PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Which WC first round matchups would you most like to see?

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2014, 11:46 PM
(1) OKC vs (8) Memphis...It's been a great matchup their previous 2 PO meetings, and this should be no different
(2) SA vs (7) Dallas...great rivalry the last 13-14 years, the vitriol will make this board fun to read from an outside perspective
(3) Portland vs (6) Golden State...two best HCAs, lots of exciting young talent
(4) Houston vs (5) LAC...star-studded matchup, Rockets trying to make an arrival while Clippers try to win their 3rd PO series in LAC history.

Phoenix is a nice story but they're playing way over their heads and would likely get swept in POs.

HarlemHeat37
02-12-2014, 11:50 PM
From a Spurs fan perspective:

1- Thunder vs. 8- Warriors..Golden State plays them tightly, they could challenge them in the 1st round, tbh..

2- SA vs. 7- Mavs or Grizzlies..would be the easiest matchups for the Spurs, they probably win in 5..

3- Clippers vs. 6- Grizzlies..obvious reasons:lol..

4- Blazers vs. 5- Rockets..entertaining series, keeps them both out of the Spurs bracket:lol..

Robz4000
02-12-2014, 11:50 PM
^Basically that

Killakobe81
02-12-2014, 11:52 PM
(1) OKC vs (8) Memphis...It's been a great matchup their previous 2 PO meetings, and this should be no different
(2) SA vs (7) Dallas...great rivalry the last 13-14 years, would make this board fun to read from an outside perspective
(3) Portland vs (6) Golden State...two best HCAs, lots of exciting young talent
(4) Houston vs (5) LAC...star-studded matchup, Rockets trying to make an arrival while Clippers try to win their 3rd PO series in LAC history.

Phoenix is a nice story but they're playing way over their heads and would likely get swept in POs.

No Memphis please ... Gasol is not 100% healthy ...
unless it's a rematch with CLips or Spurs no bueno.

Cant probably happen this way but I am hoping:

OKC vs. GSW (their games have been great this year)
Hou vs. Dallas Mavs zone vs. Harden and Dwight
Sa vs. PHX (can we trade Nash there for old-times sake? dragic vs. Parker
CLips vs. Blazers (at least one of these first round floppers wil advance) Lilard vs. paul Blake vs. LMA

Xylus
02-12-2014, 11:54 PM
(1) OKC vs (8) Golden State --> Bombs away
(2) SA vs (7) Dallas --> For obvious reasons
(3) Portland vs (6) Phoenix --> Both teams are offense-oriented, love the 3-ball, dynamic guards all over the fucking court
(4) LAC vs (5) Houston --> Just so that one of them is guaranteed to go home early. Fuck both these teams.

Doubt it'll play out that way, but we'll see.

Mugen
02-12-2014, 11:55 PM
-Spurs/Mavs wouldn't be much of a series IMO. Match up very well with Dallas
-Agree w/ OKC v GS as being the most entertaining possibility.
-PHX v POR would be interesting as the Suns have played the flukey Blazer squad well this year.
-LAC v HOU would be fun as well for the amount of annoying, faggy players participating tbh

KaiRMD1
02-12-2014, 11:58 PM
Those are all great matchups and I would watch all of them. East is pointless until conference finals as always

Xylus
02-12-2014, 11:59 PM
Those are all great matchups and I would watch all of them. East is pointless until conference finals as always

Couldn't agree more, ol' sport :toast

lefty
02-13-2014, 12:02 AM
I want to see Dragic destroy Enrique (again)

elmanutres
02-13-2014, 12:04 AM
1) spurs v. dallas- a classic wc rivalry. It should be fun going against dallas again. Would bring back alot of the nostalgia of the battles we had long ago. Although dallas is pretty weak and would get handed by the spurs, it would still be fun to watch for old times sake.

2)OKC vs. San Antonio- We got revenge against the grizz last year, now I want some okc blood. Basically the 2 top dogs of the west. We have gotten waaaaaay better since 2012. And okc made themselves beatable after trading harden. Which means I see these 2 having an epic western showdown in the wcf.

3).clippers vs. GS- The meetings between these 2 this year were pretty intense, i can only imagine what would happen if these guys met up in the playoffs.

4) okc v. houston- It's interesting seeing harden against his old team. Will also be fun to see that mental midget dwight crumble

5) spurs vs golden state- lets be honest, this was the real western conference finals last year. Not that beat down you saw against the grizz. I'm sure this year would be just as interesting.

Xylus
02-13-2014, 12:04 AM
lefty:

I'd love to see that, too, but Old Man Duncan could be wearing Depends and drinking Metamucil and he'd still dominate our frontline.

DeadlyDynasty
02-13-2014, 12:13 AM
How sweet would it be to see Blair go HAM on the Spurs?:lol

Xylus
02-13-2014, 12:14 AM
4) okc v. houston- It's interesting seeing harden against his old team. Will also be fun to see that mental midget dwight crumble

Watching Dwight melt down would be fun, but watching 100 FTA per game wouldn't.

elmanutres
02-13-2014, 12:15 AM
Watching Dwight melt down would be fun, but watching 100 FTA per game wouldn't.

Fuck you are right. Forgot you have thunder refs and harden refs all over this shit.

Idk i guess i would replace it with sa v phx, for old times sake.

irishock
02-13-2014, 12:16 AM
There's not a single non-entertaining match-up possible in the West, tbh....

I wish the playoff format would be changed so we could see Heat vs GSW or vs the Clippers, tbh...

Rogue
02-13-2014, 12:17 AM
Mavs-OKC matchup would be a close one this season, unlike neither of their past meetings imho.

TDMVPDPOY
02-13-2014, 12:18 AM
anyone vs the spurs that exposes enrique is in my book worth watchin

more material to lay a shit

baseline bum
02-13-2014, 12:28 AM
1) spurs v. dallas- a classic wc rivalry. It should be fun going against dallas again. Would bring back alot of the nostalgia of the battles we had long ago. Although dallas is pretty weak and would get handed by the spurs, it would still be fun to watch for old times sake.

2)OKC vs. San Antonio- We got revenge against the grizz last year, now I want some okc blood. Basically the 2 top dogs of the west. We have gotten waaaaaay better since 2012. And okc made themselves beatable after trading harden. Which means I see these 2 having an epic western showdown in the wcf.

3).clippers vs. GS- The meetings between these 2 this year were pretty intense, i can only imagine what would happen if these guys met up in the playoffs.

5) spurs vs golden state- lets be honest, this was the real western conference finals last year. Not that beat down you saw against the grizz. I'm sure this year would be just as interesting.

Why would Spurs fan want any part of OKC this year?

DeadlyDynasty
02-13-2014, 12:30 AM
:lolI was wondering the same

elmanutres
02-13-2014, 12:32 AM

For a shot at revenge. We are gonna meet up with them whether you like it or not. If not them then the blazers. If that's the case, which is, then I'll go against the team that knocked us out a few years ago to get payback. Besides, spurs would do worse against portland. They kicked our asses even when they sucked. At least okc doesn't have harden anymore.

baseline bum
02-13-2014, 12:39 AM
For a shot at revenge. We are gonna meet up with them whether you like it or not. If not them then the blazers. If that's the case, which is, then I'll go against the team that knocked us out a few years ago to get payback. Besides, spurs would do worse against portland. They kicked our asses even when they sucked. At least okc doesn't have harden anymore.

Spurs didn't have to meet up with them last year, which was fine by me.

elmanutres
02-13-2014, 12:45 AM
Spurs didn't have to meet up with them last year, which was fine by me.

We're are talking about this year. That's last year. They didn't have westbrook against memphis last year. I knew they wouldn't last against the grizzlies last year. It's either them or the blazers. I rather go against okc. Blazers will kill us. The only hope with we have with the blazers is hope the lack of vet leadership and playoff experience get to them.

djohn2oo8
02-13-2014, 12:47 AM
We're are talking about this year. That's last year. They didn't have westbrook against memphis last year. I knew they wouldn't last against the grizzlies last year. It's either them or the blazers. I rather go against okc. Blazers will kill us. The only hope with we have with the blazers is hope the lack of vet leadership and playoff experience get to them.
Spurs would beat Portland. OKC would murder the Spurs.

BUMP
02-13-2014, 12:49 AM
tbh

IwrstxuicZk

Jacob1983
02-13-2014, 12:49 AM
I want to see my Mavs play the Blazers in the first round. I think out of the Spurs, Thunder, and Blazers, my Mavs would have the best shot of an upset against the Blazers. The Blazers are pretenders.

SupremeGuy
02-13-2014, 12:50 AM
Holy shit, the Mavs have a chance to make the playoffs? Haven't found them relevant in two years. That'd be a great warmup for the Spurs, tbh.

Jacob1983
02-13-2014, 12:55 AM
My Mavs are the last team to beat the Heat in the playoffs. Spurs pussied out against them in the Finals but not my Mavs. I love that.

elmanutres
02-13-2014, 12:56 AM
Spurs would beat Portland. OKC would murder the Spurs.

idk dude. Portland scares me. Portland has consistently kicked our asses the past couple years even when they sucked ass. And I'm not saying going against okc will be easy. You are talking about a potential 7 game series were we are both closely even or them sweeping us. We ain't sweeping okc that's for sure. Back in 2012 i said to myself the spurs are done cause they had a spurs killer in harden in their team. He's the guy that killed the spurs that series. But when he left, all it meant was that okc became beatable. Like i said, I can only hope Portland's lack of playoff experience get s to them. If i know that will happen for sure then yea i'll go against portland. But we won't know until it really happens.

BUMP
02-13-2014, 01:02 AM
I want to see my Mavs play the Blazers in the first round. I think out of the Spurs, Thunder, and Blazers, my Mavs would have the best shot of an upset against the Blazers. The Blazers are pretenders.

^YO

check my response in that one depressing thread you made last month

BUMP
02-13-2014, 01:03 AM
My Mavs are the last team to beat the Heat in the playoffs. Spurs pussied out against them in the Finals but not my Mavs. I love that.

^YO

check my response in that one depressing thread you made last month

lefty
02-13-2014, 01:05 AM
lefty (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6896):

I'd love to see that, too, but Old Man Duncan could be wearing Depends and drinking Metamucil and he'd still dominate our frontline.
:lol

Yeah Spurs should win, but I still want to see TP getting exposed

sook
02-13-2014, 01:05 AM
Memphis, OKC, and LAC I want no part of. LAC would be the most preferrable out of all of them but still..

ezau
02-13-2014, 02:57 AM

True. Spurs should stay away from OKC until the WCF, tbh. In a perfect world, the Spurs should play against Dallas (first round), Memphis (second round), and OKC (WCF). Of course, it would even be better if another team takes down OKC in the earlier rounds, but I just don't see it.

Leon Black
02-13-2014, 04:45 AM
Houston vs Dallas
GS vs SA (GSW wins in 5)

Kamnik
02-13-2014, 06:06 AM

Basically this... East is boring beyond measure in regular season and also in the playoffs until the conference finals.

In the west... top 10 teams all play good (watchable) basketball.

JohnnyMax
02-13-2014, 07:28 AM
LAC vs Dal - They seem to hate eachother
LAC vs Mem - Rematch
LAC vs Golden State - They hate eachother from regular season meetings

OKC vs Spurs - Every Spurs fans nightmare. Reggie Jackson is the new Spurs killer.
OKC vs Hou - Chimp vs Beverley
OKC vs LAC - Spear chucker vs Griffin

Spurs vs Portland - someone mentioned these guys own you
Spurs vs Golden State - Rematch
Spurs vs Miami - I know its not Western conference but I would love to see this rematch

02-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Lol @ people thinking the Spurs are going to lose to any of the teams. We will not be denied this year tbh The big three's first finals loss is just going to light a fire under then. The role players too, even Mills, who was on the bench. They were so close, I don't see them going down, barring injury.

Rogue
02-13-2014, 10:12 AM
Guest team dropping to #5 is bad news for teams on the lower half of playoff table (since the guest team is "clearly" the easiest potential opponent among the top 4 teams (if not all 8 playoff teams), but the good news is their place has been ceded to the Lockets, rather than Mavs or Monkeyball.

I'm happy with the current standings anyway, and I wish the regular season will end this way so in the first round alone we'll be able to post this gif at least 4 times (if not in a row)

http://i2.wp.com/www.beyondthebuzzer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mavssmash.gif?resize=500%2C282

djohn2oo8
02-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Guest team dropping to #5 is bad news for teams on the lower half of playoff table (since the guest team is "clearly" the easiest potential opponent among the top 4 teams (if not all 8 playoff teams), but the good news is their place has been ceded to the Lockets, rather than Mavs or Monkeyball.

I'm happy with the current standings anyway, and I wish the regular season will end this way so in the first round alone we'll be able to post this gif at least 4 times (if not in a row)

http://i2.wp.com/www.beyondthebuzzer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mavssmash.gif?resize=500%2C282
:lol It wouldn't end up well for your boys in blue.

Thread
02-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Lakers Vs. SpursPERIOD

Leon Black
02-13-2014, 03:32 PM
will not be denied this year tbh The

lol

Leon Black
02-13-2014, 03:34 PM
:lol It wouldn't end up well for your boys in blue.

Not one Mavs fan who's afraid to draw the Rockets in the first round lol. It's their best match up tbh

Thread
02-13-2014, 03:34 PM
Lol @ people thinking the Spurs are going to lose to any of the teams. We will not be denied this year tbh The big three's first finals loss is just going to light a fire under then. The role players too, even Mills, who was on the bench. They were so close, I don't see them going down, barring injury.

I fear it like the plague, but, not quite as much as rabies.

Trainwreck2100
02-13-2014, 03:35 PM
Clipps vs Memphis is always hilarious

djohn2oo8
02-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Not one Mavs fan who's afraid to draw the Rockets in the first round lol. It's their best match up tbh
You a Mavfan now, Tacker?

Thread
02-13-2014, 05:12 PM
You a Mavfan now, Tacker (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11534)?

Don't start that (Tacker) shit again, dj. I'm beggin' ya.