PDA

View Full Version : Was 2013 the most suck a movie year on record?

MultiTroll
02-13-2014, 12:13 PM
I don't follow the smaller indies as much as i'd like.

But as for mainstream Hollywood, the sucks just keep on comin.

Clipper Nation
02-13-2014, 12:22 PM
The mainstream movie industry only makes sequels anymore because original movies don't sell merchandise in China, tbh....

The Gemini Method
02-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Naw not the worst--but chockfull of movies about excess and social commentary--12 Years a Slave a real look at slavery and not some Mammyfication of the darkest period of Amurica's existence. Wolf of Wall Street's largesse and greed with American Hustle (largesse, greed, government involvement). Nebraska and its wishful reliance on the dream of being rich overnight though life is never that way for the overall majority. Captain Phillips a off-hand show of what American influence and the Americana Heroic theme. Even Blue Jasmine got some neg publicity due to the fact its director, who is heralded by Hollywood for banging and marrying his adopted daughter. It's been a top heavy year in my opinion but not at all the worst on record.

Rogue
02-13-2014, 08:27 PM
Agree 100%. Waiting the whole year for a Goddess film until the end of year, then we got a big piece of wet shit that Don Jon is. Her is a great film but it only led to the worst snub in Hollywood history (Goddess not being nominated for Oscar for this film :cry)

DeadlyDynasty
02-13-2014, 09:06 PM
300 being a moderate success a few years back is one of the worst things to happen to the mainstream movie industry...now you see 300 sequels, Hercules, Pompeii, and other bullshit of that ilk

DMC
02-13-2014, 09:52 PM
I think we demand too much. In the past we watched a couple movies a year. Now we need a new one every day.

TDMVPDPOY
02-14-2014, 11:41 PM
1 - run out of ideas
2 - remakes are shitter then originals
3 - era of douchebag actors

ChumpDumper
02-15-2014, 04:25 PM
I think the big blockbusters disappointed more often than not, and that might color perception of the entire year. Always good movies to find though.

Wild Cobra
02-15-2014, 04:29 PM
Creativity is simply dying out.

ChumpDumper
02-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Nah, it's just constricted by the business. Too much money at risk to allow a greater degree of creativity.

Even when studios think they are playing it safe creatively, they can lose in a huge way.