PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Lebron is the greatest of all time, tbh.

AchillesHeel
02-13-2014, 01:20 PM
Just 15 days ago, he stared down the possibility of a season-ending loss in the Eastern Conference finals, tallying 32 points, eight rebounds and four assists to send the Pacers packing in Game 7. And, two years ago, James and the Heat took the court in Miami under virtually identical circumstances to their current predicament, trailing the Mavericks 3-2 in the 2011 Finals before losing Game 6 and conceding the title.
Tuesday will mark the 12th elimination game of James’ career. Through the first 11 games, James’ teams have a 5-6 record, and he has posted averages of 31.5 points, 10 rebounds and 6.4 assists per game. Some of the best performances of James’ career have come with his back against the proverbial wall: Game 6 against the Celtics in last year’s Eastern Conference finals (45 points and 15 rebounds), Game 5 against the Magic in the 2009 Eastern Conference finals (a 37/14/12 triple-double) and Game 7 against the Celtics in the 2008 Eastern Conference semifinals (45/5/6 in a loss), to name three.

He's now 6-6 in elimination games and his averages are even better. Name me one other player with better numbers in elimination games, tbh.

spurraider21
02-13-2014, 01:25 PM
Once MJ was in his prime he didn't really have elimination games :lol

jdiggy0424
02-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Jeez some people are so quick to annoint Lebron as the GOAT when he's only won two rings smh.

jdiggy0424
02-13-2014, 01:32 PM
I really hope your not serious.

Clipper Nation
02-13-2014, 01:33 PM
LeGOAT, tbh....

irishock
02-13-2014, 01:38 PM
LeBron James Elimination Game Averages:
31.9 PPG, 10.1 RPG, 6.5 APG, 1.4 SPG, .6 BPG, 4.5 TOPG, 46.5 FG%, 31.4 3P%, 73.8 FT%

Michael Jordan Elimination Game Averages:
31.3 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 7.0 APG, 2.1 SPG, 1.0 BPG, 4.2 TOPG, 45.8 FG%, 33.3 3P%, 75.7 FT%

He's got him. After it's all said and done, there will be no argument, tbh....

testies
02-13-2014, 01:42 PM
lol, bronbron will never get a 3rd ring, and he didn't even deserve the 2nd

he's not inferior to Jordan, he's ABSURDLY inferior to him

Clipper Nation
02-13-2014, 01:47 PM
:lol Butthurt GNSF and Jordan Jockers

lefty
02-13-2014, 01:48 PM
OP :lol

jdiggy0424
02-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Lol at creating a thread that has people replying with "when it's all said and done", when Jordan already did it :lmao

AchillesHeel
02-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Too easy, tbh.

jdiggy0424
02-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Bottom line: He (Lebron) may very well be the most gifted athlete in the history of the game, but that does not automatically make him the greatest. He lost his chance at being the greatest when he left Cleveland to join Wade's team.

Oh how people are quick to forget.

AchillesHeel
02-13-2014, 01:54 PM
Bottom line: He (Lebron) may very well be the most gifted athlete in the history of the game, but that does not automatically make him the greatest. He lost his chance at being the greatest when he left Cleveland to join Wade's team.

Oh how people are quick to forget.

Wade 15 ppg in the Playoffs last year, can barely stay on the court this year. Lebron just had a huge game and hit a GW on a step back 3. GOAT, tbh.

Sean Cagney
02-13-2014, 01:55 PM
No he is not. Jordans finals stats are what you should look at, post his finals stats and then you will see there is no comparison yet. Jordan also had ridiculous playoff averages as well! Jordan would not average less than 2 pts in the forth quarter of a finals series like Lebron did against the Mavs, NEVER. He has a wayyyyyyyyys to go to get on MJ's level, not quite there yet.

jdiggy0424
02-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Wade 15 ppg in the Playoffs last year, can barely stay on the court this year. Lebron just had a huge game and hit a GW on a step back 3. GOAT, tbh.

Yeah can barely stand on the court this year, despite him haveing a career year in shooting percentage. You are obviously still clinging to the massive erection you received last night after watching Lebron drain that 3, which is no suprise because it was a hell of a shot. But to be so quick and deem Lebron as the GOAT, from a regular season game?

Come on dude I expect better. As always:

6>2

jdiggy0424
02-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Lets bring this topic up again when he gets at least 4 rings.

spurraider21
02-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Jordan Jockers
Are Lebron jockers any better tbh?

Clipper Nation
02-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Are Lebron jockers any better tbh?
The only player fans worse than the Jordan Jockers are the Kirby stans :lol

AchillesHeel
02-13-2014, 02:09 PM
Yeah can barely stand on the court this year, despite him haveing a career year in shooting percentage. You are obviously still clinging to the massive erection you received last night after watching Lebron drain that 3, which is no suprise because it was a hell of a shot. But to be so quick and deem Lebron as the GOAT, from a regular season game?

Come on dude I expect better. As always:

6>2

Wade is more efficient in a reduced role? You don't say. Lowest FGA since his rookie season. The dude has missed how many games this season? Now he has a nerve issue in his leg, it keeps getting worse for him every single year.

Compare King's 2013 cast to anything of MJ's, MJ has the better coach and the better robin, bar none.

It's laughable to compare MJ's Finals stats to Lebron's, when MJ faced worse defenses in the Finals his entire career, the best defensive team he faced had a Drtg of 102.

MeloHype
02-13-2014, 02:15 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2gd0m0lBR1qe1pkvo1_500.gif

jimbo
02-13-2014, 02:46 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2gd0m0lBR1qe1pkvo1_500.gif

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/bill-russell-bored-at-game-7.gif

jdiggy0424
02-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Wade is more efficient in a reduced role? You don't say. Lowest FGA since his rookie season. The dude has missed how many games this season? Now he has a nerve issue in his leg, it keeps getting worse for him every single year.

Compare King's 2013 cast to anything of MJ's, MJ has the better coach and the better robin, bar none.

It's laughable to compare MJ's Finals stats to Lebron's, when MJ faced worse defenses in the Finals his entire career, the best defensive team he faced had a Drtg of 102.

Are you seriously neglecting the fact that the Eastern Conference teams that LBJ has faced in his multiple trips to the finals (outside of the 08-10 Celtics) are severely inferior to the teams that MJ faced? Its pretty been a cakewalk to the ECF for LBJ for the past 6 years.

And while I agree that Pippen @ 32 was better than (in my opinion) than Wade is currently, lets not dismiss the talent of Wade. We all know that he coasts during the regular season but come playoff time he always has an alpha mindset. Just because he averages 15ppg during the playoffs doesnt mean he doesn't affect the game in many ways that doesn't show on the box score. He is still a premier perimeter defender (just ask Danny Green during Game 6 and 7) and always turns it up in the 4th when it matters most.

As for coaching yes Phil is the superior coach, but Spoelstra has made strides especially during their previous playoff runs. and remember, Phil was an unkown until Michael showed up. The same should apply to Lebron and Spoelstra.

I seriously hope you are trolling because if you fully believe that at this point Lebron>Jordan, I need to have whatever it is your smoking.

AchillesHeel
02-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Are you seriously neglecting the fact that the Eastern Conference teams that LBJ has faced in his multiple trips to the finals (outside of the 08-10 Celtics) are severely inferior to the teams that MJ faced? Its pretty been a cakewalk to the ECF for LBJ for the past 6 years.

And while I agree that Pippen @ 32 was better than (in my opinion) than Wade is currently, lets not dismiss the talent of Wade. We all know that he coasts during the regular season but come playoff time he always has an alpha mindset. Just because he averages 15ppg during the playoffs doesnt mean he doesn't affect the game in many ways that doesn't show on the box score. He is still a premier perimeter defender (just ask Danny Green during Game 6 and 7) and always turns it up in the 4th when it matters most.

As for coaching yes Phil is the superior coach, but Spoelstra has made strides especially during their previous playoff runs. and remember, Phil was an unkown until Michael showed up. The same should apply to Lebron and Spoelstra.

I seriously hope you are trolling because if you fully believe that at this point Lebron>Jordan, I need to have whatever it is your smoking.

Dude. Wade is NOT coasting. You saw him in the Playoffs last year. The man is worn down, he's having career-ending issues with his knees and his foot. This is not a fucking joke. Lebron won a title with Wade playing below all-star level in the Playoffs and Bosh scoring 0 points in Game 7 of the Finals. If you think Lebron had a lot of help last year you're delusional.

The teams that MJ faced though? How many of them do you remember without googling? Maybe the Jazz and the 91 Lakers in the Finals? Lebron beat the Thunder in 2012 with KD averaging 30 ppg on above 50% shooting, he beat Tim Duncan, who is arguably a top 5 all-time player in the Finals. How the hell aren't they comparable to teams that MJ faced?

Bron has been at his best with his back against the wall, for the past 2 years, he's had to drag his team to a victory being down 2-3 in a series, 2012 vs Celtics Game 6 he had one of the greatest Playoff games EVER, 2013 he had the Headband game, 32 point triple double in the Finals.

spurraider21
02-13-2014, 03:02 PM
The only player fans worse than the Jordan Jockers are the Kirby stans :lol
so basically the "good jockers" are the group you are a part of and the "bad jockers" are the ones who disagree with you lol

AchillesHeel
02-13-2014, 03:04 PM
so basically the "good jockers" are the group you are a part of and the "bad jockers" are the ones who disagree with you lol

Exactly. All you non-believers are faggots.

spurraider21
02-13-2014, 03:05 PM
Exactly. All you non-believers are faggots.
ok, catholic church

Clipper Nation
02-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Not my fault that two of my least favorite players of all time happen to have the most delusional and annoying fanbases :lol

thunderup
02-13-2014, 03:15 PM

ok, catholic church
http://www.bonappetit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/boys-eating-ice-cream.jpg

JoeTait75
02-13-2014, 03:30 PM

The East was the inferior conference for most of MJ's title run as well, once the Bad Boy Pistons fell off. I really don't think that the teams MJ beat in the EC playoffs (Cavaliers, Knicks, Heat, Magic) were as good as the top teams in the West.

jdiggy0424
02-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Dude. Wade is NOT coasting. You saw him in the Playoffs last year. The man is worn down, he's having career-ending issues with his knees and his foot. This is not a fucking joke. Lebron won a title with Wade playing below all-star level in the Playoffs and Bosh scoring 0 points in Game 7 of the Finals. If you think Lebron had a lot of help last year you're delusional.

The teams that MJ faced though? How many of them do you remember without googling? Maybe the Jazz and the 91 Lakers in the Finals? Lebron beat the Thunder in 2012 with KD averaging 30 ppg on above 50% shooting, he beat Tim Duncan, who is arguably a top 5 all-time player in the Finals. How the hell aren't they comparable to teams that MJ faced?

Bron has been at his best with his back against the wall, for the past 2 years, he's had to drag his team to a victory being down 2-3 in a series, 2012 vs Celtics Game 6 he had one of the greatest Playoff games EVER, 2013 he had the Headband game, 32 point triple double in the Finals.

Teams that MJ faced in playoffs without googling: Jazz (97 specifically when Malone won the MVP), Suns (MVP year for Barkley, where MJ averaged close to 40ppg), Sonics (Prime Payton and Kemp, Detlepf Shremp, kendall Gill, Sam Perkins and Geroge Karl as the coach), Bad Boy Pistons, Bad Boy Version II Knicks, Atlanta Hawks with Wilkins, Blazers with Drexler, oh and I haven't even mentioned the Magic (the only team that truly "beat" the Bulls, even though MJ came back from retirement no less than 3 months earlier) and I'm pretty sure Im still missing the Lakers, Rockets with Hakeem, Barkler and Drexler amongst others.

Most of the top 50 players of all time Mj faced against minus a prime Hakeem and he still curbstomped them. The only relevant teams Lebron has faced:

Pacers- A team that for whatever reason has been the only competition in the East because of the lack of talent these days. While there is no denying the coaching excellence of Vogel, they are no where near on par than any of those teams listed above. Paul George wouldnt even crack the Top 60 players of all time at this point.
Pistons- Never the same team after Lebron had that stellar 45/46 point game 5 against them.
Celtics- While a great team in their own right Lebron only won against them after establishing the superfriends and them being on their last legs sure they took them to Game 7 in 2012, with a stellar performance from Lebron, but they had no business even making it to a Game 7. this series should of been over in 5.
Thunder-A young and unexperienced Thunder team, they had the jitters. Of course Lebron took advantage seeing how it was his 3rd fucking finals appearance. Not taking anything away from him, but KD was nowhere near as good as he was then as he is now. He is a better playmaker. Oh and Ibaka is now finally a great 3rd banana, and Russell understands when to shoot and when to defer. If they meet this year it was not be the same series.
Mavs- It took Dirk going full blown Super Saiyan for them to even reach the finals. Lebron choked when it mattered. Nuff said. (*He has been way more clutch since then, but the fact is he did choke in that series*
Spurs-It took all the dominoes falling for the Spurs (Westbrook injury, no injury issues minus Parkers hamstring tweaking in Game 6, but hey lets forget about that right) for them to make the Finals. Duncan is NO WAY IN HELL as good as he was 10 years prior, yet still managed to carry his team, and would have won it too but it took 1 miraculuous and possibly one of the greatest shots ive ever witnessed from....wait for it.....wait for it....RAY FUCKING JESUS SHUTTLESWORTH ALLEN NOT LEBRON for it to even go to overtime. Don't you ever mention this as the "headband game" again this was "The Shot"

This debate was never about whether or not Lebron was an all time great. It was you proclaiming him as the best ever. I hope you educate yourself further on basketball and try not let the door hit you on the way out. Peace.

jdiggy0424
02-13-2014, 03:48 PM
The East was the inferior conference for most of MJ's title run as well, once the Bad Boy Pistons fell off. I really don't think that the teams MJ beat in the EC playoffs (Cavaliers, Knicks, Heat, Magic) were as good as the top teams in the West.

I agree to an extent. I will say however this is the best crop of talent weve seen from the west in a long time. I firmly believe that at least 4-5 teams have a shot at winning the title from the West.

Killakobe81
02-13-2014, 03:51 PM
Lebron needs at least 5 to surpass MJ ... if it's close rings wise Lebron may get that edge he may not need 6. Byut he sure aint the GOAT with only two.

spurraider21
02-13-2014, 03:56 PM
http://www.bonappetit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/boys-eating-ice-cream.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j79/sohopixie6/aug08/nikkidog.jpg

AchillesHeel
02-13-2014, 03:56 PM
Yawn. No one's had a convincing argument so far, Lebron remains the GOAT, tbh.

Killakobe81
02-13-2014, 03:59 PM

No one has to, you stepped out and made a bold statement. The general basketball public over the age of 25 that actually saw Mj play needs convincing.

spurraider21
02-13-2014, 03:59 PM
if pop didn't go full retard/ray allen making the greatest shot in finals history, there would be literally no argument for this. granted those things happened, and now he's a 2x champ and fMVP. but you should put that into perspective too

AchillesHeel
02-13-2014, 04:01 PM
No one has to, you stepped out and made a bold statement. The general basketball public over the age of 25 that actually saw Mj play needs convincing.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/zehSKo5CJWY/hqdefault.jpg

AchillesHeel
02-13-2014, 04:01 PM
if pop didn't go full retard/ray allen making the greatest shot in finals history, there would be literally no argument for this. granted those things happened, and now he's a 2x champ and fMVP. but you should put that into perspective too

But it did happen, Lebron the GOAT.

spurraider21
02-13-2014, 04:03 PM
But it did happen, Lebron the GOAT.
thank you for acknowledging what i said. i said "those things happened, and now he's a 2x champ and fMVP" so you really aren't refuting anything i said. you are just echoing part of my comment

Phillip
02-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Teams tha:cryt MJ faced in playoffs without googling: Jazz (97 specifically when Malone won the MVP), Suns (MVP year for Barkley, where MJ averaged close to 40ppg), Sonics (Prime Payton and Kemp, Detlepf Shremp, kendall Gill, Sam Perkins and Geroge Karl as the coach), Bad Boy Pistons, Bad Boy Version II Knicks, Atlanta Hawks with Wilkins, Blazers with Drexler, oh and I haven't :cryeven mentioned the Magic (the only team that truly "beat" the Bulls, even though MJ came back from retirement no less than 3 months earlier) and I'm pretty sure Im still missin:cryg the Lakers, Rockets with Hakeem, Barkler and Drexler amongst others.

Most of the top 50 players of al:cryl time Mj faced against minus a prime Hakeem and he still curbstomped them. The only relevant teams Lebron has faced:

Pacers- A team that for whatever reason has been the only competition in the East because of the lack of talent these days. While there is no denying the coaching excellence of Vo:crygel, they are no where near on par than an:cryy of those teams listed above. Paul George wouldnt even crack the Top 60 players of all time at this point.
Pistons- Never the same team after:cry Lebron had that stellar 45/46 point game 5 against them.
Celtics- While a great team in their own right Lebron only won against them after establishing the superfriends and them being on their last legs sure they took them to Game 7 in 2012, with a stellar performance from Lebron, but they had no business even making it to a Game 7. this series should of been over in 5.
Thunder-A young and unexperienced Thunder team, they had the jitters. Of course Lebron took advantage seeing how it was his 3rd fucking final:crys appearance. Not taking anything away from him, but KD was nowhere near as good as he was then as he is now. :cryHe is a better playmaker. Oh and Ibaka is now finally a great 3rd banana, and Russell understands when to shoot and when to defer. If they meet this year it was not be the same series.:cry
Mavs- It too:cryk Dirk going full blown Super Saiyan for them to even reach the finals. Lebron choked when it mattered. Nuff said. (*He has been way more clutch since then, but the fact is he did choke in that series*
Spurs-It took all the dominoes falling for the Spurs (Westbrook injury, no injury issues minus Parkers hamstring tweaking in Game 6, but hey lets forget about that right) for them to make the Finals. Duncan is NO WAY IN HELL as good as he was 10 years prior, yet still managed to carry his team, and would have won it too but it took 1 miraculuous and possibly one of the greatest shots ive ever witnessed from....wait for it.....wait for it....RAY FUCKING JESUS SHUTTLES:cryWORTH ALLEN NOT LEBRON for :cryit to even go to overtime. Don't you ever mention this as the "headband game" again this was "The Shot"

This debate was never about whether or not Lebron was an all time great. It was you proclaiming him as the best ever. I hope you educate your:cryself further on basketball and try not let the door hit you on the way out. Peace.:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

:lmao retarded

gnsf0946
02-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Heel trolling niggas left and right without them even noticing.

Killakobe81
02-13-2014, 04:04 PM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/zehSKo5CJWY/hqdefault.jpg

thing is I didnt really like MJ until late in his career. I have said many times on here I hope he DOES surpass MJ because the MJ lovers act like he can never be touched. But by saying he ALREADY is GOAT you just adding more fuel for the Lebron haters. He may get there but I won't give it to him until he deserves it.

I also praised Lebron in the game thread last night. but you just went too far.

AchillesHeel
02-13-2014, 04:06 PM
thing is I didnt really like MJ until late in his career. I have said many times on here I hope he DOES surpass MJ because the MJ lovers act like he can never be touched. But by saying he ALREADY is GOAT you just adding more fuel for the Lebron haters. He may get there but I won't give it to him until he deserves it.

I also praised Lebron in the game thread last night. but you just went too far.

How?

RsxPiimp
02-13-2014, 04:18 PM
I have come to appreciate Lebron, he's really a special player. It took a while for me to realize how amazing he is. All facets of the game, he's just phenomenal. But, lets call a spade a spade. He's not passing Jordan in both legacy or accomplishments. Winning 6 out of 6 is a tall order. Lebron's run has been great but his Finals averages are actually a bit disappointing. His numbers are slightly better than Kobe and Kobe's not really a model in excellency.

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2014, 05:08 PM
The arguments that Dad Killer fans present are so flawed, tbh:lol..

- I don't think Lebron has went up against great competition in the East, but have you guys actually seem the teams Dad Killer went up against in his era?:lmao..teams with Reggie Miller as the #1 option and John Starks as the #2 guy..it would have been embarrassing for Dad Killer to lose any of those series' with his stacked supporting cast, tbh..

- Three hasn't been a top 20 player since 2011, tbh..his metrics during the past 2 playoff runs, particularly last year, were just awful and not even close to prime Three..the only players that have won titles with as much or less than Lebron are 2003 Duncan and 1994 Olajuwon, tbh..

- I find it puzzling that Lebron is hated by many for trivial reasons, yet these same people admire a man that played a part in the murder of his own father:lmao..

gnsf0946
02-13-2014, 05:13 PM
in 2011 finals Wade showed up big time, Lebron didn't and no amount of ":lmao" is going to change that

Double-Up
02-13-2014, 05:26 PM
:lmao retarded

Niggas a pimp in real life...

http://i.imgur.com/pUGJ8a9.jpg

spurraider21
02-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Lebron choked his balls of in 2011, and was saved in 2013, though he did capitalize with an epic game 7. MJ had his "Cleveland" era in the 80's with no help, but he had to play the celtics and pistons. Lebron lost to Dwight tbh. Kang is going to have to sustain this level of play for at least a few more years, much like DK did once he broke through and rang

you can talk about the pacers and Knicks of the 90's but look at the east right now, tbh

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2014, 05:33 PM
:lol Lebron didn't lose to Dwight, the Cavs lost to the Magic..

Blaming a guy that averaged 38-8-8 for the series, with a playoff record PER, is just a sad argument..

And for the record, as I've said before, I do think Dad Killer has the greatest career of all-time, and I don't think Lebron will surpass him from an accolades/career standpoint..from a peak-standpoint, Lebron is better, though, and he would be revered even more had he played in an era without social media, etc..

If Dad Killer played in today's league, he would be viewed in a different light, tbh..Stern would not have been able to cover up his off-court "activities" like he could in the early 90s..

spurraider21
02-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Alright, strike that example from the record, tbh :lol. The rest stands

Katherine Robinson
02-13-2014, 05:47 PM
I don't see why one would even consider Lebron the greatest when he cannot make a strong enough case against Bird or Magic (not taking pf-C into discussion). He will likely retire in the same bracket as the aforementioned players unless he does something amazing such as a 4-peat or several repeats.

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2014, 05:49 PM
^^those are team accomplishments..

LkrFan
02-13-2014, 05:54 PM
He's now 6-6 in elimination games and his averages are even better. Name me one other player with better numbers in elimination games, tbh.

Unless you started watching the NBA in 2003, this is quite possibly the worst thread of all time. Props son. :toast

dirk4mvp
02-13-2014, 05:58 PM
The best thing about any if this is watching the faggot tosb Wade breaking down in front of our eyes. Awesome to watch imo

Phillip
02-13-2014, 06:01 PM
The arguments that Dad Killer fans present are so flawed, tbh:lol..

- I don't think Lebron has went up against great competition in the East, but have you guys actually seem the teams Dad Killer went up against in his era?:lmao..teams with Reggie Miller as the #1 option and John Starks as the #2 guy..it would have been embarrassing for Dad Killer to lose any of those series' with his stacked supporting cast, tbh..

- Three hasn't been a top 20 player since 2011, tbh..his metrics during the past 2 playoff runs, particularly last year, were just awful and not even close to prime Three..the only players that have won titles with as much or less than Lebron are 2003 Duncan and 1994 Olajuwon, tbh..

- I find it puzzling that Lebron is hated by many for trivial reasons, yet these same people admire a man that played a part in the murder of his own father:lmao..

HH, bringing goods as usual :tu

the revisionist history about MJ really gets old. People want to say "ZOMG he played against Payton and Kemp! Lebron never played against a duo near as good as them!" when he beat a trio of stars in Durant (megastar), Westbrook, and Harden. Payton was great, but was he really much if any better than Westbrook? And Kemp SURE isn't as good as Durant.

They say "oh Harden choked" or "oh Parker choked" or "oh Ginobili choked" when Malone choked for 2 straight finals series. Or people saying he was giftwrapped championships because he didn't have to face teams at full strength, when MJ won his 1st finals with Magic not healthy and Worthy being hurt.

Or the "weak competition" excuses when MJ had to face such incredibly difficult teams, such as the Cavaliers being led by the monstrous Mark Price, the Hornets with megastar Glen Rice, the unstoppable Washington duo of C-Webb and Juwan Howard, Steve Smith and Lattener garnering 70-win ecstasy down in ATL, and the Nets punking niggas dirty with Keith Van Horn and Sam Cassell.

:rolleyes

HI-FI
02-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Unless you started watching the NBA in 2003, this is quite possibly the worst thread of all time. Props son. :toast

he's trolling Harlem and Lebron fans imo.

Clipper Nation
02-13-2014, 06:21 PM
in 2011 finals Wade showed up big time, Lebron didn't and no amount of ":lmao" is going to change that

LeBron had a bad series, no doubt.... but Jordan got his shit pushed in in the first round several times and got repeatedly owned by the Bird Celtics and Bad Boy Pistons until Stern changed the rules to make it easier on him :lol

One ECF game in particular against the Pistons, Craig Hodges scored more than MJ (who only took 8 shots), and Jordan claimed after the game that he was "just trying to be a decoy".... could you imagine how bad LeBron would be roasted by Media if that were him instead? :lol

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198905310DET.html

Killakobe81
02-13-2014, 06:25 PM
LeBron had a bad series, no doubt.... but Jordan got his shit pushed in in the first round several times and got repeatedly owned by the Bird Celtics and Bad Boy Pistons until Stern changed the rules to make it easier on him :lol

One ECF game in particular against the Pistons, Craig Hodges scored more than MJ (who only took 8 shots), and Jordan claimed after the game that he was "just trying to be a decoy".... could you imagine how bad LeBron would be roasted by Media if that were him instead? :lol

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198905310DET.html

Oh trust me Jordan fans are just as crazy as Lebron or Kobe fans are.
MJ had some bad big games too.
And did not play elite defense 24/7 either ...Lebron coasts on defense at times but not as much as Kobe or MJ.

Clipper Nation
02-13-2014, 06:28 PM
Another fact: Jordan was 11-17 against Bird in the regular season and 0-6 against Bird in the playoffs.... could you imagine the reaction if LeBron was consistently owned by Durant like that? :lol

Jordan Jockers' revisionist history and double standards get old.... MJ was a great player, but you don't need to rewrite history to back that up, and he did have his share of failures and chokejobs just like any other great player....

LkrFan
02-13-2014, 06:30 PM
he's trolling Harlem and Lebron fans imo.

In that case - he trolled me too. :lmao

Clipper Nation
02-13-2014, 06:31 PM
In that case - he trolled me too. :lmao
Sorry, Juan, but LeGOAT is making the league bend over and bite their bottom lip :downspin:

LkrFan
02-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Sorry, Juan, but LeGOAT is making the league bend over and bite their bottom lip :downspin:
No, he's not. If MJ played today and was pampered the way LeBastard is, he'd average 50/7/7. I'm not even remotely bullshitting son. He once averaged 37 ppg in the rough and tumble '80s. 50 wouldn't be a stretch with the no hand check rules and touch fouls that LeBastard benefits from. :downspin:

jimbo
02-13-2014, 06:42 PM
No, he's not. If MJ played today and was pampered the way LeBastard is, he'd average 50/7/7. I'm not even remotely bullshitting son. He once averaged 37 ppg in the rough and tumble '80s. 50 wouldn't be a stretch with the no hand check rules and touch fouls that LeBastard benefits from. :downspin:

"rough and tumble '80s"

You got 148 dropped on you in a finals game in the "rough and tumble '80s." (Period)

Clipper Nation
02-13-2014, 06:47 PM

Nice :downspin: attempt, Luis, but Stern loved him some MJ :lol

During Jordan's career, Stern...
- Made the flagrant foul rules tougher and added the "five-point" rule to neuter the Jordan Rules
- Banned handchecking just as MJ was coming back from his gambling suspension
- Shortened the three-point line to inflate Jordan's 3-point percentage
- Rigged Game 6 in 1998 (bullshit shot clock violation on Eisley, no-call on Harper's obvious shot clock violation, not calling Jordan for his pushoff) so the Bulls wouldn't have to play Game 7 without Pippen
- Gave foodstamp after foodstamp to MJ - he was routinely among the top 3-5 in FTA as a shooting guard alongside bigs like Malone and Barkley... as Magic said, "can't stand too close to Jordan, that's a foul!"

Again, Jordan is the GOAT (for now), but let's not revise history.... he got plenty of love from the league :lol

spurraider21
02-13-2014, 06:48 PM
Another fact: Jordan was 11-17 against Bird in the regular season and 0-6 against Bird in the playoffs.... could you imagine the reaction if LeBron was consistently owned by Durant like that? :lol

HI-FI
02-13-2014, 06:56 PM
plus imagine MJ with Lebron's arsenal of PEDs :wow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

LkrFan
02-13-2014, 07:01 PM
Nice :downspin: attempt, Luis, but Stern loved him some MJ :lol

During Jordan's career, Stern...
- Made the flagrant foul rules tougher and added the "five-point" rule to neuter the Jordan Rules
- Banned handchecking just as MJ was coming back from his gambling suspension
- Shortened the three-point line to inflate Jordan's 3-point percentage
- Rigged Game 6 in 1998 (bullshit shot clock violation on Eisley, no-call on Harper's obvious shot clock violation, not calling Jordan for his pushoff) so the Bulls wouldn't have to play Game 7 without Pippen
- Gave foodstamp after foodstamp to MJ - he was routinely among the top 3-5 in FTA as a shooting guard alongside bigs like Malone and Barkley... as Magic said, "can't stand too close to Jordan, that's a foul!"

Again, Jordan is the GOAT (for now), but let's not revise history.... he got plenty of love from the league :lol

Luis? :lol

Damn good :downspin: son! :rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
02-13-2014, 07:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

:wow is right! BAAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!! :lmao

jimbo
02-13-2014, 07:02 PM

Plenty had to be juicing back then. You were coming of the heels of the steroid era in the NFL and you were entering the steroid era of the MLB. Not to mention I'm not even sure if they really tested back then.

This was the first guy (Don Maclean) that got caught on steroids in 2000. The white guy.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/121026051130-01-sports-drugs-1026-horizontal-gallery.jpg

LkrFan
02-13-2014, 07:04 PM

"rough and tumble '80s"

You got 148 dropped on you in a finals game in the "rough and tumble '80s." (Period)

Whose farmer, er uh, troll is this? '80s was a golden era. Showtime vs. whoever (mostly Boston) saved the NBA. Sp*rs wouldn't even have an NBA franchise if not for the Lakers kicking ass in the '80s. Show some respect son.

Clipper Nation
02-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Luis? :lol

Damn good :downspin: son! :rollin :lmao :rollin

Not :downspin:, Ronaldo.... just facts :lol

Katherine Robinson
02-13-2014, 07:17 PM

Not if you lead your team to these wins. You try to point to Lebron leading his team to a repeat even though he almost cost his team a title with his forgotten game 6 shot. Jordan ended his Bulls career with a game winner. Magic won his first with the team's franchise player out in his rookie year. They maybe team accomplishments but you qualify a players contribution to the number.

Let's face it, Lebron isn't winning in a stacked league. He beat 2011-2012 Durant, not 2014 Durant. He (barely) beat 2013 Duncan, not 2003 Duncan. He barely beat the Pacers, a team you like bashing.

I know you're "trolling", but take Lebron's genitals out of your mouth while you do it so you can breath.

Phillip
02-13-2014, 07:19 PM

:lmao saying Lebron is pampered when no one in NBA history benefited more from preferential officiating than Mike

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2014, 07:26 PM
- :lol you didn't mention any individual performances on route to winning a title, you simply stated "Lebron would have to 4-peat", which is a terrible argument..what if Miami won a ring with Lebron having a horrible playoffs?..why should he get credit for the ring?..I hate blind ring counters, their arguments are embarrassing, tbh..you can't cite rings and not have Bill Russell as your GOAT, btw..

- Um, Dad Killer played in the most watered down era in NBA history:lol..teams with John Starks as a #2 option and Reggie Miller as the best player on a team would get murdered in any other era..

- How can a player almost cost a team the title when he leads them in every statistical category and is literally the only facilitator on the floor? Not to mention shutting down the best perimeter player on the opposing team in that series:lol..

God, these blind ring counters that use cliches and antiquated arguments..

Katherine Robinson
02-13-2014, 07:41 PM
- :lol you didn't mention any individual performances on route to winning a title, you simply stated "Lebron would have to 4-peat", which is a terrible argument..what if Miami won a ring with Lebron having a horrible playoffs?..why should he get credit for the ring?..I hate blind ring counters, their arguments are embarrassing, tbh..you can't cite rings and not have Bill Russell as your GOAT, btw..

- Um, Dad Killer played in the most watered down era in NBA history:lol..teams with John Starks as a #2 option and Reggie Miller as the best player on a team would get murdered in any other era..

- How can a player almost cost a team the title when he leads them in every statistical category and is literally the only facilitator on the floor? Not to mention shutting down the best perimeter player on the opposing team in that series:lol..

God, these blind ring counters that use cliches and antiquated arguments..

- Lebron LEADING his team to a 4-peat, which is implied since he is in his prime and the best player in the league, would make the argument. If he had a horrible playoff, according to you and your opinion on Wade, it'd be an anomaly.

- "Dad Killer's" competition isn't watered down as today's league where an aging Tim Duncan can still dominate his position, Pacers without a legit (according to you) superstar can give the "GOAT" so much trouble and OKC (a chronically flawed team at the time) makes it to the finals.

Rings are team achievements which are partitioned into contributions of each individual. Now if you're done swallowing Lebron's load and ignoring how poor today's league is, maybe you can go protest the Seahawk's doping.

spurraider21
02-13-2014, 07:43 PM
I think she was referring to the final minute of game 6 where Lebron had several misses/turnovers

Katherine Robinson
02-13-2014, 07:49 PM
I think she was referring to the final minute of game 6 where Lebron had several misses/turnovers

This is erased from the mind of most people, Lebron is fortunate to have a team and role players to prop him up when needed. You'd think he was playing with the Cavliers again from what gets posted...

spurraider21
02-13-2014, 08:02 PM
This is erased from the mind of most people, Lebron is fortunate to have a team and role players to prop him up when needed. You'd think he was playing with the Cavliers again from what gets posted...
Pretty much. HH compares the talent around LeBron to the 03 spurs... Where the 2nd leading scorer in the postseason was fucking Stephen Jackson :lol

jimbo
02-13-2014, 08:07 PM

It's actually the opposite. Spo putting Wade back in fucked up the Heat's spacing, one of the causes of those turnovers.

He put his best players in regardless of what was working/had worked, Pop did the opposite by taking Duncan out.

LkrFan
02-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Not :downspin:, Ronaldo.... just facts :lol

:rollin :lmao :rollin

Rogue
02-13-2014, 09:45 PM
Heel's inverse-trolling goods :lol

Phillip
02-13-2014, 10:23 PM

Oh, well if that is the case, Jordan is fortunate to have Pippen control the offense when out and to have Kerr/Paxson hitting game winning shots for him. Magic is fortunate to have one of the most unstoppable scorers in history at his side. Bird is fortunate to have one of the best low-post scorers in history. Kobe is fortunate to have the most dominant force in history at his side, as well as Derek Fisher hitting countless bail-out shots.

Perhaps we could talk about MJ having an absolutely atrocious game 6 against Seattle, or Kobe's awful game 7 against Boston, that their teammates conveniently bailed them out of.

Your argument about a couple unfortunate turnovers, after singlehandedly carrying his team back into the game, carrying his team through numerous playoff series, being a legit reason to think less of a player with a history of generally clutch play and big performances, is about as stupid as it gets.

Mikeanaro
02-14-2014, 02:34 AM
What about the Lebronings? is that worthy in a GOAT discussion? Negron is the biggest turd of all time, tbh

mudyez
02-14-2014, 06:28 AM
Tell me who you think, is the best player and I tell you what kind of guy you are.

Thats the OP:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2zILyOLcDcw/TS3E32STayI/AAAAAAAAADA/cjbWLflc7X4/s1600/212%2B%282%29.jpg

Sadly I know someone that thinks D12 is the best player right now.

Gummi Clutch
02-14-2014, 09:47 AM
If Durant wasn't in this league, then yes you probably would be right.

Rogue
02-14-2014, 10:06 AM
would make perfect sense if thread was started by HarlemHeat imho, as the term "all time" probably just means 3-4 days to him which's why he often says "wow this is the best/worst post I've ever/you'll ever read"...

irishock
02-14-2014, 12:47 PM
If Durant wasn't in this league, then yes you probably would be right.

Ugh...

DMC
02-14-2014, 01:12 PM
The only legit knock on James is that he was crowned before he ever played a single game in the NBA whereas Jordan was a big surprise to everyone. James therefore had to live up to the hype, and has + some. You can go back on this forum and find takes that claim James is an overblown HS player who won't do shit in the NBA.

You also have to consider that many people today only recall Jordan through highlight clips, and didn't actually watch him play entire games or entire seasons. They take his stats and his highlights and make a god in their minds of him, but in his day there were plenty people even in the NBA saying he's overrated. You can tell by the chip he has on his shoulder that rejection and doubt from others fueled his fire. Lebron never had rejection or doubt of any consequence.

Truth be told, Gilbert would never have gotten talent in Cleveland to build a champion. He was bringing in relatively shit players to put around Lebron when he should have been going over the top to get a stacked team. He cannot afford to win and that's why he's a loser even with all those fucking 1st overall picks they've had. If Lebron stays in Cleveland, he's in the same boat as Barkley and Malone in they he would never ring.

Having three franchise players on your team (Wade, Bosh and James) should make you an automatic favorite every year, and it's rare that a stacked team makes the Finals on the first try (Lakers did it but they were stacked before Malone/Payton).

But with Wade with one foot in the grave, James is surely looking around. He probably feels he's gotten Bosh and Wade successes, and now he wants to do the same for Melo and CP3. So I'd not be surprised to see James go to NY to play with Carmelo or to LA to play with CP3/Melo if the Clippers can swing a Griffin for Melo deal. I'd rather have Griffin, but James can kill two birds with one stone so that might lure him away from Miami. Other than Wade, Lebron has no ties there.

Clipper Nation
02-14-2014, 01:30 PM
But with Wade with one foot in the grave, James is surely looking around. He probably feels he's gotten Bosh and Wade successes, and now he wants to do the same for Melo and CP3. So I'd not be surprised to see James go to NY to play with Carmelo or to LA to play with CP3/Melo if the Clippers can swing a Griffin for Melo deal. I'd rather have Griffin, but James can kill two birds with one stone so that might lure him away from Miami. Other than Wade, Lebron has no ties there.
We're not trading Blake, especially not for that fat brick-chucker Melo, tbh.... LeBron's smart, I'm sure he realizes how amazing he and Blake would be on the same team, tbh....

DMC
02-14-2014, 01:33 PM
We're not trading Blake, especially not for that fat brick-chucker Melo, tbh.... LeBron's smart, I'm sure he realizes how amazing he and Blake would be on the same team, tbh....

I doubt you have a say in the matter. Just a wild guess. Lebron didn't go to Miami because of how great he and Wade would be on the same team. He went because he wanted to play along side his friend. He sees himself as a shaman and he thinks he can take them all to the top of the mountain.

If it was just about winning rings, he could have gone almost anywhere.

Clipper Nation
02-14-2014, 01:57 PM
I doubt you have a say in the matter.
Never claimed to, it's just a fact that our front office has repeatedly said they aren't trading Blake, no matter how many lame rumors (Blake for Dwight, Blake for Love, Blake for Melo, etc.) that ESPN makes up, tbh....

DMC
02-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Never claimed to, it's just a fact that our front office has repeatedly said they aren't trading Blake, no matter how many lame rumors (Blake for Dwight, Blake for Love, Blake for Melo, etc.) that ESPN makes up, tbh....

It doesn't matter what front offices say. If they can get Lebron by trading away Griffin for Melo, they'd do it in an heartbeat. They also might consider trading Jordan and Griffin for Melo. I could see them eventually having Lebron, Melo, CP3 and probably Bynum with some decent bench guys. They'll never ring with the crew they have.

Rogue
02-14-2014, 08:43 PM
^ they only have one Griffin though, which means they ain't gonna get both Bron and Melo