008 celtics didn't have the best front court In the league and VC was already way past his prime.

Whether he maxed his talent or not is unimportant, some players are just blessed with so mch that they can still dominate without maxing their potential. (See shaq)

DMC
02-12-2014, 08:54 AM
Why is Vince HOFer? Because of the dunks? Other than popularity votes for ASG, what has he done?

Killakobe81
02-12-2014, 09:09 AM
2008 celtics didn't have the best front court In the league and VC was already way past his prime.

Whether he maxed his talent or not is unimportant, some players are just blessed with so mch that they can still dominate without maxing their potential. (See shaq)

Pierce was at tail end if his and VC is.not much older IIRC though too lazy to look up. Also if Celts did not have best frontline it was close. In 2008 who had better front court than kg, pre ACL Perkins pj brown, Posey and Allen?

ambchang
02-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Pierce was at tail end if his and VC is.not much older IIRC though too lazy to look up. Also if Celts did not have best frontline it was close. In 2008 who had better front court than kg, pre ACL Perkins pj brown, Posey and Allen?

Pierce style of play lasts longer. Honestly I am surprised he's still playing at a respectable level now.

As for 2008, MVPau odom and peanuts is better than anything.

02-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Why is Vince HOFer? Because of the dunks? Other than popularity votes for ASG, what has he done?Doesn't take much to be a HOFer in the NBA :wakeup

Killakobe81
02-12-2014, 10:36 AM
Pierce style of play lasts longer. Honestly I am surprised he's still playing at a respectable level now.

As for 2008, MVPau odom and peanuts is better than anything.

Gtfo in 2008 Bynum was hurt. No way Lamar and Pau who was punked in that series was better than Celts I can't even recall who our third big was ...turiaf? Ariza was also hurt ...or at least limited,so fail. Celts had a better frontline. And again I don't think if you put VC even as explosive as he wasin his prime they don't ring in 2008 ...in fact, maybe hawks or Cavs beat them.

Phillip
02-12-2014, 11:30 AM
I think VC gets a bad rap. Most of his career was spent on truly awful teams. I understand some people will say "if he was so good, he would have made his teams better :cry :cry"

But how much better can you make your team, if your second best contributor ranges from Antonio Davis, to Doug Christie, to Voshon Leonard?

The best #2 option he had was a young T-Mac, who wasn't playing at a very high level yet. However at least during those years they made the playoffs and had a great battle against Philly the year they got to the finals.

Fact is, VC was anywhere from solid to great at basically every aspect of the game. Ball handling, finishing, passing, shooting, defense, rebounding, etc... he could do it all and do it all solidly. His pure natural ability to play the game is probably top 20, maybe top 10 ever. The ONLY aspect of his game that had any sort of weakness was mentally, as you could say that he mentally would check himself out at times. But let's be honest... with teams that awful, who wouldn't? Most of the all time elite players never really had to play with such a poor level of talent. MJ consistently had at least decent talent. Kobe has almost always had great talent, and in the years they didn't, it certainly looked like he quit on the team. Magic, Bird, etc.... always had solid talent surrounding them. Say he switched shoes with Kobe, and had the luxury of having Shaq to play alongside early on, his career would look a whole lot different with some championships on his resume and a level of confidence and swagger that most players don't really have unless they are on teams that can actually contend for championships.

It's impossible to count how many times in all sports, a highly talented player is labeled "a loser" because of his team's lack of success (because in all honesty his team simply sucks through little to no fault of his own), then gets traded to a contending team and suddenly is "rejuvenated" and no longer labeled as a "loser" anymore. Perfect example could actually be Paul Pierce, as some brought up a comparison with his squads (although in a different manner). Pierce had some pretty bad talent surrounding him for much of his career, and in the few years they had remotely decent talent, he made some solid playoff runs, similar to VC. But when it was clear that the team was not going to improve anytime soon, Pierce didn't seem nearly as mentally dialed in, and people started thinking that he "doesn't have what it takes to win". In comes Ray Allen and KG, and suddenly he is labeled "the most clutch player in the league" and "a true leader" and was out there kicking the crap out of people all through the playoffs, draining tough and heavily contested shots right in Joe Johnson's, Lebron's, Rip Hamilton's, and Kobe's face. Does anyone now look back on Pierce as "not having what it takes" mentally, or was it more that he did "not have what it takes" in terms of talent surrounding him?

I strongly feel the same about VC.

whitemamba
02-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Probably the GOAT dunker tbh.

Clipper Nation
02-12-2014, 01:02 PM
:cry "Monkeyball.... not classy like the Spurs!" :cry

/GNSF

ambchang
02-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Gtfo in 2008 Bynum was hurt. No way Lamar and Pau who was punked in that series was better than Celts I can't even recall who our third big was ...turiaf? Ariza was also hurt ...or at least limited,so fail. Celts had a better frontline. And again I don't think if you put VC even as explosive as he wasin his prime they don't ring in 2008 ...in fact, maybe hawks or Cavs beat them.

2008 lakers was a strong frontline.

MVPau > Garnett
Odom > whoever

As for 2001 version on 2008 celtics, they ring for sure. No question. Probably don't have to go seven vs hawks or lakers.

Killakobe81
02-12-2014, 01:31 PM
I think VC gets a bad rap. Most of his career was spent on truly awful teams. I understand some people will say "if he was so good, he would have made his teams better :cry :cry"

But how much better can you make your team, if your second best contributor ranges from Antonio Davis, to Doug Christie, to Voshon Leonard?

The best #2 option he had was a young T-Mac, who wasn't playing at a very high level yet. However at least during those years they made the playoffs and had a great battle against Philly the year they got to the finals.

Fact is, VC was anywhere from solid to great at basically every aspect of the game. Ball handling, finishing, passing, shooting, defense, rebounding, etc... he could do it all and do it all solidly. His pure natural ability to play the game is probably top 20, maybe top 10 ever. The ONLY aspect of his game that had any sort of weakness was mentally, as you could say that he mentally would check himself out at times. But let's be honest... with teams that awful, who wouldn't? Most of the all time elite players never really had to play with such a poor level of talent. MJ consistently had at least decent talent. Kobe has almost always had great talent, and in the years they didn't, it certainly looked like he quit on the team. Magic, Bird, etc.... always had solid talent surrounding them. Say he switched shoes with Kobe, and had the luxury of having Shaq to play alongside early on, his career would look a whole lot different with some championships on his resume and a level of confidence and swagger that most players don't really have unless they are on teams that can actually contend for championships.

It's impossible to count how many times in all sports, a highly talented player is labeled "a loser" because of his team's lack of success (because in all honesty his team simply sucks through little to no fault of his own), then gets traded to a contending team and suddenly is "rejuvenated" and no longer labeled as a "loser" anymore. Perfect example could actually be Paul Pierce, as some brought up a comparison with his squads (although in a different manner). Pierce had some pretty bad talent surrounding him for much of his career, and in the few years they had remotely decent talent, he made some solid playoff runs, similar to VC. But when it was clear that the team was not going to improve anytime soon, Pierce didn't seem nearly as mentally dialed in, and people started thinking that he "doesn't have what it takes to win". In comes Ray Allen and KG, and suddenly he is labeled "the most clutch player in the league" and "a true leader" and was out there kicking the crap out of people all through the playoffs, draining tough and heavily contested shots right in Joe Johnson's, Lebron's, Rip Hamilton's, and Kobe's face. Does anyone now look back on Pierce as "not having what it takes" mentally, or was it more that he did "not have what it takes" in terms of talent surrounding him?

I strongly feel the same about VC.

Great points, he is underrated by some overhyped by others. You bring up Pierce but Pierce had another decent playoff run with Antoine as his #2 a notorious chucker and iffy defe nder. Vc also got to play with a decent nets team as well and did Nada. At his very best I agree he was better than the truth and was a more exciting and dominant player. But that level of VC was brief. For a couple seasons I am sure some Laker or Celts fans would of gladly traded carter for Pierce or Kobe. But again I saw Vince since UNC like I said (and you mentioned) mentally he lacked something ...tmac did too ...both great players though and at their peak absolutely they rivaled or surpassed Kobe/Pierce but they couldn't last. At least vc still helping dem Mavs ...

Oh and fuck yall for making me defend Pierce I hate dat prick I actually prefer VC tbh ...just keeping it real. And I also initially doubted vc hof credentials. But the numbers are hof worthy plus a gold medal, roty and a good not great college career ...I think he sneaks in.

Killakobe81
02-12-2014, 01:39 PM
And goat dunker too pg, blake etc still biting his dunk style he also should get credit as a innovator.

DMC
02-12-2014, 02:38 PM
He was on shitty teams because he chose to be. That's part of what makes a legacy. Let's all give the HOF vote to people who didn't get off the bench as well because they were on stacked teams.

Suspect
02-12-2014, 03:03 PM
DMC seems quite angry

Michael Jordan.
02-12-2014, 03:07 PM
Weren't the Lakers up like 24 in one of those games they lost?

Michael Jordan.
02-12-2014, 03:07 PM
Yeah, don't see what makes Vince a HOFer.

DMC
02-12-2014, 03:11 PM
DMC seems quite angry

Not at all, just disgusted that someone like Vince gets mentioned for HOF just because he's a good dunker. What about Harold Miner?

I think HOF should be reserved for the upper echelon of players and Vince was never even the best in the game. Talented, sure, but never smart enough nor concerned enough to win.

HarlemHeat37
02-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Based on the criteria of the HOF, he should and will make it, tbh..

The HOF isn't exclusive to upper-echelon players..I wouldn't have a problem if it was, but it isn't..there are many players inferior to Carter that are already in the HOF, tbh..

kobe4life
02-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Carter is very overrated player he's not even 1/4 the player Kobe the god is. Vince was as soft as Charmin tissue paper career wise that is why he always choked when it mattered. Carter has a better chance of god sending him to hell then going to the HOF.

spurraider21
02-12-2014, 05:04 PM
I think it would take a really weak class for Carter to sneak in one year

FuzzyLumpkins
02-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Who didnt make Mutombo their bitch?

the Supersonics?

Thebesteva
02-12-2014, 07:46 PM
the Supersonics?

But one of the top 2 Xbox unlocked achievment awards for most players was to dunk over Dikembe or Yao. Most guys did.